Life insurance might not have been paid...

not surprising more people trying to get money off of Michael......They make me sick!!!!

I also find it interesting that The Sun(so reliable I know!) say at the bottom that 6 in 10 Brits think he was murdered...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2558003/Michael-Jackson-aide-nicked-insurance-cash.html

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong bit... I looked at the top part of this forum and couldn't find a sticky for any tabloid stuff apart from TMZ

Why do they insist on calling Michael out of his name??? That too needs to END! It's so disrespectful.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a168000/judge-rejects-jackson-contract-request.html

A judge has denied a request from Michael Jackson's mother Katherine for access to documents including the late singer's business contracts with concert promoter AEG Live.

The decision by Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff to delay the matter until next Monday has effectively quashed it, The AP reports.

Lawyers for Katherine had also asked for the authority to interview former music executive John McClain and attorney John Branca this Friday and argued that the pair were "intent on keeping her in the dark as much and for as long as possible".

However, Branca and McClain's representatives argued that the requests were "voluminous, burdensome and invasive", while adding that they were unable to reach an agreement with Katherine on the necessary privacy provisions to allow them to share the AEG contracts.

Attorney Howard Weitzman said: "They want to rewrite Michael's will to make Mrs Jackson 'Guardian of the Estate' and have her appointed as an Executor and Trustee of Michael Jackson's Estate.

"In his will, Michael was very specific that his mother act as the Guardian of his children and that Mr Branca and Mr McClain be the Executors of his Will and Trustees of his trust."

L. Londell McMillan responded: "We accept the will, but Mrs Jackson has not accepted both executors and trustees, and the law provides Mrs. Jackson legal recourse for removal of unfit fiduciaries.

"For now, we have three questions: Who drafted the will and where is the trust, what happened between 2002 and 2009 among Michael Jackson and the proposed executors, and why would anyone reject Mrs. Katherine Jackson to continue to serve as a trustee for Michael's most important business activities, especially when the will and/or trust allows them to include her?

"This is quite troubling to us, and we shall get to the bottom of it."

So Branca and McClain produced this will from 2002(like he wouldn't have had a more recent one esp with the 02 gigs coming up and different money situations) and now they deny Katherine... Something funny in that AEG contract?? Also the insurance money won't be much due to 'someone' not paying it.... this all looks like a conspiracy so the family don't get as much as they are entitled to!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a168000/judge-rejects-jackson-contract-request.html

A judge has denied a request from Michael Jackson's mother Katherine for access to documents including the late singer's business contracts with concert promoter AEG Live.

The decision by Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff to delay the matter until next Monday has effectively quashed it, The AP reports.

Lawyers for Katherine had also asked for the authority to interview former music executive John McClain and attorney John Branca this Friday and argued that the pair were "intent on keeping her in the dark as much and for as long as possible".

However, Branca and McClain's representatives argued that the requests were "voluminous, burdensome and invasive", while adding that they were unable to reach an agreement with Katherine on the necessary privacy provisions to allow them to share the AEG contracts.

Attorney Howard Weitzman said: "They want to rewrite Michael's will to make Mrs Jackson 'Guardian of the Estate' and have her appointed as an Executor and Trustee of Michael Jackson's Estate.

"In his will, Michael was very specific that his mother act as the Guardian of his children and that Mr Branca and Mr McClain be the Executors of his Will and Trustees of his trust."

L. Londell McMillan responded: "We accept the will, but Mrs Jackson has not accepted both executors and trustees, and the law provides Mrs. Jackson legal recourse for removal of unfit fiduciaries.

"For now, we have three questions: Who drafted the will and where is the trust, what happened between 2002 and 2009 among Michael Jackson and the proposed executors, and why would anyone reject Mrs. Katherine Jackson to continue to serve as a trustee for Michael's most important business activities, especially when the will and/or trust allows them to include her?

"This is quite troubling to us, and we shall get to the bottom of it."

So Branca and McClain produced this will from 2002(like he wouldn't have had a more recent one esp with the 02 gigs coming up and different money situations) and now they deny Katherine... Something funny in that AEG contract?? Also the insurance money won't be much due to 'someone' not paying it.... this all looks like a conspiracy so the family don't get as much as they are entitled to!

Was not L. Londell McMillan Michael Jackson's primary Lawyer before the killing. Now Michael's "friends" Lawyers all "Know what is best for Mrs. Jackson. They are robbing the Jackson's in broad daylight as I knew John Branca"the fixer" would do. The trust is worth BILLIONS. Billions that Katherine will not see. Act 2 will be "Mother of the year" Debbie Rowe with "her children" the heirs to the fortune.

This was all planned folks you will see.

Michael Jackson's Mom Just Wants More Information, Lawyer Says
Judge denied Katherine Jackson's request to obtain more information about her late son's estate.
By Gil Kaufman
A day after a Los Angeles judge rejected a plea by Michael Jackson's mother, Katherine Jackson, to hold a special hearing on her request for more information about her late son's estate, the Jackson family matriarch's attorney explained her actions.

Speaking on behalf of Katherine, attorney L. Londell McMillan issued a statement Wednesday (July 29) explaining the impetus behind Tuesday's pleadings. "Mrs. Jackson continues to serve as her son's most trusted and loyal advocate even in death," the press release read. "In an effort to gain more facts concerning a suspicious circle of relationships, [an] unnotarized will and an undisclosed trust, both drafted in 2002, which grant the executors and trustees thereunder very broad powers, Mrs. Jackson has sought formal discovery of the temporary special administrators of her son's estate."

Those administrators, longtime Jackson attorney John Branca and former music executive John McClain, have been granted temporary power to oversee Michael's holdings. Katherine Jackson's legal team asked the judge in the case to put pressure on the men to hand over more information on the estate in advance of Monday's pivotal hearing, which could determine who permanently represents the pop star's estimated $500 million fortune.

According to The Associated Press, Katherine Jackson's lawyer asked Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff if they could interview Branca and McClain on Friday and asked that they hand over business contracts and other documents related to her son's business dealings. Beckloff denied the request.

Katherine Jackson has also asked the court for an allowance to cover her own expenses and those of caring for Jackson's three young children. That matter and the question of who will permanently handle the estate could be determined at Monday's hearing. Jackson's 2002 will placed his assets in a trust that named Katherine and the children as beneficiaries, as well as unnamed children's charities.

In addition to seeking personal, business and legal information relating to Jackson and his deal with AEG Live, Tuesday's filing sought the handover of "life-insurance policies, settlements and disputes, as well as agreements between the temporary special administrators and Michael Jackson (and others)," according to the AP. Responding to claims that Branca and McClain were "intent on keeping [Katherine Jackson] in the dark as much and for as long as possible," lawyers for the men said that the Jackson family matriarch had made "voluminous, burdensome and invasive discovery demands" that were impossible to meet in such a short time frame.

The lawyers for Branca and McClain also said they could not turn over the AEG contract because of confidentiality provisions but would do so if she agreed to those provisions. The two sides, however, reportedly could not agree on terms. Howard Weitzman, the attorney representing McClain and Branca, said in a statement released Tuesday that McMillan's in-court comments on behalf of Katherine Jackson, 79, indicate that she is trying "to rewrite Michael's will to make Mrs. Jackson 'Guardian of the Estate' and have her appointed as an Executor and Trustee of Michael Jackson's Estate."

McMillan denied those claims in Wednesday's statement, saying, "To be clear, neither Mrs. Jackson nor her representatives seek to rewrite her son's will. Her concerns are and remain the welfare of her son's surviving children, the preservation of his legacy and the protection of his estate. Unfortunately, and contrary to their public statements, lawyers for John Branca and John McClain have either denied Mrs. Jackson access to critical information or insisted on such onerous and unreasonable restrictions on her access to and use of such information as to be tantamount to an outright refusal," specifically referring to the contract Jackson signed with promoter AEG for his planned 50-show string of comeback shows at London's O2 arena.

"Mrs. Jackson is looking for transparency in terms of the administration of her son's estate," McMillan said. "Because this transparency has not been forthcoming, she was forced to resort to making formal discovery requests. Such measures will not be necessary if Mrs. Jackson is appointed a co-executor of the estate." The lawyer claims that Katherine Jackson was the only person who served as a trustee and co-manager of her son's business interests at the time of his death and that the will allows for the appointment of a third executor. Katherine Jackson was initially appointed temporary administrator of Jackson's affairs, but Beckloff transferred the title to McClain and Branca after the 2002 will surfaced, counseling them to seek Mrs. Jackson's opinion on any major business deals.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1617185/20090729/jackson_michael.jhtml

Anyone know anything about this Judge Beckloff?? The fact he writes off what Katherine wants and believes Branca and McClain straight away that the 2002 will they produced is the last one.

he fact he writes off what Katherine wants and believes Branca and McClain straight away that the 2002 will they produced is the last one.

unless one is produced by someone then what u want the judge to do.

below
posted by aveeno on kop board

AEG is a 3rd party, MJ signed a deal with them and both AEG and MJ signed a confidentiality agreement. That deal is now with the MJ trust since MJ passed, that confidentiality agreement still stands and there is nothing the Trust/Branca/McClain can do about it since MJ signed it. Mrs Jackson is a beneficiary of the estate if she wants anything that's already bound by a confidentiality agreement then she has to accept and sign one as well. AEG is within its rights to refuse to share the deal especially if they feel Mr. Jackson and Rowe have been making accusation against them on TV and Mr. Jackson is a "petitioner" to the probate court case even though he's not named in the Will or Trust at all and that Mr. Jackson, Rowe etc could be digging for reasons to sue them.. etc...

The Estate/Branca/McClain can ask AEG permission to share the deal with Mrs. Jackson and her lawyers but if AEG says no, there is nothing they can do, they can't breach the confidentiality agreement MJ signed, AEG would then sue the estate for it. AEG can say ok to show to Mrs. Jackson but only her (as a beneficiary) and she has to sign a confidentiality agreement too, at that point it becomes up to Mrs. J and her lawyers to accept that or not. You can't blame the Estate for that, they have to follow the existing agreements/deals or else they'll get the estate to be sued and to lose money at which point MJ's kids lose as well.

This will be the same with everything MJ signed with Sony for Sony/ATV and others.
It has nothing to do with race or being "a black, a Jackson" its dealing with reality of how MJ left things and the current existing WILL and his wishes in that Will. EVERY single person will have a different perspective of how things "should have, could have, maybe need to" happen however all that will not change what is. MJ is dead, the only existing will says certain things and unless another will comes up, i think everyone is tied to it as is, including the courts.

Sigh, MJ is never gonna rest in peace with this mess going on. I'm so worried for Mrs. Jackson and for MJ's kids.

Here you go elusive moonwalker, this is the info from the link given in the first post:

AN aide who stopped paying Michael Jackson's life insurance premiums may have stolen the cash - costing the star's kids $20million.
Jackson took out a policy in 2002 to ensure a bumper payout on his death.

But cosmetic surgeon Dr Steven Hoefflin - the King of Pop's closest friend for decades - said: "The family have told me that, utterly unbelievably and horrifyingly, one of his aides did not keep up with payments in the last months of his life.

"They believe this person was pocketing the money."

Dr Hoefflin said insurers contacted the aide, but he went on: "This aide promised to send money - but never did."

He said the family have now been told they are entitled to just $2.5million instead of an expected $22.5million.

Dr Hoefflin said he had personally ensured ***** was clean of drugs in 2002 to make sure he qualified for the maximum possible policy.

He told The Sun: "This was hugely important to him - it was money for his children.

"The family are furious and they are now seeking a lawsuit against the person believed responsible.

"It is incredible, and just stands as further proof of the levels of deception and incompetence of the sharks that surrounded Michael."

Jackson died at 50 last month with reported debts of more than $400million.

SIX in ten Brits think his death was murder, a poll found.

I understand what you are saying about the will elusive moonwalker, I just would have thought that Michael would have done another since 2002, but thats just my opinion :)

I just want the kids to get all the are entitled too. If AEG have nothing to hide on that contract why not show Katherine?? Also I just keep thinking about the fact that Dr Tohme Tohme had a hand in all the dealing, he is the ex of Jermaine's current wife. He is also friends with the people who run Colony Captial who own Neverland. Jermaine is the one that keeps on saying he wants Michael laid to rest there. If he is that is more profit if its opened to the public Graceland style and finally the owners of Colony Captial are friends with the owners of... AEG, see here in an article written before Michael died http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-michael-jackson31-2009may31,0,1441957.story?page=1

Its a minefield of information out there on this. I might be barking up the wrong tree, this is only my opinion what I type or just things I've found out. I just want the truth to come out for the sake or Michael and the 3 lovely children, but alas I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure bits of the truth will come out over the next 20/30 years in tv programmes and not now when needed.

I just want the kids to get all the are entitled too. If AEG have nothing to hide on that contract why not show Katherine??

becuase there is a confideniality clause that binds them from disclosing the terms and both MJ and AEG signed
that So it is binding_ Katherine would also have to sign a confidentiality agreement in order to view the
stating that she wont releveal the contents_ its is stated she and her attorneys refused ..
Now how much any of this is true we dont know yet

Here you go elusive moonwalker, this is the info from the link given in the first post:

AN aide who stopped paying Michael Jackson's life insurance premiums may have stolen the cash - costing the star's kids $20million.
Jackson took out a policy in 2002 to ensure a bumper payout on his death.

But cosmetic surgeon Dr Steven Hoefflin - the King of Pop's closest friend for decades - said: "The family have told me that, utterly unbelievably and horrifyingly, one of his aides did not keep up with payments in the last months of his life.

"They believe this person was pocketing the money."

Dr Hoefflin said insurers contacted the aide, but he went on: "This aide promised to send money - but never did."

He said the family have now been told they are entitled to just $2.5million instead of an expected $22.5million.

Dr Hoefflin said he had personally ensured ***** was clean of drugs in 2002 to make sure he qualified for the maximum possible policy.

He told The Sun: "This was hugely important to him - it was money for his children.

"The family are furious and they are now seeking a lawsuit against the person believed responsible.

"It is incredible, and just stands as further proof of the levels of deception and incompetence of the sharks that surrounded Michael."

Jackson died at 50 last month with reported debts of more than $400million.

SIX in ten Brits think his death was murder, a poll found.

ok thanks stories from the sun and hofflin and full of holes

well thats not what hofflin said in his other interview with the sun.and closet friend for decades? and i dont see the point of having a life policy worth 22m ill when u are worth billions its pocket change and a policy woudlnt suddenly only be worth 2.5 mill in stead of 22 if money just stopped being paid in the prior months

Was not L. Londell McMillan Michael Jackson's primary Lawyer before the killing. Now Michael's "friends" Lawyers all "Know what is best for Mrs. Jackson. They are robbing the Jackson's in broad daylight as I knew John Branca"the fixer" would do. The trust is worth BILLIONS. Billions that Katherine will not see. Act 2 will be "Mother of the year" Debbie Rowe with "her children" the heirs to the fortune.

This was all planned folks you will see.
wow still feel that way considering what just came out?:doh:

Back