Official video for La Toya's song "Home"

i didn't care for the video (i would have prefered a montage of michael or something)...until the end :cry:

thanks for posting.

the above website calls her the queen of pop :bugeyed :mello:

Aww..how people find the strength to go on after such a loss is amazing to me.

I really liked the idea of the black and white and colour contrast. Toya looked beautiful as always...and having that little girl represent child-hood was sweet.

I imagine everyone in that family is trying harder than they can do remember the good times....Michael was such an amazing force in their lives.

May his music, inspiration and love live on in all of us forever.

If you live in the US or UK this video is available on itunes for download (all proceeds go towards the charity AIDS LA). So if you want to do your bit for charity I suggest you go buy it.

I just saw it and I loved the video! There were alot of subtle references to Michael including his 'song writing tree' at neverland (as shown in the Bashir documentary) she also referenced alot of his dance moves! And the bit at the end with her message to Michael was very touching. I would have liked to have seen the rest of her family included in it somehow (since the song is about them too) I wish there was a cameo appearance by them or at least photos of them as children or something...but other than that it was good.

I think it's beautiful video and I just love the song.. She looks like Janet when she swings on that swing. :)

Yes that was her nickname for him. According to her Michael was known in their family to always play practical jokes on people :)

:) Thanks. Did Michael have a nickname for LaToya?

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I can't trust Latoya after what she did to Michael in 1993.

It kind of evoked an indirect feeling of Neverland to me, with the "tree" and small "lake". Was actually visually calming to me, and the song is meant to be reflective supposedly, but I've always been kind of wishy-washy about Latoya's "singing", not bad but not especially outstanding either. jmo.

I liked it :) Some rude comments underneath it on youtube though :\
I seldom bother reading youtube comments. But since it's not moderated and everyone can post whatever nonsense he or she likes I guess it's an ideal place to find out what human nature is really like. Needless to say it's not a pretty picture.

I think the song is ok, I'm sure it's heartfeld, I like the video and I think LaToya looks beautiful.

PS: Sorry to spoil the fun, but not everyone is a LaToya hater.

I like the song and the video.
I know La Toya made a big, big mistake, but she is sorry about it.

I sitll can't make up my mind about La Toya. I want to believe in her good intentions, but the video seems to be more about her than about her brother... or is it just my impression...?
:no:

I sitll can't make up my mind about La Toya. I want to believe in her good intentions, but he video seems to be more about her than about her brother... or is it just my impression...?
I'm sure that if the video had been full of MJ footage that reactions would have been even meaner than they are now. The truth is that many people (not necessarily you) have made up their minds not to like anything she does, no matter what it is.

I'm sure that if the video had been full of MJ footage that reactions would have been even meaner than they are now. The truth is that many people (not necessarily you) have made up their minds not to like anything she does, no matter what it is.

not true...its just all about timing...im all down for a tribute but i didnt hear nothing of her doing any new music before MJ passed...just doesnt seem sincere and this just like everything else just seems like an attempt to capitalize...im in the music business so i know how people think in the industry..brother or not

will always have respect for latoya tho :)

not true...its just all about timing...im all down for a tribute but i didnt hear nothing of her doing any new music before MJ passed...
This is not new music. She recorded this song several years ago. Normally they would have released a different tune as a single but LaToya suggested this one which she thought was more appropriate in view of what has happened. Proceeds (if there are any) will go to charity.

Aww..how people find the strength to go on after such a loss is amazing to me.

I really liked the idea of the black and white and colour contrast. Toya looked beautiful as always...and having that little girl represent child-hood was sweet.

I imagine everyone in that family is trying harder than they can do remember the good times....Michael was such an amazing force in their lives.

May his music, inspiration and love live on in all of us forever.

i swear to god , ur words are too touching and made me cry =((((

special thanks for the poster of this topic as well, because he made my day " i feel im experiencing my childhood with this great video

I sitll can't make up my mind about La Toya. I want to believe in her good intentions, but the video seems to be more about her than about her brother... or is it just my impression...?

This is an old song (written around 2002 and leaked around 2005) It was originally written about her childhood and her ENTIRE family (not just michael)...the song is dedicated to him but it is not specifically about him (apart for one line of the song where she says "Joker (Michael), I missed you too, and all the fun we had..never parted a day until we went our seperate ways"...

and knowing the La Toya haters it would have been even worse had she made the clip only about Michael coz ppl would say that she was trying to exploit him or something along those lines...

not true...its just all about timing...im all down for a tribute but i didnt hear nothing of her doing any new music before MJ passed...just doesnt seem sincere and this just like everything else just seems like an attempt to capitalize...im in the music business so i know how people think in the industry..brother or not

will always have respect for latoya tho :)

The timing would seem bad only to those who had no clue what she had been doing with her career leading up to the release of "Home". If you knew about her new album "Startin Over" (which was announced LONG before Michaels death) you would know that she had always planned to release a single around June. All the promotion she did at the start of the year with 'Celebrity Big Brother UK' was leading up to the release of "Startin Over".

She released a statement back in February I believe saying that she would release a new single in mid 2009 titled "Love, Honour and Obey". The single was understandably delayed, owing to her brothers death. She was still under contract however, to release a single at the end of June. She has said that she felt that releasing "Love, Honour and Obey" would be insensitive in light of Michales death. So she suggested the release of an old song (written 2002 and leaked 2005) called "Home" which she would dedicate to her brother. She also insisted that all proceeds from the sale of the track and the video would go to Project AIDS LA (A charity Michael had been supporting for over 10 years)..

Back