I was meant to see Michael last night..

swirly

Proud Member
The 16th July 2009, the day that my dreams came true!

My only dream was to see Michael Jackson live in concert, and when I became a fan and years later in March 2009, I heard he was going to do some more concerts, you can imagine my excitement and delight. After a lot of hassle, I eventually got tickets, and I was counting down the days until 3:45pm July 16th when me, my brother, his girlfriend and my boyfriend were going to be on the way to see him.

Why did God have to take him? Why did he leave?

My heart broke on that night when we heard the dreadful news. I refused to believe it, I didn't care that TMZ reported it, I wasn't going to accept it until BBC confirmed it. Then I knew there was no hope. My heart was beating so fast, I felt physically sick, I choked on my own tears. And when BBC confirmed it I knew it was all over, all gone.

I keep thinking that it's all a bad dream. Yesterday morning I woke in a fit of excitement only to find everything flooding back to me. Yesterday was meant to be the best day of my LIFE, but now it was the WORST. Now I keep thinking "it's okay, it's okay, you've got tickets in February too" and I have to keep thinking that it's not okay, this is not some horrible nightmare, this is reality.

Michael inspired me like no other. For some people, it's crazy to feel this great shock and loss, no one understands but the people on here. I have never looked back from when I was 13 and heard You Rock My World on MTV; from that moment I was hooked on him, I collected everything, listened to him all the time, watched him as often as I could, my room was full of posters and defended him against all of my friends at school when the trial begun.

I want to believe in a God.. I want to be able to see Michael and all the others I've lost up in Heaven one day, but if there really was a God then why did he take him? Heaven doesn't need him, WE need him, RIGHT HERE, it's not fair. This world needs Michael, we need him to help spread his love, his innocence, we need to hear his voice and listen to his music and believe once again that there is good in this world.

This past two years have SUCKED. I have lost my brother, my dog, Michael my greatest inspiration, and now my 91-year old Nan has had to go into hospital with a tumour.

Why does life suck sometimes so much?

I know there is light at the end of the tunnel. But at the moment it's blocked by a blanket of loss and despair.

Now my aim is to do well at work, and raise a family, and teach my children what real love is, tell them all about Michael and what a shock to the world it was when he left this place.

:(

I know everything really suck right now, but all I've got to say is... Hang in there. You'll get through it. Somehow we all will.
Don't ask me how, I'm just as lost and hurt as you are. But just know we are here for you. We really need to support each other right now.

I was going to see him next week. I'm really not looking forward to the pain I will feel that night. I just can't understand that he's gone. I'm falling apart as well.
But I guess God actually needed him more than we did. I can't imagine how that's possible. I'm really sorry to hear about your brother, dog and nanny. Let's just hope it will all get better soon. I really don't know what to say other then that.
Like I said, hang in there. I will try to do so as well.

I'm so sorry. I know you must be so sad and dissapointed, but we must all work together to help keep MJ's leagacy alive. I feel like that's really important right now. We have to try to remain strong although it's very hard. I know it is for me anyway.

*hugs* swirly!!!
Lots of strength to your nan and you and your whole family and my best wishes.

I am sorry you couldn't experience Michael live... what a bunch of energy he always was on stage, amazing. But at least you could experience being a fan... experience his music, experience all the joy he brought us.

I feel Michael was a gift to us.

And honestly I clearly do not think God took him away... he welcomed him with open arms I'm sure... maybe a bit worried about all the Michaelmania in heaven now... but he was there when Michael left to welcome him.
Michaels death... as many many deaths in this world... were caused by humans. That wasn't Gods will.
So don't really worry about that. There is a God and a very good one. We might do not always understand him but then again that's why we need to have faith.

Yes Michael is not with us anymore but I do believe he is where it's all good for him... nothings hurting anymore and nothing will ever hurt him again.

We're still here... looks a bit as if we're left behind... then again it wasn't Michaels will to leave also I believe.
So I'm with Cinnamon strongly here, now it is up to us... to at least give a little bit from the immense we got from Michael... we have to give it to the world and yes especially to our children and maybe their children. They'll not have the blessing anymore to have lived in the time and area of Michael Jackson... we have to pass that on... we have to keep his legacy. Hang in there... we're sticking together... and we'll be strong again.

I feel for all the fans ofcourse, but i feel even more for those who were supposd to have seen him these couple of days. Hang in there :(

I'm supposed to be seeing him tonight. All day i've been thinking 'I should be on the train now' or ' I would be getting to the hotel now' and I know it's gonna get so much worse when it gets to the time the concert would have been starting. Like you said, today would have been, without a doubt, the best day of my life. And instead im sat at home feeling almost as bad as i did on June 25th, it seems to only really be hitting me now, on the day i should have finally been eeing him. Ever since i was young it has been my dream to see him, I just can't believe how close I was. And then I realise how selfish I am being and I hate myself when i think of his poor children, and how much worse this must be for them.

I don't know what to do. There's nothing i can do i suppose. My only comfort is knowing there are many others out there feeling the same.

Thank you everyone for your support. Thursday was a bad, bad day, Friday too, but Saturday is a little better. I hope you can try and keep busy tonight Laura (that's what I tried to do). I know how it feels to keep looking at the clock though and saying "I would be.. I should be..".

I do feel selfish too sometimes, but I guess there is a little bit of that in every fan here, "why did it have to happen", "why THEN", "why did He take him" .. But it's true we must think of Michael's family, children and close friends. God bless them (and us) :(

Thank you everyone for your support. Thursday was a bad, bad day, Friday too, but Saturday is a little better. I hope you can try and keep busy tonight Laura (that's what I tried to do). I know how it feels to keep looking at the clock though and saying "I would be.. I should be..".

Thankyou. I can't believe I should be sat in the O2 right now. Glad you are feeling a little better today :)

I was supposed to have gone Thursday and tonight. :( Just totally bummed sitting here. I'm not even emotional...it goes so much deeper than that. Just horrible. *hugs everyone*

Thankyou. I can't believe I should be sat in the O2 right now. Glad you are feeling a little better today :)

It's so difficult isn't it :( It's weird because we can't even take reference from the first concert to imagine what it might have been like.. We don't know what time he would have got on stage, whether he would have been late, who you would be watching while you were waiting for him.. All I could picture at the time was me sitting there with my MJ t-shirt I bought especially bouncing in my seat with all the excitement in the world :(

I was supposed to have gone Thursday and tonight. :( Just totally bummed sitting here. I'm not even emotional...it goes so much deeper than that. Just horrible. *hugs everyone*

*hugs Stacey* You were feeling the pain like me on Thursday then .. :( Totally bummed out, it was so depressing :( I hope tomorrow is a brighter day for you both :(

It's so difficult isn't it :( It's weird because we can't even take reference from the first concert to imagine what it might have been like.. We don't know what time he would have got on stage, whether he would have been late, who you would be watching while you were waiting for him.. All I could picture at the time was me sitting there with my MJ t-shirt I bought especially bouncing in my seat with all the excitement in the world :(

*hugs Stacey* You were feeling the pain like me on Thursday then .. :( Totally bummed out, it was so depressing :( I hope tomorrow is a brighter day for you both :(

Yeah, it's awful. Thankyou, and I hope it is for you too. :(

Let us know how you are feeling tomorrow, stay strong :)

:hug: for you swirly I know, we should have been so excited by now.

I still can't believe what has happened :( I know I will feel awful on 3rd august when I was meant to go. :(

I think I might do something that day, something fun. Maybe I will take the kids to the zoo, they would love that....and Michael loved the zoo :) I will need to do something, because the depression will be too much

:hug: Thank you Miss Star

The zoo sounds like a great idea! I would think of something fun to do in the evening too though. Maybe you could get a Disney film in with the kids too, anything to take your mind off it, and get lots of popcorn and maybe come KFC :)

Big big hugs everyone, i was ment to go tonight just one of the nights i was booked to go,its so bloody hard as i am like well now i wld be sitting in the o2 having the time of my life seeing my n1 and it just breaks me over and over and everyday i am thinking wat the headlines would of been and how thay would of said the most amazing concert ever just the whole thing doesnt make sense to me still hasnt sunk in for me that this has all happen not at all :-(,i truely wish no concerts had ever been booked as i think things wld have been different,i wldnt of cared if he had never done another concert,wldnt of stoped me loving him ever :-(((((( x

I'm watching my dangerous tour live in Bucharest DVD. Probably not the bext thing to take my mind of it but I realise now this is the closest im ever gonna get to seeing him live and it always used to cheer me up so maybe it will now too.

yeah..I was suppose to see him tonight, front row..right now..I'm listening to dirty diana and just shaking..throwing up (I'm really sick) and well..just feel like a nervewreck.
this has destroyed me.

everything u wrote, i feel the same way.
my cousin got in a car accident this year, my mum was close to dying, my grandpa is dying, my cat dissapeared and came back home with his backfoot almost just..gone!
my best friend died. michael, the person that gives me HOPE each day to cope is gone.. THE LIST CONTINUES.

I HATE 2009. 2009 has destroyed me. I'm broken. how can I be fixed?

I miss Michael :(

awww I feel so sorry for all of you, I feel the same way. I am more gutted that I have never seen him before, and this would be my first time. But it looks like I wont ever see him now :( That hurts me the most! I was surposed to be going to see him on the 24th July but I dont no how I will get through that day, i am really dreading it! I know this sounds sad, but one of my main goals in life was to at least see Michael in person, even if it was from a distant, but thats gone now! I surpose we can still say we nearly saw Michael live in the future, but it would have been better if we said we DID see him live. I just hope they do something at the o2 for Michael would at least take some of that disapointment from me. 2009 seems like a horrible year! I know loads of people that have died this year. I hope 2010 will be better!

Oh god, I'm so sorry to hear all about that stineLOVESmichael :( The years 2007-2009 have been bad years, and one can only hope that 2010, the start of a new decade will be better.

I wonder if someone predicted that these years would be bad, wonder if it was written in the stars somewhere?

For all of those who should have seen him last night, or should have been seeing him shortly, I hope you're all okay :(

I'm with you all that say 2009 has been an awful year. It's been the worst year of my life. So much shit I'm dealing with but Michael made it all better. Now there's nothing. :(

Hi Stacey. Is there anybody in your life that understands you and/or that can comfort you? :hug:

oh...i know you're feeling so sad and disappointed. but you're not alone, everyone in here will support you. we should stay positive and be more stronger, michael will like the sun in the sky who bright us. Missing his songs...
RIP MJ

Back