DISCUSSION: Possible Tracks On 2nd CD "This Is It"

mickyj007

Proud Member
I'd like to get a bit of a discussion going of what peoples' thoughts are regarding which songs might be on the 2nd CD of the "This Is It" sound track.

Disc two offers previously unreleased versions of some of the artist's classic tracks. This disc also features a touching spoken word poem from Michael Jackson entitled "Planet Earth" that has never been heard before.

Firstly, as they're described as unreleased versions of previously released tracks, I wouldn't be surprised if these were included:

This Is It - early version (1980)
Starlight - early demo of Thriller (1981)
Hot Fever - early demo of The Way You Make Me Feel (1985)
Chicago 1945 - early demo of Smooth Criminal (1987)

Other possibles:

Little Susie - early version (1979)
For All Time - early version (1982)
Al Capone - another early version of Smooth Criminal (1985)
Black Or White - early demo version (1987)
Heal The World - early demo version (1989)
Blood On The Dance Floor - early version (1990)
They Don't Care About Us - early version (1990 -1994)
Cry - early version (1991)
Superfly Sister - early version (1991)
Is It Scary - early demo (1993)
Morphine - early version (alt. title "Just Say No") (1994)

In saying this ofcourse any demo from any released song could be included.

What are you thoughts??

Last edited:
early versions of previously released tracks sounds like it would be most likely more demo versions like there was of billie jeans on the thriller album but it would be amazing to hear full version of Starlight, Chicago 1945 wasnt that rewritted and considered for incinvible so thats likely readyand maybe more songs we havnt even heard of will come out!!

I do hope what ever they do put on the album is good not a demo or unfinshed song that michael wasnt happy with as i will reflect on micheal

I cant wait!

Last edited:
And just for people who aren't familiar with some of these titles:

Starlight is the early version of Thriller.
Chicago 1945 is the early version of Smooth Criminal, and
Hot Fever is the early version of The Way You Make Me Feel.

This Is It (late 1970's/early 1980's version)
Starlight
Chicago 1945

Hot Fever, were included.

I was going to suggest these too, that would be AMAZING.

I do hope what ever they do put on the album is good not a demo or unfinshed song that michael wasnt happy with as i will reflect on micheal

I agree. Michael was a perfectionist. He wouldn't want songs he hadn't finished to be released to the public.

I'm so excited!! When do you think they'll release the tracklisting?

I guess you could say ANY demo of any song he's released could be on the 2nd CD.. They'd be cool to hear :)

Last edited:
What's going to be on the first CD? Live recordings from rehearsal?

Wow, you guys know your stuff w/ the song names of demo's; all i knew was 'starlight' (i think they talked about it on bonus tracks of thriller y2k remaster). i had no idea some of those songs went that far back. impressive!

Let me just say this as well - I wouldn't be surprised if Master CDs and Studio Acetates start surfacing on eBay in the next few weeks; especially if a tracklist is revealed. Collector's will want to cash in if they know their stuff is about to lose significant value, lol.

^Yes. CD 1 on the soundtrack is yet another "greatest hits" package. Disappointing, but let's talk about the thread topic, namely what might be included on the 2nd CD :)

I don't wanna be Debbie Downer, but I think that they'll release even more things that we've heard before if you've searched around the 'Net with a purpose in this decade. I know they said previously unreleased versions, but what with all the 'greatest hits' that have been released (The Essential Michael Jackson is the first one I did not buy), I feel like we could be set up for the okie-doke.

With all that said however, I would LOVE to hear those suggestions that you guys mentioned! All that's on my mind that I want to hear from him that I haven't heard before is the instrumental to Pretty Young Thing. Whatever CD or album that comes on, I'll buy it just for that!

I think they should release a true live album that features performances with The Jacksons, MJ's 3 major world tours, and his best performances at music award shows, specials such as Sammy Davis' special where he sang "You Were There", Liz Taylor's show where he sang "Elizabeth I Love You", his performance at President Clinton's gala, the Super Bowl halftime show, his United We Stand performance, and of course, rehearsals for This Is It.

I think this would be a better option than ANOTHER greatest hits package with rarities.

I guess you could say ANY demo of any song he's released could be on the 2nd CD.. They'd be cool to hear :)

I like that.
With song A pLace With No Name
Trouble
If You Dont Love Me
Xscape

I am NOT excited about all this. Where is Michael's NEW work? Where is the stuff he was cooking with Will.am , Neyo and Akon? Even the "This it it" single seems to be just an early version, unless being reworked means there's new vocals. But STILL where's the NEW stuff. Could it be possible nobody knows where Michael's new music is after he passed on?

thanks for the list...
i also think they will be some demos...

anyone thinks it could be rehearsal versions from this is it?

and its right that there will be 2 versions of this is it? (the song)

the additional tracks on Disc 2 will be original demos of songs that are included on Michael's first 2 Epic solo albums.
No unreleased demo. Just original demo of some classic songs.

More to come.

the additional tracks on Disc 2 will be original demos of songs that are included on Michael's first 2 Epic solo albums.

More to come.

This is unbelievable... We are going to end up with all the demos we have on the 2001 reeditions of Off the Wall and Thriller. Maybe a couple more but I highly doubt it.

I can't believe how badly Sony treat MJ fans. they've been doing it for years and now they're going to do it again! No fan wants another greatest hits album. anybody who was a casual fan or just had an interest in Michael Jackson bought a greatest hits album since June! Those existing hits albums have sold millions of copies over the last few months. Just who it Sony's target market here??

The only thing that we are sure, that is there will be the spoken poem Planet Earth from the dangerous sessions on the second disc !

whatever is on the cd, I hope they include "you are beautiful".......that's the song Michael wrote for the fans during the trial, right? I hope it's on there. I would love to hear it.

More to come.

so we will finally get billie jean's demo (not home recording), starlight, wanna be startin' somethin', beat it (?) and human nature from thriller and dstyge, rock with you, off the wall e she's out of my life from off the wall.....

(hope....)

Since 1995 (History) they've been keeping on releasing greatest hits. We're in 2009, which means 14 years of "best ofs" and one boycotted new album. It is high time we got something brand new from the shelves - previously unreleased and UNHEARD!

I am fed up with all these best ofs (edited, mixed, remixed, alternative versions, mixed alternative versions, remixed alternative versions, demos, mixed and remixerd demos, megamixed, etc!)

ENOUGH! SONY, GIVE US SOMETHING NEW!

More to come.

Do you have any idea if this will include the remastered version of "Starlight" that you have on your 2000 Thriller Special Edition Acetate?

That would be pretty cool :)

Let's all Complain to SONY!~

I think if we have enough complaints we can get Sony to release the audio from the concerts.

LET'S E-MAIL THEM!!

I have a feeling the extended version of The Lady in my Life will show up on the 2nd disc. It was originall going to be included on The Essential Michael Jackson 3.0, but was pulled off of it.

^Yes. CD 1 on the soundtrack is yet another "greatest hits" package. Disappointing, but let's talk about the thread topic, namely what might be included on the 2nd CD :)

no micky, read what it says, theyre going to be live studio version. for example, billie jean studio version will be edited with the longer concert ending; smooth criminal will be edited with the sheet music in front of it; dangerous will be edited like the live performance etc.

btw guys, UNRELEASED demos means UNRELEASED. as in, NOT the same ones we've been sold before. otherwise they would be RELEASED demos....

Last edited:
Back