This is amazing, people talking about working with Michael. Must read.

Maybe it's been posted here before, but it's VERY worth it to post it again. Cause this is for both fans and non fans a must read. So awesome. People who worked with Michael on several of his albums talk about him and his working ways.His personality, their opinion on the ridiculous allegations...this right here is real talk. Just when you think you know how good and generous he really was...you find out that he was even more than that.

I heard Bruce Swedien's book was not really worth it...but if that book had been like this, i would have bought it right away. Go read this.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-m...-worked-michael-jacksons-dangerous-album.html

few quotes..

We recorded a Christmas song during the summer of '94 that needed a children's choir. Michael insisted that the entire studio be decorated with xmas lights, tree, fake snow and a sled for their recording. And he bought presents for everyone.

At one point Michael was angry at one of the producers on the project because he was treating everyone terribly. Rather than create a scene or fire the guy, Michael called him to his office/lounge and one of the security guys threw a pie in his face. No further action was needed . . . . .

Once, while we were taking a break, I think we were actually watching the OJ chase on TV, there was a news program talking about him being in Europe with some little boy. I was sitting next to the guy while the news is making this crap up. He just looked at me and said this is what I have to deal with.

This is second hand information.... I have a friend who worked with MJ about 10 years ago and he mentioned that you would not understand the talent this guy had until you worked with him. He also said that his voice was powerful enough to break microphones. In fact, I believe (I'm not positive) he said Mike broke one.

Thank you SO SO SO much for posting this. I've never seen it before.

I've spent probably an hour looking through that thread and reading. wow.

I never realised that was MJ beatboxing stranger in moscow.. i thought it was a drum kit!

Thanks for posting this. I'd never read it before.

Awesome!!! I really hope that Rodney releases the Invincible Sessions very soon on DVD.

This would be even better than the TII Rehearsals. A dream would come true to see the master working in the studio.

At one point Michael was angry at one of the producers on the project because he was treating everyone terribly. Rather than create a scene or fire the guy, Michael called him to his office/lounge and one of the security guys threw a pie in his face. No further action was needed . . . .

:punk::lol: :lol: Go Mike! :lol:

That thread is so interesting.. hearing them talk about how Michael worked.

But heres another funny part -

[FONT=&quot]One fear of mine was that I knew there’d come a day that it would be just Michael and I in the same room one on one. I’d rehearsed it in the mirror over and over, just what was I going to say to this guy??? Well that day came, and what was probably seconds, seemed like a very long time. Catering had arrived at the Studio and here Michael and I were standing by ourselves. I was looking at the floor and said to myself, “this is it, this is what I‘ve been afraid of, I’m going to have to break the ice.” I took a big deep breath and raised my head to speak and … wham .. I got hit with a handful of corn, I thought, “oh no this is going to be war” … I picked up some pickles and threw them at Michael, then he threw something else and it went back and forth for a while. We were laughing so hard (I had to clean it all up later of coarse) but for three weeks we couldn’t look at each other without laughing. What a great way for him to make me feel at ease. Michael really has a great sense of humor, he just loves seeing people do a 3 stooges act and fumble all over themselves. I wish there were more people in the world exactly like Michael Jackson, he is truly one amazing human being.

How's that for a funny pie in the face story???

Russ[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I love this.. thank you!!! And like someone say here before Michael never stop to impresse me! When I think he can't be more great and amazing.... HE GOES AND TOPS IT!! :love:

I love that thread. Fascinating to read about the creation of his work from the people who were there doing it!
Seriously, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

meninblack.jpg

Didn't know this!!!!!

Thank you for posting this, I'd never seen it before!

"
We recorded a Christmas song during the summer of '94 that needed a children's choir. Michael insisted that the entire studio be decorated with xmas lights, tree, fake snow and a sled for their recording. And he bought presents for everyone."

Adorable.

"After a few moments we could see that one of the speakers (custom quad augspuergers) was shooting blue flames. Mj liked this and proceeded to push all the faders up . . . ."

Hahaha.

"MJ liked hot water while he was singing. I mean really hot !!!!! It got to the point that I would melt plastic spoons to test it."

Interesting!

"The studio crew got free tickets to the Janet show so we all went right from work one night. About halfway through the show we see this dude with a long beard, dressed in robes dancing in the aisle behind. I mean really dancing . . . it was Mj in disguise. Kind of like the costume Chevy Chase wears in Fletch while roller skating."

Haha, amazing.

The people are there to tell their stories. I see people asking them questions and they get answered. At the moment i don't have any questions...you guys???

I like the story with MJ calling someone to his office and had a pie in his face. As he was being nasty to the chior while rehearsing on some song.. MJ makes me laugh

Last edited:
where can you buy this book from??? PM me!! cos I forget to look back :mellow:

where can you buy this book from??? PM me!! cos I forget to look back :mellow:

You mean Bruce Swedien's book? I heard from other people that's it's very technical and only a small part is about Michael. But i am sure you can find it at Amazon.com or big bookstores.

But that thread is basically alittle like a book...the stories there are great, i stopped reading for now. Cause it got a bit too much...i want to save some for tomorrow, it's great stuff. When you read that....you'd wish all the more, that you'd ever got a chance to meet him.

By the way ...Men in black , the song was not gonna be about the movie at all. It was similar to Black or White and they had to choose between the two.

"MJ liked hot water while he was singing. I mean really hot !!!!! It got to the point that I would melt plastic spoons to test it."

Hot water??? What for?? Did he put his feet into the water or did he drink it??
Häää??????????????????????????????????

I got Bruces's Book like a month or so ago...and I really liked it. Even though there is more info on producing and stuff...I enjoyed the Michael Part...

ha ha. Well, for his part he is a producer,lol.

I love how the MJ fans hijacked the thread and no one goes there anymore, poor Gearslutz!

Maybe it's been posted here before, but it's VERY worth it to post it again. Cause this is for both fans and non fans a must read. So awesome. People who worked with Michael on several of his albums talk about him and his working ways.His personality, their opinion on the ridiculous allegations...this right here is real talk. Just when you think you know how good and generous he really was...you find out that he was even more than that.

I heard Bruce Swedien's book was not really worth it...but if that book had been like this, i would have bought it right away. Go read this.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-m...-worked-michael-jacksons-dangerous-album.html

My favorite board ever!
I've been reading with great interest without sleeping and eating for days and nights in late June :(

Thanks for opening this thread :)

mmmhhmm.. perhaps they shouldn't have done that.. but I think one of the guys said it was ok to talk about it with everyone.

I love how the MJ fans hijacked the thread and no one goes there anymore, poor Gearslutz!

Back