how does he get his hair so shiny?

by getting premium wigs :cheeky:

some of the photos are his real hair though and the answer is because he's michael joseph jackson! :smoothcriminal:

wat, so its a wig? it looks so natural tho

yup they are called lace wigs or something, beyonce has worn them too! but even his jheri curl style was shinnnyy, butt hats cos u have to keep it REAL:LY conditioned otherwise it breaks off :O try using a small abmount of olive oil

This probably sounds really naieve but i didn't know he wore wigs! I always thought his hair was.. his hair! haha

Very very expensive hair pieces and extensions! :D

Wish my extensions looked that shiney. See money cant buy happiness but you can buy incredibly sexy hair :D

Yeah, he wore a lot of wigs and hair pieces. They are gorgeous though. I've always wanted to know who made them. Excellent custom work.

Google "lace wigs" and you'll find out how they always looked so natural.

sorry to break it to you..but he does...and he had for the longest from what I know...

I doubt think he did. Especially up to his death.

Youve all got to get used to speaking in the past tense as well. I know its hard to get used to. But its 'did' now, rather than 'does'.

I doubt think he did. Especially up to his death.

Youve all got to get used to speaking in the past tense as well. I know its hard to get used to. But its 'did' now, rather than 'does'.

People will speak in whatever tense they like.

And Michael did wear a lacefront hairpiece for a while. It's blatantly obvious in some photos, especially the 2006 Guinness appearance. You can see the line going across his forehead.

im a girl and even i cant make my hair look this clean and shiny and perfect and slick and all in one place

sometimes wigs, hair extensions, pieces, are made a little TOO shiny in some cases, which can show their utter fakeness.
but i also assumed before it did look obvious in photos he had pieces on, i thought he relaxed his hair and it made it shine, which it can. or if he dyed some gray hair coming out, i always thought the fake dyed black hair shined a certain way in the light, compared to natural black color.

if your looking for shine, maybe those products made to help your hair shine would help? theres seems to be a hell of a lot on the market now. Google ,shiny hair, theres alot of tips. or get some of them fake pieces.

Jermaine is just shiny, period. Chris Rock said everytime he comes on TV he has to wipe the grease off the screen. :)

LOL.

OMG Michael is just beautiful.....I dont care if he wears wigs on that head of his.. He could be bald for all I care...lmao Thanks for posting these pics they are gorgeous.

i think in a lot of pictures his hair looked fake. how could that curly natural hair of his get so sleek and shiney and straight like that, that's what i always wondered.

either way they looked awesome, but i prefer his curly over everything :)

wat, so its a wig? it looks so natural tho

not a wig.:) ur not naive.

just because a person can't wrap their mind around something, doesn't mean it isn't so. Amazing hair.

but i ain't gettin into that, anymore with those who disagree with me . i'm tired.

Michael was blessed enough to be able to buy the best hair that money can buy :)

However, with the shiny hair question I can help as I'm training to be a hairdresser! Get your hair trimmed every six weeks, depending on your hair type (greasy, dry, normal etc) use the appropriate shampoo's and conditioners, eat a healthy diet! (yes that helps!) don't over use heat styling (straightening irons/ blow drying etc) and use heat protecting spray when you do. And serum or styling cream helps to add shine too :)

Lol @ Jermaine's hair comments, there's a fine line between shiney and greasy! :p

i think in a lot of pictures his hair looked fake. how could that curly natural hair of his get so sleek and shiney and straight like that, that's what i always wondered.

either way they looked awesome, but i prefer his curly over everything :)

Aaaab

Last edited:
It's called a relaxer and a straight iron.

that's right.

i believe that's his real hair.

but not just relaxer and a straight iron but also other hair cosmetics, like to keep it in place and stuff.

and plus how do we know Michael didn't just pay some amazing hair stylist to come over to his house and do his hair?? If I were him, that's what I would do.

another shiny tip is after u have washed ur hair and conditnored it,just run cold water over ur hair and that helps with shine i do that and my hair is shiny also dont hairdry all the time or straigten as it messes up ur hair and can make it dull also if u can try and leave the conditnor on ur hair for as long as u can,that makes it shiny also i normaly do that once a wk xxxx

i didn,t liked the straight hair/wig.
But it was shiny, his hair.......

i think the curly hair is his real own hair with some extensions, and so nice and shiny!

OMG YALL! Michael is 50 years old..what man do u know has a full head of hair at 50? Whats so bad about him wearing wigs? EVERYONE IN HOLLYWOOD WEARS A WIG! It's been stated that he wears hair pieces if i can find the link i'll post it...he's been wearing hair pieces since the 80's and that whole pepsi incident..

and i know im using present and not past tense with MJ but he's STILL with us! Just not in the physical form:) He will forever live

If that '84 Pepsi cola incident really damaged Michael's hair growth. I guess this means the skin grafts that he had undergone during the burn surgery must have left him permanently bald on the top center of his head, possibly greater.

I was having this conversation about Michael Jackson's hair with my older sister and brother inlaw who said Michael had been bald since his the Pepsi commercial accident.

I never really thought much about this before and now I look at his those years following that 1984 incident with greater wonder.

Didn't he go on a award ceremony and appeared on stage with LaToya right after that incident.

1985 We Are the World, must have been a hair/piece or wig, or could his hair have fully grown back in a year.

1986 His hair was still the same as before, a bit more loose. I'm thinking of the Captain EO movie.

1987 Bad video, in the full video that's in black and white his hair is short, but in the music video his hair is long. :better:

His straight hair looked like a wig to me, but I don't care - he looked damn good and that's all that matters!

I loved his hair when he would wear it curly and tied back in a ponytail, like in TWYMMF. :love:

I was never really a huge fan of the short, straight style, like in the YANA video, though. I mean, he still looked gorgeous, but I preferred the curls.

Actually his hair looked amazing here:

2eeh3c7.jpg

His straight hair looked like a wig to me, but I don't care - he looked damn good and that's all that matters!

I loved his hair when he would wear it curly and tied back in a ponytail, like in TWYMMF. :love:

I was never really a huge fan of the short, straight style, like in the YANA video, though. I mean, he still looked gorgeous, but I preferred the curls.

Actually his hair looked amazing here:

2eeh3c7.jpg

^he looked amazing there. I love the curly hair tied back in a ponytail. I also think the short curly style he sported at the 1995 VMAs looked really good. he was sexeh that night!!

Back