Do You Guys Think MJ Was Truly Happy?

Cinnamon234

Proud Member
Do you think he was finally happy towards the end of his life? 'Cause that's something that makes me so sad and emotional when I think of how hurt he was and how much he suffered. I hate how Michael was ridiculed and treated as less than human by many. I feel so hurt for him.

I am so glad he had kids though. They brought him so much happiness and really gave him a purpose more than ever for living. I wonder if he ever found everything he was looking for in life though? He accomplished so much in his lifetime, more than most people, but sometimes it's the little things that really matter. I wonder if he ever truly found love? Was he really happy? He suffered so much and it just upsets me. I so hope he found some kind of peace and happiness at the end.

i think of an article about him .it saids "his heart has broken a long time ago":(
i watched his unauthorized interview with latoya (in the thriller era i think??)
that really breaks my heart.....he was so happy in that interview:cry:
you can really tell that he didn't seem as happy as he was since the first allegation charge. now he is murdered by those greedy people...

although his kids,family and fans can bring him joy
deep inside i don't think he was truly happy..how much one can take?
it just..too much

Last edited:
Those closest to him have said that he died in 1993 following the accusations. He never fully got over the humilation.

Poor poor thing. It's such a tragic life he led. So much pain for one man.

He appeared to be happy, because he had his children, his world. But evertime I look at his eyes, I see the sadness :(

I think he was happy before 1993 but I don't know if he truly has been happy all his life, with his childhood and stuff.
Because he wanted to play like other kids of his own age do but he needed to rehears for performances and so on, so I think for a kid he must not have been happy with that all the time.
I think he only could find pure happiness in children and animals and his family and the things that made him happy but to say if he was truly happy I can't say that :(

I really dont know :no: I always wished he was happy. When I saw him at the press conference he just seemed so happy... happy to get back on the stage he loved so much. I believe his children made him happy too. They were everything to him.

Sigh. :(

I think that his kids brought him that happiness that he never get to had... but... I don't know... something inside of me... tells me that he felt so lonely...
I do know that he was happy for his come back... that's for sure... so in his last days he was dancing and singing... Oh my... this is so unfair.

I don't know but I if he ever came close to the emotion I'm sure it was when he was around his children. At least I hope so.

John Lucas

I really hope so, but I think a part of him died -93. I don't think you'll ever recover 100% after something like that.

hmmm. I think something definitely broke inside of him after those first allegations. But definitely his kids brought so much back to him, that I believe he was truly happy since they were born. However, one thing I always remember is that he always said he was only really happy onstage, and that offstage he felt awkward. And he hadn't been onstage much at all in the last years........ :(
so I don't think there's a simple answer to that question...

That's one of the things that hurts me most too... just all the crap he had to deal with, especially the last few years. How someone so genuinely good can be so degraded and ridiculed. It pains me so much that he only tried to help, and was subjected to such disgusting behaviour.

But really, who in this world is truly 110% happy? I don't think anyone is. I think given the circumstances, Michael was very happy toward the end of his life. I really believe this. He was freed of all charges, and his kids and fans ALWAYS kept him going. If anything, I'm glad he passed away knowing that he could still sell out 50 shows. That must have made him feel really good inside - to know he still had it.

this is why grieving for Michael is so hard to bear..........cos all he did was care for us........his world.his planet..........his children.........his family including his extended family.....us his true fans.......:(

He was a very strong man..........stronger than I'll ever be.......

Shrewd business man!!! That makes me smile with pride...........many speak of his music, dance, even poems and stories.......but he out bid Sir Paul........

He strived and worked hard all his days...........just hope he knew how much he was loved when he finally went to his grave.....:unsure:

I guess, he was happy. Thanks God he had kids who gave him true unconditional love. It makes me sad to think what he suffered through starting from 1993. I watched "Michael talks to Oprah" yesterday and it made me realize more clearly how cruel the world was to Michael. He always wanted to be understood, to express himself, the way he felt for children, for the world around him, he was eager to bring his message throughout the world. No matter how many times he was mistreated my media and people around him, Michael was open to people. So, to my mind, he was both very wounded and happy at the same time... I think, when you know what pain and loneliness really mean, you are able to grasp the true meaning and sense of happiness. So, I hope Michael experienced moments of true happiness, thanks to his children, his music and an ability to dance, sing and create. It's good he spent the last period of his life doing what he knew best - performing :)

He looked happy when he was shopping, meeting fans and looking after his kids.
I think he was happy in many parts of his life. I never thought his life was miserable.
Unhappy people can't help other people as Michael did. There were some crazy things going on in his life but he stayed strong. His smile was always so genuine. Unhappy people never smile like that.

i think he knew his stage days were over in the latter part of his life and when you grow up and live on stage and for it to stop well thats it .
plus he must of been lonely a lot,he never really had a long relationship.
i still say if he d settled with a fan he would have been happy as larry :) i mean whose gonna love him more than a mj fan? :icecream:

I don't think he ever got over the child molestation charges. That 2005 trial killed him emotionally in my opinion. Even though he was found not guilty he felt humiliated by the media and the fact that a large number of people out there didn't accept the verdict. Even so, his kids, (probably) his family and the few real friends he had brought him some happiness within the confines of his own little world, but I think he felt betrayed and misunderstood by the world at large. The London concerts could have been not only the start of a spectacular career comeback but also the start of an emotional recovery because there clearly was/is a lot of love for the guy out there. Unfortunately it was not to be.

I guess, he was happy. Thanks God he had kids who gave him true unconditional love. It makes me sad to think what he suffered through starting from 1993. I watched "Michael talks to Oprah" yesterday and it made me realize more clearly how cruel the world was to Michael. He always wanted to be understood, to express himself, the way he felt for children, for the world around him, he was eager to bring his message throughout the world. No matter how many times he was mistreated my media and people around him, Michael was open to people. So, to my mind, he was both very wounded and happy at the same time... I think, when you know what pain and loneliness really mean, you are able to grasp the true meaning and sense of happiness. So, I hope Michael experienced moments of true happiness, thanks to his children, his music and an ability to dance, sing and create. It's good he spent the last period of his life doing what he knew best - performing :)
:yes:

I don't think Michael was very happy although I'm certain he had times of happiness and joy ie his children.

I'm certain he was utterly traumatised and confused over the child allegations and how people could behave but even so he never lost his faith or love for humanity, that is why I think he was an extraordinary person

In some ways I think he was happy, but knowing your $500 million dollars worth of debt that has got to hurt.

To me he looked drained at the end of his life, like that spark in the eyes had gone out, when he smiled his face didn't spark anymore, yeah his sunglasses did but mehh that was nothing.

That Ian Halperin thread fans are saying he is just saying rubbish, but is he? To me he died a lonely man, with no control, he seemed to have his life to in control.

I wish and hope he was happy but I don't believe he was.

I don't think Michael was very happy although I'm certain he had times of happiness and joy ie his children.

I'm certain he was utterly traumatised and confused over the child allegations and how people could behave but even so he never lost his faith or love for humanity, that is why I think he was an extraordinary person
I think so too.

In some ways I think he was happy, but knowing your $500 million dollars worth of debt that has got to hurt.

To me he looked drained at the end of his life, like that spark in the eyes had gone out, when he smiled his face didn't spark anymore, yeah his sunglasses did but mehh that was nothing.

That Ian Halperin thread fans are saying he is just saying rubbish, but is he? To me he died a lonely man, with no control, he seemed to have his life to in control.

I wish and hope he was happy but I don't believe he was.

You said it. I agree with this. Sadly :(

i don't think he was. he said it himself "it really hurts being me" but i think he had his moments...

for some reason I always when thinking about this think about a time my mother and I were talking about him and she said that to her he looked like someone who could do with a big hug!
Yes he was extremely happy around his children, the joy they gave him was so obvious.
But I think he was at times emotionally tired of the lies that where whispered about him etc the burdon he must have carried just being 'Michael Jackson' the celebrity (dont get me wrong there would have beem great times too) is something we could never comprehend.

I think that Michael was happy because of his children .....however.....I think that other parts of his life brought him much heartache. Oh how I miss him..

The saddest thing of all is I think after this tour would have been over and done with, he probably would have been much happier than he's been in recent years. I think these shows would have REALLY changed people's perception of him and show that his popularity really ISN'T fading which would have given him far more confidence and strength. That's the hardest thing for me to come to terms with. So much unfinished business that I think would have brought him greater joy in the years to come. Like that phone call he made to a morning show last year on his birthday (was it GMA?) where he said he truly believed the best was yet to come. I think he had so much he wanted to do and complete creatively, so many things he was in the process of putting together that I think would have brought him so much joy. He just started to get his career back on track after the Bahrain hiatus and all that. That's what makes his death at this point in time exceptionally difficult, I think.

That's one of the things that hurts me most too... just all the crap he had to deal with, especially the last few years. How someone so genuinely good can be so degraded and ridiculed. It pains me so much that he only tried to help, and was subjected to such disgusting behaviour.

But really, who in this world is truly 110% happy? I don't think anyone is. I think given the circumstances, Michael was very happy toward the end of his life. I really believe this. He was freed of all charges, and his kids and fans ALWAYS kept him going. If anything, I'm glad he passed away knowing that he could still sell out 50 shows. That must have made him feel really good inside - to know he still had it.

REP POINTS! I agree with this completely. I think those first allegations killed him and he was never the same after that. I mean he did some kind of eccentric things before that, but as far as I can see, this was when things started to unravel and there was no turning back. He was like this incredible human being who just wanted to bring magic to his fans and help people in need and he jsut got shat on like over and over and over again. I imagine that he put on a brave face for us, but perhaps behind closed doors it was another story altogether. Listen to some of his songs, it's all right there.

I'm sure towards the end there was some happiness. Some. Like you said he had his kids and that musta felt awesome, knowing that the fans still showed him all that love after being away for so long. Although I remember reading somewhere, that he was nervous not about whether or not he could do the shows, but about judgment from the media and ppl who weren't supporters and fans. He always seemed to be worried about how he was perceived, which HAD to have been hard.

I honestly think though had he lived he woulda KILLED those shows.

REP POINTS! I agree with this completely. I think those first allegations killed him and he was never the same after that. I mean he did some kind of eccentric things before that, but as far as I can see, this was when things started to unravel and there was no turning back. He was like this incredible human being who just wanted to bring magic to his fans and help people in need and he jsut got shat on like over and over and over again. I imagine that he put on a brave face for us, but perhaps behind closed doors it was another story altogether. Listen to some of his songs, it's all right there.

I'm sure towards the end there was some happiness. Some. Like you said he had his kids and that musta felt awesome, knowing that the fans still showed him all that love after being away for so long. Although I remember reading somewhere, that he was nervous not about whether or not he could do the shows, but about judgment from the media and ppl who weren't supporters and fans. He always seemed to be worried about how he was perceived, which HAD to have been hard.

I honestly think though had he lived he woulda KILLED those shows.

i agree with what you said Heartbreak and with what others have said. He was never the same after the 93 bullshit. i look at his pictures or his videos after that and there is such sadness in his eyes, and it's heartbreaking cause he was such a wonderful soul. All he wanted to do was help others and heal the world. I just want to give him the biggest hug and tell him everything is going to be ok.. which no one can do that now :sad:. I'm sure he had moments of happiness, his kids and other moments, but i don't think he was truly happy. I know I couldn't be after all that he had to go through..

Back