June 23rd & 24th THIS IS IT rehearsal AEG Copyright Info. With Set List!!!

jaorecords

Proud Member
Country
United-States
Here is what AEG registered with the copyright office in regards to what was filmed and recorded on June 23rd and 24th. You can see the full set list.

Relevance:
Type of Work: Preregistration
Type of Work Preregistered: Sound Recording
Motion Picture
Musical Composition
Preregistration Number / Date: PRE000002494 / 2009-07-02
Application Title: Audiovisual and audio recordings of June 23, 2009 and June 24, 2009 Rehearsals for Michael Jackson ?This Is It? Concert Tour
Title: Audiovisual and audio recordings of June 23, 2009 and June 24, 2009 Rehearsals for Michael Jackson ?This Is It? Concert Tour
Copyright Claimant: AEG Live, LLC. Address: 5750 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 501, Los Angeles, CA, 90036.
Creation of Work Began: 2009-06-23
Date of Anticipated Completion: 2009-09 (Approximate)
Projected Date of Publication: 2009- (Approximate)
Authorship on Application: AEG Live, LLC.
Description of Work: Audiovisual and sound recordings of June 23, 2009 and June 24, 2009 rehearsals at Staples Center in Los Angeles for Michael Jackson?s ?This Is It? concert tour, with Michael Jackson, band (Alfred Dunbar (bass), Roger Bashiri Johnson (percussion), Jonathan Moffett (drums), Thomas Organ (guitar), Orianthi Panagaris (lead guitar), and Morris Pleasure (keyboard)), dancers (Nicholas Bass, Daniel Celebre, Mekia Cox, Christopher Grant, Misha Hamilton, Shannon Holtzapffel, Devin Jamieson, Charles Klapow, Ricardo Reid, Danielle Rueda Watts, Tyne Stecklein, and Timor Steffens), back-up singers (Judith Hill, Dorian Holley, Darryl Phinnesse and Kenneth Stacey), staff, and crew. Performer / co-creator: Michael Jackson. Director/ choreographer / co-creator / producer: Kenny Ortega (as work for hire). Audiovisual recordings made by documentarians Sandrine Orabona and Tim Patterson and video director Bruce Green and crew (as work for hire). Sound recordings made by sound engineer William Sheppell, Jr. Music in the genres of pop, rhythm & blues, and rock. Partial dress rehearsals, with some performers in costume and other performers out of costume. Performed with sets and audiovisual displays. Songs performed include: ?Startin? Somethin?,? ?Jam,? ?They Don?t Care About Us/Drill,? ?Human Nature,? ?Smooth Criminal,? ?The Way You Make Me Feel,? ?Black or White,? ?Jackson 5 Medley,? ?Off the Wall,? ?I Just Can?t Stop Loving You,? ?Dangerous,? ?Thriller/Threatened,? ?Beat It,? ?We are the World,? and ?Earth Song.? Songs are derivative of songs previously released and copyrighted.

Names: AEG Live, LLC

Direct link:
http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pw...UlJ6FBo4PUCWaTEwPLbI&SEQ=20090924195406&SID=3

It looks like "Billie Jean" was not ran through during those final 2 rehearsals. It was done at earlier stages of rehearsal.

wow.

it says 'songs include'. we've already seen a clip of billie jean so that is there.

mixed feelings about this film, but iv got to see it

Last edited:
Personally, I would've prefered not having another rendition of Thriller, Beat it, Starting Something, Earth song.

I was really hoping for songs that were not performed live before like Unbreakable, Privacy, Ghost, Cry, Speachless, The way you love me, Money or In the back.

But that just me.

and we have also heard him perform dirty diana..which is not on THIS list. Lol so i guess it was only for those two days

Oh my goodness, he was gonna do Threatened!

Man, life is so unfair!

JAM - That's INSANELY AWESOME
DANGEROUS - THANKGOD
OFF THE WALL - I'm in Heaven.. (he hasn't performed this fully live since BAD tour)

Personally, I would've prefered not having another rendition of Thriller, Beat it, Starting Something, Earth song.

I was really hoping for songs that were not performed live before like Unbreakable, Privacy, Ghost, Cry, Speachless, The way you love me, Money or In the back.

But that just me.

:yes:

Beautiful songs, the ''old-fashioned'' ones, LOL.
That's exactly what I was waiting for, the classics like Billie Jean, Beat it, Off the wall etc

Bless you, Mike!

Well we must remember that AEG only gave Sony about 100hrs worth of footage, so I assume that what Sony had to work with was just the songs listed in the first post... My guess wld be that when the DVD is released it will include more songs

That's an awesome set list. I would have been in heaven!

I wanna know which one was the openig song. I hope there will be more new songs add to it. We all know the dancesteps of these songs, i would love to see something totally new. But maybe his dance moves are different, we'll see..

Just because Billie Jean and Man In The Mirror werent rehearsed the last two times doesnt mean they werent in the set list.

Wish he would do in the closet,remember the time, scream, stranger in moscow, and you rock my world. Excited he included threatened!!

According to my sources,

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' is opening track

Man In the Mirror is the closing.

I heard there are a short a cappella versions of "Speechless", a spanish version of "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" and a dance number of "Shake your body". not very sure.

THERE IS BILLIE JEAN PERFORMANCE !

No off the wall, no dangerous, no dirty diana, no rock with you.

You'll see.

Last edited:

But that just me.

And me!!!!!!!

RS

I get that this wasn't the full show run-through and that more songs would be added/rehearsed performances replaced, etc. But it really seems like Vince has been largely ignored - which is a shame. I just hope the addition of Threatened amounts to more than just the 30second instrumental fans recorded through the rehearsal centre walls.

Don't get me wrong, watching this setlist at the O2 (as it now will at the cinema/on DVD) would have left me in awe, but it just seems a little similar to Dangerous and HIStory setlists.

Back