1. Early J5
2. Thriller
3. Dangerous
4. OTW
5. BAD
6. Invincible
7. HIStory
8. Teenage J5

OTW (and Destiny and Triumph from the Jacksons era since they were all around the same time)
Thriller
Bad
Dangerous
Teenage J5/Early J5 (yeah I'm lumping them all together...)
Invincible
HIStory

Last edited:
1. Thriller
2. OTW
3. BAD
4. Dangerous
5. HIStory
6. Early J5/Teenage J5
7. Invincible

Oh boy, not alot of love for j5? Such a pure amazing voice coming out of that little 9 year old.

1. OTW
2. Early J5
3. Teenage J5
4. Dangerous
5. Thriller
6. BAD
7. HIStory
8. Invincible

hmm that was harder than i thought :unsure:

1. Early J5
2. Thriller
3. Off The Wall
4. HIStory
5. Bad
6. Invincible
7. Dangerous
8. Teenage J5

1969-72 (Pure and soaring)
1976-81 (Mature but still with the joy of youth)
1973-75 (Really funky)
1982-4 (A little darker but still has a real melodic quality)
1985-89 (A little more shouty or angry but hadn't lost any range)
1990-1993 (when he's rushing the songs live or trying to hard to be street I don't like it. He's still good when he's subtle)
2007-9 I can't totally judge yet but going from what I hear on the This Is It previews this is better then he sounded in years.
1994-1999 (Ok I actually like his studio vocals on History better then Dangerous but too much lip synching live so I dock him for not singing,)
2000-2006 (He never sounded bad but you can hear him struggle a touch compared to the older songs)
Pre Motown (He had not really developed yet but you can hear potential.)

Just because Invincible may be his weakest material, vocally he was in great form. Don't let some of the weak material put you off, his delivery on songs like Speechless and YAML is the work of a vocal master.

I would rank it:

1. OTW/Triumph/Destiny era (pure and effortless)
2. Forever Michael era (his vocals on One Day In Your Life and You Are There are just heartbreaking)
3. Invincible era (his vocals on Heaven Can Wait, Butterflies, Speechless, YAML... so soulful)
4. Thriller era
5. Dangerous era
6. Early J5 era
7. HIStory era (my favourite album, although we didn't really hear anything new from MJ vocally)
8. Bad era

Last edited:
Ooohh.. this is a good thread....

1) OTW/Triumph/Destiny- I love his sweet souful voice in this period....
2) Early J5- Kid had some serious soul!
3) Bad- Michael started experimenting with his music and guess what? He sounds awesome!!!
4) Dangerous/Thriller- I love these 2 eras and love his voice as well.
5) Teenage Mike- It's really interesting to hear the transition from his baby voice to the signature Michael voice we know today.
6) Invincible- Mike sounds real good in this album. He gave us different songs to showcase his strong vocals. His voice was more seasoned.
7) History- I love his voice in this era as well, seriously. Unfortunately, I have to have a last place for the voice ranking....

EXTRA:
8) Pre- Motown- His voice was so cute back then....He actually sang more soulfully before Motown polished them up. However, he is still lacking the experience.

Anyways, Michael's voice has always been beautiful his entire life....

Back