Kanye West speaks . . . .

SIDEWALK

Proud Member
Posted on his blog:

I WAS JUST LISTENING TO WENDY WILLIAMS AND HEARD SOME QUOTE ABOUT ME SAYING I'M THE NEW KING OF POP. NOT ONLY DID I NOT SAY THAT, I HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING. IT MAKES ME FEEL BAD THAT OBVIOUSLY I MADE PEOPLE FEEL THAT I WOULD BE CORNY ENOUGH TO SAY SOMETHING SO WHACK AFTER THE PASSING OF AN IDOL, A LEGEND AND MORE THAN THAT A HUMAN BEING WITH FEELINGS AND FAMILY. IT SCARES ME TO THINK WHAT PEOPLE WILL BELIEVE, WITHOUT EVEN A SOURCE. ANY RANDOM PERSON CAN TYPE SOMETHING ON THE INTERNET AND THEN THE WORLD BELIEVES IT. I DON'T TALK TO PRESS OR DO TV OR DO PROMOTIONS OF ANY SORT. I'VE STOPPED CHASING AND BUYING INTO FAME. FAME IS LIKE CIGARETTES WITH NO SURGEON GENERAL WARNING. IT DESTROYS MOST PEOPLE AS IT DID TO THE TRUE AND ONLY KING OF POP. WE EXPLOIT OURSELVES AND EAT OUR OWN EGOS 'TILL THERE IS NOTHING LEFT. I HAVE A FEELING THAT THIS WON'T BE THE LAST FALSE STATEMENT WITH MY NAME ON IT, BUT THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME I DEFEND MYSELF. I'M DONE.

http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/

ANY RANDOM PERSON CAN TYPE SOMETHING ON THE INTERNET AND THEN THE WORLD BELIEVES IT ----- Aint that the truth! It shows how badly stories can be affected to. People post whatever they want and some people believe it automatically cause its on the web. Its why alot of people didnt initially believe the Michael was dead news because there has been so many hoaxes before that even friends of his when they heard didnt believe it was true.

how many people reacted on this story..lol
it was denied,and I THINK that kanye west is not dumb like that,to say this..
lol and I'm not a fan of him

Well, no wonder some people believed it, he's been known to say arrogant stuff before, like when he didn't win Grammy he said the only reason was because the Grammy officials were racist? Or was that just another rumour?
Don't know, but I'm glad he didn't say that. There was, is and always will be only ONE King of Pop

yeah when it comes to ego kanyes probably the biggest in the industry. he throws a dummy spit just about everytime hes not nominated or doesnt win an award. and boy can he swear when hes angry. i remember reading interview about a year and he was so nasty and swearing all over the place - all because he didnt win an award. he was convinced there was some conspiracy going on. sheesh!

yeah when it comes to ego kanyes probably the biggest in the industry. he throws a dummy spit just about everytime hes not nominated or doesnt win an award. and boy can he swear when hes angry. i remember reading interview about a year and he was so nasty and swearing all over the place - all because he didnt win an award. he was convinced there was some conspiracy going on. sheesh!

Yeah, that was exactly the sort of impression I got.

I think his ego has toned down a lot ever since south park made fun of him. They gave him that dose of reality that he needed and he's kept his mouth shut since then.

I'm glad he cleared this up. From what I can remember, he's never disrespected Michael in any way. He called himself the "Michael Jackson of rap", but I don't think that he's ever tried to push Michael aside or take his place..

Kanye is lame and un-hot and i don't even like his music. He needs to get his ego down to earth level and shut the f*ck up

That's actually kind of a nice thing to say...when you think about it.
A "Michael Jackson" of something...:)

lol it always amuses me when michael in PHM says

Im the Michael Jordan of water balloon fights lololool!! you could have just said you're the Michael Jackson of them!!!

Well, no wonder some people believed it, he's been known to say arrogant stuff before, like when he didn't win Grammy he said the only reason was because the Grammy officials were racist?

yeah when it comes to ego kanyes probably the biggest in the industry. he throws a dummy spit just about everytime hes not nominated or doesnt win an award.

:sleep:

I assumed he really said it because of how he normally is. It's very refreshing to see that he now realizes his poo stinks too.

Good for you Kanye and I'm sorry for believing. Keep up the level head.

Respect! Kanye is more than 'king of rap', king of beats.... That's what he is doing best, making great beats.

I like Kanye, I honestly don't believe he means any harm. It's just a persona, an act. I'm glad he cleared that one up.

Initially, when I saw the quote on some other blog, I believed it to be true (sorry, the man has a history that runs deep of making such inane comments). But then I remembered that if and when Kanye wants to make any kind of statement about anything, he makes them on his blog. I paid it a visit and nothing was there. Then I found the true source of the comment, some suspicious-looking website with other ridiculous stories.

Yeah, he's been trying to lay low and get his ego in check. Even his response wasn't as over the top as in the past. Perhaps he's actually growing. *crosses fingers*

well thats good because i was like oh no he didn't. I am glad he cleared up that rumor. But I wasn't mad i just laughed,.

Y'all have to know that most things printed about Kanye is Not true. Like it was with Michael. You know how we defended Michael right? well Kanye is trying to do that for him self. WHO DOESN'T HAVE AN EGO???? We all have it, but just because He says what he feels doesn't Mean he's a bad person or that we have to bash him.

All am saying is that He IS A GOOD Artist and I'm NOT Saying that because he wrote this statment on his BLOG. I've liked his music for some time now, and IF YOU HAVENT Seen some of the MUSIC Vids. HE Was in, YOU SHOULD cuz It will SHOW You How Much he respected MICHAEL!

GOOD Life(Listen to the Back ground song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su_zrW9WBVk

Knock You Down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF5Q1jr28PM

American Boy(Look at 2:10 AND At Kanye and what he's wearing on his Left side*Michael's Pin* 3:09 - 3:10)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG5cFYMuZb4

And Of course he did a remix with Michael.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy8S9VQ8OhY

IF this is NOT Respect, I dont know what is.
Now tell me, if this guy the ONLY one who has EGO. cuz Most musicians DO and we all "Attack" Kanye cuz he's the ONLY one Real enough to show his true self to the world.
I'm not A fan of Kanye, but I always HATE to see Us(MJ fans) attacking other singers when we've being saying all this time how not to judge others, cuz WE know how It hurts them, Like it Hurt Michael.

Y'all Might not agree with every single thing i have to say but You know Thats the truth!

SO Please lets Practice What we Preach!

Love,
Romi

Last edited:
I love american boy song,and also heartless,and amazing,but I'm not a fan of him,I don't like him,because the guy has the biggest ego in music industry

I like Kanye, I honestly don't believe he means any harm. It's just a persona, an act. I'm glad he cleared that one up.

Actually, that is no persona. According to his mom in that book she wrote about him (Was it called, Raising Kanye? I can't remember. I read it though.), Kanye takes after her father with the run-off-at-the-mouth ego bit.

Still, I think most of time in general he's well-meaning, though; he never says anything bad about other artists or anybody else (besides the press and the paps. reminds you of anyone, eh?). Actually, he seems to go out of his way at times to promote and show respect toward other artists doing their thing.

'just needs to tame the ego.

Hip-hop star Kanye West has decided he is the right man to take Michael Jackson's crown - declaring himself "the new King of Pop".

The Stronger hitmaker is convinced that he is just as popular as the late Thriller hitmaker and deserves to take on the title of music biggest star now Jackson has passed away.

He tells Scrape TV, "You know everyone loves and respects Michael but times change. It's so sad to see Michael gone but it makes a path for a new King of Pop and I'm willing to take that on. There's nobody who can match me in sales and in respect so it only makes sense for me to take over Michael's crown and become the new King.

"First there was Elvis (Presley), then there was Michael, now in the 21st century it's Kanye's time to rule. I am the new King of Pop."

Source: Yahoo Music

Hip-hop star Kanye West has decided he is the right man to take Michael Jackson's crown - declaring himself "the new King of Pop".

The Stronger hitmaker is convinced that he is just as popular as the late Thriller hitmaker and deserves to take on the title of music biggest star now Jackson has passed away.

He tells Scrape TV, "You know everyone loves and respects Michael but times change. It's so sad to see Michael gone but it makes a path for a new King of Pop and I'm willing to take that on. There's nobody who can match me in sales and in respect so it only makes sense for me to take over Michael's crown and become the new King.

"First there was Elvis (Presley), then there was Michael, now in the 21st century it's Kanye's time to rule. I am the new King of Pop."

Source: Yahoo Music

He just denied saying this, so what's your point?

Music&Me - I always thought the whole award protests and stuff were an act! I think they are to an extent. A few things lately seem to have shook him up, so maybe he'll mellow a bit now.

This is the source of that stupid rumor that went (and was believed) around the world:

http://scrapetv.com/News/News Pages...-of-Pop-Scrape-TV-The-World-on-your-side.html

As you can see if you click on the "Scrape TV News" link, the site is a bit Onion-esque. (I advise sensitive fans to not click the news link; they have a headline and story about Dr. Murray and MJ that's vile and tasteless).

Edit: StaceyMJ, he could've very well been playing it up a bit. He, however, admits that he has an ego problem (which is the first step in healing, right? lol).

Kanye is lame and un-hot and i don't even like his music. He needs to get his ego down to earth level and shut the f*ck up
Did you even bother to read the first post in this thread before you felt the need to say that?

This is exactly why rumors step off and fester, just like they did with MJ.

Back