Why do fans run down Michael's family members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I've noticed for years & I have to ask the question.

Why do some fans feel so free to run down Michael's family members the way they do?

It's a little sickening how these fans think they know better than Michael's actual family on how to deal with situations. It's almost like these fans want to wall off Michael to themselves as an island from his relatives.

What gets me is the lack of respect. Where's the respect? Michael didn't just come poof out of the sky. His family is a big part of who shaped him into the person he was flaws, virtues, & all. They were there at his trial. All 9 siblings together. Mother & father.

We ARE a "family" to Michael but we come AFTER Michael's blood family. And if we want to REALLY be a "family" to Michael we would show some sort of decorum to his primary support system, his blood family.

We don't have to agree on everything they do but the attacks are really over the line as far as I see it.

I'm tired of seeing fans run down Jermaine & Joe & any other family member they feel in their over-opinionated minds isn't acting the way they think they should act.

Questioning why Jermaine would try to continue doing Michael's work in honor of him? Asking if he's trying to use this to promote himself & never thinking that this maybe his way of trying to get a grip on his grief by continuing in Michael's humanitarian legacy.

This has bothered me for years & I just had to ask the question. Why?
John Lucas

I have to agree with you. Michael Loved his family. Yes some members have made decisions that may baffle us and even disgust us (mainly joe and latoya in my eyes), but they were still his family and they deserve our respect. Without them we wouldnt have had Michael. If you have read 'moonwalker' you will know how much his family meant to him.

Katherine is a fantastic woman, A credit to all mothers in the world. She is owed our support and love, and with that comes respect for the rest of her family.

Some fans may do that, but they cant argue that it wasnt only an icon and a hero that died...it was a son, a brother and a father that died too. We are mourning, and we are all in pain...bu imagine how they must feel. If Michael tried to teach the world anything is that Love should overpower hatred, and these people need our love.

Some fans may do that, but they cant argue that it wasnt only an icon and a hero that died...it was a son, a brother and a father that died too. We are mourning, and we are all in pain...bu imagine how they must feel. If Michael tried to teach the world anything is that Love should overpower hatred, and these people need our love.

For the first 30 years of his life, Michael lived @ home with his mother, father, sisters and brothers....they were never really separated..

As they got older, they went their separate ways, renuniting for dinners, crises and whatnot.

All being said, blood is thicker than water. Anyday.

I did a long thread about this already....

Some fans separate Michael from the Jackson.

But that's just it. You can't.
He left his kids to Katherine & by extension the JACKSON Family. Not us.

The JACKSON FAMILY surrounded & comforted his kids at the private & public memorial. Paris buried her head in Janet's arms. Rebbie wiped her tears. Jermaine comforted Prince.

What LaToya & Jermaine did almost 20 years ago is irrelevant.
For all that mess she said about him back then, you never heard him badmouth her. NEVER. He & the whole family always said they were waiting for her to come back home to the family.

We later see Aunt LaToya & Daddy Michael with the kids shopping like one united family. We see her in family photos at Neverland. Like nothing ever came between them.

For that crap Jermaine said about him back then, you never heard Mike badmouth him. NEVER. They fought in private & patched up their differences by the time of the 1992 Jacksons miniseries. I remember a Jet Magazine from around 1992 showing all the Jacksons including Michael posing with their likenesses who were to portray them as the young Jackson 5. That was a Jermaine Jackson production by the way. A year later & it was water under the bridge.

By the time of the 1993 accusations, you saw Jermaine in steadfast support of the brother he lashed out against a couple of years earlier. When Michael was arrested in 2003 off the plane, you heard an FURIOUS IRATE Jermaine cuss live to CNN on air about how they will never get satisfaction. They got him in cuffs & got the picture but they better enjoy it because it won't last.

She never badmouthed him again. He never badmouthed him again.

Jermaine talks about a family get-together this just past May when he sung Michael's song (Rebbie-recorded) Fly Away with him & enjoyed each other's company. Jermaine was heartbroken singing Michael's favorite song Smile at his memorial.

I have fallen out with my cousin a few times myself. Didn't talk to him for a year & another time a half-year. But in the end, this is my family & it's not right for us to fight. And now we're talking.

His name ain't Michael Michael. It's Michael JACKSON. Of the JACKSON Family. Of Katherine Scruse JACKSON and Joseph JACKSON.

We as fans can't really be there as a personal one-on-one support. We are a collective who inspires him but we can't deal with the day to day troubles & happenings in his life. We are somewhat impersonal in truth. He "knows" us but doesn't really KNOW us. We love him but it's a crazy kind of love. We are in awe of his persona & talent. We are in awe of his deeds & values. But we can't be there to quell his doubts & worries. We can't offer that personal support an inner circle does.

We will be no better than those employees who erect barriers between Michael & his family if we act like this. It needs to stop.

Fans need to stop running down Michael's family like they do. It's disrespectful. We don't know our place acting like that.
John Lucas

You are so right.

I think the problem is that everybody is taking everything personal when it comes to Michael. The fans who never lived with and probably never even met him are behaving as if they knew/know everything that's going on with this man and his life.

Everything we think at the end of the day is based on nothing but assumption and speculation!

I've seen comments here and elsewhere that make it seem as though Michael's own family are incapable of raising his children when he himself who they say they love so much is the product of that same family.

I'd like to see the person with the "perfect family" raise their hand so I can tell them they're lying.

We seem to forget that a family is made up of different people, but that's just what they are PEOPLE, with their own minds, their own desires and their own way of wanting to live.

We have no business to judge and say this one did this and that one did that when there are perhaps mountains of bones rattling in each and every one of our family's closets.

Michael wasn't insane when he wrote his will and he chose the only two people who he has ever looked up to as mother figures to be there for his own kids and I think everyone should respect that.

As for he's brothers and sisters, they will fight and make up as any normal group of siblings will do....what's the big deal with that?

Leave them alone and have respect for Michael's family because without them there would be no Michael.

Last edited:
This is a brilliant thread. Well done!
Some people seem to think they are more a part of Michael than his family is.

Why do some fans feel so free to run down Michael's family members the way they do?

It's a little sickening how these fans think they know better than Michael's actual family on how to deal with situations. It's almost like these fans want to wall off Michael to themselves as an island from his relatives.

What gets me is the lack of respect. Where's the respect? Michael didn't just come poof out of the sky. His family is a big part of who shaped him into the person he was flaws, virtues, & all. They were there at his trial. All 9 siblings together. Mother & father.

We ARE a "family" to Michael but we come AFTER Michael's blood family. And if we want to REALLY be a "family" to Michael we would show some sort of decorum to his primary support system, his blood family.

We don't have to agree on everything they do but the attacks are really over the line as far as I see it.

I'm tired of seeing fans run down Jermaine & Joe & any other family member they feel in their over-opinionated minds isn't acting the way they think they should act.

Questioning why Jermaine would try to continue doing Michael's work in honor of him? Asking if he's trying to use this to promote himself & never thinking that this maybe his way of trying to get a grip on his grief by continuing in Michael's humanitarian legacy.

John Lucas

Thankyou!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I don't know why some fans do it johnlucas. I love the jacksons, I know they are human and they made mistakes and had their quarrels(just like any family, especially with 9 kids whew!) but they stuck together in the rough times for MJ and probably for other family member's rough times. I have no beef with any of them. I think some fans see MJ as a saint, almost god-like(he was very caring person, but he was human and made mistakes too). They want to somehow baby him and feel sorry for him. It amazes me how some(not all) just bash his family and don't give them any credit when they don't know what happened with the family first-hand. We might think we know MJ, but truth is none of us do, the family knows more about MJ than any of us ever will.

Last edited:
Anyone who doubts Michael's feelings for his family or the Jackson family loyalty should watch Michael's interview with Geraldo in 2005. Michael speaks of the ways he's like his father and talks about how his family is like any other family. It's beautiful.

Thankyou so much for this thread John Lucas! And I aggree completley. People need to lay off Michaels family. I think some fans get so obessed that they think that Michaels is theirs to protect...and they attack profusley anyone Michael has a clash with (including his family members). Its like they fail to realise that Michael is apart of Jackson FAMILY (he is not just Michael on his own, these are the ppl who influenced and shaped who he was)...His family is not perfect but then again neither is he! And he knows, loves and trusts them more than he ever would his fans.

If anyone bothers to follow the history of the Jackson family (and not just Michael or Janet) it would be quite obvious how close knit they are. No matter their arguments, fallouts and controversies they have been there for eachother in the end. And because of the unique circumstances in which they were raised they have formed an even closer bond then most families. They loved Michael unconditionally, just as he loved them and I'm sure he would not tolerate the way some ppl think they are defending him when they attack his family.

Sure La Toya, Jermaine amd Joseph have said negative things in the past but that was a LONG time ago...the family have moved on and forgotten. So I don't understand why some fans just can't let it go.

Some fans need to stop being so judgemental and learn a little respect.

I think the problem is that everybody is taking everything personal when it comes to Michael. The fans who never lived with and probably never even met him are behaving as if they knew/know everything that's going on with this man and his life.

I've seen comments here and elsewhere that make it seem as though Michael's own family are incapable of raising his children when he himself who they say they love so much is the product of that same family.

I'd like to see the person with the "perfect family" raise their hand so I can tell them they're lying.

We seem to forget that a family is made up of different people, but that's just what they are PEOPLE, with their own minds, their own desires and their own way of wanting to live.

We have no business to judge and say this one did this and that one did that when there are perhaps mountains of bones rattling in each and every one of our family's closets.

As for he's brothers and sisters, they will fight and make up as any normal group of siblings will do....what's the big deal with that?

Leave them alone and have respect for Michael's family because without them there would be no Michael.

:agree::yes::clapping:

The JACKSON FAMILY surrounded & comforted his kids at the private & public memorial. Paris buried her head in Janet's arms. Rebbie wiped her tears. Jermaine comforted Prince.

For all that mess she said about him back then, you never heard him badmouth her. NEVER. He & the whole family always said they were waiting for her to come back home to the family.

We later see Aunt LaToya & Daddy Michael with the kids shopping like one united family. We see her in family photos at Neverland. Like nothing ever came between them.

For that crap Jermaine said about him back then, you never heard Mike badmouth him. NEVER. They fought in private & patched up their differences by the time of the 1992 Jacksons miniseries. I remember a Jet Magazine from around 1992 showing all the Jacksons including Michael posing with their likenesses who were to portray them as the young Jackson 5. That was a Jermaine Jackson production by the way. A year later & it was water under the bridge.

By the time of the 1993 accusations, you saw Jermaine in steadfast support of the brother he lashed out against a couple of years earlier. When Michael was arrested in 2003 off the plane, you heard an FURIOUS IRATE Jermaine cuss live to CNN on air about how they will never get satisfaction. They got him in cuffs & got the picture but they better enjoy it because it won't last.

His name ain't Michael Michael. It's Michael JACKSON. Of the JACKSON Family. Of Katherine Scruse JACKSON and Joseph JACKSON.

He "knows" us but doesn't really KNOW us. We love him but it's a crazy kind of love. We are in awe of his persona & talent. We are in awe of his deeds & values. But we can't be there to quell his doubts & worries. We can't offer that personal support an inner circle does.

We will be no better than those employees who erect barriers between Michael & his family if we act like this. It needs to stop.

Fans need to stop running down Michael's family like they do. It's disrespectful. We don't know our place acting like that.
John Lucas

:agree::yes::clapping:

John Lucas

:yes::agree::clapping:

I agree with all the above posts! Particulary the parts in red..

I totally agree with you. Calling out his family is kinda embarrassing for me to read. To be honest though, you might as well be talking to a brick wall where some fans are concerned. It's sad.

I totally agree with you. Calling out his family is kinda embarrassing for me to read. To be honest though, you might as well be talking to a brick wall where some fans are concerned. It's sad.

OMG...it's insane.

I'm very surprised at some of what I'm reading and so I just stay away from it.

I'm not going to get caught up in the "hate train" that seems to be running through some of the threads on this board.

That's not what Michael was about and neither am I.

Jermaine talks about a family get-together this just past May when he sung Michael's song (Rebbie-recorded) Fly Away with him & enjoyed each other's company. Jermaine was heartbroken singing Michael's favorite song Smile at his memorial.

I have fallen out with my cousin a few times myself. Didn't talk to him for a year & another time a half-year. But in the end, this is my family & it's not right for us to fight. And now we're talking.

We as fans can't really be there as a personal one-on-one support. We are a collective who inspires him but we can't deal with the day to day troubles & happenings in his life. We are somewhat impersonal in truth. He "knows" us but doesn't really KNOW us. We love him but it's a crazy kind of love. We are in awe of his persona & talent. We are in awe of his deeds & values. But we can't be there to quell his doubts & worries. We can't offer that personal support an inner circle does.

John Lucas

John Lucas...

You

Are

The

Man

:)

:cheeky:

Johnlucas you make a great point, I personally don't hate on the Jackson Family because I don't see why I should.
I guess not everybody sees it that way..

Unlike a regular family, many things the Jacksons (or any other celebrity) did is public record. So some people dig up stuff that is long forgotten by the Jackson family and criticize it like it's something relevant to now. Or they think they know what a certain person feels about another and they have no idea what is going on. I especially see this when certain people like Joh'Vonnie are mentioned. Some fans trash people around Michael as well like Paris Hilton. She didn't do anything to Mike and he accepts her, so what say does a "fan" have in who Mike should be friends with because they don't like her lifestyle. Somebody even said that Lou Ferrigno was "sick" because he didn't help Mike gain weight & get clean. The implication that he's just another enabler.

Well, I think some fans need to vent out their frustration and it comes out as conspiracy theories for his death and citing the family never cared or whatever have you, but the thing about hindsight is that it's 20/20 and I promise you, if his family or even Dr. Murray, (Who I still think was in way over his head) could do it all over again, they would do things sooooo differently, even Papa Joe.

Whew! Let me tell you, I'd write a book on all the things I'd do differently, lol.

JL, good post.

John Lucas

Totally and 100% in agreeance. :clapping:

I find the over the top negative manner in which some people talk about LaToya simply disgusting, and the same goes for certain other members of the family depending on whoever the poster might have a negative opinion about. They talk as though they actually know these people on a personal level. In fact, they talk as if they know LaToya and co better than their own family does! "He should do this", "she shouldn't talk to that reporter", "this brother should tell that sister to shut up" or vice versa. I find it very arrogant for us to assume that we have the right to tell that family how they should behave, how they should deal with the grief they are feeling and what's the proper way to show respect for the memory of Michael. Especially since they themselves show so little respect for him themselves by constantly bashing the people he loved the most - his own family. Maybe a reminder of what MJ always used to say is not out of place here..."Don't judge someone until you have spoken to them one on one."

That doesn't mean that I don't think that folks don't have the right to voice an opinion, even if it's a negative or a critical one. I also have moments when I think, "LaToya honey, you shouldn't have said that" or "I don't think that I agree with Jermaine there." But there's a difference between being critical and outright bashing and ridiculing people. The attitude of some LaToya bashers reminds me a bit of school bullys. It all leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Yesterday on another thread I even threatened (or rather promised :)) to stop posting altogether after another onslaught on her character. A pity, because I'd like to think that I'm among friends here. Having said that, I don't enjoy having to defend (what was yesterday called) "my little idol" for her supposedly being this terrible person that I don't believe she is. I have enough crap to deal with in real life. I don't feel the need to add to it on an internet forum. (sorry had to get that of my chest ;) ).

It's quite sad actually how delusional MJ fans can be to bark on and on about the media exploiting MJ and disecting every little thing he does yet under the same breath belittle MJ's family (with the exception of Latoya)! Most even go as far to say that MJ is the only talented Jackson in the family! AHA!!!!!!!!

If anything I'm trying to support his family and telling people to leave the kids alone and stop speculating who their real father is. However I don't have a lot of good things to say about his father Joe. I believe he was one of the major reasons Michael was stressed out throughout his life with his father constantly sticking his nose into his business and trying to squeeze money out of his earnings. I read around that when Michael got other people to work for him his father wasn't very pleased with the idea and kept trying to barge his way into Michael's business and needed escorting out of the studios, and at one time was overheard by a fan yelling at him saying that he was broke and it was all Michael's fault. Although I do at least have a little respect for him for saying he'll stay out of his grandchildren's lives. I guess considering his history with the way he brought up his own children if he was to announce he'd be having his grandchildren take up music under his management there'd be a public outcry.

It's quite sad actually how delusional MJ fans can be to bark on and on about the media exploiting MJ and disecting every little thing he does yet under the same breath belittle MJ's family (with the exception of Latoya)! Most even go as far to say that MJ is the only talented Jackson in the family! AHA!!!!!!!!

Why with the exception of La Toya? I don't think ANY of mj's family should be judged or hated by MJ's fans. They are HIS family whom he loved. He forgave his sister long ago! What La Toya did over a decade (or more) ago is irrelevant now. And I don't think ppl should be judging how this family deals with the grief they are suffering from the loss of their brother! If they want to go to media let them! Geez. Ppl should lay off the Jackson Family! Particulary La Toya, Jermaine and Joe who seem to be on the recieving end of the most hate on this board. Get over it ppl, Michael was their family NOT ours.

the same reason some fans think mj is the messiah or think he can't do any wrong. it's all in how a person is and how they see things.

^ Sorry, but that's still no excuse. I guess that is why God saw fit for me NOT to be a Jackson (in relation) because I'd been on all these damn boards cussin' ya'll punk asses out with tha' quickness. LOL

^ Sorry, but that's still no excuse. I guess that is why God saw fit for me NOT to be a Jackson (in relation) because I'd been on all these damn boards cussin' ya'll punk asses out with tha' quickness. LOL

lol that is just too funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back