Book a screening of This Is It for mjjcommunity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIDEWALK

Proud Member
This Is It - The Movie, Its going to be a movie full of emotions, excitement, shock, laughter, happiness and sadness.

Why don't we share those emotions together?

I was thinking, would it be possible to book a cinema screening in London (or another place) for the This Is It movie?

We could have a get together before hand then head to the cinema together and watch the movie.

Am I being a little bit ambitious or is this possible?

I'd like to hear your thoughts . . . . .

:)

Last edited:
Re: Could we rent a cinema for This Is It - The Movie

I want to see this with a cinema full of true MJ fans, surely there must be a way of us booking out a screening in London? Could a senior admin approach one of the west end cinemas with this idea? As long as the cinema sell their tickets then I'm sure they don't care who goes, might also be a nice publicity thing for them if the 1st showing is for MJJC members only?

This Is It - The Movie, Its going to be a movie full of emotions, excitement, shock, laughter, happiness and sadness.

We don't we share those emotions together?

I was thinking, would it be possible to rent a cinema in London (or any other place) for the This Is It movie?

We could have a get together before hand then head to the cinema together and watch the movie.

Am I being a little bit ambitious or is this possible?

I'd like to hear your thoughts . . . . .

It is very possible to do that. All you need to do is ensure enough people attend and pay their part towards to cost of it all.

I would imagine that the day and time make a difference in the cost. I.e. a weekday evening or a Sunday morning is far cheaper than a Saturday night for instance.

A few years ago I went to an industry screening for the 25th anniversary for Grease. The atmosphere was amazing and the whole crowd stood and applauded after every song. It was an amazing night. Can you imagine how it would be for This Is It?

kind of good idea :) would they give it to us? surely the cinemas are expecting sold out seats

I dont think you would need to...this is going to be huge..I am confident most of the cinemas will show this in the majority of their rooms with special screening times so I think any cinema will become MJ Cinema for these 2 weeks..
The demand is going to be big enough to keep the staff doing overtime like crazy...

I dont think you would need to...this is going to be huge..I am confident most of the cinemas will show this in the majority of their rooms with special screening times so I think any cinema will become MJ Cinema for these 2 weeks..
The demand is going to be big enough to keep the staff doing overtime like crazy...

I don't think anyone is disputing the fact that it will be shown across the country. I want to see this with fans, not just people that are curious, I want to feel safe and free from ridicule and laugh/cheer/cry/sing/dance with the fans that loved him - you guys.

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies guys :)

Like Redridinghood was saying 'This Is It' will be so popular, its going to sell out no doubt!

But wouldn't it be extra special if you knew you were in the company of genuine fans off a fan board like this? Where you can sing along out loud or get up and dance without being looked at like a freak lol

please reply if you're interested or have an idea . . . .

That's a great idea, I'd definitely be up for it.

I would love to do that, especially if it was in London, I live so close. Dunno about the dates though, I have school :p

woop woop! two more :)

Michaels.Art.Nouveau suggested starting a Facebook Group. I think its a great idea!

this is a great idea, i dont want to go with a load of chavs shouting offensive stuff and throwing popcorn at the screen!

wow, that's a great idea???
And why not possible, it's possible to do it.
well, all of MJ fans watched movie in the cinema together, what a wonderful things.
i definitely support it.

Oh I love this idea! I was thinking about it too...don't want to watch this movie just that easily like 'going to the cinema' and with people who are just watching it because it's a movie.
I want it to be special, share it with other fans, be together.:yes:

Thanks for the suggestion :)

There is well over a hundred cinemas in London we can check out(http://www.londonnet.co.uk/cinema/index.html

But I was thinking, is this film in 3D? does that mean it has to be a special sort of cinema?

yeah they are many more cinemas but that ODEON is THE biggest..along with the imax cinema at Waterloo...but it would be awesome if all of us go to this ODEON. imagine we'll all be singing and reacting to Michael..it'll be like a concert!

there's really no reason why this can't be organised, but it needs to be done by a group as individuals wouldn't be able to book that amount of tickets (unless they have a huge bank balance!) If we could pay for the tickets first then maybe Gaz or someone else here could organise this maybe?

Thanks Jan for that info :)

Totally agree with you Redridinghood, getting Gaz on board would be the best way forward, I'll write an email to him later.

Do you think we should start a Facebook page, to see how much interest there is for this?

I reckon we would get enough to pack out a cinema just from here, I'd rather not go out to facebook to be honest

I reckon we would get enough to pack out a cinema just from here, I'd rather not go out to facebook to be honest

If we can get enough people from here then you're right, there would be no need to go on facebook.

madbdamj, lovin' the positive attitude!

This would be great :) I have to say I am not looking forward to being poked fun at for crying during it, as I know I will be crying :(

I wanna try organise an event for Perth fans.

For MJ's 50th, a MASSIVE crowd came to watch the Bucharest show at the cinemas, it will be even bigger if TII was screened in advance here.

For MJ's 50th, a MASSIVE crowd came to watch the Bucharest show at the cinemas, it will be even bigger if TII was screened in advance here.

Oooh!!!!!!! I'll come!

I live 3 hours south of Perth...but I'll come :)

I think it's very important for all of us in each country to try and arrange a trip together, I really think that we will feel a whole range of emotions and we need to support each other and enjoy this together, to make it really special.

Awwww, wish I was in London :(

I'm going to have to see it on my lonesome!

:( that sucks.

see if someones willing to do something like this near you!

Dont put it on facebook! It will be ruined, trust me! I am soooooooooo up 4 this!! xxxx

Yay! :)
I don't think we'll go down the route of putting it on facebook if we can manage to get enough fans from here to attend.

This would be great :) I have to say I am not looking forward to being poked fun at for crying during it, as I know I will be crying :(

If this event takes place & you can make it, you definitely won't be laughed at :) I hope the atmosphere will be like that of a live concert. Thats the aim!

Great idea! best of luck to you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back