Akon releases Tribute to MJ - Cry Out For Joy

I am so NOT an Akon fan. I actually didn't like that MJ chose to work with these "fly by night" popular producers of the day. I mean he had no choice really, he had to make his music appealing to the younger generation of listeners. But honestly, I had always hoped he'd be able to find a happy medium, just getting with one quality producer and working with him (or her) to get a really great sounding album like he did with Quincy and Teddy Riley.

:48 seconds into it and I had to shut that down. That is probably THE most annoying voice I've ever heard in my life. I mean yay for the tribute and all, but I can't listen to it.. I think my ears might fall off or something.

Thank you for posting 2300jacksonst. :)

I wouldn't call myself a fan of Akon's, but I would listen to his songs when they are played on the radio. However, I absolutely love the 'Hold My Hand' song he did with Michael. I thought that was such a beautiful song and very poigant.

Akon and Michael became friends, as well as, colleagues and this is Akon's tribute for his friend. Akon was on GMA or the Today show the day before the Memorial talking about his work with Michael and he definitely got emotional and teared a bit during the interview. I could tell that Michael was an important person to him.

IDK. . . when I saw men like Teddy Riley, Will.I.Am, Akon, Usher get emotional over talking about Michael during public interviews, it tells me how much Michael meant to these guys because I sort of think of those guys as sort of macho and tough. They weren't afraid to show the world their grief.

I like Akon's tribute to Michael.

He obviously means well. He knew Michael and had a friendship with him.
I just don't like Akon's singing voice though, and don't know why it sounds so different to his speaking voice?! Also not a great song.

I'm sorry but that is terrible,utter trash.Release a tribute song to the greatest singer ever and use autotune? seriously?

Dreadfull singing
Dreadfull lyrics
dreadfull full stop.

It's a tribute song with Akon wanting to express his love to Michael to the world through a song he wrote.

You may like it or hate it, but I don't think we should bash Akon for this song. I thank him. He was also a friend to Michael and never spoke badly of him.

I actually like it. I dont know why some dont like it. but its a tribute and we should be appriciative to anyone who does a tribute. just cuz we dont like the singer doesnt mean that he doesnt have a good heart. its my opinion...i dont know how many will agree with it, but its really disrespactful to say its trash or useless or what ever words used to say its not good enough. Its from his heart and thats what we should see not that we dont like Akon.

sry. if am out of line but thats how i feel.

Tnx yall

Love,
Romi

I actually like it. I dont know why some dont like it. but its a tribute and we should be appriciative to anyone who does a tribute. just cuz we dont like the singer doesnt mean that he doesnt have a good heart. its my opinion...i dont know how many will agree with it, but its really disrespactful to say its trash or useless or what ever words used to say its not good enough. Its from his heart and thats what we should see not that we dont like Akon.

I totally agree.

I'm sorry but that is terrible,utter trash.Release a tribute song to the greatest singer ever and use autotune? seriously?

Dreadfull singing
Dreadfull lyrics
dreadfull full stop.

did you hear the lyrics? at all? I don't know what u heard but it was the truth, asking the media to tell the truth.

"I wish they witnessed how a wonderful dad you were to all your kids",

"IN this life time I wanna thank you, for showing me the man in the mirror"

"IN this life time I wanna thank you, You motivated the whole world to deliver"

"one word for the media, please help the ppl. see the love, stop this garbage you're feeding us, show him for who he really was."

"remember there was more to come, remember he's the chosen one, remember him for what he's done."

Now if this is not from the heart and soul...and great tribute to a friend, i dont know what is.:mello:

Tnx yall

Love,
Romi

You are not out of line
I totally agree with you
the lyrics are awesome

I love the piano in the beginning and in the end, kind of like Hold My Hand. I think its a good song. I respect Akon. I know alot of fans disrespect him, but what did he ever do wrong? I thank him for this song and the kind words he used to describe Michael.

The song in itself...errm, not that good. But the lyrics are great. Respect.

Well I like it. It's one of the best tributes I've heard. The lyrics are amazing and he doesn't sound bad on this track, IMO. The drums are bad ass!

Akons heart is in the right place and too be honest he needs to be thanked
I don't care how badly people think he sings, too me how he has shown respect and loyalty to Michael that has been true and for that I thank him...
I only hope we can some day here what amazing songs they were working on....

Akon may not be some peoples first choice, he isnt always mine I know but give the man some love !

did you hear the lyrics? at all? I don't know what u heard but it was the truth, asking the media to tell the truth.

"I wish they witnessed how a wonderful dad you were to all your kids",

"IN this life time I wanna thank you, for showing me the man in the mirror"

"IN this life time I wanna thank you, You motivated the whole world to deliver"

"one word for the media, please help the ppl. see the love, stop this garbage you're feeding us, show him for who he really was."

"remember there was more to come, remember he's the chosen one, remember him for what he's done."

Now if this is not from the heart and soul...and great tribute to a friend, i dont know what is.:mello:

Yeah, the lyrics are beautiful!

People, how can you be sooo mean????!!!! Akon LOVES Michael! He's always been saying good things about Him. He bashed MANY reporters who had disrespected MJ. No one ever did that to Him. The song is beautiful. STOP bashing Akon.

I haven't listened yet and probably wouldn't for a couple of days. As grating as his voice is, Akon has a tendency to write some great lyrics, so I'm sure at least the lyrics are good.

this is a guy mj CHOSE to work w/. obviously liked his voice or he would've have. obviously liked the man or again, he wouldn't have and instead of appreciating his words, people are bashing.

yet u ask where this celeb is and what this celeb said. this dude got into a studio and made a song for his friend and idol.

this is a guy mj CHOSE to work w/. obviously liked his voice or he would've have. obviously liked the man or again, he wouldn't have and instead of appreciating his words, people are bashing.

yet u ask where this celeb is and what this celeb said. this dude got into a studio and made a song for his friend and idol.

So true...thank you. Stop bashing this guy...he WAS MJ's friend.

Back