Rank the J5 members

MySerenity5

Proud Member
Okay, I am a HUGE fan of the Jackson 5. I have always said that if I was born in the seventies, these hotties would have been all over my walls, and notebooks. I'm just curious to see which member is the most popular after Mike.. Of course, Michael is the sexiest, cutest, and most talented of them all..

Here goes my ranking...

!) My baby Mikey...
2) Marlon
3) Jackie/ Randy/ Tito
4) Jermaine... (I like Jermaine but I have some reservations about him... -_- )

J5! J5! J5! FOREVER! :)

My ranks are purely based on talent and what the offered to the group musically and performance-wise.

1. Michael
2. Jermaine
3. Tito
4. Jackie
5. Marlon

well obviously #1 is michael.. no need to explain. Jermaine contributed with instrumentals, and heavily in vocals. Jackie was sort of like a vocals filler/harminizer, and Tito was the main instumentalist. Marlon is great, but ... well he rarely had any *parts

1) MICHAEL!
2) Jermaine
3) Jackie/ Tito
4) Marlon

#1 Michael. The best singer, dancer and songwriter. Still he always sounded best interacting with his brothers.

#2 Jermaine. A great voice, good skills on bass, and a decent songwriter and producer. Good all around talent, I think he would be a major star if he hadn't had to live up to Michael. Janet was so different style wise and not in the group so she was able to get out from under Michael's shadow, but I still like Jermaine better then her.

#3 Randy. He is a very good songwriter, and an excellent musician. I remember a Jacksons friend on tv in the early ninties saying that Randy had the most raw talent as a musician and I agree. His voice isn't as strong as Michael's or Jermaine's but he projects well and has a lot of charasmia. On stage he was always great to watch because he really liked to work a crowd.

#4 Marlon. He had a lesser (if pleasent) voice but is easily the best dancer next to Michael. I know he had a lot to do with the dance routines and I give him major props for that.

#5. Jackie. He was a good dancer but not near Michael and Marlon. He is a good singer but not near Michael or Jermaine. He is talented (and has written some fine songs) but I find he is overshadowed.

#6 Tito is a talented guy and really a fantastic guitar player. I just don't think he had the versitility of his other brothers. He was focused on one thing and did it well. I do like his bass voice on the harmonies, but his regular pitch doesn't stand out. I would like to see his blues band because that's the part of the group sound I feel the others neglected after the early seventies

Obviously I find all of the brothers to be talented and hope I don't come off too harsh on any of them. Michael, Jermaine, and Randy are easily my top three but the status of Jackie, Marlon, and Tito changes depending on my mood.

Aww it wasn't Marlon's fault he didn't sing much! He wasn't even given a microphone in the early performances! :bugeyed Poor Marlon.
Michael and Marlon were the best dancers.
My faves:
1. Michael
2. Marlon
and then the 3 other boys together in 3rd place :)

michael ,michael, michael, michael, michael, michael then ..
tito
jackie
randy
marlon
jermain

I grew up on the Jackson 5 and loved each an every one of them. If I had to ran them it would be:

Michael-vocals and dance
Jermaine-vocals
Marlon-great dancer. He should have stuck with it
Titio- plays a mean guitar
Jackie-however ,after they formed the Jacksons, the depth of his talent became more apparent

Little Randy-He did a great job when he joined the group

#1 Michael....Forever!

#2 Jermaine...back then if I were born then! lol....now....he joins Randy #6 spot...lol
#3 Jackie.....Now...#2
#4 Tito....Now
#5 Marlon....same spot now
#6 Randy....same spot now w/with Jermaine

Back