Paranoia about controlling your thoughts.

Grand Master S

Proud Member
I've had this problem for years, and it's probably better suited for a therapist, but ah well.

Those of you who believe in God and an afterlife and have lost a family member or loved one, do you ever think about if you're being watched when you don't want to be watched? More specifically, I'm sometimes disturbed by the idea that someone could be reading my thoughts and get the wrong idea about me with the human brain being as clustered and random as it is. Then I'll try to control my thoughts because of said paranoia, which only results in the negative thoughts appearing more often because I'm making a big deal out of them. And I'm referring to **** like murder which I obviously have no genuine interest in, but then I'm like, "what if so and so dead person invades my mind and thinks I'm this or that?"

Yeah, I realize that this is a weird ass thing to care about lol. Anyone else ever ponder crazy **** like that?

You aren't crazy, I think it goes through a lot of people's minds but they don't say anything because people do think it's 'weird' and it is so taboo to talk about things like that.

I have thoughts like that sometimes...it's like you know that you shouldn't think them, so you think them even more LOL It's crazy! I have also wondered if there aren't people out there who can read minds and stuff...and if they know what I am thinking. LOL Our imaginations are incredible!

it's like you know that you shouldn't think them, so you think them even more LOL It's crazy!

Exactly! If I hear about a horrible crime, I'll visualize it without meaning to and then that image will replay randomly just because I'm trying to force myself to stop. And then I'm like, "calm down. It's not like you're the one who did that... but what if I did do that?? Ahh now I'm thinking about myself doing awful things!" It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. All it takes is one second of your thoughts steering in the wrong direction to **** them up for a long time.

But, I guess if there are legit mind-readers afoot, they've realized by now that everybody does it lol.

Exactly! If I hear about a horrible crime, I'll visualize it without meaning to and then that image will replay randomly just because I'm trying to force myself to stop. And then I'm like, "calm down. It's not like you're the one who did that... but what if I did do that?? Ahh now I'm thinking about myself doing awful things!" It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. All it takes is one second of your thoughts steering in the wrong direction to **** them up for a long time.

But, I guess if there are legit mind-readers afoot, they've realized by now that everybody does it lol.

haha you are soo not the only one who does that, and it makes me feel better to know im not the only one was well LOL!

oh I think about this stuff all the time. I have OCD, its more so controlled by the obsessions part of it. When I have a thought run through my mind its frusterating because I cannot stop thinking about it. Im obsessed with the fear of death and dying. I think about it alot now after what happened. My attacks have been very severe and triggered by all the environmental stressors lately.

I'm confused what's this about? about people reading our minds or about having bad thoughts?

I've had this problem for years, and it's probably better suited for a therapist, but ah well.

Those of you who believe in God and an afterlife and have lost a family member or loved one, do you ever think about if you're being watched when you don't want to be watched? More specifically, I'm sometimes disturbed by the idea that someone could be reading my thoughts and get the wrong idea about me with the human brain being as clustered and random as it is. Then I'll try to control my thoughts because of said paranoia, which only results in the negative thoughts appearing more often because I'm making a big deal out of them. And I'm referring to **** like murder which I obviously have no genuine interest in, but then I'm like, "what if so and so dead person invades my mind and thinks I'm this or that?"

Yeah, I realize that this is a weird ass thing to care about lol. Anyone else ever ponder crazy **** like that?

I know what you mean. Everyone gets those thoughts though (even if they don't admit it) 'It's Human Nature' as one might say. Don't worry though, mind readers/spirits etc will be well aware that they are just thoughts and nothing more - because they get them too! :)

oh I think about this stuff all the time. I have OCD, its more so controlled by the obsessions part of it. When I have a thought run through my mind its frusterating because I cannot stop thinking about it. Im obsessed with the fear of death and dying. I think about it alot now after what happened. My attacks have been very severe and triggered by all the environmental stressors lately.

Wow, I literally feel like you were reading my mind then lol.
I too have the same problem, the thing for me though is that I usually have senses about things, or I'll have dreams that will come true sometimes or I'll predict something random, sometimes something big or sometimes something small that will actually happen.
I worry about people I love the most dieing and my dog, or even dieing myself. And now I've lost my idol and the biggest love of my life...it makes it even harder to not worry about these things.
It's weird because I know I am sane. And I'm saner than most people. lol.
I know alot about physcology and I pretty much know myself inside out.
But I think it's just human to have fears about death or the people and/or pets you love most dieing. But there are times where sometimes it can become a constant or underlying fear if you let it and it becomes stressful.

At the same time, I get many good vibrations, I'm a very positive and happy person and I attract positive energies, I usually know how to rationalize and understand my thoughts, but can also be dragged down by negative energies. I can't watch the news and I hate reading about murders etc. I think most people experience things like this or similar things if they really think about it. But it all comes down to how sensitive you are, sensitive or creative souls are usually stressed by things like this.
Some people just block it out or toughen up.
I've learnt to 'see through' the thought if that makes sense?
You just stop yourself and actually see the truth in it. Try to calm down and rationalize the thought. Be strong in who you are.
Also, avoid these things causing you stress, ofcourse you can't ever fully avoid them but try and surround yourself with the things you love and positivity.
Everybody has nuances or paranoias, alot of them just don't want to admit it and it's usually funny when you eventually mention it to someone and find out they have the same or similar paranoia.
One funny thing I remember is I used to think sometimes the eyes in my posters on my walls could see me when I was younger and I remember alot of people I told also used to think that and I've heard many people say similar things lol.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. Everyone gets those thoughts though (even if they don't admit it) 'It's Human Nature' as one might say. Don't worry though, mind readers/spirits etc will be well aware that they are just thoughts and nothing more - because they get them too! :)

Exactly! And if they're mind readers, they'd know by now that everybody does it and they'd be judging everybody if they were judging you.
Plus, they usually have to deal with alot of awful thoughts too because they're taking on so many people energies and thoughts at once.
Your mind is like a filter, I guess. You just have to learn to filter through and attract majority of positive thoughts to outweigh the bad ones.

Usually if you have a bad thought about a murder or something, like you mention Grand Master S, it would most probably be coming based from something you've already read, seen, heard. It doesn't mean you're evil or would ever have the capability of doing something like that. And the fact that it shocks you or stresses you out, that's a sign it's something you don't think is normal or would do, if that makes sense?
The mind is a VERY powerful thing, and just as you can use positive affirmations and thoughts to achieve goals and create things, or use your imagination to create pretty much anything, you can also get caught up in your imaginations and go somewhere you might not want to go.

Yeah I suffer intrusive thoughts. It can be really horrible but what you have to remember is you are not a bad person because you know these thoughts are bad. If the thoughts made you happy that would be a different story. With me its like I imagine myself doing the worst things possible. At one point It made me think I was a bad person, but then I realised if I was bad these thoughts wouldn't upset or disgust me, they would make me happy, so I'm not a bad person at all.

God understands humans, He can tell whether you really mean something or not. He knows we are imperfect and He loves us regardless.

its not crazy and lots of people suffer from the what if? scenario from intrusive thoughts. i remember years ago my grandma died and i used to be paranoid in the shower cause i thought oh god what if she can see?

other times i have been reading about murders and i sometimes think what if the person im reading about can hear my thoughts and ill feel really nervous because ill be like i hope what im thinking is private.

i dont really believe in god and all that (mainly cause of whats in the bible is an interpretation and been handed down through generations and because nobody i ever loved came back from the dead in spirit form or other) but sometimes i think maybe there could be something out there, both good and bad and i remember my grandma always told me 'be mindful of your thoughts. lest someone hear them' its probably why i became so paranoid when she died

Thanks for the answers, guys!

I bet criminal investigators have developed some of the most disturbed minds through the years.

I haven't read all the posts here, just the first. (running low on time) I just wanted to point something out. If there is anything or anyone out there that can read minds, they would most likely fully know human nature due to observation of thoughts of others, and the thoughts that seemingly come out of no where that we would be ashamed about if we were to voice them to anyone. So I wouldn't worry about it. If anyone can read minds, they know that we aren't perfect. They'd have to understand that sometimes we have weird thoughts or thoughts we'd rather not have.

Sometimes when I'm fully aware of God knowing me inside and out, and if I do something or think something that probably isn't wholesome.. maybe even naughty, well I ask for forgiveness and move on.

edit: I just quickly glanced up and see that my point here was already made by others.

Can you imagine having that ability though? It would drive me crazy. Cause not only would you have to learn to filter your own thoughts, but you'd have to learn to filter other peoples the same way. If you were aware of their far out awful thoughts and were shocked at them, and judged them on that, then you'd never get to know anyone. Hmm.. get's me thinking. Poor God. lol

Occasionally I have those sort of thoughts too!!

MJstarlight, I don't mean to be personal, but are intrusive thoughts and thoughts about death your main OCD? It's just that I used to have OCD when I was younger, I have slowly trained myself to grow out of it, but my greatest fear was spiders at the time. I used to do some CRAZY stuff too, I thought I was going mental seriously. I used to walk into the bathroom even, turn the tap off, and then have to 'check' whether it was off or not. And then even though I'd checked I'd have to check again and again. It's like I couldn't even trust myself.

I'm so thankful I have 'trained' myself out of all that though. Sometimes I still get it a little, but they were such stupid, petty little things I became more rationalised.

I always feel like somebody's watching me.

And I have no privacy.

Back