getting my tattoo next week :)

MJJ Lover xOX

Proud Member
I'm getting my first tattoo next week :) Pretty excited about it hehe. I'm just going to get his name along the side of my foot in pretty writing with a love heart at the end. It's not going to be very big - just something small and something that will be really special to me, forever. I'm not sure if I want to get a little flower or maybe some stars going around his name as well? Maybe just one star for the i in Michael above the dot! :) I'm a bit nervous (okay, A LOT nervous) about the pain...so wish me luck and tell me what you think! I will post photos when it's done!
xxx

Last edited:
there's a tattoo topic on here already.

Gonna work on my design and then i will have it tattood sometime this year.

there's a tattoo topic on here already.

Gonna work on my design and then i will have it tattood sometime this year.

Loool she's just excited.

That's cool! I wanna get an MJ tattoo too but not sure what to get. I'm hoping it just kind of dawns on me lol. Sounds cute, have you chosen the font yet?

:D it's good fun actually.

I got one on the 13th. I was going to for the concerts too but yeah. got the MJ symbol on the inside of my wrist and i love it! only now I want more LOL!

ANd as for the pain, it actually doesnt really hurt. Its more uncomfortable then anything. If you grab a pair of keys press them into you fairly hard and drag them over your skin for about 5 minutes thats about the same pain.

Thing to know when youre getting a tattoo though you might have to go back in after the swellings gone down to get some areas touched up. but trust me, i was scared for years that it was going to hurt but it didnt really.

:D it's good fun actually.

I got one on the 13th. I was going to for the concerts too but yeah. got the MJ symbol on the inside of my wrist and i love it! only now I want more LOL!

ANd as for the pain, it actually doesnt really hurt. Its more uncomfortable then anything. If you grab a pair of keys press them into you fairly hard and drag them over your skin for about 5 minutes thats about the same pain.

Thing to know when youre getting a tattoo though you might have to go back in after the swellings gone down to get some areas touched up. but trust me, i was scared for years that it was going to hurt but it didnt really.

Do you have a pic? I was thinking of having the same thing. Not sure though cuz of work etc. :hmm:

Haha, that sounds painful. Ah, well I will suck it up. It will be worth it :) I love the sound of your tattoo smellyjw!!

I've got a poster that has his name on it and the font it's written in is pretty much EXACTLY how I want it :) it's cute and swirly...typical MJ looking. I'll see if I can find a picture!

xxx

me too:D Im getting mine on Tuesday.. Its also my first tattoo so im a bit scared!

Haha, that sounds painful. Ah, well I will suck it up. It will be worth it :) I love the sound of your tattoo smellyjw!!

I've got a poster that has his name on it and the font it's written in is pretty much EXACTLY how I want it :) it's cute and swirly...typical MJ looking. I'll see if I can find a picture!

xxx

53752057267601837685401.jpg

I'm on the left ;)

i must say though that the healing process is weird. But i also think it depends how much meat you have on you too.

My wrist was bigger then Em-Jay's so his bleed a tiny tiny bit more but not excessive or anything. but the healing ...... the first day and 2nd day even 3rd you should try keep it covered up. trick is to keep them moisturised. its now a week and a half later and im still moisturising it. they get itchy at the 4/5 day mark and the skin starts to peal. it kind of looks like the tattoo scabs a little bit. and it goes quiet flakey. dont stress about it just keep it clean and moisturised.
my swelling took about 3 days to go down 100% completely but it does get itchy. its actually quiet like a bad sunburn; the way it peals and itches when the new skin is healing over.

seriously it doesnt hurt. just dont get it close to boney areas of your body (im told that hurts more cos theres less fat) but in all honesty anyone who chooses to get a tattoo it seriously doesnt hurt. on a scale of about 1-10 and for examples sake we'll say breaking a nail or dropping a hammer on your foot would be about a ..... 6 or 7 (common now it does hurt) but he pain in comparison is only about a 4 or a 5

Last edited:
Love this thread! I'm getting my first tattoo this summer to! It's gonna be MJ related, just have to decide what!

OH! and MAKE SURE you TAKE with you a CLEAR picture of the IMAGE! and the right size you want it too

Aw, good luck. I hope it goes really well. Try and enjoy the experience and anticipate walking out the parlour and wanting another one done almost immediately, they're so addictive!!

I'm booked in for next Wednesday. I'm getting the MJ symbol lower back with realistic looking butterflies :wub: and freehand patterns like this

l_09f24a23ad3f4ba4a7c276790a69f1-1.jpg

But it's going to be horrizontal and ONLY lower back, nothing as extravagant as that! :bugeyed

Aw, good luck. I hope it goes really well. Try and enjoy the experience and anticipate walking out the parlour and wanting another one done almost immediately, they're so addictive!!

I'm booked in for next Wednesday. I'm getting the MJ symbol lower back with realistic looking butterflies :wub: and freehand patterns like this

But it's going to be horrizontal and ONLY lower back, nothing as extravagant as that! :bugeyed

Wow! It's beautiful!
btw, I LOVE your siggy!!!

Wow, I love that!

Wow! It's beautiful!
btw, I LOVE your siggy!!!

Thank you for both comments. Broken_Trusts created the sig and avvy. Not sure if he posts here. He makes beautiful sigs :wub:

Wow, I love that!

Thank you :happy: The artist who did that picture is doing my tattoo. I hope it turns out well:angel: Apparently it'll take up to to 5 hours to do.... I'm VERY excited but also very nervous as I haven't seen what he's drawn up yet.

Thank you :happy: The artist who did that picture is doing my tattoo. I hope it turns out well:angel: Apparently it'll take up to to 5 hours to do.... I'm VERY excited but also very nervous as I haven't seen what he's drawn up yet.

I hope you will posts some pics of your tattoo ^^ Would LOVE to see it.

I hope you will posts some pics of your tattoo ^^ Would LOVE to see it.

Well, if everything goes to plan i.e. if my tattooist is a mind reader and can create something that I've got in mind then I'll have something that I can be proud of and I'll definitely take pics :lol: fingers crossed. I'm hoping one of my friends will come with me so they can take pics and maybe film it... but since it's a mid week it's unlikely since everyone is working :(

(apologies to the original poster for taking over their thread, sorry :blush:)

I'm thinking about getting a variation on the famous feet shot...not sure yet.

Well, if everything goes to plan i.e. if my tattooist is a mind reader and can create something that I've got in mind then I'll have something that I can be proud of and I'll definitely take pics :lol: fingers crossed. I'm hoping one of my friends will come with me so they can take pics and maybe film it... but since it's a mid week it's unlikely since everyone is working :(

(apologies to the original poster for taking over their thread, sorry :blush:)

Cannot wait :D

I've decided on this design for my tattoo :D

PossibleMichaelJacksonTattoo.jpg

I'll also have 29.08.1958-25.06.2009 underneath it as well :)

smellyjw i saw you at the Vigil on the 13th of July...as i saw the tattoos of two people and i loved them because i was planning to get a history logo on my wrist too.I have mine booked for next week..forgot my ID the first time :/ anyway i hope it looks as good as your's

I got the MJ symbol with crown on my ankle for my bday.
I may get another one in the future. I really want a peter pan tattoo now, maybe on my back? I think it would be cute :)

Back