At school today..

Emerald

Proud Member
I was sitting at my desk doing work after my class had gone home (I'm a teacher and teach infants). So the bell goes signalling yard time (time to go outside and play) and there are kids lining up in the corridor to go outside with their class.
A boy walks past my room, and he catches my attention because he's singing.... BEAT IT! It was so cute, he must have been 6 or 7, because all the classes on the bottom floor have children under 8.
He was like, "Beat it! Just beat it!"
It made me smile!! :) 26 years after Beat It's release children are still singing it!
Yay Michael!

Last edited:
oohh thats so great! Warmes my heart hearing stories like that ;)

the other day, I was wearing one of my MJ t-shirts, and a little girl comes up to me and said.. "wow i love your t shirt, I want one!" She was maybe 6 years old :))

:clapping:

can't get enough of the stories of our babies discovering Michael!

oohh thats so great! Warmes my heart hearing stories like that ;)

the other day, I was wearing one of my MJ t-shirts, and a little girl comes up to me and said.. "wow i love your t shirt, I want one!" She was maybe 6 years old :))

Awwww, that's so cute! I love hearing these stories too!

Sweet story. Brian Littrell's son was singing I want you back when he was on the set with his father who was shooting a new video with BSB

like how amazing was/is Michael to have that impact on every age range there is whether ur 6 or 106 ya gota love abita MJ :p x

I love hearing stories like this....:clapping:.......Michael is always going to be untouchable..

Awww that's so cute and so awesome! I love hearing these kind of stories.
And Michael's legacy continues on... :)

a waitress at a diner down in South Jersey (Atlantic City) told us this weekend that her 8-year old daughter is obsessed -- OBSESSED -- with Michael.

yep, the kids get it big time.

Sweet story. Brian Littrell's son was singing I want you back when he was on the set with his father who was shooting a new video with BSB

awwwwww!! Little Baylee is soooo frigging cute!!!! Im a huge bsb fan and that just makes me smile knowing Brian helped his son discover Michael! awwww!

More Michael-related happenings in my class today!! =] (by the way my class are 4 and 5 years old)

We had P.E. (Physical Education) and I brought in Thriller and Bad thinking one of them might be good for P.E. music. So I put on Beat It in the classroom and say, "will we use this one?" And one little boy is like, "I go to hip hop dance classes and I can dance to this song" and he breaks into a little (made-up) dance, haha, and another boy joins in with him. I say, "Do you know who sings this? It's Michael Jackson" and he's like "I love Michael Jackson" haha =] And something about having a video at home but I didn't really know what he was talking about haha =]

We go out to the hall for the P.E. lesson and we're playing musical hoops/cushions (like musical chairs but with hoops and cushions to sit inside/on - making it small child-friendly haha!). I use "The Wheels On The Bus" as my first song because we learned it in class, and the kids are walking around the circle. The little boy who started dancing in the classroom when Michael came on goes "Can we put on Michael Jackson!!!" (I had planned to do that of course!!) Then I change to Beat It and LOL the energy just LIFTS! The kids all have smiles on their faces and some of them are dancing while going around the circle, and most start to jog instead of walk. One little boy says to me with the biggest smile on his face, "This song is funny!" :)
Awwww it was so cute.

Later after play time I say to the kids, I'm going to put on the song we had on in P.E., and by the time the song finishes we're going to try to have everything tidied away. (When I put it on first the same boys started to dance, lol, but I had to tell them to tidy their toys!) We had probably the quickest tidy-up ever! The kids only started school on the 1st of September, so they're still slow at doing things like tidying up, but today was probably our quickest day! Thanks Michael! :) :heart: Awww I'm sad but happy at the same time, because Michael is living on with everything we do to honour him.

We brought Michael to school today here in the west of Ireland! :)

Aw, that's adorable.

I work in a fitting room in a clothing store, and we sell a few MJ t-shirts. Last week there was a little girl around 7 years old who was trying one on that just had a large photo of Michael's face from a magazine cover or something, and I heard her mother ask "oh you like that one, huh? why do you like that one?" And the little girl said in this tiny voice "because he's pretty!"

So cute.

It just shows how his music will be loved forever, and he will always be getting new fans decades after decades!
I remember when i first saw him, it was thriller, i was only tiny and usually a little scardy cat!
But thriller came on the telly and i fell in love instantly! My older sister was sitting covering her eyes from the zombies, and i remember thinking, how can you possibly tear your eyes away from him for one minuit, he stoll my heart then and he still has it now!

Since a couple of weeks there is a 6/7 year old boy riding his bike up and down the street where I live and he has a little mp3 player with a speaker with him.

Guess who's songs that little kid is playing all the time???

Aw that is so sweet, I remember I think more then a month ago I was looking out of my window and some kids I think they were 10 or 11 maybe 12 years old and they were playing ABC on their headphones really loud so I could hear it while they were on their bikes as they came across my house, it made me smile!

my cousin is 5 and when he was 4 years old we were in my room watching Mj videos (I think we saw moonwalker 3,4 times,lol) so we were watching speed demon and my cousin Noah said (he's the one in my avatar btw):
do you know who I wanna be when I grow up?
and I said, who?
Noah: Michael JACKSON!! and he had the biggest smile.

and then he keeps talking about how cool Mj's voice is in smooth criminal..omg he's 5..how can he think about stuff like that?haha but he does.
well..I became a fan when I was 5 so I understand.. I also thought he had one heck of a cool voice in SC :D

Aw, that's adorable.

I work in a fitting room in a clothing store, and we sell a few MJ t-shirts. Last week there was a little girl around 7 years old who was trying one on that just had a large photo of Michael's face from a magazine cover or something, and I heard her mother ask "oh you like that one, huh? why do you like that one?" And the little girl said in this tiny voice "because he's pretty!"

So cute.

That's so cute!!!!

I was sitting at my desk doing work after my class had gone home (I'm a teacher and teach infants). So the bell goes signalling yard time (time to go outside and play) and there are kids lining up in the corridor to go outside with their class.
A boy walks past my room, and he catches my attention because he's singing.... BEAT IT! It was so cute, he must have been 6 or 7, because all the classes on the bottom floor have children under 8.
He was like, "Beat it! Just beat it!"
It made me smile!! :) 26 years after Beat It's release children are still singing it!
Yay Michael!

Cute!! Thanks for posting!! I love stories like these!!! :)

Aw, that's adorable.

So cute.

That's just gorgeous!!

Back