Aaargh!! What to do?

Campari

Proud Member
This isn't directly related to the movie, but I didn't know where else to put it.

I don't have anyone to go see the movie with. I can't think of a single friend of mine who is a fan, or enough of a fan to want to see the film. If I bring my hubby or best friend they'll just put a damper on the experience with their "witty" comments... So, I'm thinking of waiting for the DVD so I can enjoy it to the fullest all alone in my living room, singing along and crying and smiling.. ya know.. being a *cough*obsessed*cough* fan. hehe..
But I don't want to miss out on the whole theater atmosphere either. So I'm torn.
What would you do?

Yes....good question. Where are you? I think we can more than likely find a fan here who is close to you than you can go and watch it with.

You could create a thread like: This Is It - MJJC members from Norway
Just an idea... :)

Yeah.. we're a large country with very few people living in it, so I don't think it'd get me anywhere. And I don't live in the capital either.
My dilemma is either to bring one of my `I can sing along to Beat It if I'm really drunk´ friends, or watch it alone in my jammies later on DVD :)

`I can sing along to Beat It if I'm really drunk´ friends
:hysterical:

I think you should give it a try to create such a thread! There are more people here from Norway than you think. For the fun I did a quick "Norway" search and have found nine people already. :cheeky:

Yeah, I'm from Norway..but I live in the capital, Oslo..although not originally from there, I'm from the countryside..but anyways. I've been thinking about the same thing. Who I was going to see the movie with, cause I want to see it with a FAN..who understands it, and me.... who can cry, cause I DEF will!!

Yeah, I'm from Norway..but I live in the capital, Oslo..although not originally from there, I'm from the countryside..but anyways. I've been thinking about the same thing. Who I was going to see the movie with, cause I want to see it with a FAN..who understands it, and me.... who can cry, cause I DEF will!!
hmmmm, I know what you mean....
A good alternative is to just go alone! I mean, then you won't have to feel pressured to do or not do anything if you bring along someone who isn't a real fan. Also, you can just get up and dance in the aisles, go crazy, cry, or sing along all you want. Or better yet, you'll meet some other real MJ fans- cause let me tell you, when fans get together in the name of MJ, it's like a family!!

This isn't directly related to the movie, but I didn't know where else to put it.

I don't have anyone to go see the movie with. I can't think of a single friend of mine who is a fan, or enough of a fan to want to see the film. If I bring my hubby or best friend they'll just put a damper on the experience with their "witty" comments... So, I'm thinking of waiting for the DVD so I can enjoy it to the fullest all alone in my living room, singing along and crying and smiling.. ya know.. being a *cough*obsessed*cough* fan. hehe..
But I don't want to miss out on the whole theater atmosphere either. So I'm torn.
What would you do?

I am going alone and it's a choice. When I told my bf about the movie, he was like "do you want me to go with you" and I was like NO!
I want to be alone, go there and live every second of that movie. And then share it with people that understand. I won't stomach anyone that will not get into it the same way I will, they would just get on my nerves, I know it *I'm damn emotional and impatient* and I would have to deal with them when all I want is to be one on one in my head with Michael.

I am going alone and it's a choice. When I told my bf about the movie, he was like "do you want me to go with you" and I was like NO! I want to be alone, go there and live every second of that movie. And then share it with people that understand. I won't stomach anyone that will not get into it the same way I will, they would just get on my nerves, I know it *I'm damn emotional and impatient* and I would have to deal with them when all I want is to be one on one in my head with Michael.

I want to go alone too. :( I need to be with him alone.. just Michael and me. And whomever else is in the theater as well. :lol:

But yeah I need to be happy and upset and laugh and cry by myself.. then if I can I'll go with other people, a few friends.

:waving: hi fellow Cancer :lmao:

:D

We are a mess! But I totally understand you. I can't say that the friends I would go with wouldn't be in that theater bawling right along with me, but I still need to have my moment with Mike alone. :(

I am going alone and it's a choice. When I told my bf about the movie, he was like "do you want me to go with you" and I was like NO!
I want to be alone, go there and live every second of that movie. And then share it with people that understand. I won't stomach anyone that will not get into it the same way I will, they would just get on my nerves, I know it *I'm damn emotional and impatient* and I would have to deal with them when all I want is to be one on one in my head with Michael.

:lol: Yeah same here!
I'm thinking about taking my oldest boy with me (he's 6) He's not a fan (yet!) but he likes Mike's videos and popcorn :lol:

Yeah, just go by yourself. Relax and see Michael without having to talk to anyone or hear their evaluation! It'll be OK, you'll be with a bunch of fans that feel the way you do.

:lol: Yeah same here!
I'm thinking about taking my oldest boy with me (he's 6) He's not a fan (yet!) but he likes Mike's videos and popcorn :lol:

Oh you should do this!
It'd be a nice way to spend some time with him and introduce him to MJ at the same time!

Maybe later in life he'll be all "I remember one day my mom too me to see This Is It and Michael Jackson was the coolest ever", haha.

Anyway, I was having the same dilemma - I made a thread asking if there were any fans in New England/Boston area who wanted to meet up, but no one replied to it. :(

So I think I'm going to go alone. I usually go to shows alone and I tend to meet a lot of great people at them, so I'm hoping this will be fine.

I just know I don't want to wait for the DVD - I want to share the experience with other MJ fans together! It's all about love! ;)

Oh you should do this!
It'd be a nice way to spend some time with him and introduce him to MJ at the same time!

Maybe later in life he'll be all "I remember one day my mom too me to see This Is It and Michael Jackson was the coolest ever", haha.

Anyway, I was having the same dilemma - I made a thread asking if there were any fans in New England/Boston area who wanted to meet up, but no one replied to it. :(

So I think I'm going to go alone. I usually go to shows alone and I tend to meet a lot of great people at them, so I'm hoping this will be fine.

I just know I don't want to wait for the DVD - I want to share the experience with other MJ fans together! It's all about love! ;)

Same here! But I can't wait for the DVD to come out so I can watch it in the comfort of my own home and be able to watch it any time I want.
But I am not going to miss it on the big screen. I can't stand people who tell me "well why don't you just wait till it gets out on DVD" when these exact people were going crazy saying they couldn't wait for the DVD they just had to see that special movie of theirs on the big screen...ok enough with my babbling lol

Oh you should do this!

I just bought the tix! :punk: All I'm hoping now is that he won't start acting up in there cause it's boring or something.. He won't understand the speaking parts, so I'm hoping there'll be lots of music! :D

I will be going for the premiere all by myself. Am glad am not the only one feeling the same. Campari which date are you going? Am in Oslo:)

Back