La Toya Jackson 2009 (statement addressing rumours)

libsta81

Proud Member
Here is a statement and interview given by La Toya yesterday at AIDS Project LA...not only does she speak about the importance of the work done by AIDS project LA but also about how the family is coping, her reasons for releasing 'home' when she did and the importance of Michaels legacy as a humanitarian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8al3gd1PkU (PART 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSZWPAg4FKI (PART 2)

Here is a snippet of what she says:
"This period is very difficult for all of us..you just don't want to believe it..so you try to do the best you can by feeling his love and doing something that he would want you to do...my brother is in the guiness world book of records for donating to the most charities in the world...awareness needs to be brought to this..every little bit of donation helps..we need to give what we can..nobody knew but Michael was donating to this organisation (AIDS project LA) for over 10 years...I would like to continue that work...

...my record company was pushing for me to release my new music but I didn't think it was an appropriate time (it is a very touchy moment for us we are all still in mourning)...so i said the only way I would release music was if I could release 'Home' instead and have all the proceeds got to one Michaels charites (AIDS Project LA).

Here is another interview where she addresses her priorities at the moment, her mother (and the rest of the Jackson clan) and rumours of her being on 'dancing with the stars' and 'American Idol'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyLwWJEaBV0

(on dancing with the stars: I've been approached but I won't do it because of the current cicumstances (Michaels death)...its just really difficult to believe what happened..its hearbreaking...its a tragedy...it really is..

I am still more focused on trying to find out more about what happened to my brother...that is the most important thing for me right now...but I do love that show, me and my mother watch it all the time! She has been so sad but she perked up when she heard the rumor that I was going to be on there! She loves that show..

Last edited:
I'm proud of what La Toya and Jermaine are doing. They are coping with his passing by trying to continue to help others like MJ did. My prayers are with the Jackson family.

Good job, LaToya - Mike would have been proud of you :hug:

Thanks for posting Libsta81

ugh just someone wanting to hate. she's doing something to benefit a charity that was near and dear to mj's heart. it's more than i can say for la juan

Hahaha Mr. Grease! Everyone is always tryin to downplay Toy like she's nothing and nobody. When will folks wake up and start thinking for themselves and stop going off what others say?

omg ur siggy....me at ave b wollyworld. ew! and portia's ass, never takes a b ad picture

people will ASS u me cuz they don't know

huh? Speak english to me! lol

Ur hair was sooo cute braided...the skills of I have lol jk. Lemme blow on ur scalp!

I'm proud of what La Toya and Jermaine are doing. They are coping with his passing by trying to continue to help others like MJ did. My prayers are with the Jackson family.

and that's the best thing anyone can do in Michael's name family fans it doesn't matter who, that's where Michael's heart was

huh? Speak english to me! lol

Ur hair was sooo cute braided...the skills of I have lol jk. Lemme blow on ur scalp!
u know damn well i speak jacksonese! lol

omg if u blow on my part, i'll rub ur arm! and i remember taht damn picture...my hand. thank god u don't have the one u 'altered' lol shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

and i like toy. leave qom's boo boo alone

La Toya will be doing an hour-long interview on Friday, September 11 with ABC's Barbara Walters. It will air on 20/20 at 10:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time.

Source: Church of La Toya

Sad how you agree with her antics :lol:

La Toya is doing nothing wrong. I think it's sad that you are blinded by hate that you would find a negative spin to put on everything she does. If u don't like her than fair enough. But there is no reason to go on every la Toya related thread just to put her down. If u don't like her then ignore her.

what do u mean? I don't think she is saying anything bad...

Why do you think that I ment it in a bad way??? I ment that I am speechless because she is doing something Michael would of loved.!!!! Please dont be so ready to judge people in the negative.

Why do you think that I ment it in a bad way??? I ment that I am speechless because she is doing something Michael would of loved.!!!! Please dont be so ready to judge people in the negative.

I am sorry. I am so used to reading negative comments about la Toya that I jumped to the wrong conclusion about what you said. I apologise.

She should be respected for doing Michael proud. Geez...what's with the hating?

La Toya is doing nothing wrong. I think it's sad that you are blinded by hate that you would find a negative spin to put on everything she does. If u don't like her than fair enough. But there is no reason to go on every la Toya related thread just to put her down. If u don't like her then ignore her.

Aha! Crazy!!

Back