Which of Michael's siblings was he closest to?

I thought it was Marlon, since they're just about the same age.

Yeah, I thought he was closest to Marlon because there's only like a year between them.

Wrong forum. This belongs in 2300 Jackson St. And Michael was close to both Janet and Randy.

Even though it's been said that Michael and Marlon were the closest, and I think there was a special love they had for each other, there was something undeniable to me at Michael's memorial. There were emotions seen on all the siblings faces, but Janet and Randy appeared the most "numb", for lack of a better word.

For a myriad of reasons, I do believe Randy and Janet have been very integral in various actions taken over the past several years.

jmo

Janet and Tito.

He even named Tito's three sons in his will.

Even though it's been said that Michael and Marlon were the closest, and I think there was a special love they had for each other, there was something undeniable to me at Michael's memorial. There were emotions seen on all the siblings faces, but Janet and Randy appeared the most "numb", for lack of a better word.

For a myriad of reasons, I do believe Randy and Janet have been very integral in various actions taken over the past several years.

jmo

I believe that Michael's closest sibling was Janet. But it could also be true that his closest brother is Randy. I think this because after Tito, Jermaine, Jackie and Marlon married it was Michael, Randy, LaToya and Janet that lived together at Hayvenhurst for much of the 70s until the mid 80s. I think that Michael was very close to LaToya until she married that guy who made her turn against her family.

I think it was different siblings at different stages of his life...when he was younger I would've said Marlon and Randy (Coz of the closeness in age). Also during the Jackson 5 days he would've been pretty close to Jermaine - I think he said several times how he looked up to his older brother.

During his teenage years and early adult years I think he would've been closest to Janet, Randy and La Toya (as they were the only siblings still living at Havenhust). Also from the late 70's to mid 80's he was always hanging around with La Toya (coz they both still hadn't left home yet and shared a connection being the most religiously devout of all the siblings (other than Rebbie). He also seemed to hang around janet alot at that time too..

During the 90's I feel he was consistently busy but seemed closest at this time to Janet and Randy. And after La Toya escaped her abusive relationship they seemed close again (at least they were photographed alot together).

All up I'd say he was closest to Janet, Randy and La Toya (and perhaps Jermaine and Marlon) This is all just specualtion though coz none of us will ever really know.

Was it Michael that gave them name; Tariano, Taryll & Tito? :p
They all starts with T xD
Toriano is Tito's real 1st name, so I guess it came from Katherine & Joe. Tito's middle name is Adaryll, so I guess that's where Taryll comes from.

I think it was different siblings at different stages of his life...when he was younger I would've said Marlon and Randy (Coz of the closeness in age). Also during the Jackson 5 days he would've been pretty close to Jermaine - I think he said several times how he looked up to his older brother.

During his teenage years and early adult years I think he would've been closest to Janet, Randy and La Toya (as they were the only siblings still living at Havenhust). Also from the late 70's to mid 80's he was always hanging around with La Toya (coz they both still hadn't left home yet and shared a connection being the most religiously devout of all the siblings (other than Rebbie). He also seemed to hang around janet alot at that time too..

During the 90's I feel he was consistently busy but seemed closest at this time to Janet and Randy. And after La Toya escaped her abusive relationship they seemed close again (at least they were photographed alot together).

All up I'd say he was closest to Janet, Randy and La Toya (and perhaps Jermaine and Marlon) This is all just specualtion though coz none of us will ever really know.

I agree 100% with this post :yes:

Randy.

Read the TUC booklet, he singled out Randy.

Where can I find this booklet?

The Ultimate Collection Booklet in 2004 where he wrote

Randy Jackson - I am honored to have you as my brother, I love you unconditionally...:better:

Aww. . . that's so sweet. As far as I know, Michael always thanked his parents and sometimes family as a whole in his album thank yous. So him singling out Randy says something.

Well, after reading this. . . I think it's Randy and then Janet.

I would say Janet and Randy. I say Randy especially because throughout whole allegations/trial, Randy was there with Michael more than most of the siblings. All of the siblings were there at some point, but Randy was really there throughout that whole ordeal from what I noticed at that time.

As a kid Michael said he was closest to Jermaine, but I think that closeness may have ended when with Michael huge solo success with Off The Wall. But I think from the false 1993 abuse allegations Jermaine lost any jealousy he had of Michael's success and became very protective of Michael and became close again.

Tito has said Michael and Marlon are a lot closer than people think, and I'm sure they are being just 1yr apart. Michael was always very close to Janet and Randy, and as adults I think Michael remained very close to both of them, though I think Michael may have spent more time with Randy than any of his siblings in later years. Michael also singled out as helping through his 2005 trial and it was Randy who introduced him to Tom Meserau.

This is just my speculation based on what I've heard Michael say. I'd say Michael was closest to Janet, Randy and Jermaine but I'm pretty sure he was very close to all of his brothers and sisters. They have done a pretty good job keeping their family relationships private. Actually anything bad that's happened to Michael, Jackie always seems to look the most upset so I'm sure they were very close.

Reading all of these posts it's pretty obvious that depending on the circumstances he was close to different members of the family at different stages of his life. There were probably some petty arguments between some siblings at certain points in history - they are after all only human and you have that in any family. But when all is said and done it's safe to say that Michael loved all of his brothers and sisters and that all of them loved him.

Realistically, it has and will always be Janet. She's really the only one he cared about from start to finish.

Reading all of these posts it's pretty obvious that depending on the circumstances he was close to different members of the family at different stages of his life. There were probably some petty arguments between some siblings at certain points in history - they are after all only human and you have that in any family. But when all is said and done it's safe to say that Michael loved all of his brothers and sisters and that all of them loved him.

:clapping:

I always thought Janet & Jermaine, Janet for sure. They were so cute together. I read in the Moonwalker book, Michael was closest with Jermaine.

I agree that in various stages in his life its probably been different siblings though I would say the one constant would be Janet, the share experiences in being famous ( not to say the other brothers dont but Janet knows the industry better).

Have to say though, Marlon really cut me up at the memorial, there perhaps was a strong relationship there that the public didnt see, his speech was incredibly sincere and heartfelt.

Back