Michael Jackson Exhibition To Debut In London

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
FIRST PUBLISHED: August 24, 2009 9:55 AM EDT
LAST UPDATED: August 24, 2009 10:00 AM EDT

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --

Fans of The King Of Pop will get a chance to lay their eyes on some of Michael Jackson’s most prized possessions in a planned exhibit.

Arts and Exhibitions International (AEI) has reached an agreement with John Branca and John McClain, the co-Special Administrators of Michael Jackson’s estate, to develop a touring exhibition of personal effects and items from his legendary music career. The exhibition is scheduled to open at The O2 in London this fall.

“In putting together this project, selecting an exhibition company to entrust with carrying on Michael’s legacy with dignity and respect was of the utmost importance to us. We feel we have chosen the right partner for this venture with Arts and Exhibitions International,” said Messrs, McClain and Branca in a statement released to Access.

“As a premier exhibitions company, this will be one of the most momentous projects in our history because Michael Jackson meant so much to so many. We are honored to have a role in celebrating Michael Jackson’s artistry and the place he holds in our hearts,” said John Norman, president of Arts and Exhibitions International. “As we begin to develop the exhibition, we recognize that we carry a considerable responsibility to Michael Jackson’s family and fans in helping his legacy live on. We will work with those close to him to develop a meaningful experience that reflects his immeasurable talent and spirit.”

Further details and venues will be announced in coming months. More information about AEI is available at www.artsandexhibitions.com.

Copyright 2009 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
http://www.accesshollywood.com/michael-jackson-exhibition-to-debut-in-london_article_22049

Last edited:
Is there nothing people wont do to cash in on michael! :( Im just waiting for the tours of neverland to start! Im gettin sick off it to be honest! Why not do this while he was alive!
You sell better when you're dead... :(
I'll probably be going but with mixed emotions...

I think its a great opportunity for all the fans ..., nothing weird...

And... what more can you expect after Michaels death? At least its about Michaels legacy and general public can see this... and media can spread this legacy instead of the Londons gigs... that will never be realized....

I think its a great opportunity for all the fans ..., nothing weird...

And... what more can you expect after Michaels death? At least its about Michaels legacy and general public can see this... and media can spread this legacy instead of the Londons gigs... that will never be realized....

Hmm i agree its a great opportunity for all the fans but i really don't like how everyone is making money out of him even now that hes gone. I'm not liking this one bit and i'm sure i'm not the only one. Its making me feel pretty sick.

Well, I'll be there. I really want to go. It will be sad in a big way, going to London, to the O2, in 2009 to see things instead of the man, but I appreciate having this opportunity to be near to "him" in this small way. Not only for the sentimental value of knowing he wore and/or touched this or that, but also to actually see the things in person. I just wish it would be more than 3 cities. Many people will live too far away from the 3. As far as people making money... well, it's true that someone's got to handle it all and promote it, someone's got to transport the stuff, guard the stuff, it has to be held in a place, people will be working at that place, we'll be using transportation to get to the place, on and on. People/companies will be making money. But so will the estate :)

Ok, so is this the 'contents of Neverland up for auction' 'auction cancelled at the last minute' then 'contents of Neverland to become Michael Jackson museum' exhibits?

Or some other exhibits?

(It struck me as odd that the Neverland contents were due to go into a museum back in April/May 2009!!!)

I will travel down to London for this.I still havn't been to the o2.I thought about going down for opening night but I couldn't get there plus I was too distraught.
I have been thinking of getting down for Michaels Birthday but I'm not going to be able to make it down for that either.
This will be the perfect oppotunity for me.I think it will be very popular.At least fans will now have somewhere to go.
I know my two boys are looking forward to it not as much as they were in seeing Michael of course.

As long as they see the hat and glove they will be happy :)

AWESOME.
I hope this is at a time i will be able to go.
wonder when we will have more information

Anything for the estate, but if Branca and McClain says in days to come that the estate is bankrupt, I would not like this one bit..

:clapping:I love this idea. In fact, I think Michael may have started this before he died. I just saw a documentary on how they did the traveling King Tut exhibits and boy are they meticulous about the care and preservation of those objects! Those are some very precious irreplaceable treasures and it gives people the opportunity to see these things up close and yet the items are all in these safe cases. There are two types of tours you can buy. the audio tour, which comes with a scripted dialog that goes with each exhibited piece or the regular tour where you just walk around at your own pace. That exibit is HUGE! They have to rebuild an entire set from the stone floor to the sophisticated lighting system every 6 months when they moved it to another city. It was truly amazing. They had the Egyptian officials there at the uncrating and crating of each item with photographs comparing them to make sure there was no damage during shipping and they had mainly the one guy who handled each piece with gloves so they weren't touched by human hands and the security was very tight at all times. This is how I would like for Michael's exhibit to go.
I just hope it comes to my city or nearby, like Kansas City. :yes:

I dunoo..

I dunno if i want to go to stare at his clothes or whatever. His material possessions mean nothing to me.
Michael meant everything.

I dunoo..

I dunno if i want to go to stare at his clothes or whatever. His material possessions mean nothing to me.
Michael meant everything.

I agree..I would probably would have just gone down if this happened before losing him..but being at the o2 too.I'll leave it..i got a txt today and pre sale tickets are on tomorrow.

Ok, so is this the 'contents of Neverland up for auction' 'auction cancelled at the last minute' then 'contents of Neverland to become Michael Jackson museum' exhibits?

Or some other exhibits?

(It struck me as odd that the Neverland contents were due to go into a museum back in April/May 2009!!!)

The article says "personal effects and items from his legendary music career." So it could be the contents from that cancelled auction or the cancelled auction + new items.

I knew London would be one of the three cities. Any guesses on the other 2?

Is the tour going to be only in the UK? If not, LA would be one guess. For other places; Miami, NY and Paris.

I'm still dreaming of a permanent MJ museum.

The article says "personal effects and items from his legendary music career." So it could be the contents from that cancelled auction or the cancelled auction + new items.

Is the tour going to be only in the UK? If not, LA would be one guess. For other places; Miami, NY and Paris.

I'm still dreaming of a permanent MJ museum.

They should set up a museum in Gary Indiana bc thats not too far from me. I really hope so. I'd also like to be able to visit Neverland someday. :angel:

Price of exhibition tickets!

I searched but couldn't find an answer... maybe be because i cant spell! If so sorry!! :D
But does anyone know how much they cost?
Thanks

Ohh, I want to go so badly... but I live all the way up in little Norway and I doubt I'll have the money to go to London, let alone the US :(

They should set up a museum in Gary Indiana bc thats not too far from me. I really hope so. I'd also like to be able to visit Neverland someday. :angel:

I know I read that the mayor of Gary said that they are going to have a Jackson family museum (mabye at 2300 Jackson St?). But details other than that, I dunno...I don't think they'll have his stuff like this exhibition will.

I'm still dreaming of a super high tech MJ museum w/ his awards & personal effects. Also with interactive exhibits & with his concerts playing like the auction did.

Back