Will all this LEAKED information backfire and actually get Dr. Murray off if he goes to trial?

#1MJstan

Proud Member
*I took my chance with posting this in the Gen. forum but if it doesn't belong, then I am truly sorry*

We have all been reading reports from "no-named sources" giving info about what they are finding and what the law officials are contemplating. My question is WOULD ALL OF THIS LEAKED INFO BACKFIRE AND POSSIBLY GET DR. MURRAY OFF?? or possibly his lawyer could claim that he won't get a fair trial in the city of Los Angeles due to all the information being plastered all over the news about Dr. Murray giving MJ the Diprivan and stuff like that. I bet my bottom dollar his lawyer will sing from top of the highest building in LA about his client not being treated fairly and how the jury pool will be tainted..

What are your thoughts?

I would think it would be considered hearsay and at most a change of venue.

I can see change of venue.. However we all know how tricky the legal system can be especially here in the states. Lawyers will find laws in the books that date back to the 1800s and make no sense but somehow because they haven't been taken off the books then they will be used and the Dr. could get off or have a mistrial

I sure hope not but the way this thing's going so far it wouldn't surprise me. :smilerolleyes:

I totally agree. As much as I want to know info, I also want the so called sources to play it safe and not give away what they have until the DA is ready to file charges

makes no difference info gets leaked all the time in high profile cases and a change of venue makes no difference. the story is world wide nothing thats been reported in L.A isnt been reported every where around the world let alone in the usa.be grateful if it even gets to a trial or theres charges put down

@Elusive, I understand info gets leaked all the time.. but however they have some really clever and underhanded lawyers that will use any small thing to get a high profile client off. Sometimes leaking info isn't always in the best interest of prosecution..I just think that whomever is leaking this info needs to hold back for a while.. It's like a game of poker, you don't want to show your hand just yet..

Thanks for answering my question though. I love to hear other ppl's opinions about things..

Back