"They're trying to poison me., They're trying to kill me"

I don't know if this is true, but if it is, then MJ had much more severe mental disorders than i thought. I don't know if we can beleive that... I never even thought that he could be so paranoic and illussional...

It's a huge article..and you can skip to the part about being poisoned. But according to Dick Gregory....Michael said that to him.

Reading this makes me so sad :(
When I think about everything with Michael not trusting everyone around him and stuff, that this can be true because people have let him down and betrayed him many times and I can understand that someone can become paranoide because of that.

I don't know if this is true, but if it is, then MJ had much more severe mental disorders than i thought. I don't know if we can beleive that... I never even thought that he could be so paranoic and illussional...

Personally, I don't think Michael was paranoid at all, or at least, not without reason. I've read this account (from Dick Gregory) before, but thanks for posting.

Now, go to the official tox-report (or what little was revealed of it). Look up the drug, "Ephedra." Ephedra was a weight-loss supplement, but was taken off the market because it had the tendency to cause sudden cardiac arrest. There is no WAY Michael would have been taking something for weight-loss. Quite the opposite. This was actually a theory floated by Trish. Makes a certain amount of sense. This is a wild guess, but Murray was bringing Michael his breakfast. In other words, Michael wasn't coming downstairs for it to be served by Kai Chase. Ephedra is an oral supplement that could be rendered into a powder form. It's not an injection. Just think about it? Grasping at straws here. . . . .

I at first thought this was a drug administered as part of the "rescue attempt." But that would have been Epinephren, not "Ephedra." (Epinephren is adrenalin. I'm sure Ephedra is related.)

"Special Fruit Smoothies"

What do you reckon was in those?

Can't prove it, but I think Ephedra could have been in the fruit-Smoothies, for about six weeks or a month. It can cause anxiety, sleeplessness, and rapid weight-loss. It contributed to quite a few deaths by cardiac arrest/damage, before it was taken off the market. WHY didn't Michael come downstairs to have breakfast with his children? A "kindly" doctor brought him his breakfast?

This is horrible, but perhaps Michael wasn't dying fast enough? He'd lost a lot of weight, but was pressing on. Follower fans were alarmed at how much weight he'd lost. He was beginning to pack to go to London. I think the police are MUCH more effective/less corrupt in the U.K., than in Los Angeles. "Do or die" moment? We don't even know if Michael really WAS requesting Propofol, long-term. He might have benn rehydrating with an IV after a rehearsal. And Murray gave him a bolus of Propofol into the IV line, and Michael was out like a light, and then. . .gone.

I can't prove any of this, but can anyone prove me WRONG?

i disagree.
i don't know about you but i would be a bit paranoid if i knew someone was out to get me.
i think he knew then at the 2005 trial that someone was out to get him for real (it doesn't take a rocket sciencetist to figure out that they have been out to get him for many years now)

Personally, I don't think Michael was paranoid at all, or at least, not without reason. I've read this account (from Dick Gregory) before, but thanks for posting.

Now, go to the official tox-report (or what little was revealed of it). Look up the drug, "Ephedra." Ephedra was a weight-loss supplement, but was taken off the market because it had the tendency to cause sudden cardiac arrest. There is no WAY Michael would have been taking something for weight-loss. Quite the opposite. This was actually a theory floated by Trish. Makes a certain amount of sense. This is a wild guess, but Murray was bringing Michael his breakfast. In other words, Michael wasn't coming downstairs for it to be served by Kai Chase. Ephedra is an oral supplement that could be rendered into a powder form. It's not an injection. Just think about it? Grasping at straws here. . . . .

I at first thought this was a drug administered as part of the "rescue attempt." But that would have been Epinephren, not "Ephedra." (Epinephren is adrenalin. I'm sure Ephedra is related.)

yea i think... that too about the Ephedra....
i don't think MJ even knew what he was taking (what Murray was secretly giving to him)

Can't prove it, but I think Ephedra could have been in the fruit-Smoothies, for about six weeks or a month. It can cause anxiety, sleeplessness, and rapid weight-loss. It contributed to quite a few deaths by cardiac arrest/damage, before it was taken off the market. WHY didn't Michael come downstairs to have breakfast with his children? A "kindly" doctor brought him his breakfast?

This is horrible, but perhaps Michael wasn't dying fast enough? He'd lost a lot of weight, but was pressing on. Follower fans were alarmed at how much weight he'd lost. He was beginning to pack to go to London. I think the police are MUCH more effective/less corrupt in the U.K., than in Los Angeles. "Do or die" moment? We don't even know if Michael really WAS requesting Propofol, long-term. He might have benn rehydrating with an IV after a rehearsal. And Murray gave him a bolus of Propofol into the IV line, and Michael was out like a light, and then. . .gone.

I know we can't prove any of this, but it sounds so plausible. :(

http://www.drugabusehelp.com/drugs/ephedra/

In February of 2004, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a final rule prohibiting the sale of dietary supplements containing ephedrine alkaloids (ephedra). Also known as Ma huang, the FDA has determined such supplements pose an unreasonable risk of illness or injury to consumers and the rule is effective 60 days from the date of publication.

The FDA’s final puts manufacturers on notice that dietary supplements containing ephedrine alkaloids present an unreasonable risk of illness or injury. Consequently, this ruling affects all currently marketed dietary supplements containing ephedrine alkaloids. The extent of the rule does not pertain to traditional Chinese herbal remedies. Affected are all dietary supplements that contain a source of ephedrine alkaloids, such as ephedra, Ma huang, Sida cordifolia and pinellia.

Ephedra, or ephedrine sulfate, is a naturally occurring substance derived from plants. Its principal active ingredient is ephedrine, which when chemically synthesized is regulated as a drug under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. In recent years ephedra products have been widely promoted to boost weight loss, sports performance, and energy. In addition, ephedra is enormously popular with dieters because it suppresses appetite and boosts energy. It is known under many names including Desert or Mormon tea.

Ephedra's active medicinal ingredients are the alkaloids ephedrine and pseudoephedrine. Both ephedrine and its synthetic counterparts stimulate the (CNS) central nervous system, dilate the bronchial tubes, increase blood pressure, and heart rate. Pseudoephedrine (the synthetic form) is a popular over-the-counter remedy for nasal congestion.
Sources:
http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2004/NEW01021.html
http://www.fda.gov/oc/initiatives/ephedra/february2004/qa_020604.html
http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/nmdrugprofiles/herbaldrugs/101040.shtml

Background:
Ephedra is listed as one of the original 365 herbs from the classical first century A.D. text on Chinese herbalism by Shen Nong. The Chinese have used ephedra medicinally for over 5,000 years. While the active constituent, ephedrine, was first isolated in 1887, it was not until 1924 that the herb became popular with physicians in the U.S. for its broncho-dilating and decongesting properties.

Popular in China, ephedra is known as Tsaopen-Ma Huang. Its active ingredient, ephedrine, is the main component in the well-known asthma remedy Primatene. Ephedra grows mainly in Mongolia and the bordering area of China.
Source:
http://www.holistic-online.com/Herbal-Med/_Herbs/h53.htm

Indications:
Ephedra is used as a stimulant and for mild respiratory disorders, including asthma and bronchitis. In Asian medicine, it is used for fever, swelling, and bone pain. Ephedrine, the principle alkaloid, a popular ingredient in many "herbal" weight loss and body building formulas, decongestants, "legal high" alternatives, and ephedrine-based pep pills.
Sources:
http://www.erowid.org/plants/ephedra/ephedra.shtml

Usage:
Ephedra is available in crushed herb form, tinctures, and as a liquid extract. Be sure to follow manufacturer directions as potencies vary.

General guidelines for adults are as follows:

Tea: Use 1 to 4 grams of crushed Ephedra; take 3 times daily.
Liquid extract: 1 to 3 milliliters (about one-quarter to one-half teaspoonful) 3 times daily.
Tincture (1:1): The usual single dose is 5 grams (1 teaspoonful).
Tincture (1:4): 6 to 8 milliliters (about 1 to 11/2 teaspoonfuls) 3 times daily.

Do not exceed the manufacturer’s recommended dosage because ephedra can be very harmful to your health.

Effects:
Ephedra's value for respiratory problems derives from the calming effect it has on spasms in the bronchial walls. At the same time, ephedra stimulates the nervous system, and boosts the rate and strength of heart contractions. It also tends to discourage the growth of bacteria.

Side Effects:
Ephedra has many potential side effects including sleeplessness, restlessness, irritability, headache, nausea, vomiting, urinary disorders, and rapid heartbeat. Higher doses can stimulate a sharp rise in blood pressure and disrupt heart rhythm. Chronic use can lead to tolerance and dependence, requiring ever larger doses to obtain earlier effects. Due to these dangers, ephedra should only be used for short periods of time.
Source:

Cautionary Notes:
Combining ephedra with certain other drugs can increase, decrease, alter the effects, and induce potentially serious problems. Ephedra should not be combined with:

*heart drugs such as digitalis or digoxin (Lanoxin) because ephedra is more likely to disturb heart rhythm.
*the blood pressure medication guanethidine (Ismelin)as ephedra can seriously magnify the herb's stimulative effects.
*drugs classified as MAO inhibitors, such as the antidepressants Nardil and Parnate and the Parkinson's disease medication Eldepryl.
*ergot-based migraine drugs such as Ergomar and Wigraine with Ephedra can induce high blood pressure.

Special Notes:

Because of its effect on the heart, ephedra can be very dangerous when taken in excessive amounts.

Do not take ephedra if you have high blood pressure, glaucoma, weakened blood vessels in the brain, prostate cancer, an overactive adrenal gland, or a thyroid disorder. It’s generally wise to avoid ephedra if you have any condition that makes you anxious or restless.

Adverse CNS effects associated with ephedrine toxicity include anxiety, insomnia, restlessness, psychosis and seizures. The major cardiovascular toxicity includes hypertension and tachyarrhythmias. If you experience any of these symptoms, seek medical attention immediately. According to the New England Journal of Medicine, a number of deaths resulting from symptoms of ephedra toxicity have been reported.

Overdosage:

Ephedra’s toxic effects are primarily due to ephedrine, and to a lesser extent, pseudoephedrine. Both stimulate the adrenergic system and ephedrine toxicity may be noticeable with doses only 2 to 3 times the therapeutic range.

Doses of more than 100 grams (about 3 ounces) can be life-threatening. Symptoms of overdose include severe sweating, enlarged pupils, spasms, and increased body temperature. Death results from heart failure and suffocation. If you suspect an overdose, seek emergency treatment immediately.
Sources:
http://www.erowid.org/plants/ephedra/ephedra.shtml

Dependency:
According to a recent report on 20/20, many ephedra fans believe it is not a drug because the active ingredient comes from a plant. However, ephedra is a stimulant that increases the heart rate, blood pressure, and speeds up brain activity. There is little doubt ephedra is addictive or habit forming, particularly due to the ever increasing number of people taking it in high dosages, however unwittingly.

Extended use can lead to tolerance and dependence, requiring ever increasing doses to obtain an effect. Due to these dangers, you should only take ephedra for short periods of time.

Tolerance is a diminished response to a drug. It is the effect of cellular adaptive changes or enhanced drug metabolism that develops over days, weeks, or months from the extended use of a medication. Ephedra users are susceptible to tolerance.

If you have been a long term ephedra user, and/or taking larger quantities than recommended by the manufacturer, consult your physician to help you discontinue this medication in a careful and safe manner.
Source:

Withdrawal:
If you are a long term ephedra user, do not stop taking it without first checking with your doctor. Suddenly stopping this medicine may cause dangerous withdrawal side effects; your doctor will gradually taper your dosage before stopping completely.

Treatment:
A moderate to severe addiction may necessitate an in patient detox in a hospital or medical supervised setting. Treatment will ultimately depend on the degree of addiction.

However a person chooses to free themselves from the clutches of a drug, there is one constant each needs: Support. Narcotics Anonymous remains a successful choice for many addicts, with world-wide availability. The "information age" has produced numerous on line support forums, popular with many recovering addicts, useful to some addicts as their sole means of support and for others, as adjunct therapy. Drug addiction is treatable, with help out there for everyone.

@Victoria83: Thanks so much for the information! I was trying to find out about the drugs that were found in his body, because I had such a strong feeling this wasn't just happening on one day.....I really believe it's been a process of, who knows, months even...? Before he really passed. This feeling's so strong!
Dang...there's something really strange going on here.

@Victoria83: Thanks so much for the information! I was trying to find out about the drugs that were found in his body, because I had such a strong feeling this wasn't just happening on one day.....I really believe it's been a process of, who knows, months even...? Before he really passed. This feeling's so strong!
Dang...there's something really strange going on here.

Just LOOK at the symptoms! Anxiety. Weight-loss. Insomnia. Heart problems, and even cardiac arrest. If Michael were given this drug without his knowledge, he wouldn't KNOW why he couldn't get to sleep at night, or was feeling unusual anxiety. Or how much danger he was really in. . . . . .

Follower fans began to notice Michael's decline about a month before he died. The timing was almost exactly the same as when Dileo came on the scene. I'm not suggesting anything here (?). Just pointing it out. Everyone has insomnia sometimes, but Michael's was apparently extreme. Ephedra could have totally caused that! It would be like drinking five or more cups of strong coffee at ten p.m. No sleep. Inevitable.

You know what sucks so much....the fact that so many people can lie. And we will never find out the real truth. Which i am convinced of that we won't. Person A can say this and that happened..but Person B can claim something totally different.

We are led to believe that Michael really was on these drugs...but will we ever know for sure? Maybe this Dick Gregory is simply lying, maybe he's not on the truth's side at all. Maybe Latoya's right about a conspiracy , a circle of people behind his death....we will never really know.

Maybe , maybe, maybe..maybe.....nothing but maybe. I hate this, i'm sure we all do. But i've accepted his death...how can you not, and i'm also beginning to accept the sad fact that we'll never know the real truth of all this.

Just LOOK at the symptoms! Anxiety. Weight-loss. Insomnia. Heart problems, and even cardiac arrest. If Michael were given this drug without his knowledge, he wouldn't KNOW why he couldn't get to sleep at night, or was feeling unusual anxiety. Or how much danger he was really in. . . . . .

Follower fans began to notice Michael's decline about a month before he died. The timing was almost exactly the same as when Dileo came on the scene. I'm not suggesting anything here (?). Just pointing it out. Everyone has insomnia sometimes, but Michael's was apparently extreme. Ephedra could have totally caused that! It would be like drinking five or more cups of strong coffee at ten p.m. No sleep. Inevitable.
Dang...it just freaks me out, this is the theory that I go with. I just had this strong feeling about it since day one.
The facts say enough for me...I've read those things about the follower fans and so on too, it's just too much coincidence all together.
This might be it...:mello:

Is there a thread about this theory? (Gettin' so confused of the many threads.)

I study psychology. It's not paranoid if it's a valid realistic concern but so many people liberally toss out paranoid not understanding that there are valid reasons to be skeptical and fear for your life vs. delusional paranoia.

A person who has paranoid delusions instead of reality may wrongfully think that people are out to get them, there are mind control devices and sometimes thoughts like aliens are coming for them. Erratic behavior such as tearing up ones place to find these aliens, mind control devices and often freaking out on people. Accuse strangers of staring at themself and get hostile over it even though the stranger was just minding his or her own business.

In Michael's case, there were people after him and his money. After a while of experiencing that, it wouldn't be unusual to be on guard.

Mj knew who was after him. that is why he didn't trust some of his doctors.

I don't think he was paranoid at all(but this is what 'they' would want you to believe and I'm sad some fans believe in that and not in Michael) but it must be so tough when you 'feel' they want to do something but you also suffer from anxiety and then have to question nearly everyone in your life. Poor Michael bless him.

Also to those who say he was paranoid well - now he is dead and the circumstances are suspicious... Now if he'd told you years ago he was paranoid about Sneddon and the Police were against him, would you also have said that was paranoia? It was the truth... so guys lets not write off what Michael worried about so hastily....

Last edited:
Michael Jackson was not paranoid. He was telling Dick Gregory the truth, with him being dead now, how can anyone think he was dullisional (sp).

Like someone else said, he knew who was after him and why. He knew it came from within his own Team. Who elese would get close enough to him on a regular basis in order to poison him?

I've said this before in another thread about Dick Gregory. I hope and pray, he talks to the proper Law Enforcement, especially the Fed's and D.E.A. agents.

I think that Dick Gregory would have had absolutely NO reason to lie. He was one of the few people that Michael seemed to trust, and who had no financial agenda concerning Michael.

Those are some very good points, somewhat alarming, but very plausable :(

I read about Michael saying he thought people were gonna kill him/trying to poison him etc, but that was a few months ago and of course at the time I thought it was crazy tabloid junk. But since all of this, that article has played on my mind. I think it was late May I read it in a tabloid?? It's obviously not so crazy after all...but you never know...

I commend all of you for your investigations to try to find out the truth, it is astounding how much digging you guys are doing....I wouldn't even think of half of these theories :clapping:

OK i fonud this from:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090828/ap_on_en_mu/us_michael_jackson_autopsy

Doctors were surprised by the coroner's mention of ephedrine, once sold as the controversial diet drug Ephedra and now banned by the federal Food and Drug Administration, though the drug can be used for resuscitation. Zvara said it's unlikely emergency personnel who responded to Jackson's home would have used that drug since epinephrine, otherwise known as adrenaline, is favored.

AND THIS ONE from:

http://www.herbcompanion.com/blogs/blog.aspx?blogid=744&tag=Ephedra

Who is the expert they’re going to call in to blast the medical practitioners who allowed Michael Jackson to take three different narcotics daily? He was on Demerol, Dilaudid and Viodin—any one of which could have been deadly. Michael Jackson was also on Soma, Xanax and Zoloft. Explain to me how this is a good health regimen. But the pharmaceutical industry buys too many ads in newspapers and on television, therefore, this issue’s investigative journalism will be meek and buried in the back pages.

:(

I don't know if this is true, but if it is, then MJ had much more severe mental disorders than i thought. I don't know if we can believe that... I never even thought that he could be so paranoic and illussional...

I disagree. I mean that man dies and every single "friend" turns their back on him!!!

Serisouly, if Michael thinks someone is trying to kill him, why not believe him??

He IS the most famous man on the earth, enough for mad hatred to occur. He's also a Black man who owns the Beatle's catalouge, and whom so many millions all over the world love so dearly. On top of that, he's super rich and more famous than any of those haters will EVER be. Well, here's some words straight from Michael for those people.."money. if you want it then earn it with dignity." and "respect's not given, it's earned. stop maliciously attackin' my integrity."

He's been ridiculed with lies, beaten by police to the point that his bones were displaced, set up with dirty accusations.

Now tell me that there is not one person who would have a sort of jealousy towards this human being and may want him dead. I mean, look at all the horrible things they have done to him. Does it seem like they WANT him alive??? .....only if they can make his life miserable....but if they can't, i'd bet you they'd want him rather dead

Michael thought somebody was going to kill him. Somebody DID. Doesn't sound like paranoia to me. . . .

Yeah...and the sad thing is, when Michael says something is wrong, NO1 takes him seriously. AND that really Pisses me off!!!
:mat:

How did he feel when ppl. didn't believe what he said. Backstabbers R NOT ONLY Friends...they're Also Family Members.

I'm glad that He had US(Fans) and We had him for a short while...
:mello:

Yeah...and the sad thing is, when Michael says something is wrong, NO1 takes him seriously. AND that really Pisses me off!!!
:mat:

when i read that i immediately thought of the night before he died when he asked to be taken to the hospital but the doc said "no, you're fine." the "doc" knew it was serious. did he think Michael was an idiot and Michael doesn't know himself when he feels he really needs to go??

They took us for a bunch of fools. But WE KNOW Michael.

Victoria83 You're so right!!!

We only have Murry's words and we cant believe that cuz he hadnt told the WHOLE truth to the police...Its just soo Mind boggling that this kind of thing could happen to Michael, he wanted to trust ppl. but they didnt give him a chance to do that...Sad world we're living in.

In some ways, i'm glad that he's not here to feel the world's loss of hope and love and caring and peace...

Back