Michael Jackson speaks about his family (Audio inside)

Wow. I don't even know what to say. I mean clearly that is him on the tapes and it sounds like the Mike from the early 80s. U know what though? No family is perfect, and the Jackson's weren't either. It's a shame that these tapes are being released now when Michael can't stop them and when the family is going through so much. Really it's the last thing they need. (although I highly doubt the family is sitting around perusing News Of The World, so they probably will never see or hear this anyway, which is a good thing).

I'm sure they know tho that no matter how much complaining Michael did to some reporter or whatever, it was just growing pains at that time, him at the end stages of freeing himself from the Jacksons, and finally becoming his own person outside of the group and the beginnings of him as a superstar icon of music. That's all I hear in those tapes, nothing more. Besides these tapes were made more than 20 years ago, I'm sure whatever beef Michael had with his family that he expressed in these tapes was fixed and forgotten years ago. Things change, people change, opinions and feelings change.

Last edited:
Wow..all i know next friday dateline is going to play all the tapes there was a preview and you hear him say he wants to be loved thats touch me so much I can't take it

i dont see what the problem is.

nothing even really negative that we didnt already know was in the tapes. He talked good about tito.

So as stevie wonder would say... "what the fuss?" :p

haha if only they could hear how i talk about my family.

i call my siblings every name you can think of and they do it to me.
it ain't like we hate eachothers, it's just a family thang.

i don't see how they say it's an "attack"... i pretty much LOL'ed

of course in the media world everything Mj say is not normal and he has to "a pedofile, weirdo, druggie and a saint" at the same time... GTFOH.

I failed to see the negativity in the audio that the article was insinuating. They just want to attract listeners. The stuff about La Toya and Janet was taken straight out of Moonwalk.

He didn't say anything bad except for about Joe, and we've all heard it before. He said that to Oprah and Bashit as well. Big deal. He wasn't "attacking" anyone. :smilerolleyes:

if that is beeing bad as they say, then i should be killed, the only one who he talked bad (if you wanna say thats talking bad) about was his father

The whole thing is just pointless now. Michael is dead. The fans and the people who loved him are trying to get it together. And this stuff has to come up and throw everybody back and get them upset again? It's not right.

Last edited:
I refuse to click on a 'News of the world' link! Can someone give us a summary or upload it to Youtube?

The article is about some tapes where Michael supposedly says some nasty things about his family. But in the video that is posted on the site, however, he doesn't say almost any of the things that the article claims.

"ON TITO: "Tito is into the anatomy of how a car is built," scoffs ***** who pinpoints him as one of the biggest whingers in the band. "He is a grease monkey.
"He still goes to the hobby shop and buys airplanes and flys them. He loves putting them together - they're on these plastic things and you glue them. That is so boring."

ON MARLON: "People used to call him ugly and make fun of him - and people would say, 'Which brother is that one?'.
"He constantly imitates me on stage. Whatever I do he'll do right after me. I hate when that happens because he looks too "doo woppy" and so old-fashioned."

ON JERMAINE: Jackson accused Jermaine - who split from first wife Hazel over a fling with another beauty - of being a womaniser and not having the self-belief to follow him as a successful solo act.
"Jermaine would be either be looking for girls or going along with the jokes," said *****.
As a songwriter he lambasted him for "always letting outside influences change what style and beauty he's created.
"It always ends up not being his creation and changed in some type of way."

ON JACKIE: The eldest brother was simply dismissed as stubborn and argumentative. "He approaches everything with so much negativity and doubting," stormed *****.

ON RANDY: His youngest brother - who joined the group when they became The Jacksons - made the mistake of never taking *****'s advice. "He doesn't listen and is real hard-headed," he said of Randy, now 47. "You say it's dark - he'll say it's daylight. And he has to be macho. I'll never forget the day we had a meeting with our producer who said you've got to stand up on your own.
"Randy stood up and said: "I'm a man' - we are all started laughing."
*****'s venom didn't stop at his brothers. The women in the family are all told to Beat It too.

ON HIS MUM: Publicly Jackson has always insisted that Katherine, 78, was "the closest person in his life, a great mother and provider."
But on the secret tapes he said: "She disappointed me. She did an interview (about him). I don't like her to talk. It's none of those people's business."
And he revealed how his mother never wanted daughters. "She wished she would have had all boys. She told my sisters that - and they agreed! That's how my sisters are - they are prejudiced against other girls."
And so it was the turn of La Toya, 53, and 43-year-old Janet for the ***** treatment.

ON LA TOYA: "To me she is Mrs Nice and Nasty. I come in her room (and she says), 'You can't sit on her couch, sit on the bed or walk on the carpet', She wants to keep everything fresh.
"If you cough at the table she covers her plate. If you sneeze forget it, she's in another room. If you clear your throat, you can't do that while she is eating."
"And forget about going to the movies. She doesn't understand what I see in Star Wars, Close Encounters or Jaws."

ON JANET: He was consumed with jealousy when his favourite sister left home to marry pop producer James DeBarge in 1984. Within a year it was over.
"Janet is a tomboy. That is why it kills me to see her off and married. We did everything together and were just alike. We write a whole schedule for the day and follow it. It's a terrible loss."
While she gets off fairly lightly, the 80-year-old father who beat him as a child naturally receives both barrels.

ON DAD JOE: "I would suffer if I had to spend a whole day with him.
"He is a very jealous father. He isn't gonna show you love, but anybody that gets closer to us than him he would tell them, 'Leave my boys alone!'."
"To tell you the truth, I never have felt close to him. He has always been like a mystery man.""

Anyway, I really don't think it's that big of a deal even if it's true. I have brothers and we fight and I call them names, I think that every family has their differences, why wouldn't the Jacksons? Michael is a human being just like everyone else.

okay that's 'bashing' family members :rolleyes:
now all of a sudden Michael can't talk like that towards his family, the way he said it ain't even that bad. I see no 'grudge/hate' the way he said it.

the media is draining my IQ.

I haven't heard the audio, just read the parts posted here and if that part about Katherine never wanted girls is true, it's very disappointing.

i dont see what the problem is.

nothing even really negative that we didnt already know was in the tapes. He talked good about tito.

So as stevie wonder would say... "what the fuss?" :p

after reading the salacious and misconstrued article earlier I was a little nervous. heard the audio... ya so "what the fuss"?

haha if only they could hear how i talk about my family.

i call my siblings every name you can think of and they do it to me.
it ain't like we hate eachothers, it's just a family thang.

i don't see how they say it's an "attack"... i pretty much LOL'ed

of course in the media world everything Mj say is not normal and he has to "a pedofile, weirdo, druggie and a saint" at the same time... GTFOH.

i disagree often with my siblings but it doesn't mean i hate them. and thank god for me.... any and everything i say isn't taped to be released to 6 billion people.

The way the article was written and what I Heard on the audio Was totally different./ They try to make him bizarre...They need to get a life Man!!!

i hear that... the article and the audio is completely different. Who'd thought they would take michael's word out of context:bugeyed?

The whole thing is just pointless now. Michael is dead. The fans and the people who loved him are trying to get it together. And this stuff has to come up and throw everybody back and get them upset again? It's not right.

i just don't think the media cares. they only care about their ratings.

Sounds like they all got on each others nerves. If anyone has siblings they can relate to that.

true!

OH MY GOD....It is absolutely unbelievable how they spin the most innocent thing. Michael talks about his brother Tito's liking of cars and how he can take things apart and put them back together. He is not being negative about him at all. If anything, it comes off as if it is an admirable ability. But this is how they write it up.

ON TITO: "Tito is into the anatomy of how a car is built," scoffs ***** who pinpoints him as one of the biggest whingers in the band. "He is a grease monkey.

"scoff".... Geez! It's the Martin Bashir thing all over again. Adding negative interpretation to shape negative opinion. I'm glad we get to hear the tape. It really shows again the difference of what he says and how it's totally manipulated.

Sort of reminds me of the deposition he gave that's on youtube that's suppose to show us that he's squirming in his seat with guilt when asked about molestation charges, and it comes off COMPLETELY the opposite, instead showing how preposterous the allegations are.

I can't believe they're doing this. They have absolutely NO fucking shame!!

these are the glenda tapes??

The way the article was written and what I Heard on the audio Was totally different./ They try to make him bizarre...They need to get a life Man!!!
they did the same thing with the deposistion footage the other month. no point really being bothered when mjs own family members go to this paper to give interviews and collect $

No they're not the Glenda tapes. I think the audio is taken from the interviews he did to write "Moonwalk".

In the Glenda tapes, you hear him talk about his brothers. It is clear he feels different from them, but he doesn't show disrespect.

Im so sorry Michael :(

Now there’s a lesson to learn, stories are twisted and turned
Stop maliciously attacking Michaels integrity :(

I think that video is only a portion of the tapes. Looks like other portions will be released later on. That's how I read it.

wtf? He didn't even mention any of the brothers apart from Tito, and they come up with all those individual quotes? What a load of BS. "scoffs *****" umm...yeah ok then.

This is not a phone conversation....this one of the tapes used for Bashir's book .sorry edit myself...this one is older...so it must be for moonwalk...

Do we have any info on when this interview was taped?

(And I thought I was the only one who noticed that Marlon tended to mimic Mike on stage. :lol:)

The "quotes" by NooW are all chopped up and deliberately placed for controversy. For example, Michael himself never called Marlon "ugly".

Back