New Janet fan

000cozzie000

Proud Member
I'm sure we have a few Janet fans on this board so here goes....

I'm a new Janet fan, so far I have her velvet rope, Janet and control albums. I'm REALLY loving her! :wub:

I was wondering if people could recommend some good fansites (preferably with good download sections like MJJC), good albums, interviews, anything that you would think a new fan should check out.

Thanks! :clapping:

I'm a new Janet fan, so far I have her velvet rope, Janet and control albums. I'm REALLY loving her! :wub:

I was wondering if people could recommend some good fansites (preferably with good download sections like MJJC), good albums, interviews, anything that you would think a new fan should check out.

Ahhhhh, you finally see the light.:clapping:

So you want to be a Janet fan huh?
thinking.gif

There are a few rules and regulations. Click Here

The best fansites (boards):

www.janet-xone.com
www.janetjacksonforum.net
www.janet1814forum.com (if you speak French)

Media sites:

www.janetmedia.com (videos, interviews, audio, etc)
www.janethq.janetmedia.com (HQ photos)
www.janet-xone.com (join the forum and go to the media section)

Anything else you wanna know just ask.:punk:

Ohhhh thanks for the links lonely17!! I'm snooping around www.janetmedia.com right now :D

Just wondering.. what's your favourite Janet album? So far I'm obsessed with velvet rope, it just flows so beautifully and I love her cheeky little interludes :wub: I'm guessing they're a trademark of hers?

And I love all Jonathan Ross interviews! :lol:

Ahhhhh, you finally see the light.:clapping:

So you want to be a Janet fan huh?
thinking.gif

Why does it feel like I'm about to be interrogated? :bugeyed :lol:

HOLLLLD UP!

I'm reading these "rules" you posted, and I'm up to this one :lol:

4.You will know Janet out-danced Michael in “Scream.” Contrary to popular belief, Janet handed Michael his ass.

Uh oh... hardcore Janet fans better watch out when us hardcore Michael fans are around.. it could get ugly :rofl:

HOLLLLD UP!

4.You will know Janet out-danced Michael in “Scream.” Contrary to popular belief, Janet handed Michael his ass.

Uh oh... hardcore Janet fans better watch out when us hardcore Michael fans are around.. it could get ugly :rofl:

I just saw that and was going to quote it alongside a shocked face, lol. I guess I don't qualify then! :p I'm more a fan of Janet Jackson the person anyway. :)

Ohhhh thanks for the links lonely17!! I'm snooping around www.janetmedia.com right now :D

Just wondering.. what's your favourite Janet album? So far I'm obsessed with velvet rope, it just flows so beautifully and I love her cheeky little interludes :wub: I'm guessing they're a trademark of hers?

And I love all Jonathan Ross interviews! :lol:

Why does it feel like I'm about to be interrogated? :bugeyed :lol:

Janet Media has all of her appearances, performance, and what not. Very good site and they keep it updated, along with the photo gallery.

My favorite album is and will always be Rhythm Nation 1814.:wub: Velvet Rope is her best artistically...the interludes are definitely the trade mark on the albums. They're on all except the first three.

Not an interrogation, but just wondering if you have what it takes? lol...it's not easy being a fan.

HOLLLLD UP!

That's the never ending joke on Janet-Xone. A lot of us say she outshined him, others say she didn't. It just goes back and forth lol

What's up with that? :brow:

You have to deal with let downs, and things becoming trying. We all had high hopes for Discipline and Feedback and look what happened. We all had high hopes for the tour and look what happened. Not to mention the media dragging her name in the mud, having to deal with the Super Bowl nonsense lol...you have to be strong. LOL

But nonetheless, being a Janet fan is amazing.:punk:

You have to deal with let downs, and things becoming trying. We all had high hopes for Discipline and Feedback and look what happened. We all had high hopes for the tour and look what happened. Not to mention the media dragging her name in the mud, having to deal with the Super Bowl nonsense lol...you have to be strong. LOL

Oh OK. =( I guess we MJ fans can understand that. Stay strong! :)

This is what I'm confused about... is her music getting worse or is it that radio stations and the general public have stopped giving her a chance? I keep hearing that J.D. ruined her career, but I don't know a thing about that.

And what happened with her tour? :unsure:

This is what I'm confused about... is her music getting worse or is it that radio stations and the general public have stopped giving her a chance? I keep hearing that J.D. ruined her career, but I don't know a thing about that.

And what happened with her tour? :unsure:

It's not getting worse cuz the album got 3.5 stars from Rolling Stone. It was just "Feedback" was such a great song and could have been huge but IDJ just screwed it all up. They did a lot of stuff wrong. Then when Janet and LA Reid had a disagreement about the 2nd single he ended all promotion for the album. :smilerolleyes: But now that she's back with Jimmy and Terry we expect her music to be back the way it was in the 80s and early 90s.

The tour, wow lol. It was going well, but then she "got sick" and we were left in the dark as to what the REAL reasons were behind the cancellation of many dates. A lot of ppl lost money and didn't get a chance to see Janet. What upset most of us the most is that she didn't even have the decency to apologize for the cancelled dates, nor did she even speak about why they were cancelled. Most of us were upset about not getting an apology.

I love Janet! I always hear Together Again and Escapade at my work. I LOVE Escapade...always have to do a little dance! LOL

After Mike's passing I had newfound love for "Together Again":wub:

I was at work when Michael passed and my boyfriend text me and told me. I was totally shocked and crushed and went to the backroom to call around and see if it was true. About an hour after I heard it was true that song played and it was like, magical. I felt really peaceful for awhile while it was playing, but when it was done I was upset again... =[

We should have a janet vs Michael fan meet up :) thats would be amazing lol

Oh goodness. Total domination lol...hundreds will flock.:D

I was at work when Michael passed and my boyfriend text me and told me. I was totally shocked and crushed and went to the backroom to call around and see if it was true. About an hour after I heard it was true that song played and it was like, magical. I felt really peaceful for awhile while it was playing, but when it was done I was upset again... =[

I was sleep when my sister came in my room and woke me. Of course I didn't believe her, but then I saw it on CNN and they confirmed it. I was thru :( I played the album version, and the deeper remix for at least two hours straight non-stop. It really helped.

I'm guessing she will get a lot of new fans from now on..
many who will seek comfort in her music which is so michaelish.. her eyes..smile is so similar to MJ..cheekbones.. her dance and music style. she's so influenced by her brother! I love her!

been her fan since 97.. 2 times I hoped to see her on tour but then she either cancelled or didn't take the tour further ++..
I did finally see her in person at the MJ memorial..but I had other things to focus on.. (with his coffin being there too straight infront of me!!)
but now later on I do feel happy that I have actually seen her at least..

you will discover a lot of great things with janet!
I love her album all for you! songs like "come on get up", "china love".. so many amazing ones!

:)

I guess you could sam I'm a new fan as well. I got into MJ and Janet last year. I just turned 16, and neither of my parents listen to MJ or Janet, so I really never heard them aside from a few relatives and friends. I heard Feedback when it came out, and loved it. I love Discipline. So I wanted to hear her other stuff. Rhythm Nation is one of my favorite albums, right up there with MJ's Dangerous. Dangerous was creative, imaginative, and amazing. RN is definitely Janet's Dangerous.

Janet could be one of my favorites just because of the RN routine :D

Lonely17 thanks for the info! You're so handy to have around for us new fans :D

I want to start downloading from janetmedia but it's taking so long for the validation email to be sent :cry:

I'm guessing she will get a lot of new fans from now on..
many who will seek comfort in her music which is so michaelish.. her eyes..smile is so similar to MJ..cheekbones.. her dance and music style. she's so influenced by her brother! I love her!

I know what you mean, she reminds me a lot of him. But when I listen to her music, I get absorbed in it and I don't think about Michael that much. I can see why she broke free from his shadow, she's an artist and talented in her own right :)

I have to admit though, "Morning" from her Janet album reminds me so much of heal the world, I get a bit emotional listening to it. And "where are you now" reminds me of will you be there.

Actually her whole Janet album reminds me a bit of Dangerous, I can see why Michael said that they come up with the same ideas at the same time :lol:

I guess you could sam I'm a new fan as well. I got into MJ and Janet last year. I just turned 16, and neither of my parents listen to MJ or Janet, so I really never heard them aside from a few relatives and friends. I heard Feedback when it came out, and loved it. I love Discipline. So I wanted to hear her other stuff. Rhythm Nation is one of my favorite albums, right up there with MJ's Dangerous. Dangerous was creative, imaginative, and amazing. RN is definitely Janet's Dangerous.

Janet could be one of my favorites just because of the RN routine :D

You mean Dangerous is Mike's RN1814. ;)

Lonely17 thanks for the info! You're so handy to have around for us new fans :D

I want to start downloading from janetmedia but it's taking so long for the validation email to be sent :cry:

NP:punk:

IDK why the email is taking so long. It only took me a few minutes to get the email.

Welcome to the JANET family!! Can't believe more MJ fans are Janet fans. Janet is freakin' awesome!!! Many ppl have said that MJ always danced to her music when he was practicing in the studio!!

First off, you have to buy Rhythm Nation!!!! No Janet collection is complete without it. I'd also recommend getting the remix CD. Here is the cover -

41VW481N50L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

RN Cover -

31NX32N693L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I'd also suggest getting the LIVE dvd. . . with All For You and Velvet Rope together.

41C2MQVWY0L._SS500_.jpg

I love Janet as well! I've always loved the Jacksons music and I grew up on Janet and Michael's music. I was estatic when I saw them together in the "Scream" video(especially the dance scene).

Back