Toxicology reports, what determines how much will be released to the public?

bgz

Guests
Are there any legal eagles on the board that have any idea what will be reported, what will be held back, and for what reasons.

I think I've asked this in another thread awhile back, don't recall getting a definitive response.

By Calif or US law, must the full tox report be made available to the public?

Can the family/their legal team request for results to be kept private?

If manslaughter/homicide is determined by results, will they be kept private if a trial is deemed warranted?

Personally for me, I'm hoping to gain any insight that may help me better come to terms with everything, and not feel so determined to constantly be looking for answers as to exact cause of death. Obviously everything seems to be pointing to propofol and/or other meds, negligence on Murray's part, etc. For some reason, this waiting week after week for the reports has me on edge and spending way too much time and thought on the matter when I should be legitimately accomplishing other things. I certainly don't want to sound cold or unfeeling, but it feels like life is on hold until something is revealed.

Last edited:
From what I understand, if the cause of death is changed to "Homicide" then the coroner/LAPD will have to make public the cause(s) of death because it then becomes the interest of the people of California (State vs. whomever). The coroner can seal the results if it impedes or otherwise challenges the case/investigation.

I'm not 100% sure on this tho. I'll ask around.

From what I understand, if the cause of death is changed to "Homicide" then the coroner/LAPD will have to make public the cause(s) of death because it then becomes the interest of the people of California (State vs. whomever). The coroner can seal the results if it impedes or otherwise challenges the case/investigation.

I'm not 100% sure on this tho. I'll ask around.

Thanks, Trish. Having no concrete answers is just so difficult, hopefully something will break soon that may actually answer so many questions we all have. But then again, if facts are held back for legal reasons, it's pretty much back to square one.

Last edited:
Are there any legal eagles on the board that have any idea what will be reported, what will be held back, and for what reasons.

I think I've asked this in another thread awhile back, don't recall getting a definitive response.

By Calif or US law, must the full tox report be made available to the public?

Can the family/their legal team request for results to be kept private?

If manslaughter/homicide is determined by results, will they be kept private if a trial is deemed warranted?

Personally for me, I'm hoping to gain any insight that may help me better come to terms with everything, and not feel so determined to constantly be looking for answers as to exact cause of death. Obviously everything seems to be pointing to propofol and/or other meds, negligence on Murray's part, etc. For some reason, this waiting week after week for the reports has me on edge and spending way too much time and thought on the matter when I should be legitimately accomplishing other things. I certainly don't want to sound cold or unfeeling, but the it feels like life is on hold until something is revealed.

prepare for the possibility that you may never get a satisfying answer.

prepare for the possibility that you may never get a satisfying answer.

sadly yeah I am prepared for that. I'm prepared for them to make out Conrad had a bit of a panic and it was an accident, that though I think many people would never believe... this was a planned murder I swear.

and this will be the conspiracy, true or not, theory for all time. what really happened to michael jackson? we may never fully know

I don't know who controls what info gets released to the public, but as an example, Anna Nicole Smith's full autopsy and death investigation report was leaked / released. Maybe it would depend on the wishes of the family? I am not sure.

If it's a one off incident and they get the okay from family (depending on state law) the full report can be released (nothing held back).

If it's an ongoing case where there is a possibility of other victims, then some key pieces of evidence may be held back (for example in the case of a serial killer or serial rapist, some key evidence may be held back to either prevent copy cats mixing up the crime investigation, or just simply to preserve the open case).

man this shit has already been accessed many times. so it'll leak out.

yeah - but if we have to rely on leaks rather than verified reports we're always going to be left with big question marks. maybe we always will be left with these anyways. :(

They have to find what was the cause of death eventually, amd it will be relesed to the public I think.

im pretty sure the full toxicology reports will be released and when it happens it likely will be big news. plus there are so many insiders and leaks happen all the time. its nearly impossible to keep anything secret anymore. people might still cling to their conspiracy theories but im pretty sure the full report will be made public

everything has been leaked..his passport..his birth certificate..his death certificate..his will...
nothing is sacred anymore so if the autopsy report doesnt become downloadable within 48hrs there is something fishy..

myself, disrespectful as sounds, I will be wanting to read it word by word...I am anticipating to see something in it, (4 letters actually 3 letters and 1 number) and I pray to Lord, the coroner was given all info so that those 4 letters will make it into the report..
I am worried..I am concerned...I hope it is going to be over with sooon....and those 4 letters will finally finally let MJ to sleep..

you know, it's what scares me the most...that there will be 20 years past till we'd finally get the plain truth, ...if...
because with the leaking stories and half-truths, speculations etc we could never be certain of the actual truth...that's what worries me, we're talking about Michael, a global icon therefore the sensationalisms are even higher than in the other cases like the Anne Nicole 's. She was known but she didn't get much of a story outside US, apart from death from overdose

one thing i hope that wont leak are the actual photos from the morgue. as marilyn monroe fans know, photos of her dead were obtained and published years after her death. so i hope the same doesnt happen with michael

yeah - but if we have to rely on leaks rather than verified reports we're always going to be left with big question marks. maybe we always will be left with these anyways. :(
naw w/ all the talking heads in HIS family alone, you'll get what u wanna know soon. joe will tell someone and one of his friends will run they mouht. it's bound to happen

It will be leaked just like everything else. As a fan community we need to be prepared for anything and be strong together. I think whatever it says it will be hard to see or hear.

we will never get a definitive answer...

we will get a definite answer...the answere the direct answer is already out there.the report will comfirm that..but if the coroner was given ALL information it will go beyond that..it will vindicate him.
I am optimistic, I am hoping the coroner's report will end the suffering...

the puzzle piece I am waiting for has been missed once...it was ignored for years..it can not happen again...this time around it is going to be different..:angel:

Back