Do white people get Vitiligo?

MichaelJackson4Ever

Proud Member
Since it's all about white patches on the skin, I was wondering if white people get this too?

Also, are you born with this or can anyone get it later in life?

White people can get it too. But it's just more noticable on darker skin.

I think your born with it but dosen't really show itself till later on in life..

Yes, white people can get. I read that it typically, but not always, appears before your 20s.

It doesn't create white patches, it destroys pigmentation, which looks like pathces. I think people of any color can suffer from it, but it's more noticable for someone with darker skin, because of the contrast.

There used to be an actor called Dudley Moore and he had the disease but it was easier to control because with white people the system produces too much pigment and that can be controlled unlike with black people it shuts off.

I read that while it is noticeable for black people year-round, it is most often not noticed by white people until the summer when they tan. Then they notice that certain patches of skin are getting darker.

I met to people with it, one woman in a swim suit she was covered in dark patches. Another woman in hospital, she told me it upset her people don't believe Michael, just because he is "Michael Jackson."

Ofcourse they do!!!! Everyone can get vitiligo, no matter what skin colour.
Its just more prominent on black people because of the contrast changes.

White people get really pale though and their skin tends to get really red where the vitiligo is visible. Ive seen lots of people recently with vitiligo on the streets and on buses.

Considering its a draining of pigment, they just continue to get lighter, almost translucent.

I had a teacher in school that was white and had a bunch of red and pink splotches on his face and hands. I always assumed that was vitiligo

I'm white and I have it anybody can have it regardless of race but you are born with it it's an autoimmune disorders these disorders don't have a cure(yet). my natural skin is porcelain white if I stay way from the sun there's no redness no freckles but you can still notice my white spots you look close
but I have to stay away from the sun at all costs which is difficult especially during summer. I also have a few strands of gray hair which are visible so I have to dye my hair blonde, I had them since I was 7 which is very unusual and I never knew why. at 17 I had my first white skin patches I went to a few dermatologists but they said it was nothing serious I was misdiagnosed it was only a few years later that I learned what I have. only when I'm under a lot stress it starts to spread I had to learn how to deal with stress that's extremely vital
one more thing your skin doesn't get red when you have vitiligo that has nothing to do with it...I hope this satisfies your curiosity

A former boss of mine had it and she was white. You really could only see the Vitiligo during the summer because she could tan unlike Mike. She had a mild form of the disease. When she would tan you could clearly see the discolored spots all over her face, hands, arms, etc. She used to tell me that she wished people would leave MJ alone and she wasn't even a fan of his music.

Unfortunately, no medicines have helped me. I tried the PUVA method about 15 years ago. During the PUVA treatment, the skin is being tanned by UVA light, so it is a kind of solarium essentially. Moreover, patients also need to take a medicine containing psoralens, which makes you sensitive to light. I had to wear sunglasses because I became so sensitive to light. I got tanned quickly, my skin became repigmented in some areas, but in most places, my skin stopped to get more tanned and did not change any further. Therefore, I stopped using this method, because there were no further results, and especially considering the fact that the photosensitising substance is harmful to the liver.

However, this new book about vitiligo worked for me. The title is ‘Curing vitiligo’ or ‘Treating vitiligo’, I think. The book describes healing methods and strategies that really work in the long run without side effects. I’ve started to use some of the methods described in the book, and my skin is getting repigmented. Even in areas where I have had vitiligo patches for 15 years. I think you can still order this book. One of my friends recommended it, and it really works. It cures vitiligo slowly and undoubtedly, but most importantly, without side effects. Some of you have asked for the book in a private message, but I’d rather share the link here because I might be able to help more people this way:

http://newtreatmentsforvitiligo.com

White people can get it too. But it's just more noticable on darker skin.

I think your born with it but dosen't really show itself till later on in life..

Yes. I know someone with red hair (man) he gets it the most on his hands

Of course everyone can get it. My next day neighbour has it. As shes white Its only really obvious in the summer when the rest of her skin tans so the areas with no pigment stand out more.

It can show at any age. Its thought something triggers it like a stressful event.

Back