Katherine Jackson Can Challenge Administrators

xXMJJXx

Proud Member
Posted Sep 18th 2009 5:51PM by TMZ Staff
The probate judge in the Michael Jackson estate case has ruled Katherine Jackson can challenge the special administrators and not forfeit her position as a beneficiary in Michael's will.

0918_katherine_jackson_doc_launch_ex.jpg

As a result of the ruling, Katherine can now safely challenge special administrators John Branca and John McClain without jeopardizing her position in the will -- she's set to get 40% of the net value of the estate.

The will has a "no contest" clause -- which means any beneficiary who contests the will gets aced out of inheriting anything. But the court has now ruled challenging the special administrators is not a "contest" of the will itself.

Interestingly, the court specifically ruled .... Katherine objecting to the special administrators on grounds there was some sort of "undue influence" imposed on M.J. is not a "contest" under the will.
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0RV4o6uSv

In my own opinion I don't think it's not good idea for Katherine to be a special administrator. Katherine should let the men handle Michael's estate they know what they are doing.

I disagree - I really think Joe & Jermaine are pulling her strings.

And I think they should leave the will and the executors as per Michael desired to leave it.

Poor Mother Katherine.

I disagree with you I think they should not leave Branca unsupervised, he needs to have someone watching him. This estate concerns her, god knows what Branca would do if left unchecked, he needs to know that he is not in full control.

hmmm

the executors have done a fantastic job so far, i hope this doesnt change that too much...ie: joe and jermaine via Katherine interfering

They should respect MJ's last will. If the family get control of the estate MJ's kids won't get a penny.

In my own opinion I don't think it's not good idea for Katherine to be a special administrator. Katherine should let the men handle Michael's estate they know what they are doing.

I think the same, Katherine is in the will to take care of the kids, those man are in the will to take care of the estate.

They should respect MJ's last will. If the family get control of the estate MJ's kids won't get a penny.

I totally agree The Jackson should respect Michael wishes but they won't.

IMO this should be left at the hands of the executors, John Branca knows very well what he's doing and the estate can only benefit from his actions...unfortunately Katherine isn't the right person for such a position, she's a wonderful woman, but has no knowledge of the music industry.

Yes! ... I don't want to get my hopes up too high

Actually, I'm still gutted any of it has to be happening at all, it simply shouldn't have happened and I'm finding it really hard to get past that at the moment :(

I agree that they've appeared to be doing a good job so far, but the investigation hasn't even started yet .. it's still early days.

But I've always found it a strange thing, that there was this shift over of staff again and Branca came back in so close to Michael's death. I worry about Branca's connections and whether Michael would be at risk of losing his music catalogues most of all.

I don't really know how anyone can be certain other than Branca (Maybe McClain?) that it was Michael's last Will, or if it whether Michael knew what he was signing, we've recently seen an example of that, being fed medications and not even remembering signing things :(

All of that said though, in that industry, it must be really hard to find lawyers/advisors that you can really trust, Michael was separated from his finances and exploited so often by so many, that it still makes me feel queezy if it changed, who to? I feel Katherine loved Michael very much and I feel sure she'll do the right thing by him.

But if it came to it and I had to choose between Michael's family & Sony walking away with everything, then I'd sooner it was his family.

Last edited:
I don't know what to say about this. To be honest, I trust John Branca and John McClain. They've done an amazing job up until now. If Michael wanted them to take care of the estate, Katherine should leave it this way.

I am glad she can see what is going on, but I hope Jermaine and Joe do not interfere. Branca is a crook, but he may do well for the Children..Prince will have a say in a few years. I hope by then the Family don't bankrupt the estate..damn too many Jacksons..

I am glad she can see what is going on, but I hope Jermaine and Joe do not interfere. Branca is a crook, but he may do well for the Children..Prince will have a say in a few years. I hope by then the Family don't bankrupt the estate..damn too many Jacksons..

based on what?

I don't see anything wrong with Katherine being able to keep an eye on whats going on.

I think the current administrators have been doing a good job.
Katherine, Prince, Paris, and Blanket are being well taken care of,
and that is what Michael Jackson wanted.
The only people who benefit from more court time are the lawyers
on both sides. :scratch:

I don't see anything wrong with Katherine being able to keep an eye on whats going on.

Did she not file for 24M$ bankruptcy, not too long ago?
She claimed asset of less than 700 000$, and over 24M$ in debt.

You think she can manage a +500M estate....@ 79?

It saddens me that his own family doesn't respect him enough to abide by his last will.

Personally, if anyone, other than those selected by MJ in his will, get control of the estate, I am boycotting it. I will not buy one single item they put out. This is how strongly I feel about this.

As long as Branca & McClain are calling the shots (as directed in MJ's will), I am all for it...Any variation from that, I will not spend my hard earned cash.

Last edited:
I am not happy...agree it is not Kathrine's decision but Joe and Jermaine pulling the strings...Katherine is still grieving has more important things to deal with then to contest the will...not happy..estate admins have been doing a fantastic job so far....

it is not about "keeping an eye on whats going on"
she would get that without contesting the will anyway as every decision on payouts or new contracts have to go through the judge anyway...
it is about
1, the right questioning who the administrators are and asking to appoint different administrators than defined in the wil
2, questioning the operating pricinples of the estate (eg payouts to be authorized by judge) etc to "loosen" the rules on management of the funds already in the estate.

this is about wanting to gain more executive decision making rights...

and to be honest if MJ would have wanted to give that ...he would have...in the will..but he didnt...

I am not happy...agree it is not Kathrine's decision but Joe and Jermaine pulling the strings...Katherine is still grieving has more important things to deal with then to contest the will...not happy..estate admins have been doing a fantastic job so far....
I agree with you. Michael Jackson's wishes should be carried out
just the way he stated them in his will. :yes:

Last edited:
If they -Joe and Jermaine- begin to mess up with the estate at around the time the movie is out and give it bad press and feedback to the haters, I'm done with them for good..!!

I don't know what to think of this situation. In the beginning, I thought it would be a good idea to have Katherine at the table so that she can keep an eye on Branca. But since then I have seen how Jermaine has manipulated her by having her write that letter and make that video in support of the tribute, even though it had been circulating that no one in the family supported the tribute besides Jermaine.

But then we all discussed that it might be Londell McMillan who would be representing Mrs. Jackson at the table. Londell has become interesting lately in light of what was said in Dr. Hoefflin's open letter yesterday stating that McMillan could possibly be in cahoots with somebody to stop the evidence that he has from convicting those that might be responsible for Michael's death.

My gut instinct is that this ruling might not be a good idea in light of what has happened since Michael's death. But, for sure, there is still more info to come.

But I've always found it a strange thing, that there was this shift over of staff again and Branca came back in so close to Michael's death. I worry about Branca's connections and whether Michael would be at risk of losing his music catalogues most of all.

I wonder too if Branca still has a connection with Sony. I remember reading that he was at one point being paid by Sony and there was a conflict of interest b/w that and the work he was doing for MJ. According to what I've heard, the executors can sell MJ's share of the catalog. The Jacksons do not control that. But with this new article; I assume Katherine would be able to contest it.

Did she not file for 24M$ bankruptcy, not too long ago?
She claimed asset of less than 700 000$, and over 24M$ in debt.

You think she can manage a +500M estate....@ 79?

Whaatt? Are you serious? How is she filing for bankruptcy when MJ paid for everything? Do you have a source for that claim? The only way I could see that happening is if she were overspending or giving away more than she had.

it is not about "keeping an eye on whats going on"
she would get that without contesting the will anyway as every decision on payouts or new contracts have to go through the judge anyway...
it is about
1, the right questioning who the administrators are and asking to appoint different administrators than defined in the wil
2, questioning the operating pricinples of the estate (eg payouts to be authorized by judge) etc to "loosen" the rules on management of the funds already in the estate.

this is about wanting to gain more executive decision making rights...

and to be honest if MJ would have wanted to give that ...he would have...in the will..but he didnt...

Interesting...Ok, I've re-read TMZ's article and the last sentence is really interesting. I would say your two points seem to be correct.

Last edited:
I believe there is no reason to doubt Branca. He has always done good deals for Michael, he has been very royal and is considered to be the number 1 entertainment lawyer.

To correct some mistakes

I wonder too if Branca still has a connection with Sony. I remember reading that he was at one point being paid by Sony and there was a conflict of interest b/w that and the work he was doing for MJ. According to what I've heard, the executors can sell MJ's share of the catalog. The Jacksons do not control that. But with this new article; I assume Katherine would be able to contest it.

Branca never worked for Sony. It was Bert Fields. The lawyer Michael hired after he left go Branca with the influence of Geffen. When he found out Bert Fields was working for Sony the same time, he rehired Branca for his business purposes and Fields became his lawyer for personal purposes.

Whaatt? Are you serious? How is she filing for bankruptcy when MJ paid for everything? Do you have a source for that claim? The only way I could see that happening is if she were overspending or giving away more than she had.

It is true Katherine and Joe filed for bankruptcy in 1999. It was probably due to their not successful business deals. they listed assets in the $100,000 - $500,000 range and their estimated debts in the $10 - $50 million range.

A lot of the websites mentions this bankruptcy in recent news as well such as

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...erine-jacksons-multimillion-dollar-bankruptcy

i thought john branca was a good guy? why is katherine suspicious?

But then we all discussed that it might be Londell McMillan who would be representing Mrs. Jackson at the table. Londell has become interesting lately in light of what was said in Dr. Hoefflin's open letter yesterday stating that McMillan could possibly be in cahoots with somebody to stop the evidence that he has from convicting those that might be responsible for Michael's death.

With the McMillan letter, I couldn't understand it, but it's the way things have been worded that are confusing I think, I don't see it as a block to Hoefflin speaking to the Sun, to stop the bad rumours about Michael. which is what Katherine's meant to have given her permission for, as he's not speaking on anyone else's behalf, other than his own, him doing that, would be the same as you writing a letter to the Sun about Michael.

It's Wietzman and Branca that that said he doesn't rep the estate and can't talk about Klein in the public domain.

i thought john branca was a good guy? why is katherine suspicious?

I don't think this is about suspicion , it is more about control.

Currently any decision about Michael is done by Branca , so let's say if family wants to use Michael's name etc they will need executors approval. If Katherine becomes one of the executors and / or can change the executors they would have much more control over the business decisions.

Back