Prince - Billie Jean Michael Jackson Tribute

LOL. Prince can't sing Billie Jean. Sorry, but it sucks, LOL.

It was a FAN Prince took on stage that was singing "Billie Jean".

Prince did NOT sing it!!!

That was back in 2001.

haha, prince never called Michael a "faggot" and the video you posted shows Prince sticking up for michael... haha. You know just because you read it in a magazine or seen a tv screen don't make it factual. Prince and Michael has some issues but it was resolved. Prince has called michael musical genius and said michael was innocent during the trial. Prince has covered songs such the way you make me feel, billie jean and dont stop till you get enough. Michael's band during the bad tour would play Prince's "It's gonna be a beautiful night" on the Bad tour. Michael is the most played artist by his personal dj before his shows. (besides prince) in fact his drummer said Michael would send Prince tapes of Sly Stone concerts and such when he was on tour.... So cut it out.

Prince can go to hell, he disgust me. It should be him being dead.

What?? Are you watching what I am?? He was basically saying everyone should lay off Michael because he may know something the rest of us don't, and everyone's got to come back home, and people should let Michael do the same? And he was just playing about the 'fighting' thing.

And when did Prince call MJ any names???

I don't think for one minute Prince doesn't like Michael. That is all press garbage. Prince might not have said anything publicly about Michael's death but who knows what he is thinking privately. I don't know why they are compared apart from both being stars in the 80s they are 2 amazingly talented musicians both with their own style.

As stated already, this is an old soundcheck. First, it is not Prince singing, but a fan from the audience singing. Second, I don't remember Prince publicly saying anything negative about MJ. If so, then I would like to see a credible source on the subject. Most likely it is from a tabloid. The same tabloids that spread lies and half-truths about MJ.

The media always put two stars together and compare them by saying who's better. I love both artist's music and think both are talented. It was nice to watch that(or rather listen) to the clip of Billie Jean with Prince.

I think they had a healthy rivalry in the 80s but that's it. Actually originally Michael's song "Bad" would have been a duet between them, only Prince quit becuase of artistic differences - Prince wanted it to be a "darker" song in both music and lyrics.

There's also a funny reference to Prince in the movie Moonwalker. When the little kid who played Michael in the "Badder" video asks his bodyguard what Bubbles was wearing and the guard says "A Prince T-shirt". LOL.

I think it was just a healthy rivalry. Having said that I never liked Prince. Great musician, but too vulgar for my liking.

I can't stop laughing!

lol thanks i guess...

well i can't keep staying quiet to these idiotic comments like : Prince should have died and stuff. People don't seem to realize the graveness of their comments. And for the sake of getting stupid infractions or being banned I am not gonna be a quiet bitch. THAT SAME PRINCE HAS A CHILD! JUST A REMINDER!

I think Prince & Michael had a healthy rivalry but they both respected each other and I think they were actually friends in the 80s. I don't know if you guys have seen this clip but this is a rare clip of Michael, Prince & James sharing the stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CoxNzOOoQU

I think Prince & Michael had a healthy rivalry but they both respected each other and I think they were actually friends in the 80s. I don't know if you guys have seen this clip but this is a rare clip of Michael, Prince & James sharing the stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CoxNzOOoQU

That....that....oh my god....If I could go back in time at any point in my life, I would go back there. Prince, Michael and James...good god...:swoon:

lol thanks i guess...

well i can't keep staying quiet to these idiotic comments like : Prince should have died and stuff. People don't seem to realize the graveness of their comments. And for the sake of getting stupid infractions or being banned I am not gonna be a quiet bitch. THAT SAME PRINCE HAS A CHILD! JUST A REMINDER!

Prince has a kid?

Prince has called michael musical genius and said michael was innocent during the trial.

He defended Michael during the trial? What did he say? When? How?
And I also didn't know he called Mike a musical genius! You left me curious!!! :)

lol thanks i guess...

Prince's son died a few days after being born of a skull disease. This was around 1994 or 95.

This is an interesting thread. I also think that they had a healthy rivalry in the 80s, perhaps egged on by tabloids. Prince was supposed to stand next to Michael during 'We are the World', but Prince didn't make it to the session. Then they were supposed to duet on Bad (Michael's idea), but Prince opted out. It sounded like Michael really wanted to work with Prince professionally and you know Michael only works with the best. I would think as musicians, they deeply respect one another, hence Prince (allegedly) calling Michael a musical genius.

Also, I remember reading that in 2005 or 2006 that Michael went to go see Will.i.am perform with Prince in Las vegas. Michael was backstage waiting for Will, so I'm pretty sure he probably saw Prince backstage, as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they were on friendly terms with one another since Michael is so kind to everybody and Prince might have mellowed out over the years.

I also read on this forum that the first concert Prince ever went to was a Jackson 5 concert, so he must have been a fan. :)

He defended Michael during the trial? What did he say? When? How?
And I also didn't know he called Mike a musical genius! You left me curious!!! :)

Can't remember what interview it was but he did a lot in 2004. It was sorta his comeback with Musicology album and tour. but he was asked he said he thought michael innocent. the other story is cute one...

The interviewer told prince that he would same some people names and he wanted to prince say the first thing that came to mind. So he goes through some names then goes

Interviewer: Michael Jackson?

Prince: Musical Genius!

Interviewer: Janet Jackson?

Prince: The Genius's Sister...

LOL!!

Since i never see these storys on MJ board just the Prince boards here's a story from engineer Susan Rogers on when Michael visited Prince in the sound editing stage of his film "under the cherry moon"

"while working at the samuel goldwyn soundstage, Prince received a visit from Michael Jackson. whole he promptly challenged to a game of table tennis using a table that he had set up in the middle of the soundstage room. Michael said "i dont know how to play ping pong!" Rogers remembers. "But Prince took one pad and gave Michael the other and they started very politely volleying the ball back and forth. Suddenly Prince said. "C'mon on Michael, get into it."and he slammed the ball into Michael's crotch. I was rolling my eyes "Oh God he's embarrassing himself" But Michael knows how to handle himself and he didn't seem to care. Then Michael started flirting with Sherilyn Fenn who was visiting Prince in the studio. Prince was pacing, but he wasn't going to get into a the game of flirting back. They said hasty goodbyes"

Another story i've heard many times was Prince had com over a couple times to Hayvenhurst to have dinner but he kept flirting with La Toya and Michael was getting pissed. ( lol)

Back