I Was Near Gary IN Today...

strawberrypie999

Proud Member
So, a lot of you know I live in Indiana.

Well today I was visiting my boyfriend who lives in Warsaw (for those of you that know IN locations lol) and we decided to go to the mall in Michigan City. Michigan City is about...30 miles away from Gary...roughly.

We didn't make it to Gary actually to see Michael's house (though I was dying to, my boyfriend is not as big a fan as I am and he didnt' see the point in just going to 'drive by a house' :( ) But it was crazy!

The first three stores we went in to were playing Michael music...The Love You Save, You Rock My World and Smooth Criminal. And customers (obviously travelers like myself who were there for the good sales) were asking the employees at the store about the towns reaction to Michael's passing!

People also mistakenly thought Michael was buried in Gary! I overheard one lady asking for directions to his grave! The employee was like 'Well...I don't know how to tell you to get to California...' I almost died LOL From embarassment for the customer and from the humor of it.

I am so glad to know though, that Gary is keeping Michael and his family in their hearts! It made my day to hear Michael all over the place and hear people talking about him :)

I just wish I had gotten to drive by his house and leave some flowers from all of us at MJJC or something... :(

So, a lot of you know I live in Indiana.

Well today I was visiting my boyfriend who lives in Warsaw (for those of you that know IN locations lol) and we decided to go to the mall in Michigan City. Michigan City is about...30 miles away from Gary...roughly.

We didn't make it to Gary actually to see Michael's house (though I was dying to, my boyfriend is not as big a fan as I am and he didnt' see the point in just going to 'drive by a house' :( ) But it was crazy!

The first three stores we went in to were playing Michael music...The Love You Save, You Rock My World and Smooth Criminal. And customers (obviously travelers like myself who were there for the good sales) were asking the employees at the store about the towns reaction to Michael's passing!

People also mistakenly thought Michael was buried in Gary! I overheard one lady asking for directions to his grave! The employee was like 'Well...I don't know how to tell you to get to California...' I almost died LOL From embarassment for the customer and from the humor of it.

I am so glad to know though, that Gary is keeping Michael and his family in their hearts! It made my day to hear Michael all over the place and hear people talking about him :)

I just wish I had gotten to drive by his house and leave some flowers from all of us at MJJC or something... :(

dump the boyfriend and go to the house..trust me u will enjoy it much more by yourself :)

Back