Place with No Name

tdude418

Proud Member
When is this song going to be released? Will it be released? I want it!

We were teased with just a little snippet and I'm so mad!

'Place With No Name' was recorded back in 1999 guys...It is an outtake from Invincible.

I really hope it isn't the 'new song' included in the TII movie/soundtrack.

:O really?
How do you know it is from 1999 :mellow:

I love it however! I always listen to it on repeat. It's so funky :dance: hope a new album is coming soon!

CJ worked as a bassist/2nd engineer at the record plant on Michael's sessions while he was looking for an engineer to vibe with.

- He [Michael] "went through half a dozen that couldn't keep up with his work style. I kept the session rolling when there were problems with flow, and we got along so he said; be my engineer. We were at the record plant and then moved to Record One studios for sessions through 98/99. That would have been Invincible stuff but MJ was always in the studio doing something. Projects and sessions blur together then end up being records".

- He was not sure how TMZ got it, although the snippet we heard was not the final version. Rather an early work in progress.
- He worked on a lot of great songs with MJ; titles of which have never been released or known to fans. "He also had lots of false starts with producers and writers with songs that didn't get very far". "MJ has many songs worked all the way through, ready to mix, that will never see the light of day i bet".

I asked whether video of the sessions he did with MJ were recorded:

- "These were completely music sessions. I saw no video being shot and only saw a few snapshots taken. The sessions were private and strictly creative and he was very protective of that. One of his brothers came down to have a listen when he wasn't there and became furious that the producer played a few things. He was so pissed we moved to a new studio. When we were at Record One studios, Mike drove himself there and brought Prince sometimes. That's it. maybe his vocal coach would show for vocal exercises if Mike was going to sing but no entourage at all. I think he was tired of all the problems with them. Can't blame him though".

Whatever year it's from I love it ! And would love to have it released!

Take me toooo a place without noo nameee :girl_karaoke:

^^^^Well, you can buy the original version by America. :laugh:

Ugh I know! This needs to be released in full already. Michael sounded wonderful as always. I loved what I heard from the snippet. I must hear the whole thing!

Noooo it's not the same! Michael is always Michael.
There must have been a lot of America playing in Hayvenhurst, because Janet used "Ventura Highway" in her song "Someone To Call My Lover".

This song is so wonderful....I love the combination of a guitar and his voice, he hasn't got so many songs in this style and I must say that it's just AMAZINGGGG!:bugeyed

Can't wait to hear the whole version.:clapping:

I love this song but I get so irritated with the lyrics!
"Take me to a place without no name",
The double negative makes no sense! So is he effectively saying "take me to a place WITH a name"??

Back