Help-About Buying Tickets

BillieJeanBoy

Proud Member
As we all know, the tickets for Michael’s Movie go on Sale September 27th, and the Movie Starts October 28th.

Last edited:
If they're available online I'd buy them online to avoid the long ticket lines at the theater and avoid the dismay of not even being able to see it with the movie being sold out a month before it even comes out.

I too want to know where to buy the tickets. Fandango? Ticketmaster? I have no idea. I've never bought tickets online before.

If they're available online I'd buy them online to avoid the long ticket lines at the theater and avoid the dismay of not even being able to see it with the movie being sold out a month before it even comes out.

I too want to know where to buy the tickets. Fandango? Ticketmaster? I have no idea. I've never bought tickets online before.

I would think it would be though the pictures were the film was playing,but not to sure,thay should hopefully let us know at some point x

i have one question about it, one doubt actually, which is the movie -is it gonna be available in every theatre in every city, region/etc or is it gonna be at specific/only important cities in the country?
because if i 'm gonna buy the ticket and in the end the movie is played in a different city than the one I live in then there's gonna be a problem for me...
does anyone know sth about it?

i have one question about it, one doubt actually, which is the movie -is it gonna be available in every theatre in every city, region/etc or is it gonna be at specific/only important cities in the country?
because if i 'm gonna buy the ticket and in the end the movie is played in a different city than the one I live in then there's gonna be a problem for me...
does anyone know sth about it?

Sony haven't yet (or at least they hadn't yesterday morning) informed the cinemas of how widespread this release will be. They also haven't informed them of how many prints they will receive, or confirmed how long the release will run in cinemas. Neither have they submitted the film to the BBFC for certification in the UK. In the UK at least, this all seems to be very badly organised.
I think they must still be working on the film, but they really need to start making some decisions for cimemas and some public statements about this film if they intend to put the tickets on sales on 27th September.

^^Yes they really do need to start making decisions. I have no idea how we buy tickets - also the sign up thing to get notified when tix go on sale clearly only apply to those in U.S as I tried to register but it wanted zip code and wouldn't accept my postcode....and even if it did accept it, it wouldn't be of much help anyway, we know the date they are being sold but we need MORE info!!!!! aggghhh [sorry for the rant]....

^ I know right?! Only his movie is in the theather for 2 weeks, how worser can it get? They should make it a longer period :shifty:

billiejeanboy youre in USA right? I think they'll definitely will say it soon esp. in the US.

I just rang my local cinema and they said if they are showing it the tickets will go on sale there?????!!!!!

Ya but, do we have to know the exact time we want to go and what day? Otherwise, everybody would show up for the weekend, no?

How many tickets will we be allowed to buy?

actualgif4.gif

Ho Why Ho Whyyy

i hate this! why can they make it like regular movie....play it everywhere!!they do said worldwide. and play it for the whole month. geez!
and why people who bought the real TII tix can't use their tix?its really is excruciating. once again Michael will hate to see they playing with his fans

how bout people outside US and UK....we never get a chance to see him,now that no more hope for that,we still not have the chance. not even in theatre??
so sad

A friend of mine emailed a theater in New Zealand where she is going to see it at (she'll be on vacation there when it comes out) and they said the tickets are going on sale at the theater and on the theater's website on the 27th.
So, I'm assuming everyone will be getting tickets from the individual theaters like any other ticket, only they will be advance tickets.

You should be able to call theaters right now and check their listings. Several in my area knew they were getting the movie.

Tickets will probably be through fandago since that is the system the thaters are on. I am guessing you will be able to buy them online or right at the theater but I too would order them ahead of time.

Any news on how to buy TII tickets?

How do we find out where the movie will play?

Do we have to go stand in line this Sunday morning to buy our tickets or can we buy them online?

From Michael's Facebook page:

Fans worldwide will have the opportunity to celebrate the global launch of Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT when Sony Pictures Entertainment hosts over 25 global premieres, with more than 15 of those coordinated simultaneously around the world, on Tuesday, October 27th. Three hours after the red carpet events begin, audiences will be able to see the highly anticipated film for the first time as the studio has added special advance screenings that evening throughout the world.

Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT will be available worldwide for a limited two-week engagement beginning, Wednesday October 28. Tickets for all shows, including the Tuesday night special advance screenings, are available for purchase beginning this coming Sunday, September 27. Moviegoers can purchase tickets by visiting all major motion picture ticketing websites as well as www.thisisit-movie.com.

"Michael Jackson has an army of fans everywhere around the world. By rolling out this film with simultaneous premieres and special advance screenings on October 27th, we are giving audiences an incredible opportunity to join together in celebration of Michael Jackson's incredible career," said Jeff Blake, chairman, Worldwide Marketing and Distribution for Sony Pictures.

The film's world gala will be in Los Angeles at the Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE on Tuesday, October 27. That event, which begins at 6pm PDT, kicks off a series of more than 25 premieres around the globe. More than 15 cities, including New York, Rio De Janeiro, London, Berlin, Johannesburg, and Seoul will host events simultaneously, with red carpet arrivals and activities from the Los Angeles event broadcast by satellite to those cities. Other cities, including Moscow, Tokyo, Sydney, Paris, and many others will host their own, non-simultaneous premiere activities.

Three hours after the worldwide celebration of the motion picture, the first public screenings of the film will begin. For example, the first audiences in Los Angeles will see the film at 9pm; in New York, audiences will have the opportunity to see the film at midnight; and in London, the advance screenings will be at 4am UK time.

Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT will offer Jackson fans and music lovers worldwide a rare, behind-the-scenes look at the performer as he developed, created and rehearsed for his sold-out concerts that would have taken place beginning this summer in London's O2 Arena. Chronicling the months from March through June, 2009, the film is produced with the full support of the Estate of Michael Jackson and drawn from more than one hundred hours of behind-the-scenes footage, featuring Jackson rehearsing a number of his songs for the show. Audiences will be given a privileged and private look at Jackson as he has never been seen before. In raw and candid detail, Michael Jackson's THIS IS IT captures the singer, dancer, filmmaker, architect, creative genius, and great artist at work as he creates and perfects his final show. Kenny Ortega, who was both Michael Jackson's creative partner and the director of the stage show, is also directing the film, which is being produced by Randy Phillips, Kenny Ortega and Paul Gongaware. Executive producers are John Branca and John McClain. The film will be distributed worldwide by Sony Pictures Releasing. For more information about the film please visit www.thisisit-movie.com.

^ I've read that, but it doesn't tell me much. I get the feeling that it's only for US fans.

I'm not sure how it will be here either. Not to mention that it confuses the hell out of me cause the premiere in Romania is announced for October 28th by some cinemas, and October 30th by others :doh:
Besides, it wouldn't make sense for Europeans to order them from the US, cause by the time we get them, the running of the movie might have already ended :doh:

I'm gonna call the biggest cinema in the capital on Sunday, I desperately need some information!

YAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
I just called one of our cinemas and there the tickets will go on sale FRIDAY!! They cost only $9.50. Like some of you, I thought it would cost more. Wow, something good happened today!!

hollll boy. Im checking fandango and this other site and it's saying that my area isn't showing. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! So I type in other areas and it has a show time for those. You don't know how ANGRY I will be if this doesn't come to my area. OoooooOooOowwa!

also these are great questions? How can you buy tickets online. So confusing.

YAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
I just called one of our cinemas and there the tickets will go on sale FRIDAY!! They cost only $9.50. Like some of you, I thought it would cost more. Wow, something good happened today!!

I'm getting mine next week. May even skip work if they make a pre-pre-sale.

I just got done talking to someone at the local theater and they told me the tickets won't go on sale until 2 weeks prior to it coming out.
So I'm just going to look at all tickets sites starting at 12 am this Sunday.
This is so weird. I've never been this excited to see a movie. Well this is one of the only times I've been excited to see a movie besides when Hey Arnold the movie came out when I was a kid lol.

Do you think the only reason it's being shown for just 2 weeks is so they can rush it out on DVD in time for christmas? In other words, another way to make more money?

I'm getting mine next week. May even skip work if they make a pre-pre-sale.

I'm not sure that's a good idea. This is Michael Jackson, so there may not be any tickets available. I'd go as soon as possible. For some odd reason, one of the cinemas are selling them this Friday, so I'm going then.

Wel,l I checked movietickets.com and they have a page for TII and I entered my zip code and did a 40 miles radius seach and it keeps saying not showing in my area. How can that be it's Tampa Bay Florida? It has to be showing here.

Then I called Muvico and AMC Theatre and they don't know anything. I'm very mad now. How can it not show in such a populated area?

My cinema is defiantly going to be showing it but they will only sell tickets 2 weeks prior to it coming out. Again by then it will be sold out.

My brother just asked me "is it coming out on DVD?"
I said yes it is. So he asked " than why don't you just wait for it to come out on DVD and watch it than."
So I told him, well why didn't you wait for the Dark Knight to come out on DVD to watch it than.
lol he had nothing.

Wel,l I checked movietickets.com and they have a page for TII and I entered my zip code and did a 40 miles radius seach and it keeps saying not showing in my area. How can that be it's Tampa Bay Florida? It has to be showing here.

Then I called Muvico and AMC Theatre and they don't know anything. I'm very mad now. How can it not show in such a populated area?

I used to live in Tampa Bay & I have family there. I'm sure it will be showing there. Try searching on Fandango.com

615 Channelside Drive
Tampa, FL 33602
(813) 221-0700

LOOK HERE

http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=7651

Go to drop down menu and select oct. 28th it says SHOWING

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Back