What Was 'Family Day'?

moonwalker5885

Proud Member
I have a rare invitation to Neverland from the early 1990's. It's to attend 'Family Day' at the ranch. I got this invitation from a friend who knew very little about the event/s.
Does anyone know what 'Family Day' at the ranch was? For the Jackson family? Employees?

i beleive stemming from their beliefs in the jehovahs witness religion,they didn,t celebrate christmas and birthdays so they used to make a day for their mother ,their father and family day,watch on private home movies joe jackson day,

i beleive stemming from their beliefs in the jehovahs witness religion,they didn,t celebrate christmas and birthdays so they used to make a day for their mother ,their father and family day,watch on private home movies joe jackson day,

That's what I thought at first but why make invitation for your own family?

i assume its because the jacksons have a large extended family. it'd make sense to send out invites to ensure everyone was given enough notification so that they could make the time attend.

It was yearly thing, where all the Jackson family met in one place for celebration and fun

Here is a photo

9sxd-1u.jpg

Is this the same thing that was mentioned on the Private Home Movies? I remember Michael narrating as they were celebrating Family Day, or that might have been Joe Jackson day, but I think the concept was the same. As they don't celebrate birthdays etc. as someone already mentioned, this was a substitute.

In one of the many interviews I have watched of Michael, he explained that family days took place at a different place each time and that they got together to "fellowship" as he said. I might have misunderstood him, but I think he was saying that most of them being in showbusiness, they hardly got a chance to be together and that was the reason why they would have the get togethers.

Did'nt he mention it in the oprah interview when he said they would pick a house and all get together and catch up on things.

Family Day was a day set aside each month (or year i can't remember) where the Jackson Family would meet at one of the siblings houses to catch up and spend time as a family. They would have food, activities ect. Michael, La Toya, Janet and I think Taj from 3T have mentioned it in interviews before.

Makes sense to me. My family does the same thing. There are over 35 of us that get together every Easter weekend and we have family that flies in from at least 8 different US states and three countries. We make a huge deal out of it like they seem to do, because you just don't get to see everyone very often. I bet it's a great time!

the kids would perform, they'd all get together. it used to be much more frequent back in the late 80s and early 90s but alas, things came up and it was hard to get everyone in one spot at the same time

the kids would perform, they'd all get together. it used to be much more frequent back in the late 80s and early 90s but alas, things came up and it was hard to get everyone in one spot at the same time

That photo from 2003 says otherwise.

uh on a regular basis. that was my point. it used to be a lot more frequent. as the yrs went on, it became harder to get everyone in one spot so they had smaller versions of it.

oh boy....ok that was a family reunion. NOT family day. it could've beenlabled that but family day was the immediate family getting together w/ their kids.

not the whole family.

Back