Jermaine Jackson’s Management Announce Comeback On Day Of Michael Jackson’s Funeral

sumadiner

Proud Member
Anorak’s Man in LA looks at what links the iatrogenic death of pharmacy investor Danny Gans and the Michael Jackson case. And finds a link in Jermaine Jackson’s comeback…
There’s no longer any denying an intimate relationship between the deaths of Michael Jackson and Danny Gans.
Gans’ manager Chip Lightman tastefully chose the day of Michael Jackson’s funeral (pictures) to announce that he’s been hired by Jackson’s brother Jermaine to help launch a “comeback,” beginning with convention and corporate bookings.
According to Norm Clarke in the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Lightman (known for phoning beauty queen-turned-TV entertainment reporter Alicia Jacobs in the early hours of May 1st to inform her that her good friend had been pronounced dead only minutes earlier) has not booked any Vegas gigs. Norm says Lightman “employed a similar strategy with Gans, who went on to become a Las Vegas headliner sensation.

“Lightman said Jermaine Jackson, who had limited success as a solo act, is putting together a show based on his hits (two top 10 entries), Jackson 5 hits and a tribute to Michael.
“Jermaine, who sang Michael’s favorite song, ‘Smile,’ at his brother’s memorial, plans to hire some of Michael’s musicians, said Lightman.
…Jermaine recently announced he was organizing a tribute to Michael in Vienna, Austria, and promised 1 billion TV viewers. But no family members agreed to participate.
“Larry King’s wife, Shawn, was initially involved, but pulled out.”

Another connection: Shawn King was set to perform with Danny Gans at the Wynn Resorts’ Encore Theatre on May 2nd.
Lightman has been booking some acts into Gans’ theatre at the Encore. We reported in July that he’d floated the story that he’d talking to a representative of Jackson’s brothers about having them take over the empty stage.
- TB
The plot thickens.

http://www.anorak.co.uk/celebrities...-comeback-on-day-of-michael-jacksons-funeral/

BTW guess who is also a client of Chip Lightman entertainment? you guess right larry king
http://www.chiplightmanentertainment.com/

Article from the vegas review that was mentioned in the above article

Sep. 04, 2009
Jermaine Jackson hires Gans' man

Taking early steps in what he hopes will be a comeback, Jermaine Jackson has hired Danny Gans' former manager to handle convention and corporate bookings.

Jackson, who turns 55 in December, is teaming up with Chip Lightman, who employed a similar strategy with Gans, who went on to become a Las Vegas headliner sensation.

Lightman announced that he would be representing Jackson on chiplightmanentertainment.com Thursday, the day of Michael Jackson's funeral at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, Calif.

Lightman said Jermaine Jackson, who had limited success as a solo act, is putting together a show based on his hits (two top 10 entries), Jackson 5 hits and a tribute to Michael.

There are no Las Vegas bookings as yet. "For now he wants to build the show through private audiences, but ultimately it could lead to that," said Lightman, who has been assisting Wynn Las Vegas with bookings since Gans died May 1.

Jermaine, who sang Michael's favorite song, "Smile," at his brother's memorial, plans to hire some of Michael's musicians, said Lightman.

Jermaine's relationship with family members was strained before his brother's death and the split has reportedly widened since then.

Jermaine recently announced he was organizing a tribute to Michael in Vienna, Austria, and promised 1 billion TV viewers. But no family members agreed to participate.

Larry King's wife, Shawn, was initially involved, but pulled out.

Lightman's Web site said he is also the booking agent for the CNN host, singer Michael Bolton, Deborah Gibson, Taylor Dayne, Expose and Beacher's Madhouse.
http://www.lvrj.com/news/57220427.html

I wouldn't have a problem with Jermaine making a comeback. If he would do some Jackson 5 songs, some of his own songs and some Michael song such as Smile and Gone Too Soon. I mean Michael is not here anymore and Jermaine loved Michael very much. To me, he seemed very protective of Michael in the later years of his life. I think if I would go to a Jermaine concert, I would still feel the love. It would feel like some sort of tribute to his brother. But I think it should be intimate.

wait let me see if i understand..Jermaine is planning a comeback as an artist??? i really really don't like this. WTF? i mean, he is trying to do what Michael was doing. And it sounds like he is using Michael and his death for his own benefit. I really really don't like this. And i'm glad the family decided not to participate. ughhh this is pissing me off! We know that Jermaine was always competing with Michael, but this is WAY to much. and i HAVE defended numerous time's jermaine in the pass, but on this I can't defend him. If he would have been planning this since before Michael's death then find. But idk, this isn't right

Jermaine sure seems to be shoving himself in the spotlight now MJ is gone. It's really coming across like he's using MJ's death to promote himself. I'm not saying he is, that's just what it looks like. In my opinion.

wait let me see if i understand..Jermaine is planning a comeback as an artist??? i really really don't like this. WTF? i mean, he is trying to do what Michael was doing. And it sounds like he is using Michael and his death for his own benefit. I really really don't like this. And i'm glad the family decided not to participate. ughhh this is pissing me off! We know that Jermaine was always competing with Michael, but this is WAY to much

I don't think he was competing with Michael. Jermaine knows Michael was the star and he saw the price of fame. Maybe there is a renewed interest and demand for the other Jacksons to do something right now.

Jermaine sure seems to be shoving himself in the spotlight now MJ is gone. It's really coming across like he's using MJ's death to promote himself. I'm not saying he is, that's just what it looks like. In my opinion.

Its sad as it does seem that way...

And Word to the Badd was just some random song about someone other than Michael.

(Yes, I still hold that grudge.)

I don't think he was competing with Michael. Jermaine knows Michael was the star and he saw the price of fame. Maybe there is a renewed interest and demand for the other Jacksons to do something right now.

no, not competing in a bad way. See, janet said once in an interview that they are all very competitive with each other but in a good way. And i believe Jermaine did want to be at the same level as Michael or Janet. and i do believe he loves michael..

But this is too much. If janet would have spoken and done interviews the way Jermaine has been doing then she would have gotten more attention. But janet hasn't spoken, she has been grieving and has even stopped promoting and stuff to a certain extent. So have the other siblings. Latoya and tito have spoken and stuff but not as much as Jermaine. Janet spoke once, and that was at the BET awards. All she said was "to you, michael jackson was an icon, to us, he is family". She said few but it meant alot. It meant way more than anything Jermaine has said put together, and i respect Janet for it.

and i repeat, i have ALWAYS defended Jermaine cause i thought people were being unfair to him. But this looks very VERY bad

I wouldn't have a problem with Jermaine making a comeback. If he would do some Jackson 5 songs, some of his own songs and some Michael song such as Smile and Gone Too Soon. I mean Michael is not here anymore and Jermaine loved Michael very much. To me, he seemed very protective of Michael in the later years of his life. I think if I would go to a Jermaine concert, I would still feel the love. It would feel like some sort of tribute to his brother. But I think it should be intimate.

oookkeeyyy...

Why do people defend Jermaine? Please.

I have NO idea. For some of us, "Word to the Badd" remains one of the most cruel verbal attacks around, and THAT from a family member? Michael was Michael, and Jermaine is Jermaine. They are NOT the same person. I feel no alliegance to Jermaine just because of his last name! His behavior has been very, very bad since Michael died. And it continues. . . . .

I have NO idea. For some of us, "Word to the Badd" remains one of the most cruel verbal attacks around, and THAT from a family member? Michael was Michael, and Jermaine is Jermaine. They are NOT the same person. I feel no alliegance to Jermaine just because of his last name! His behavior has been very, very bad since Michael died. And it continues. . . . .

:clapping: i second this.

Word to the Victoria83!!!

Maybe jermaine thinks that people will be interested in him and in Jacksons 5 , because it'll remind people about Mj... Idk, I have nothing against Jermaine but if he wanted to return in music industry why he's doing it know after MJ's death? ;( It's not right for me. But that's just my opinion

this bit on Jermaine's part of the manager's site is really not the right thing to put... (you get to his page by clicking on his name at the bottom of the homepage)http://www.chiplightmanentertainment.com/

"Jermaine Jackson stars his timely, new show - it is, truly, the ultimate entertainment experience"

Excuse me! but 'timely, new show'!! - do these people know anything about tact and respect?!

This is maybe a little too early after Mikes death, but then again, now he can sell out shows.

If he comes to denmark, I'll go and see him.

Back