Help with what Randy means?

Not sure what that was all about... to me it looked like Randy put his arm out but didn't see MJ walking towards him so he ended up hitting him in the chest. I don't think it was intentional.

nah it was a bit more to it did that. randy says "michael stop"
well it sounds like he did. Im not sure what opp means, it might be sex related but im not sure. However I do know that the rap group who sampled ABC had a song call "opp".

The ppl look like they had so much fun. To bad I wasn't a fan then. I coulda made it to MSG. That was the last time michael performed. *sigh* and I missed it. UGHHHH!

I dunno. I watched it again. it didnt seem like anything intentional. **shrug**

yeah just google it. its a dirty sex term. That's why michael went to randy. We all know michael don't teach that kinda message.

GO michael!

OPP means "Other People Property" and yes it was meant as a dirty term with the rap group Naughty by Nature. I believe that's why Michael looked at him like that lol

It looks like it was a "staged" disagreement. They used to do that a lot in the Jackson 5 days; one brother would sing the wrong lyrics on purpose and the others would act upset.

Well if you listen to the song OPP by naughty by nature(it was a huge hit) it samples the beat of ABC by the Jackson Five so I guess that's why Randy chose to say that. IDK why he said it but umgabri2 may be on to something with saying it was part of the act.

I have that on videotape, Jackie starts laughing when Randy starts singing "OPP". That was a real popular song at the time. I knew what Randy was talking about because I was around when Naughty By Nature was popular. I thought Jermaine would get upset instead of Mike, lol. Randy sticks his arm out to stop Mike, it's not an accident.

It looks like it was a "staged" disagreement. They used to do that a lot in the Jackson 5 days; one brother would sing the wrong lyrics on purpose and the others would act upset.

I aggree, it was a staged thing. Watching the bothers perform in the Jackson 5 and jacksons years this was a common thing they did in their acts..

It sounds like Randy said the "opp" thing twice, then Michael was walking over to him and he looked upset then Randy put his hand out and it sounded like he said "Michael come on"(like he was telling Michael to not get upset). That's what it sounded like to me anyway.

lol clearly staged! jacksons never left anything too spotaneous everything was meticulously practiced! i think they;re giving a nod to the sampled song.

Ya'll got sum good ears I don't hear Randu tellin Mike nuthin', I just see him push him. ha ha Mike got punked by his little brother.

And didn't Katherine look so proud to see all her boys up on stage. :)

Does anyone have footage of this?

:(
to me it looked like he meant to push him
you can see from the start he's jealous, trying to get in front of them & doing all the "Michael moves"
oh dear Michael, even your own brother didn't give you a break !!

one question though
why were there 6 of them?

because the jackson 5 were originally jackie, tito, jermaine, marlon and michael. they decided to leave motown but jermaine was now married to hazel gordy, berry's daughter, so he stayed with motown and the other 4 left, randy then joined and they became the jacksons.

it was staged, they would not have a domestic on stage, everything was rehearsed.

why were there 6 of them?
On the 'Victory' album, there were 6. All 6 was supposed to tour, but Jackie got hurt, so couldn't. He did come on stage a couple of times. All six bothers were in the group, even during the Jackson 5 days. Randy wasn't officially in the group (just like Johnny Jackson and Ronnie Rancifer weren't), but he often performed with them in concert and on TV shows.

because the jackson 5 were originally jackie, tito, jermaine, marlon and michael. they decided to leave motown but jermaine was now married to hazel gordy, berry's daughter, so he stayed with motown and the other 4 left, randy then joined and they became the jacksons.

On the 'Victory' album, there were 6. All 6 was supposed to tour, but Jackie got hurt, so couldn't. He did come on stage a couple of times. All six bothers were in the group, even during the Jackson 5 days. Randy wasn't officially in the group (just like Johnny Jackson and Ronnie Rancifer weren't), but he often performed with them in concert and on TV shows.

Thanks guys
i am a fan only of Michael's :) so didn't know a lot about their history
i was born in 82

it was staged, they would not have a domestic on stage, everything was rehearsed.

i really wish it was, coz seeing that specially after his death makes me burst into tears
for me it'd be a bad thing if it was staged but worst if not
but didn't Randy think it'd make people mad at him? after all Michael was the man :)

yeah just google it. its a dirty sex term. That's why michael went to randy. We all know michael don't teach that kinda message.

GO michael!
I did as well. It looked like Michael was about to sing, while Randy was yelling. And yes, it has a sexual meaning behind it. Just makes me feel wierd seeing Michael angry.

:no:

OPP has two meaning in a song record by trech. it means Other Peoples PU%%Y and in the clean version of the song it means Other Peoples property

Sorry also I meant to say they used the hook from the jackson's song abc and said who's down with opp.

Well if you listen to the song OPP by naughty by nature(it was a huge hit) it samples the beat of ABC by the Jackson Five so I guess that's why Randy chose to say that. IDK why he said it but umgabri2 may be on to something with saying it was part of the act.

I remember that song!!!

Yes you're right they always used to stage disagreements back in the day as part of there act - so they did it in this performance for the people that new the Jackson 5/Jacksons back then. Love it - wish I could have been there back then! :)

the only reason randy mentioned opp is because they sampled abc. not so much the slang term. and michael objected because it didn't have a place in their performance.

i'm still undecided if it were staged because i don't think it really fit in with the act. but who knows! :)

Part of the performance, guys.
Rap group Naughty By Nature used the ABC sample in their 1992 song OPP.

Randy was just being cute & Michael acted shocked & surprised (as planned).
Good ol' Jacksons-style stage performance.
We'll never have that again. :sad:

John Lucas

Back