Rolling Stone: "Two new songs" on TII DVD

electrickeyez

Proud Member
Hey everyone!

I got the new Rolling Stone yesterday and in the "Briefs" section they have a quick blip about This Is It coming to theaters for two weeks and that a DVD version featuring two new songs will be on shelves in time for the holidays.

Hey everyone!

I got the new Rolling Stone yesterday and in the "Briefs" section they have a quick blip about This Is It coming to theaters for two weeks and that a DVD version featuring two new songs will be on shelves in time for the holidays.

Interesting-two new songs on the DVD?? 2 New Live performances from the This is it rehearsals ??

It didn't say specifically. It did say "on the DVD" though. When I get home, I'll type out the little blip word for word.

that's awesome news! :punk:

can't wait for the film, soundtrack, dvd and blu-ray :jump:

Thats Awesome...Ama be buying 3 Dvd's...1st one for only Me to watch, 2nd one for others to watch in the living room, and the 3rd one just to put it on display...I know its GONNA BE AMAZING!!!

Thanks sooo much eyez for sharing...
same here:D

Interesting-two new songs on the DVD?? 2 New Live performances from the This is it rehearsals ??

Could be just 2 songs we've never seen him perform before or Michael performing two new never heard songs. Or just the audio tracks of 2 new songs.

We'll see what the OP says. Thanks electrickeyez.

When will the dvd be released?? In November or before Christmas in Dezember??

To have the DVD ready for the Christmas shopping rush, they'd have to get on it right after the film's theatrical run is over. I hope that's what they'll do.

Sources tell me the estate is aiming to get that DVD out in stores in the last week of November or first week of December.

Perhaps Sony have been working on music videos for two new songs, note that it doesn't say anything about it being a live performance of them. I know John Branca said that the soundtrack CD will feature a brand new song. If that insider that posted on another forum is correct then the DVD is going to be jam-packed with stuff since they said not only will be feature the film but that it would feature 2 hours worth of rehearsal performances as well as other 'goodies'.

I've got a feeling its two previously unperformed routines. Maybe one incorporating his new move?

I'm surprised your sources didn't tell you there's apparently two new songs coming out, as opposed to one, ala Rolling Stone.

My sources have only confirmed to me that ONE new song will be included on the soundtrack CD. I have heard nothing about this second song, whether or not it will appear on the DVD I'm not sure. In fact, both sources I have been talking to have NEVER mentioned new songs appearing on the DVD. What they did mention was that the DVD will be jam packed with unreleased footage and other "goodies". No other information was given. If I hear anything about the 2 new songs appearing on the DVD I will let everyone know ASAP! Keep in mind that the estate/Sony are still working out the final plans on both the CD and DVD including it's contents. There are some things that are very likely to be on it, and other things that have not been decided yet.

My sources have only confirmed to me that ONE new song will be included on the soundtrack CD. I have heard nothing about this second song, whether or not it will appear on the DVD I'm not sure. In fact, both sources I have been talking to have NEVER mentioned new songs appearing on the DVD. What they did mention was that the DVD will be jam packed with unreleased footage and other "goodies". No other information was given. If I hear anything about the 2 new songs appearing on the DVD I will let everyone know ASAP! Keep in mind that the estate/Sony are still working out the final plans on both the CD and DVD including it's contents. There are some things that are very likely to be on it, and other things that have not been decided yet.

Great Thank you very much for your informations! Awesome from you!!

Offtopic-By the way did you hear something about future MJ Concert DVDs?? A lot of fans would like to have BAd 88 and Victory on DVD. Any plans for a future release of these two concerts??

Can't wait for the radio stations to ALL play his new stuff!!!

God I love and miss him so much!

The Rolling Stone blip was literally maybe two sentences long, I'll type it out verbatim when I get home. My take on it is this... there probably won't be a separate soundtrack CD commercially released. It will probably be sold as a two disc set - one DVD and one CD. Some people, like Rolling Stone, probably just referred to this package as a DVD. Just my take, who knows.

2 new songs....errrr great ?

how can anyone get excited over this ?

Sounds like the two new songs are actually the two different versions of the song "This is it"

Back