MJ Tribute Painting - 'Music & Me'

*MakeThatChange*

Proud Member
Hi guys, I've just finished my latest painting - very much inspired by Bircheys 'Music & Me' remix.

jimhance-michaeljackson_inset.jpg

I'd love your feedback - thank you!

Absolutely amazing painting!
(Is it oil or acrylic BTW?)

Your craft for the details and shadows are second to none - There's nothing that impresses me more than people that are amazing in what they do... no matter if it's paintings, music or flipping burgers.

I keep telling y'all, we got some talent on this forum. Unfortunately the most of them are hiding.

Wow, thanks so much guys :)

I absolutely love to paint, it's extremely relaxing for me (even though I'll start a painting and not stop until it's finished, 8, 9, 10 hours sometimes!)

The painting is acrylic on wooden board, mounted on a wooden frame. I much prefer acrylics as the drying time is minutes, rather than the hours that oils often take.

All of my art lives here: http://www.artbreak.com/StrangelyDrawn

The Michael painting and info is here: http://www.artbreak.com/work/show/213034-music-me-michael-jackson-strangelydrawn

I'm not sure of the rules about posting links to this sort of thing - please forgive me if I've broken any and I'm more than happy to remove / edit the post :)

Thanks again for your kind words!

THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!1 i love the idea of older michael showing his affection to younger michael. wonderful. and music and me really gets to me. music was michaels one true love, the only ONLY 'person' he could rely on.

Man... for real... Who are you?
It's like... Who does this?
http://www.artbreak.com/work/show/116074-the-gentle-sith-ii-darth-vader-star-wars-strangelydrawn

I'm absolutely stunned by your work.
What do you do with it, do you keep it or sell it?

I used to look after Burton Morris, Kaws & Takashi Murakami... but you just pushed Burton Morris out of my Top3.

I am in awe of your work. I like all of them but the MJ and Heath Ledger stand out the most to me!!

You guys are too much!! The painting is for sale - half of the proceeds will go to the UK children's charity 'Children in Need'. I'd been meaning to paint an MJ portrait but just couldn't seem to find something hadn't already been done, and that would mean a lot to me - and would be something that would touch fellow fans. I came across Birchey's remix ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJEpEtRNZTI&feature=PlayList&p=7FE6F87C42C6376D&index=32 ) via this forum and was immediately inspired to pull together an image of the boy with the man. I photoshopped the image initially, then sketched it on canvas and painted it. The whole process took around 9 hours, I guess.

I'm fortunate enough to make my living through art. Altho I do find myself struggling to pay the bills at times, it's my passion, and I'm extremely thankful to the folk that appreciate what I do :)

I'm working on another tribute - will post my sketches here as I go along. Your feedback as genuine fans and friends is invaluable. Thank you so much :)

Oh boy... I love that painting!! It's stunning!

I just bought some acrylics but haven't painted anything in 20 years (it was never my strong point - I'm better with a pencil!) so please pass on some tips to me!

Oh boy... I love that painting!! It's stunning!

I just bought some acrylics but haven't painted anything in 20 years (it was never my strong point - I'm better with a pencil!) so please pass on some tips to me!

oh, absolutely!! start with pencil sketches, add larger blocks of color with a fair amount of water, start defining the shapes and colors with a smaller brush as you go along, then final smaller details with a finer brush. It's difficult to word that right, hope it makes some sense tho :) - I'd love to help you out!

That is beautiful. You are incredibly talented. I wish I could afford to buy it myself! :)

oh, absolutely!! start with pencil sketches, add larger blocks of color with a fair amount of water, start defining the shapes and colors with a smaller brush as you go along, then final smaller details with a finer brush. It's difficult to word that right, hope it makes some sense tho :) - I'd love to help you out!

Thanks. :D I had a quick go a couple of nights ago on paper but the paper curled & the paint pooled so I guess I need some different paper too!

That is beautiful. You are incredibly talented. I wish I could afford to buy it myself! :)

Thanks so much! I wish I could afford to not charge for them, too :)

bowen9999 - try picking up some wood board from your local hardware store. grab some gesso from Michaels or any art supply store (it's a chalky white paint that'll make the surface perfect for sketching / painting on), give it a couple of coats of that, then sketch and paint away , my friend :)

Oh my goodness your painting of Michael is beautiful!
You are so very very talented.
When and where will you be autioning it? Love the idea of half the money going to charity.
Michael would be very proud of you using your talent in this way.
Really looking forward to seeing more of your work.My boys would love that Darth Vader one!

out of interest why did u paint little michael's skin so much more blotchy and orange? was it the photo u used?

Just wow. :bugeyed I'm speechless. It's so beautiful. I would definitely put that on my wall. :yes:

Oh my goodness your painting of Michael is beautiful!
You are so very very talented.
When and where will you be autioning it? Love the idea of half the money going to charity.
Michael would be very proud of you using your talent in this way.
Really looking forward to seeing more of your work.My boys would love that Darth Vader one!

Thank you!!

There's no auction, it's a fixed price. I've kept it down as low as possible, but still enough that Children in Need get a fair amount :)

http://www.artbreak.com/work/show/213034-music-me-michael-jackson-strangelydrawn

Back