Is there something wrong with me?

I didn't know what else to call the thread title...i've posted several threads already on this forum. About my life and simply private things, i decided to put them here cause i've received lots of helpful comments in the past.

And i already have noticed for a while now that this forum is very open, about several things...so this is a good place i think. Ask any guy on the street or wherever it may be...this question.

What is something you can absolutely not live without, or for not longer than a month?

I'm pretty sure more than half of the men will answer you the well known 3 letter word. Sex. Personally i wouldn't say that at all....i probably would say..that i would hate to be without my French Bulldog Yoshi for a month or longer...or one of my hobbies..watching movies or gaming., i am laughing at me saying that...but i probably would.

I am gonna be honest here and i don't feel ashamed one bit for it. It's been like a year and six months that me and my ex were still together...alittle before that...was the last time i did it, had sex. If i was to tell this to friends (but i dont see any reason to ) they would go 'whaaaaaat, is there something wrong with you, you ok?' . However...i have no problem with it.

If i have to mention one thing about my relationship that lasted almost 3 years , that i miss right now...is simply being together, feeling good,having fun, laughing,being cozy and comfy and all that...NOT nessecarily sex, not at all, really.

Is that weird? As a almost 27 year old, i see these teenagers on tv, text messaging others about sex and what they are gonna do...and i'm like, what's the big deal? Other men always bragging about sex, my friends for example...not huge braggers , but i'm sure they don't want to live without it as long as i'm doing now. Lots of my friends go out and try to get and hit it up with any 'hot' chick they can.

I can't do that....just not me...i rather save all that for someone who i think is worth it, someone who i really feel and can perhaps relate to as well.

I guess i'm making this thread , hoping that i'm not the only one here who is like that. I honestly dont think i am :). Or IS there something wrong
with me? :doh:

Nothing wrong with you dear! Well, not about that particul;ar point, I don't know the rest of your life! :)

I'm just like you so don't worry :)

Nothing wrong with you dear! Well, not about that particul;ar point, I don't know the rest of your life! :)

I'm just like you so don't worry :)

The rest of my life is pretty normal, pretty standard. It's just something i wonder at times...my dad is basically like me, maybe i got it from him. Awhile ago when i hadn't had any experience in it yet..my dad simply told me 'Son...you can hear all your schoolmates brag about that one thing, but really...it's just damn overrated. Care and loving eachother are so much more important' . When i think about it....i definitely must have gotten that from him :)

Totally understand it! That's one thing I felt to really have in common with Michael...I'm sooo not focused on that.
I really don't understand it's playing such a big role in most people's lifes...ofcourse, it's a nice part of a relationship but I care sooooo much more for real love, trust, communication and just hugs and kisses. Just like I couldn't give a shit about alcohol or anything like that.
I'm 19 and you know what, I'm proud to be different. ;)

Last edited:
I definitely agree. Simply WAY too much is about sex nowadays, well..for a long time already. Switch on MTV, it's either a video that is clearly about sex, or a program where a dude has to 'get' a hot girl as soon as possible..and the rest...can be guessed. Pathetic.

But who knows...maybe when i find a nice girl again...i miight find out how wrong i am about it, but i don't think i am. It's personal of course..there are plenty of people who really cannot live without for too long....but in general the whole thing is just made bigger than it really is.

It's good to see a 19 year old talking like that...i don't see that often. A friend of mine, who's 19.....sigh...
recently i visted him, and most of his talk was about sex. About this girl he had met and before i could even ask how they met,he revealed he had 'humped' her and that it was nice and all. The next day he was already on the lookout for the next one.....big sigh.

I definitely agree. Simply WAY too much is about sex nowadays, well..for a long time already. Switch on MTV, it's either a video that is clearly about sex, or a program where a dude has to 'get' a hot girl as soon as possible..and the rest...can be guessed. Pathetic.

But who knows...maybe when i find a nice girl again...i miight find out how wrong i am about it, but i don't think i am. It's personal of course..there are plenty of people who really cannot live without for too long....but in general the whole thing is just made bigger than it really is.

It's good to see a 19 year old talking like that...i don't see that often. A friend of mine, who's 19.....sigh...
recently i visted him, and most of his talk was about sex. About this girl he had met and before i could even ask how they met,he revealed he had 'humped' her and that it was nice and all. The next day he was already on the lookout for the next one.....big sigh.
Oh I just hate that...people just banging eachother for the bang. -_- (Sorry for my language haha.)

The whole look on sex is just so screwed up...I wish I could change it...can get really angry about it. Also when these story's about Michael came out like 'oh he's gay' because he didn't care about sex...so what?! He's a gentleman, just like that!

People think they need to do it as fast and young as they can to be 'cool' and get accepted...:doh:

Sex without love is absolutely worthless for me.

I know there's a myth that men are more into sex than women, but I don't think that's true.
I have a couple of female friends that can't function without sex.

There's nothing wrong with you at all, we all are different. :)

Maybe we got this too being a MJ fan who knows, maybe that's one of the things he taught us! That love is more important than sex.

Exactly, probably both my dad and Mike. Many haters say they don't believe MJ never had sex in his life, and therefore already he's a huge weirdo. What kind of logic is that? And also...(IF) he never had...it means he was gay...oh right. Sigh....nah, some people are too stupid for words.

I remember when i was still in a relationship with my ex..and friends of mine visited me...they asked eachother if they were getting any 'action' lately...this one guy said 'Unfortunetely i haven't had any for quite some while now' it almost sounded as if that was a crime...LOL.

It really did. That whole idea is craaaaaazy.

Last edited:
Staffordshire Bullterrier will you marry me? :D Joke of course.. but if every man would think like this... to care about what inside person, to care about talk and spending time together... Most of guys are just looking at girls busts and bottoms... (I'm not saying that girls are better :p) this is so hopeless...

More people like you and world will be much better! ;D

I'm only 18 years old, but I already feel I am a stranger, because I am not at the same level as my friends. They all had sex with their partner, but I think they are rushing it. They need to have sex, so they can say 'hey, I am a real man, because I had sex' In my opinion it's disgusting. The same for kissing, I only kissed a girl once, but I didn't feel much for it and I rather would love to be a guy who never kissed a girl. I see so much people kissing with each other in the disco, party at someone's place and I am really wondering how they can kiss each other if they don't know each other. Am I really stupid?
Sex is the only thing that counts in life according to my friends. But what happened with the fun with each other, just be alone with your girlfriend watching a horror movie and you put your arms around her. (She goes away and you follow her, then you say 'it's only a movie' Then your girlfriend says: 'it's not funny' You will say: 'you were scared aren't you?' Then she says: 'I wasn't that scared' You say: 'yeah you were scared'
Then you follow her and all the zombies will become alive.) :lol:

I like yoyr attitude too SB.
I'm not in a relationship now and not "getting any". I would love to but I rather look for some nice guy instead of a one night stand.

I too wouldn't want to be without my dogs for more than a month or so. And there are other things that I can't live without like my TV and PC. LOL.

But what happened with the fun with each other, just be alone with your girlfriend watching a horror movie and you put your arms around her. (She goes away and you follow her, then you say 'it's only a movie' Then your girlfriend says: 'it's not funny' You will say: 'you were scared aren't you?' Then she says: 'I wasn't that scared' You say: 'yeah you were scared'

That's every girl's ideal date!

Staffordshire, there's nothing wrong with you! Trust me, I would know --. I'm 21 and still waiting. I don't think anything is wrong with me though, some people just view things differently. I never understand why all these kids half my age go around having sex and new boyfriends every 2 months. I've always had an old-fashioned view when it comes to relationships, and believe in getting to know a person and truly loving them before you take that next step!

I'm only 18 years old, but I already feel I am a stranger, because I am not at the same level as my friends. They all had sex with their partner, but I think they are rushing it. They need to have sex, so they can say 'hey, I am a real man, because I had sex' In my opinion it's disgusting. The same for kissing, I only kissed a girl once, but I didn't feel much for it and I rather would love to be a guy who never kissed a girl. I see so much people kissing with each other in the disco, party at someone's place and I am really wondering how they can kiss each other if they don't know each other. Am I really stupid?
Sex is the only thing that counts in life according to my friends. But what happened with the fun with each other, just be alone with your girlfriend watching a horror movie and you put your arms around her. (She goes away and you follow her, then you say 'it's only a movie' Then your girlfriend says: 'it's not funny' You will say: 'you were scared aren't you?' Then she says: 'I wasn't that scared' You say: 'yeah you were scared'
Haha I feel exactly the same way as u do!
And that would sooo be the perfect date.:wub: You know what, in the end people like us can be proud...we're not giving our bodies away for just some 'pleasure'. I bet most people are only doing that to be accepted and be cool and to follow the whole standard opinion about it. But deep in their hearts they know that it isn't giving them any credits for it and they're not a better person for doing it.
I'd rather not be ordinary and just be as unique as I can, and there was a time I thought there was something wrong with me but....although I might feel weird sometimes, I try to look on it differently and be proud to be unique...I know I am.:)

Last edited:
I have to say I think you have your priorities right.. I am married 8 years now and my sister thinks my husband and I are both mad because sex is not as important in our marriage as it is in hers. I swear when I told her that we made love maybe once or twice a month she was shocked and proceded to brag about her and her partner nearly every night. But she aslo stated that her and her partner are not as emotionaly close as my husband and I so I think you are just fine hunny,

mmmhmm, i dont see why either sex has to be the most important thing in the world . if your in a good relationship and theres sex and you enjoy each other on so many levels, then fine. i think its more enjoyable that way. but if you break up, who says you have to constantly have sex with random people simply because you are not a virgin anymore? why do peeple assume this of all non virgins? i think some people do become ''born again virgins'' so to speak for a time until maybe the next great person come into their lives, plus there's other things in life to think about not only sex. your goals for instance. hobbies. the world is bigger for us humans than only that.

but even for girls after we've been in a relationship, people also expect us to get into another one right after. and sex is always apart of it, because with women we are always expected to have kids right away. our friends with kids ask us...we when the hell are you going to have kids? did you find a guy yet/ whats wrong with you!!

but people should do what they want to do in life and don't feel like you need to copy your friends, they have their own path and you have yours. thats what so amazing about being a michael fan too, he did what he wanted , when he wanted and did not copy other people. he lived his own life.

there's nothing wrong with you, I haven't had sex in 3 years :lol: :trish:

Bragging about sex and just doing it because "you are supposed" to is so wrong imo.
I'm a very happy single for 2 years now and don't plan to change that.
So imo there's absolutely nothing wrong with you!!!

I think the majority of women would find you the perfect bloke! haha x

I totally agree - SB you're one of the few guys who doesn't only think about one thing and I know a hell of a lot of girls who prefer that (though some don't admit it). So I salute you and you better not change :D

And I agree about the whole not being bothered about sex thing, I'm exactly the same (although I'm not a guy so I suppose I have it a bit easier). Everyone around me seems to either be having sex or talking about it like it's no big deal. Same as drinking and drugs - I have no interest in them either but everyone else does for some reason :doh: :blink:

I totally agree - SB you're one of the few guys who doesn't only think about one thing and I know a hell of a lot of girls who prefer that (though some don't admit it). So I salute you and you better not change :D

And I agree about the whole not being bothered about sex thing, I'm exactly the same (although I'm not a guy so I suppose I have it a bit easier). Everyone around me seems to either be having sex or talking about it like it's no big deal. Same as drinking and drugs - I have no interest in them either but everyone else does for some reason :doh: :blink:
Oh believe me...girls can be just as 'bad' as boys, haha! Hearing stories from some of my girlfriends....it always freaks me out. :ph34r: Girls can be so heartless and bitchy too...they can just lose themselves in these type of things, hate it when I see that happening to my girlfriends. I lost a lot of them 'cuz of their relationships.

I also don't care for alcohol or drugs!:)

I can see it from a girls perspective because I did do the whole 'sex drugs and rock and roll' thing...but now I have stopped that and I found my way in life, trust me, i am so much happier. You have your priorities straight...there is NOTHING wrong with you. If anyone tells you any different, dont feel ashamed, feel sorry for them.

Good people we have here :)

I second that by a 100000 times, awesome people here, people with in my opnion very good perspectives of life, a very good way of thinking. I agree 100% with rather watching a nice horror movie , sitting close to eachother and just being comfy and cozy with eachother...instead of stupid-ass one night stands that ain't gonna make you ONE BIT wiser .

When i think of the nice moments me and my ex girl had ...the moments i really cherish and have the nicest memories of...it's not the ridiculous amount of sex we had (especially in the beginning, we both really were addicted,lol) nope...it's the moments that we lied in bed, watching a horror movie , just having a great time....the dog next to us or on the couch...some snacks , just nice , simple things...simple things that mean SO much more than anything else.

I remember and will always cherish our very first meeting, and how i went back home after our first meeting, with a huge smile on my face. The next day, me picking her up from her home and watching a movie together(Lion King,hehe) on my couch..all sweet and innocent. THOSE are the things i remember the most and cherish the most. Not the insane amount of times we did it. It was nice.....but when that started to fade alittle....everything else did too. That's when i noticed and she probably too..that we had VERY little in common...but not only that..after the huge urge for sex started to cease slowly...so did her needs of being cozy and close with eachother..and it's then that you find out how important that really is.

And sex really not at all..it's great if you have a good sexlife, but if you don't...(for whatever reason that might be...can be so much) but you CAN be real close and cozy with eachother...that means the world, really.

I didn't know what else to call the thread title...i've posted several threads already on this forum. About my life and simply private things, i decided to put them here cause i've received lots of helpful comments in the past.

And i already have noticed for a while now that this forum is very open, about several things...so this is a good place i think. Ask any guy on the street or wherever it may be...this question.

What is something you can absolutely not live without, or for not longer than a month?

I'm pretty sure more than half of the men will answer you the well known 3 letter word. Sex. Personally i wouldn't say that at all....i probably would say..that i would hate to be without my French Bulldog Yoshi for a month or longer...or one of my hobbies..watching movies or gaming., i am laughing at me saying that...but i probably would.

This is my favorite part, now im being totally honest here no joke Im a guy as you could probably tell from my username but I'm not like the other guys.. I'm different I'm 24 and i have went 8 years without sex. And if it wasnt from my ex girlfriend at the time i would have been more happer to wait abit longer for it. I only had if with her because she wanted it NOT me and it wasnt out of love... I stop loving her after 2 month but we couldnt let go of her other.

sex is nothing to me its getting to now the person and spending time with the person that counts. Theres nothing wrong with you at all,

Good on you for posting this; a lot of people would needlessly feel embarrassed about it.
I completely understand how you feel. I'm 24, and you know in all honesty, lately I've wondered if I might be asexual! Well, maybe I'm not, maybe it's just that I haven't met the right person yet. But I so don't care about it. I'm much more about friends and fulfilling my own ambitions.
So no, YOU ARE NOT ALONE ;)

Totally understand it! That's one thing I felt to really have in common with Michael...I'm sooo not focused on that.
I really don't understand it's playing such a big role in most people's lifes...ofcourse, it's a nice part of a relationship but I care sooooo much more for real love, trust, communication and just hugs and kisses. Just like I couldn't give a shit about alcohol or anything like that.
I'm 19 and you know what, I'm proud to be different. ;)

Yay! I agree ;)

Back