why wasnt michael given "whitney" treatment

MJJ2theMAX

Proud Member
ok theres SO MANY threads if people want to discuss MJ and whether he had drug problems, was he to blame etc etc

i want to move away from all that, i dont want this to be a thread full of arguments about drugs... please leave the thread if you think MJ didnt have a problem :)

to stay on topic, for those of us who do believe MJ had a major problem with drugs... why wasnt an intervention staged.. like the one whitney houston has been describing in her recent interviews, with armed police and her mum involved

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-rehab-staging-intervention-armed-police.html

i'm fed up of people sayin "oh you can only help someone if they want to be helped".. thats a cop out... whitney was forced.. she had no choice

why didnt ANYONE step up for michael

I'm extremely upset tonight, sorry for rant

Because Whitney has Clive Davis who loves, nurtures and respects his artists.

Who does Sony have that can match Clive Davis? No one.

ok theres SO MANY threads if people want to discuss MJ and whether he had drug problems, was he to blame etc etc

i want to move away from all that, i dont want this to be a thread full of arguments about drugs... please leave the thread if you think MJ didnt have a problem :)

to stay on topic, for those of us who do believe MJ had a major problem with drugs... why wasnt an intervention staged.. like the one whitney houston has been describing in her recent interviews, with armed police and her mum involved

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-rehab-staging-intervention-armed-police.html

i'm fed up of people sayin "oh you can only help someone if they want to be helped".. thats a cop out... whitney was forced.. she had no choice

why didnt ANYONE step up for michael

I'm extremely upset tonight, sorry for rant

I agree with you more should have been done. I read an intervention was done a while ago but his family and friends obviously needed to do more and push harder. I don't understand how this has happened and it seems no one did anything really. I know Michael has to take some responsibility but where was his friends and family. I do not know.

Julia

Wasn't it Whitney's mother who got the police involved? & this is what I was saying before in another thread. The family should have done more even if it meant putting him in jail for it. Sometimes, that is what it takes.

Oh boy I knew this was coming after I saw this Whitney Oprah video. He was not given the Whitney treatment cause the sherriffs ain't gonna come to someones house for using propofol. Mike shut the family out and only let them know what he wanted them to know. I believe he seriously did not know how dangerous this drug could be. When Janet and they intervene some years prior they may of believed he kick the habit, How would you be able to tell someone is hook on diprivan anyway? If they had no real evidence that he was taking something how do you know if your crossing the line and invading some ones privacy???...

sadly i have to agree. as much i want to deny that Michael had a problem it is clear that he did a problem and no one did anything about it. What happened to past muscians who died from overdoses was tragic and alot if those were preventable. If anyone would have helped them they would be here today if not they would have at least lived much longer lives then they did. What happened with Michael was no excuse. The family new something was wrong and yet no one did anything. even if they did any interventions they didnt try hard enough to save him. yes its too late now but it didnt have to be too late. thats what makes me so upset is it this didnt have to happen and shouldnt have happened and it did and now fans and family are mourning and wondering what could have been done to help Michael and save his life. i agree that if someone doesnt want to be helped then they cant be helped is a cop out. If you really care about someone then y9ou will jump through as many hoops as possiable to help that person get the help they need. no one did for Michael but it doesnt have to be too late for anyone eles.

he did not overdose himself did he ?
you ppl want to focus on subjects that don't even matter any more
did you not read the cause of death "injection by another" a doctor that micheal trusted gave him lethal levels of propfol why cant you understand that even if Micheal begged or what ever its the doctors who can say "yes" or "no"

did you not read the cause of death "injection by another" a doctor that micheal trusted gave him lethal levels of propfol why cant you understand that even if Micheal begged or what ever its the doctors who can say "yes" or "no"

But hasn't it been reported that Michael has been injected by another before? The case being the History Tour when he traveled with an anesthesiologist? He should have been made to go to rehab again. Maybe he wouldn't have still been asking for that dangerous drug.

You know, I agree. More should have been done to help Michael. I just don't know what to say on it all because it really hurts me to think about it. If I could have told Michael anything, it would have been I've got your back Michael, you are beautiful and so loved. :cry: The world was so unfair to him, and he only reacted in a way that the average person would have done ten years ago, you know? Things should have been so different. It's like when he said to the children of the world "I'm so sensitive to your pain". That's how I feel about Michael I guess. I can just imagine how he felt, and it was probably ten times worse. It kills me to think about it.

————————————————————————————-------------
totally agree with you. the first person who introduced and prescribed propfol to him should also go to the jail, cause this is not the medication for insomnia. they gave propfol to Michael on purpose, and make him addiction. If the doctor gave you this and told you it is safe and work well, I believe no one can say no to that. after you get addiction, then everthing is out of control, you are not yourself anymore. this is "conspiracy". All people involved should pay for it.

does it even matter now?
Micheal is dead and the ppl who killed him should be in jail and thats the end of it

i see what youre saying and i hope this topic doesnt upset you

i just am so angry that it feels like nothing was done for MJ when he needed help

i'm not blaming anyone and i dont want this to turn into a hateful discussion

i just find it hard to think that britney was helped, whitney was helped... so why wasnt michael ??? its so upsetting

I am SO GLAD that they classified it as "injection by another". It makes it so that Dr. Murray can't weasel out of it and claim that Michael upped the injection himself.

Btw people, jail is SHORT TERM. Long term is PRISON, which is where Dr. Murray belongs!

To answer your question OP, I think there were several things that kept the family from interceding more. Perhaps the "shadow entourage" that LaToya mentions in the interview tonight had a lot to do with it, especially if they kept Michael isolated from anyone who could've helped him. Maybe the family were reluctant to cause waves with Michael too, because he helped to support them.

This is slight different I'm afraid. Whitney was on crack cocaine.

Michael was taking PRESCRIBED medication, which he had to be on, the problem is that due to trauma and pain people can become addicted, especially if you have doctors who don't give a crap or watch how much they are giving. Now propofol is another situtation. This is where there is total negligence by doctors. The fact that Michael was injected so many times on the night he died is also another fact.

Whitney was going to a drug dealer and taking crack cocaine. Michael was going to doctors and getting prescribed medication. And doctors were also meant to be monitoring and looking after him. The night he died he was being administered by a doctor.

But I do feel that everyone let Michael down. When you have someone who has gone through so much trauma you should pay closer attention to them. It's the emotional and mental support that they need. I don't think Michael was getting that properly. And it would have had to be done ages ago.

I was watching a programme the other day where a girl who is now 31 was talking about post traumatic stress and depression. She stated that she had experiences in her childhood that led to these mental issues but did not speak to anyone, she didn't want to burden anyone. She was 19 and going to college when she started self harming. She told some professional at the college and got admitted to a psychiatric hospital. She was heavily medicated and left there for about a month, she said no one came to talk to her or discuss anything, then she signed a piece of paper which she didn't fully understand, knew it was for some treatment, but ended up getting electric shock treatment. This is only 12 years ago. She said that all she needed to do was talk. But the one thing she had was a glimmer of hope to get her out of it. She said you had to have that to survive.

Michael had so much pressure in many different ways. He was always the strong person, the caretaker role. I don't think he would want to burden anyone. He had his children to think about. He was doing a tour. Most importantly he didn't trust anyone. He did not have the environment or foundation unfortunately to reach out or go and get help if he had a problem. He certainly could not have done it with a tour and wanting to sort out some of his financial debts etc. It's just so sad.

Whitney Houston was on cocaine or crack, I think, on illegal drugs. If Michael was dependant, it was to prescription drugs. Would the police accept an intervention of this kind?

I think there is a major difference also : You take cocaine or crack to get high, you take prescription drugs to try and deal with pain, anxiety, insomnia, etc....

I don't think we can compare what happened to Whitney Houston to what seems to have happened to Michael Jackson.

And from personal experience, I don't think you can force someone out of prescription drugs. He had to be willing, and there had to be solutions to the reasons why he was taking those drugs. And reliable doctors, that was obviously not the case. And a reliable system, that would have stopped them from getting certain drugs, or too many of them, if that was the case.

For example, if Propofol should be used only in hospital, then it should be delivered to hospitals only.

i see what youre saying and i hope this topic doesnt upset you

i just am so angry that it feels like nothing was done for MJ when he needed help

i'm not blaming anyone and i dont want this to turn into a hateful discussion

i just find it hard to think that britney was helped, whitney was helped... so why wasnt michael ??? its so upsetting

this topic makes me wanna cry I dont care what happened with him and his family this is f*cking pointless this wont bring him back every week someone has to make a thread about this stupid subject
you are all missing the point he was KILLED by a stupid money hungry doctor I dont care if he had problems Micheal wouldn't kill himself he wanted to sleep to make us happy to give us the best show and now after all he has done instead of wanting justice for him you talk about this shit HE IS DEAD ALREADY I dont care if you are angry at his family he was killed it was ruled "homicide" IT WAS NOT LIKE WHITNEY AT ALL
I dont want to fight with you but you have to understand and focus on what is important

Whitney had street thugs giving her illegal drugs. Michael had a doctor. If this doctor would have done what the nurse did and said NO, Michael would be alive. The drug Michael died from was suppose to be used in hospitals ONLY by LICENSED DOCTORS. It does NOT matter if MJ was an addicted or asked for the drug, the DOCTOR or DOCTORS should have done their jobs with ETHNICS. Drug dealers on the street do not have standards or ethnics not even for themselves. Murray should not have done what he did (and Murray knew it and that why Murray panic, did not call 9/11 on time, and ran). Murray is worst than a street dealer.

ok... if whitney is a bad example cos she was on hardcore crack... but propofol cant really just be called a run of the mill prescribed med. youre NOT MEANT TO BE PRESCRIBING THIS STUFF!!

so anyway...if not whitney... what about Britney? she was on precribed meds and there was an intervention wasnt there? sure she hated her mum for months.. but now she has her kids back , is touring and is part of her family again

WHY NOT MICHAEL?????

this topic makes me wanna cry I dont care what happened with him and his family this is f*cking pointless this wont bring him back every week someone has to make a thread about this stupid subject
you are all missing the point he was KILLED by a stupid money hungry doctor I dont care if he had problems Micheal wouldn't kill himself he wanted to sleep to make us happy to give us the best show and now after all he has done instead of wanting justice for him you talk about this shit HE IS DEAD ALREADY I dont care if you are angry at his family he was killed it was ruled "homicide" IT WAS NOT LIKE WHITNEY AT ALL
I dont want to fight with you but you have to understand and focus on what is important
I know what you mean. MJ death was SENSELESS. What bothers me even more is that MJ believed in eating health foods YEt he took this stupid meds to go to sleep. Also, Mj comes from a long line of family members who live long lives (Joe's father died at 100 years old, his grandmother Crystal was in her late 80's; Katherine's mother was 83; Katherines father was up in age; Katherine is 79, Joe is 80, etc). So you see, MJ comes from a family with a long life line (health wise);so for him to die from something like this is stupid and UNFAIR.

We dont know that his family didnt step up. We're not really in a position to know these things. Interventions were talked about before but you cant underestimate Michaels strength of character. He doesnt like to feel he's being controlled cause he lived a whole life from a young age being controlled.

Whitney and Michael are very different personalities too with very different life experiences. What works for one might not work for the other.

ANd to think Michael and Whitney were the big comebacks of 2009. Both would have done great.

i'm so sorry if this has upset you.. i didnt create this thread to set up an argument or upset ANYBODY

1. im NOT blaming his family here... i have no idea what went on behind closed doors.. none of us do.. maybe his family tried. and it seemed like they didnt have access to him during June. what bothers me is WERE THEY NOTIFIED HOW BAD THE SITUATION HAD BECOME?? did anyone around MJ care enough to tell someone???
2. I'm sorry you feel this type of discussion is pointless, but i feel the net is far wider than Murray. yes he messed up.. but why was MJ on this crazy meds anyway?? why did noone step in?? i feel everyone responsible should pay and thats not just murray. i want justice. and i want to understand and question WHY no intervention took place.. why noone helped when i see other celebs being "recued"... why wasnt michael???

i'm so sorry if this has upset you.. i didnt create this thread to set up an argument or upset ANYBODY

1. im NOT blaming his family here... i have no idea what went on behind closed doors.. none of us do.. maybe his family tried. and it seemed like they didnt have access to him during June. what bothers me is WERE THEY NOTIFIED HOW BAD THE SITUATION HAD BECOME?? did anyone around MJ care enough to tell someone???
2. I'm sorry you feel this type of discussion is pointless, but i feel the net is far wider than Murray. yes he messed up.. but why was MJ on this crazy meds anyway?? why did noone step in?? i feel everyone responsible should pay and thats not just murray. i want justice. and i want to understand and question WHY no intervention took place.. why noone helped when i see other celebs being "recued"... why wasnt michael???
Some doctors said NO while others did not. The doctors should have followed the rules. If that was done, Michael would be alive. Like one doctor said on this issue, "no one has ever died from being told NO in getting prescpiton meds unlike street drugs".

But hasn't it been reported that Michael has been injected by another before? The case being the History Tour when he traveled with an anesthesiologist? He should have been made to go to rehab again. Maybe he wouldn't have still been asking for that dangerous drug.

for what? wanting 8 hours of sleep when he is preparing for 50 concerts?

i am confused? who has proof that MJ has been taking profofol everyday for however long for the "addiction label to fit".

i am sorry... but traveling with an anesthesiologist while on tour..... might not have been the best idea but it isn't a major issue for me. done with proper care and a proper physician.... not a half ass one like murray.

he couldn't sleep.... i like whitney.. but she was getting high.... mike was trying to sleep.

and if he had been given profofol for so many years by different people, goes to show it was safe if DONE PROPERLY. hence michael not knowing the dangers of it.

if he had known murray was a crack pot half *ss doctor i really don't think he would have put himself in that position.

as far as to an intervention.... this case with mj isn't that simple.

i bet whitney didn't have thome thome or other sketchy people surrounding her like mike had.

just a question
what do you think you are gonna get out of this thread ?
even if you get 600 replies do you think your gonna get an explanation form the FANS
what the hell do we know
Micheal was killed no one helped him and thats it

Wasn't it rumored Janet tried to stage an intervention back in 03/04? :unsure:

Yes, Janet also tried to hold an intervention not too long ago during All Star weekend when JD was acting a fool in a strippers club :rolleyes:

well yeah i think thats the thing.. MJ had so many crazies around him.. he had become impossible to reach.. everyone of them leeching off him yet enabling him so he wouldnt shut them out

mjjfan4ever... i really dont see how you can think propofol is ok to use if done sensibly.. literally every doctor ive seen speak on tv has said it is total LUNACY to give propofol to treat insomia.. its INSANE!!! it can only be done "safely" in a HOSIPTAL.. and even if someone LIVED IN A HOSPITAL.. theres no WAY its ok to subject your body to such heavy drugs everynight

im not saying that MJ had def been on propofol for a while (murray may well have been lying about the 6 week thing)

but i'm assuming MJ had serious drug problems from all the info ive gathered from fans since June 25th... but i dont want to start another discussion about whether he had a drugs problem.. as theres plenty of discussions on that

just a question
what do you think you are gonna get out of this thread ?
even if you get 600 replies do you think your gonna get an explanation form the FANS
what the hell do we know
Micheal was killed no one helped him and thats it

i dont know really

im sorry if ive annoyed you

but talking about whats on my mind helps sometimes.. isnt that what a discussion board is for??

my head is all over theplace with how the hell this happened... and i want to talk about it without upsetting anyone.. and without arguing.

i just want to know.. why was whitney saved?? why was britney saved?? why was amy winehouse whisked off to st lucia?? yet michael died :( .... i just find it so upsetting

i hope the truth will one day come out

Back