Robbie Williams tribute to MJ?

dangerous_88

Proud Member
Hope this wasn't posted before...

Robbie's new album is coming up soon, and I found this on Wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_Killed_the_Video_Star#cite_note-10 "In the wake of Michael Jackson's death on 25 June 2009, Williams is reported to have written and recorded a last minute tribute song to Jackson that will be released on the album.[9] The song was co-written by James Bond lyricistDon Black." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_Killed_the_Video_Star#cite_note-mn-8

I know Wikipedia is not the most reliable site out there,but the initial thing that intrigued me and made me open the page on wikipedia before I saw the info above, is the title of the album - Reality Killed The Video Star.

I think that that might have some connection to MJ and his death. I really do.

And btw, Robbie, hypocrite much? Remember "Rudebox" , the song?

just shows how many hypocrites there are in this world if this is true.

HEY OPRAH,MAKE SOME PLACE,WILL YA? WE'VE GOT A NEWBIE HERE!

yes in an interview few years ago he said that the History album was sxxx

Well, lol...that is a bullshitty thing to say..the cd was full of amazing songs, but everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

He never badmouthed his personality? Or anything about the allegations?

Well, lol...that is a bullshitty thing to say..the cd was full of amazing songs, but everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

He never badmouthed his personality? Or anything about the allegations?

well but he could at least say "i do not like History" or something like that...but he just said it in a very rude way but i am not wondered about it..he is like that, that is his level

well in his song Rudebox he is saying some bad word....i dunno about the others if he did so i can not say for sure if this was all or not.

Quick, Robbie, theres been a UFO sighting in Mongolia - now just go there and STAY THERE please.

Quick, Robbie, theres been a UFO sighting in Mongolia - now just go there and STAY THERE please.

Hahaah, yep.

I do have most of his albums and he made some very good
songs. Especially his cd Intensive Care(singer/songwriter-esque cd)
is great. But i remember a performance of him....where people in the
crowd were holding a thing that said 'king of pop' so Robbie grabbed
it and he held it behind his back, towards his butt.... don't know
what he meant with that...but didn't like it really.

I also recently saw fans of him on his site actually calling him
King of pop. Ehh................i didnt just read that, right? LMAO!!!!!!

well but he could at least say "i do not like History" or something like that...but he just said it in a very rude way but i am not wondered about it..he is like that, that is his level

well in his song Rudebox he is saying some bad word....i dunno about the others if he did so i can not say for sure if this was all or not.

If I remember correctly, Robbie didn't have anything nice to say about anyone apart from himself (and maybe Oasis) in the 90's... :rolleyes2:

I like quite a bit of his stuff, Angels is one of my all time favorite songs, but I don't know how I feel about this.

To say you don't like/hate HIStory is like saying you don't believe MJ side of the story because basically that CD was basically MJ explaining his side of the story and what they try to do to him!

all he did was write a song with him in mind cause he died, i think he wouldnt even name him, i dont care anyway really

I've never heard Robbie bad mouth Michael or say anything about Michael, but he did seem to think he was the King of Pop asking Michael (of course Michael wasn't there) in a televised concert if the was a vacancey for the King of Pop. I know that pissed a lot of fans off.

I can't see the point of Robbie recording a tribute to Michael. I guess he would like the world to mourn him like they are doing for Michael if he died. That's the only connection I see in the mind of the self obessed Robbie Williams. Or maybe now he has also faced a backlash by the media, he has some understanding of the pressure Michael had to face.

Ugh, Robbie. That man is the defination of annoying.
I've never liked him. I had no idea he bad mouthed Michael either, calling HIStory s*** is such a low thing to do. Who the hell does he think he is?
Let him have his little tribute song if it makes him feel better, he can just disappear again after that.

RW himself has wrote on his blog, on his official webpage that the rumour of him making a MJ tribute song was and is a lie. Nothing but a rumour!

Well, everybody has their own opinion about albums, it's not my favorite, but Robbie may have another way to say it.
I like Robbie Williams, went to his concert once in Paris for my b-day, was great.

I don't care if he entitled himself King of Pop, we know he isn't, he's arrogant, but it's his personnality... I don't think he's ever been REALLY MEAN to someone publicly.. not even Michael.
He's a character, so I still think it's funny and I like what he does.. Maybe, like many others, he finally understood the importance of Michael and found out that he actually loved Michael as an artist. Who knows, if this is true with the song, we'll see, I'm curious :)

I thought this thread said Robin Williams. LOL!

When in Nngland there was the Michaelmania revolution cause Michael was to perform there, this guy say he was going to beat down Michael cause he was the real King of Pop, hahahahah stupid, he's stupid

Well, everybody has their own opinion about albums, it's not my favorite, but Robbie may have another way to say it.
I like Robbie Williams, went to his concert once in Paris for my b-day, was great.

I don't care if he entitled himself King of Pop, we know he isn't, he's arrogant, but it's his personnality... I don't think he's ever been REALLY MEAN to someone publicly.. not even Michael.
He's a character, so I still think it's funny and I like what he does.. Maybe, like many others, he finally understood the importance of Michael and found out that he actually loved Michael as an artist. Who knows, if this is true with the song, we'll see, I'm curious :)

I remember quite a few years ago now he said in an interview that Sophie Ellis Bextor had a face like a satellite dish! He can be a real bastard. But saying that, I think he was going through some kind of breakdown or something at the time...you never really know what is going on with people when they say things. I like his songs, but can't say I'm keen on him.

People cant diss Michael for his personal life but its ok for us to do it to other artists?

I really think we should take it alittle more easy on Robbie Williams. When i got into his music, basically when 'Intensive Care' came out...i kinda did some research, just like i did with Michael. And this dude surely had his things in life...drugs usage, several interviews where you see him as a perfectly normal dude, NOT arrogant(it seems like a image to me) and very friendly and down to earth. Questioning the meanings of life and things. I saw a different side of him...different than the image of 'i am the best, and whatever i do is cool and funny' . I went to his show in Amsterdam and it was great.

I also believe he has changed. I also remember that during a performance he talked to his fans about how he was looking outside his hotel room one time and seeings fans and stuff...and he then said ' That moment i felt ..dare i say, a bit like Michael Jackson' . That really ain't negative or anything. We should not 'hate' so much on the guy.

I really think we should take it alittle more easy on Robbie Williams. When i got into his music, basically when 'Intensive Care' came out...i kinda did some research, just like i did with Michael. And this dude surely had his things in life...drugs usage, several interviews where you see him as a perfectly normal dude, NOT arrogant(it seems like a image to me) and very friendly and down to earth. Questioning the meanings of life and things. I saw a different side of him...different than the image of 'i am the best, and whatever i do is cool and funny' . I went to his show in Amsterdam and it was great.

I also believe he has changed. I also remember that during a performance he talked to his fans about how he was looking outside his hotel room one time and seeings fans and stuff...and he then said ' That moment i felt ..dare i say, a bit like Michael Jackson' . That really ain't negative or anything. We should not 'hate' so much on the guy.

Your right. Plus hes such a great entertainer. He really is. Not on the level of our Mike. But he just has so much charisma when on stage. Watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPQhdna79sk

Back