View Poll Results: What is the best song on Invincible?

Voters
277. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unbreakable

    29 10.47%
  • Heartbreaker

    9 3.25%
  • Invincible

    5 1.81%
  • Break Of Dawn

    19 6.86%
  • Heaven Can Wait

    11 3.97%
  • You Rock My World

    35 12.64%
  • Butterflies

    15 5.42%
  • Speechless

    53 19.13%
  • 2000 Watts

    9 3.25%
  • You Are My Life

    9 3.25%
  • Privacy

    4 1.44%
  • Don't Walk Away

    9 3.25%
  • Cry

    6 2.17%
  • The Lost Children

    8 2.89%
  • Whatever Happens

    43 15.52%
  • Threatened

    13 4.69%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 146

Thread: Best song on Invincible

   
  1. #121
    Points: 10, Level: 1
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 0%

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    5
    Points
    10
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    Heaven Can Wait. Hands Down!

  2. #122
    Points: 6,904, Level: 54
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    66
    Points
    6,904
    Level
    54
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 24 Times in 12 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    Speechless
    Threatend
    YRMW
    Butterflies (feat. Eve)
    Cry

  3. #123
    Points: 55, Level: 1
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    cromoonwalker123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4
    Points
    55
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    My favorites:
    - You rock my world
    - Speechless
    - 2000 watts
    - Cry
    - The lost children

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to cromoonwalker123 For This Useful Post:


  5. #124
    Points: 12,767, Level: 73
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    SmoothCriminal1995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    1,492
    Points
    12,767
    Level
    73
    Thanks
    6,196
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 744 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    I went for Break Of Dawn but it could have been, Whatever Happens or You Rock My World. They're my favourites off the album

    I do think I look at Invincible differently than Mike's other work, my favourites on his other records are just my favourite songs, but with Invincible I like my favourites because they sound more like classic Mike and also they're the direction I think he should have went in with the album, instead of trying to compete with Timberlake and Usher, he should have been himself because that's what they're imitating. MJ should have worked smarter not harder
    I enjoy Invincible but I don't go back to the album that much as I do individual tracks from the album. I appreciate the effort nonetheless

  6. #125
    Points: 111, Level: 2
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Neverland Brasil PROd.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    22
    Points
    111
    Level
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    this album is really good, one of my favs

  7. #126
    Points: 61, Level: 1
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    13
    Points
    61
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    For me, Unbreakable takes the cake. It shows to the audience that Michael was still Unbreakable even after everything he came through during the 90s. This song starts Michael's 00s era and proves that he got what it takes to be a 21-century artist.

  8. #127
    Points: 845, Level: 15
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    28
    Points
    845
    Level
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    My two personal faves are Butterflies and Whatever happens. Those are the two that are sort of a revelation for me.

  9. #128
    Points: 2,275, Level: 28
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    12
    Points
    2,275
    Level
    28
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    Unpopular opinion, but Heartbreaker is my favorite at the moment. Especially the bridge part gives me goosebumps everytime i'm listening to it

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to GrandMaster-D For This Useful Post:


  11. #129
    Points: 5,524, Level: 47
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    216
    Points
    5,524
    Level
    47
    Thanks
    719
    Thanked 513 Times in 141 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    Threatened or Speechless. Depends on my mood. If it had to be one then it would be Threatened.

  12. #130
    Points: 49, Level: 1
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    4
    Points
    49
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    Unbreakable is a criminally underrated song in the entire MJ catalogue. I remember the 1st time I herd it in 01 and meeting in shock of how good the vocals were. And then the surprise verses from Biggie was the icing on the cake. I can still listen to it till this day. It's a shame a video was Not Madre for this one

  13. #131
    Points: 1,168, Level: 18
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Glancey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    19
    Points
    1,168
    Level
    18
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    The Lost Children
    Whatever Happens
    You Rock My World
    Threatened
    Unbreakable
    Cry
    ......

  14. #132
    Points: 10,298, Level: 67
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    mj_frenzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,640
    Points
    10,298
    Level
    67
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 800 Times in 454 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal1995 View Post
    I went for Break Of Dawn but it could have been, Whatever Happens or You Rock My World. They're my favourites off the album

    I do think I look at Invincible differently than Mike's other work, my favourites on his other records are just my favourite songs, but with Invincible I like my favourites because they sound more like classic Mike and also they're the direction I think he should have went in with the album, instead of trying to compete with Timberlake and Usher, he should have been himself because that's what they're imitating. MJ should have worked smarter not harder
    I enjoy Invincible but I don't go back to the album that much as I do individual tracks from the album. I appreciate the effort nonetheless
    But he did not work harder on the 'Invincible' album, considering that his involvement to the album was minimal (in essence, he only recorded his vocals).

    He was never committed to the album’s project, he was also canceling many important recording sessions for no reason, not to mention all those external songwriters and producers that he hired so as to work on that album.

    I agree though about ‘Break Of Dawn’, ‘Whatever Happens’ and ‘You Rock My World’, which are good songs of his old, classic sound.

    Quote Originally Posted by alanram View Post
    For me, Unbreakable takes the cake. It shows to the audience that Michael was still Unbreakable even after everything he came through during the 90s. This song starts Michael's 00s era and proves that he got what it takes to be a 21-century artist.
    Quote Originally Posted by ends1 View Post
    Unbreakable is a criminally underrated song in the entire MJ catalogue. I remember the 1st time I herd it in 01 and meeting in shock of how good the vocals were. And then the surprise verses from Biggie was the icing on the cake. I can still listen to it till this day. It's a shame a video was Not Madre for this one
    ‘Unbreakable’ is not really an underrated song.

    It is not also an authentic song, given that it melodically relies on the The Notorious B.I.G.’s ‘Unbelievable’ song (released in 1994).

    And with a duration of nearly six and a half minutes, ‘Unbreakable’ certainly overstays its welcome on the album.

  15. #133
    Points: 10,309, Level: 67
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Germany
    Posts
    1,263
    Points
    10,309
    Level
    67
    Thanks
    1,198
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 536 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    He was never committed to the album’s project, he was also canceling many important recording sessions for no reason, not to mention all those external songwriters and producers that he hired so as to work on that album.
    You poor thing. Michael never told mj_frency a reason why he cancelled a recording session. So no reason can exist.



    Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    ‘Unbreakable’ ...

    It is not also an authentic song, given that it melodically relies on the The Notorious B.I.G.’s ‘Unbelievable’ song (released in 1994).
    It does not rely "melodically" on The Notorious B.I.G.’s ‘Unbelievable’.
    It was inspired by the style of that instrumental, i.e. using that sort of piano groove on a hip-hop'ish beat.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Electro For This Useful Post:


  17. #134
    Points: 17,059, Level: 83
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Mikky Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,511
    Points
    17,059
    Level
    83
    Thanks
    4,634
    Thanked 2,381 Times in 1,174 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    Quote Originally Posted by mj_frenzy View Post
    But he did not work harder on the 'Invincible' album, considering that his involvement to the album was minimal (in essence, he only recorded his vocals).

    He was never committed to the album’s project, he was also canceling many important recording sessions for no reason, not to mention all those external songwriters and producers that he hired so as to work on that album.
    @mj_frenzy When something you say is your opinion, please state this, at the beginning. Then it will be a debatable topic. If there is evidence that what you are saying is a fact, then please post such evidence, e.g. a first hand anecdote from someone who was there at the time, or is an expert in the field being discussed. We have asked you many times to modify your posting style, as it is causing a lot of friction and upset in many threads, amongst many members. You have received infractions also, for not providing appropriate back-up to support controversial and negative statements, which can be seen as disrespectful towards Michael Jackson, which is against our forum rules. Sometimes you are regurgitating hearsay or rumours from tabloids and unreliable sources, which is also against our rules.


  18. #135
    Points: 13,039, Level: 74
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 211
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,569
    Points
    13,039
    Level
    74
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked 204 Times in 136 Posts

    Default Re: Best song on Invincible

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    @mj_frenzy When something you say is your opinion, please state this, at the beginning. Then it will be a debatable topic. If there is evidence that what you are saying is a fact, then please post such evidence, e.g. a first hand anecdote from someone who was there at the time, or is an expert in the field being discussed. We have asked you many times to modify your posting style, as it is causing a lot of friction and upset in many threads, amongst many members. You have received infractions also, for not providing appropriate back-up to support controversial and negative statements, which can be seen as disrespectful towards Michael Jackson, which is against our forum rules. Sometimes you are regurgitating hearsay or rumours from tabloids and unreliable sources, which is also against our rules.

    Why do you even bother? It will just be ignored

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •