"MJ was a person who was seeking help, desperately, to get some sleep, to get some rest."

Victoria

Proud Member
Friends,

I found this interview online today, with the nurse Cherilyn Lee, where she openly talks of conversations she had with Michael and give us a better idea of his inner struggles and what he was dealing with. If some of you haven’t read it already, I encourage you to.
Certainly part of the media it’s trying to picture MJ as a drug addict but he was in fact trying to sleep not to escape…

Insomniac Michael Jackson begged for sedative

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/peo...begged-for-sedative-20090701-d47c.html?page=1

Michael Jackson was so distraught over persistent insomnia in recent months that he pleaded for a powerful sedative despite warnings it could be harmful, says a nutritionist who was working with the singer as he prepared his comeback bid.

Cherilyn Lee, a registered nurse whose specialty includes nutritional counselling, said on Tuesday that she repeatedly rejected his demands for the drug, Diprivan, which is given intravenously.

But a frantic phone call she received from Jackson four days before his death made her fear that he somehow obtained Diprivan or another drug to induce sleep, Lee said.

While in Florida on June 21, Lee was contacted by a member of Jackson's staff.

"He called and was very frantic and said, 'Michael needs to see you right away.' I said, 'What's wrong?' And I could hear Michael in the background ..., 'One side of my body is hot, it's hot, and one side of my body is cold. It's very cold,"' Lee said.

"I said, 'Tell him he needs to go the hospital. I don't know what's going on, but he needs to go to the hospital ... right away.'

"At that point I knew that somebody had given him something that hit the central nervous system," she said, adding, "He was in trouble Sunday and he was crying out."

Jackson did not go to the hospital. He died June 25 after suffering cardiac arrest, his family said. Autopsies have been conducted, but an official cause of death is not expected for several weeks.

"I don't know what happened there. The only thing I can say is he was adamant about this drug," Lee said.

Following Jackson's death, allegations emerged that the 50-year-old King of Pop had been consuming painkillers, sedatives and antidepressants. But Lee said she encountered a man tortured by sleep deprivation and one who expressed opposition to recreational drug use.

"He wasn't looking to get high or feel good and sedated from drugs," she said. "This was a person who was not on drugs. This was a person who was seeking help, desperately, to get some sleep, to get some rest."

Jackson was rehearsing hard for what would have been his big comeback - his This Is It tour, a series of performances that would have strained his aging dancer's body. Also, pain had been a part of his life since 1984, when his scalp was severely burned during a Pepsi commercial shoot.

Several months ago, Jackson had begun badgering Lee about Diprivan, also known as Propofol, Lee said. It is an intravenous anaesthetic drug widely used in operating rooms to induce unconsciousness. It is generally given through an IV needle in the hand.

Patients given Propofol take less time to regain consciousness than those administered certain other drugs, and they report waking up more clear-headed and refreshed, said University of Chicago psychopharmacologist James Zacny.

It has also been implicated in drug abuse, with people using it to "chill out" or to commit suicide, Zacny said. Accidental deaths linked to abuse have been reported. The powerful drug has a very narrow therapeutic window, meaning it doesn't take doses much larger than the medically recommended amount to stop a person's breathing.

An overdose that stops breathing can result in a buildup of carbon dioxide, causing the heart to beat erratically and leading to cardiac arrest, said Dr John Dombrowski, a member of the board of directors of the American Society of Anesthesiologists.

Because it is given intravenously and is not the kind of prescription drug typically available from pharmacists, abuse cases have involved anesthesiologists, nurses and other hospital staffers with easy access to the drug, Zacny said.

In recent months, Lee said, Jackson waved away her warnings about it.

"I had an IV and when it hit my vein, I was sleeping. That's what I want," Lee said Jackson told her.

"I said, 'Michael, the only problem with you taking this medication' - and I had a chill in my body and tears in my eyes three months ago - 'the only problem is you're going to take it and you're not going to wake up," she recalled.

According to Lee, Jackson said it had been given to him before but he didn't want to discuss the circumstances or identify the doctor involved.

The singer also drew his own distinctions when it came to drugs versus prescription medicine.

"He said, 'I don't like drugs. I don't want any drugs. My doctor told me this is a safe medicine,"' Lee said. The next day, she said she brought a copy of the Physician's Desk Reference to show him the section on Diprivan.

"He said, 'No, my doctor said it's safe. It works quick and it's safe as long as somebody's here to monitor me and wake me up. It's going to be OK,"' Lee said. She said he did not give the doctor's name.

Lee said at one point, she spent the night with Jackson to monitor him while he slept. She said she gave him herbal remedies and stayed in a corner chair in his vast bedroom.

After he settled in bed, Lee told Jackson to turn down the lights and music - he had classical music playing in the house. "He also had a computer on the bed because he loved Walt Disney," she said. "He was watching Donald Duck and it was ongoing. I said, 'Maybe if we put on softer music,' and he said, 'No, this is how I go to sleep."'

Three and a half hours later, Jackson jumped up and looked at Lee, eyes wide open, according to Lee. "This is what happens to me," she quoted him as saying. "All I want is to be able to sleep. I want to be able to sleep eight hours. I know I'll feel better the next day."

Lee, 56, is licensed as a registered nurse and nurse practitioner in California, according to the state Board of Registered Nursing's Web site. She attended Los Angeles Southwest College and the Charles Drew University of Medicine and Sciences in Los Angeles.

Comedian Dick Gregory, who knows Lee and her work, said he believes Jackson's insomnia had its roots in the pop star's 2005 trial on child molestation charges. Jackson's health had deteriorated so much that his parents called Gregory, a natural foods proponent, for help.

Gregory said Jackson wasn't eating or drinking at the time, and after he was persuaded by Gregory to undergo testing, ended up hospitalised for severe dehydration.

But Jackson obviously was healthy enough to withstand the level of medical scrutiny needed to insure him for the upcoming high-stakes London concerts, Gregory said. "That you don't trick," he said of the exams.

AP

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/peo...begged-for-sedative-20090701-d47c.html?page=1

Last edited:
Re: "MJ was a person who was seeking help, desperately, to get some sleep, to get some rest."

It seems like I've read this some where on this board. But thanks again

Re: "MJ was a person who was seeking help, desperately, to get some sleep, to get some rest."

wow,if only he knew

If what she's saying is true, then she must know the MJ staff member who made this frantic phone call on the Sunday that she talks about. And whoever that person is needs to be speaking to the authorities.

People close to Michael must know something. Dileo, MJs security, there has to be people other than Murray who have information that can shed light.

If what she's saying is true, then she must know the MJ staff member who made this frantic phone call on the Sunday that she talks about. And whoever that person is needs to be speaking to the authorities.

People close to Michael must know something. Dileo, MJs security, there has to be people other than Murray who have information that can shed light.

and most of them are waiting for the coroner's report and results of the ongoing investigation:angel:
if necessary they will come forward
one cant change the past
the future is our hands

Once the tox results are out, I think the investigation will go into overdrive. I have a feeling the LAPD know more about cause of death than is being let on, hence the raid on Murrays clinic and I believe this nurse has been questioned already from something I read end of the week.

When it all becomes official, I think we can expect a lot of MJs circle to be questioned.

I saw it in the paper a few weeks ago... seems the press are now regurgitating their stories and clumping them together.... they have obviousl run out of things to say !!

That's really sad to read. I remember reading that a few days after. I think I'd be able to accept that more than knowing people actively sought to kill him. It all sucks, I wish we could go back in time and someone could do something to stop this! I know there's patient confidentiality and all that, but surely in this severe a case, someone such as the person in this article could have spoken out. Fuck the shows etc, that's the most unimportant thing and shouldn't have been considered at all in the decision. Three kids lost their father, parents lost their child and many lost a brother, uncle etc. This all seems so senseless. I wish we could have helped Michael. I just wish, so bad.

This is what I believe
I dont believe Michael was intentionally murdered. It was from a
negligent careless act on the Drs part _ he didnt monitor Mj properly
when he was under and he should have found a safer better way to
help MJ with his insomnia _ His carelessness caused Mjs death (cry)

Michael just wanted to sleep :(
and what ever medication he did take was to aliviate physical pain and mental anguish.
I dont think he abused it as much as the media is reporting and if he was dependent
on pain killers _ it doesnt matter to me _ He never stopped loving and giving of himself.
Michael still was the most loving, kind generous and talented MAN to ever grace our planet
and His love and generosity far outway any shortcomings people percived he had only Makes
me Love him more _

I am so proud of Michael for all his great accomplishments and for his beautiful loving spirit

Last edited:

I wish he had taken the warning more seriously...

so sleep is at the heart of Michael's death. All he wanted to do is get some rest. So sad.
Jc, etc have alot to answer for.

But Jackson obviously was healthy enough to withstand the level of medical scrutiny needed to insure him for the upcoming high-stakes London concerts, Gregory said. "That you don't trick," he said of the exams.

hmmmm.....

I have questions about this woman. She was very quick to the media. She wouldn't divulge who introduced her to Michael. I am wondering if it was actually Murray since she did not want to say. And then why would Michael ring her some time down the line if he was having some problems. Was she working with Murray? Was she out straight away trying to state that Michael begged for Dipravan, to kind of take the foucs off of Murray. I just think she ain't telling the whole story here regardless. And interesting that the coroner went to her office last week as well with a search warrant.

this story makes the most sense out of everything I have read, we'll see...

this story does make a lot of sense. However, with the way the press works nowadays, we know all too well that the truth may never come out. But at least this gives an explanation that seems consistent. Thanks for sharing.

Well it seemed like the LAPD didn't go looking for diprivan/propofal in the house until she came forward and said he asked her for it. If I remember correctly after she spoke up is when we saw detectives do another search and come out of the house with those bags. She's one of the only people that comes across as credible to me for some reason.

Again I ask, why did Michael have to call her clear across the country for help that day? What the heck were all those people around him 24 hours a day doing? besides being incompetent. -_-

Why did MJ have to ask Nurse Cherylynn for Diprivan when Murray was (supposedly) supplying it?

She said that Michael called franticlly on father's days saying that a side of his body was hot and he had asked previously for diprivan, why would he ask her when Murray was already supplying it (diprivan) to him? Was'nt Murray employed by MJ since May of this year. Why call her to get what he already was supposedly getting a supply of ?

Once the tox results are out, I think the investigation will go into overdrive. I have a feeling the LAPD know more about cause of death than is being let on, hence the raid on Murrays clinic and I believe this nurse has been questioned already from something I read end of the week.

When it all becomes official, I think we can expect a lot of MJs circle to be questioned.

I have a feeling that the police knows more than we think too. Hopefully they will make public what it's going on with the facts really soon, and many people will be brought to the public view and the truth will be shown and facts will come to light...:angel:

Re: Why did MJ have to ask Nurse Cherylynn for Diprivan when Murray was (supposedly) supplying it?

noone said murray was supplying it and they havent even proved he adminstered it (although probably did). he suppsoedly used different avenues and different names to get propofol. nothing fishy here.

I saw it in the paper a few weeks ago... seems the press are now regurgitating their stories and clumping them together.... they have obviousl run out of things to say !!

I apologize if this post was previously posted on the board. Unfortunately I missed it and I thought it was new.

That's really sad to read. I remember reading that a few days after. I think I'd be able to accept that more than knowing people actively sought to kill him. It all sucks, I wish we could go back in time and someone could do something to stop this! I know there's patient confidentiality and all that, but surely in this severe a case, someone such as the person in this article could have spoken out. Fuck the shows etc, that's the most unimportant thing and shouldn't have been considered at all in the decision. Three kids lost their father, parents lost their child and many lost a brother, uncle etc. This all seems so senseless. I wish we could have helped Michael. I just wish, so bad.

StaceyMJ, I feel the way you do. Everyday I think that I wish I could have helped him. I know I could if I had access to him and using the proper correct medical knowledge. I know that thousands of fans feels the same way about him now. Many doctors, nurses, friends, lawyers, family and everybody who admired him in some way or another, would have loved to give him help if they knew he was in despair and need of care. Now what really bothers me A LOTit's that those who were suppose to be at care of him, didn't do ANYTHING TO HELP HIM!!! Not Dr Murray, Not Dr Klein, Not the nurse herself, Not the people from his house, not people from AEG pressuring him to gain money for them, not his bodyguards, not his employers....nobody helped Michael Jackson when he needed the most...it breaks my heart so badly! It makes me cry when I go to sleep...it makes me really sad and it makes me angry too!!!!!The concerts were not important. HE WAS!!!!!!!!!!
It's revolting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-( It's beyond words and I can't even say it... :(
God will take care of him now, because none of those surrouding him could...:angel:

Last edited:
Re: Why did MJ have to ask Nurse Cherylynn for Diprivan when Murray was (supposedly) supplying it?

they're not saying murray got the diprovan. i think he used another dr....but maybe he was looking for another avenue. i got meds from one dr. maybe i can get the same meds from another so i have more.

She said that Michael called franticlly on father's days saying that a side of his body was hot and he had asked previously for diprivan, why would he ask her when Murray was already supplying it (diprivan) to him? Was'nt Murray employed by MJ since May of this year. Why call her to get what he already was supposedly getting a supply of ?

this is what i really dont get either

did murray take some persuading?? did he only give in after this date (that MJ phoned Lee?)

hmmmmm

And to add to this on MSNBC this morning, a reporter who spoke at length with Ms. Lee said all the blood work she did with MJ in April showed no signs of drugs abuse, so this whole Diprivan thing must've started right after that.

For me I keep asking myself, was MJ so desperate for sleep that he would throw caution to the wind and allow something so dangerous to be administered to him? And for the idiot who advised him that he could use this! OMG.....this is still all so unbelievable, Michael jackson did NOT HAVE TO DIE!!!!!!

And to add to this on MSNBC this morning, a reporter who spoke at length with Ms. Lee said all the blood work she did with MJ in April showed no signs of drugs abuse, so this whole Diprivan thing must've started right after that.

For me I keep asking myself, was MJ so desperate for sleep that he would throw caution to the wind and allow something so dangerous to be administered to him? And for the idiot who advised him that he could use this! OMG.....this is still all so unbelievable, Michael jackson did NOT HAVE TO DIE!!!!!!

no he didnt..MJ was medically "mismanaged" this is why this tragedy happened...
he was no addict..
he was not hooked on sedatives...

those who are involved in "mismanaging" are now sitting and waiting....they know what went wrong...

basically alot will depend on what the toxicology report says. a lot of the investigation i think hinges on that. if they are explosive as people claim they will be, then the story will go into overdrive and make everything that has come before look like a murmur.

i have only one problem with this story-why Michael die in the morning?if you gave him a strong sleeping drug why he didn't die during the night?

no he didnt..MJ was medically "mismanaged" this is why this tragedy happened...
he was no addict..
he was not hooked on sedatives...

those who are involved in "mismanaging" are now sitting and waiting....they know what went wrong...

i totally agree with you:Michael was not an addict!and if someone really gave such a powerfull drug to him i'm sure Michael didn't know the riscs!he wouldn't risc leaving his kids alone!I really hope the results will not show any sleeping drug in his blood because that will mean he should be alive!i want to believe that the effort was just to much for his heart and this was God will!

I refuse to believe he was a prescription junkie, I believe that the doctors were feeding him those prescription meds without any concern of what they would do to him nor the fact that they had addictive properties - infact they probably knew he'd develop an addiction to them since they did the job and they probably assured him they were the best meds he could take so that he'd keep lining their pockets every time he went to their clinics. And whether he was still taking them later on in moderation for his ailments or whether he was clean off them and taking something else I dunno, but I bet you that whoever assured him that Diprivan was harmless and that he could use it as a sleep remedy was just as guilty as the ones who made him think those prescription meds he was on before were harmless and was only thinking of lining their pockets with his money.

so many articles have broken out by now but this remains one of the more accurate ones. mike was either lying about the "doctor" who told him propofol was ok or he's talking about klein. :\

You have and so has everyone else. More Trolling, these Murderers have to keep their THEORY going, this APE Cherylnn is on their Pay-Off too. I mean if someone comes forward tonite or tomorrow and say "I was given Michael Jackson Demerol Enemas" then it would be I knew I knew it thats why he was so small, Michael Jackson may have had a problem sleeping years ago or even months ago while sitting around with nothing to do before he started rehearsing, but Im not falling for those LIES either because he did not have INSOMIA or nothing else except people creating stories that are 100% Lies to continue to coverup Michael Jackson's Murder, this APE was hired before his Murder to step on the news scence and introduce a drug that takes less than 60 seconds to put someone under almost mistake prone "Impossible" but she was hired to do a job mislead people from the Truth Murder and direct people to Popofol which they want find anyway because they didnt use Dipivan, they used Succinylcholine and just left the bottles to mislead and distract, just like in Swordfish your're not seeing what you really are seeing, they're good but not that good to fool everyone, because if they where that good it wouldnt have taken them this long to do what they did. So who knows before this is over they will pull someone else out to say Michael was doing this Michael was doing that so the media and their internet trolls can continue their work. Like I said they are "Jackel Clowns" now, and after Anderson Cooper shut that Ape Cherylnn Mouth you would think that would have been enough, but Murderers are just Persistant in keeping their Crime Cover-Up as they are in Caring It Out. Michael Jackson didnt have a Problem Sleeping but I sure which he would come and sit on the bed of all his Liars everynite and keep them up or maybe just walk the halls of their homes because he cant sleep for sure now.

Last edited:
Back