"I will miss you", MJ & Will.i.am song per CNN

Moddie777

Proud Member
This maybe small news inlight of everything elese from the week thus far, I just wanted to share with everybody what I saw today on CNN.
Campbell Brown was interviewing Will.i.am about working with Michael. It was a split screen interview. Will.i.am seemed very choked up at times and couldn't get out completed sentences, his words seemed muffled but he did say, there was this song titled: "I will miss you" that he and MJ recorded and worked on together after James Brown died.
Campbell Brown asked him if he would like for it to be made public and he said something about he wouldn't want to do it for the money and he wouldn't want to do it if it caused problems( or something to that effect) in lieu of Michael's death.
she asked him who had the copy and he said it was on his harddrive.
She asked him something about the family and he replied by saying, it would be really nice if the Jackson family would allow him to release the song especially now, he said something about hearing it now that MJ is gone......Then his voice kinda faded and she spoke over him.
It was obvious, Campbell had to move the interview along, it was clear to me that Will.i.am
is still in mourning and possibly shock too.
Did anyone elese see it?
(Just so the mod's will know, I did check back a few pges and even open a few threads just to make sure this had not already been posted).

Source: CNN

Last edited:
I've been trying to avoid CNN the last couple of weeks, but thank you so much for sharing this. I would absolutely LOVE to hear the song, and we all know Will wouldn't be doing it for the bucks. I can only imagine how devastated he must be. I'll never forget watching Will getting choked up when he spoke about MJ in his video blog. It was the most touching confessional I've seen.

This maybe small news inlight of everything elese rom the week thus far, I just wanted to share with everybody what I saw today on CNN.
Campbell Brown was interviewing Will.i.am about working with Michael. It was a split screen interview. Will.i.am seemed very choked up at times and couldn't get out completed sentences, his words seems muffled but he did day, they was this song titled: "I will miss you" that he and MJ recorded and worked on together after James Brown died.
Campbell Brown asked him if he would like for it to be made public and he said something about he wouldn't want to do it for the money and he wouldn't want to do it it caused problems( or something to that effect) in lieu of Michael's death.
she asked him who had the copy and he said it was on his harddrive.
She asked him something about how the family and he replied by saying, it would be really nice if the Jackson family would allow him to release the song especially now, he said something about hearing it now that MJ is gone......Then his voice kinds faded and she spoke over him.
It was obvious, Campbell had to move the interview along, it was clear to me that Will.i.am
is still in mourning and possibly shock too.
Did anyone elese see it?
(Just so the mod's will know, I did check back a few pges and even open a few threads just to make sure this had not already been posted).

Source: CNN

Yes I saw it, and he really did seem choked up and still in mourning. I observed the same as you did about Will.i.am.
I love and miss you Michael. :(

Thank you for sharing.

I believe Will I Am is a fan, just like we are. Inspired by Michael and eventually given the chance to work with Michael....discovering what an amazing soul Michael was and growing to love him even more.

I believe if it were any of us doing the interview right now we'd be choked up too. I mean, I can't really 'talk' about Michael without getting teary eyed....

I hope Will gets to release the song, I am sure it's beautiful. Even though it would be great to hear Michael's voice on the song, it would also be a bit weird...knowing it's a song about missing someone that's passed away and all.

I've been trying to avoid CNN the last couple of weeks, but thank you so much for sharing this. I would absolutely LOVE to hear the song, and we all know Will wouldn't be doing it for the bucks. I can only imagine how devastated he must be. I'll never forget watching Will getting choked up when he spoke about MJ in his video blog. It was the most touching confessional I've seen.

can you watch will.i.am's video blog anywhere? would really like to see it. and is it a link somewhere on cnn so you can see the interview?

i think will is really nice, and he has so much respect for mj and its great that he dont want to make money out of him. i wish there were alot more of these persons that was around michael...

Oh man I remember Will.I.Am mentioning going horse riding and apple picking in Ireland with M.J. I cracked up at that line.
His video blog broke my heart. When he said "thankyou for calling me on father's day when you knew I didn't have a dad" I thought my heart would burst.

Oh man I remember Will.I.Am mentioning going horse riding and apple picking in Ireland with M.J. I cracked up at that line.
His video blog broke my heart. When he said "thankyou for calling me on father's day when you knew I didn't have a dad" I thought my heart would burst.

oh that is too sweet for words.....wow

Will.I.Am almost sounds like they never really finished any music. I thought that they did.

You are all welcome. I am glad I could give a little news that was nice to hear.

Dutchie, I kinda feel the way you do about hearing a song about missing someone from a person who himself is gone and being missed so much. God that would tear my lil heart into tiny little pieces but I would also want to hear it.

I would love to hear this song if it can get completed. It sounds like Will has the music part with him and Michael kept his vocals on his hard drives. I don't blame them for doing this because it seems that Michael's music kept getting leaked from time to time. Will also said that he was afraid that he'd lose the hard drives if he kept them because he is always moving around, so Michael kept them.

But if Will can't get Michael's vocals back for some reason, maybe Will can put together a group of artists to record this song in honor for Michael. It will still be special because Michael wrote the lyrics and they worked on the music together.

But if Will can't get Michael's vocals back for some reason, maybe Will can put together a group of artists to record this song in honor for Michael. It will still be special because Michael wrote the lyrics and they worked on the music together.

Oh NO! Please no!!!
I'd rather have a 1 minute song with the instrumental and just Michael's voice instead of a 5 minutes song full of hypocrites and almost-talented kinda, sort of, quasi, artists......

This is exactly what a lot of people is begging not to happen with any new stuff from MJ, whether it's a new album or whatever: KEEP IT AS ORIGINAL AS IT IS. KEEP IT AS MICHAEL LEFT IT.

Oh NO! Please no!!!
I'd rather have a 1 minute song with the instrumental and just Michael's voice instead of a 5 minutes song full of hypocrites and almost-talented kinda, sort of, quasi, artists......

This is exactly what a lot of people is begging not to happen with any new stuff from MJ, whether it's a new album or whatever: KEEP IT AS ORIGINAL AS IT IS. KEEP IT AS MICHAEL LEFT IT.

Don't get me wrong. It would be my absolute preference that the voice we hear on this song would be Michael's.

I guess what I am saying is that I would love to hear what Michael was working on in the last few years in any way, shape or form. It's his creativity that I am craving.

No problems, glad I could help! :)

BTW, don't know if you've seen this. But will.i.am posted a video message on his dipdive a month ago where he's talking about Michael:
http://dipdive.com/member/iamwill/blog/6090

That was....heartbreaking! There is so much truth in that...I am glad Will made that video.

Is there any possibility this video to be downloaded? I really want to save that just for me.

If was funny to me when Will said That Michael would take home his vocals and Will would have The Music .I hope that Will and a good engineer can slice the two together and Make it whole. He also said that there were songs that were not completed.Wow.I guess that's where the snipets come in play.I hope the material does comeout on a future MJ compilation. It was very enlightening.

We should have waited for this album a very long time i think. I thought it was almost complete. I hope he have some new full songs atleast.

He was the greatest person ever lived, no matter what the media say. He was so special. He was a genuis. I mean come on, its his unique look, dance. How can you even come up with the dance steps he did, moonwalk and more. The ATTITUDE he have when he danced was awesome. And fedoras, glasses, white socks. He was a true icon. And he can never be copied again. What he did, cant be done again.

In TDCAU prison version he takes his hand to his throat and shows his hand...If you understand me. It looks like **** you sign or something, im i right?

Hey Guys,

Can anybody post the transcript of the audio/video you all are discussing, if it's not too long or too much trouble? Pretty please with sugar on top?

Back