Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 677

Thread: Athesit Thread (For non-believers only)

   
  1. #31
    Points: 849, Level: 15
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    235
    Points
    849
    Level
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: Athesit Thread version 2 (sorry K.O.S.:p).

    Quote Originally Posted by Moogisland View Post
    Everything comes back to why.
    Your answer to my question was evoloution but I can make it go further...Why does life require oxygen in the first place, even before evoloution? Looking at my periodic table :-)I can see there are lots of different possibilities, but only oxgyen works for life. Why? maybe you will argue it is just by chance? We have been extremely lucky for everything to go right on earth to make life I hear you say, but coincedence doesn't do enough for me....there are simply to many links for it to just be luck imo.
    Fact is, and I have tested people before with this lol, it doesn't matter how many questions you ask someone about existence and the 'whys', the answer always ends with 'maybe it is a god'. lol.
    It happens everytime I quiz someone, they always end up going 'em, maybe there is a god'...cause they can't find another answer lol. It makes me laugh everytime.
    ^ You just seem to be regurgitating the same question trying to get a different answer. You're trying to get him to say "Ok we can't explain this and that therefore there must be a God". That sums up the Christian faith. Contrarily, the whole rationale behind atheism is that it's not within man's intellectual capacity as of yet to answer certain questions about life, BUT, that doesn't necessarily mean that a 'God' is the answer to them.

    You don't have proof that God is the answer, but you don't need proof you only need FAITH. And that is why an atheist cannot reason with a Christian; Because no amount of evidence or lack thereof can override 'faith' as faith doesn't require evidence or reasoning, that's the point of it.

    So to the atheists; seriously... no amount of scientific facts -- no matter how detailed or fascinating is going to make them listen to you

    And to the God believers: No amount of 'miracles', unanswered questions or biblical quotes is going to make them listen to you.

    In other words children... give it up. Now hold hands, sing heal the world together and shut the f*** up. Thank you

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to .Butterflies. For This Useful Post:


  3. #32
    Points: 1,464, Level: 21
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    547
    Points
    1,464
    Level
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: Athesit Thread version 2 (sorry K.O.S.:p).

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBob View Post
    Atheism is a lack in a belief in god, nothing more and nothing less. Why do you think that because I do not believe in god I do not believe in anything? That does not make any sense, and it sounds condesending. I believe in honesty, knowledge, science, logic and reason. So yes I believe in many things, but I do not believe in things without evidence. That is just foolish. Just us on Earth? WTF? You know that there is a Universe out there that holds billions of galaxies with billions of stars in them, right? What makes us so special then I ask you?

    The Bible according to Christians is the word of god. This means that the old AND the new testament are both the word of god. You might ignore the old testament, but that does not change the fact that you believe the Bible is the word of god, and you can not escape the fact that the Bible has two testamentts and they both according to your religion are the word of god.

    And please don't say that there is evidence for miracles, god or anything that is in the Bible.

    There exist only claims of these things and no evidence for it. You probably think that because a lot of people believe this then that must be true right? Wrong.

    I find it irritating to hear people actually claim there is evidence for something when there is none. Stop making stuff up and provide some sources if you claim you know something.

    Very interesting how I can address the level of intellectual dishonesty among you believers, and two seconds after I do that you prove my point, over and over and over again.

    You wanna ask questions? Answer these questions then. Who or what created god? Why is the Christian religion and god the correct one? What about all the other thousands of religions that has existed as long as we humans have existed? Why is your Bible correct and the other religious texts wrong?

    Why do you think that your belief is the correct one, when you can not even prove it?

    That to me is arrogance at the highest level.
    Well this is just RUDE. The poster asked questions out curiosity and you respond with hostility. Some people ACTUALLY don't know what atheism is, and how are they meant to learn without asking???? The person simply wanted to learn and you attack with statements like this:

    "Very interesting how I can address the level of intellectual dishonesty among you believers, and two seconds after I do that you prove my point, over and over and over again."

    As a believer who has been VERY open and within this thread and HONEST, I find that offensive.

  4. #33
    Points: 17,177, Level: 83
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Rockin.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,591
    Points
    17,177
    Level
    83
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default Re: Athesit Thread version 2 (sorry K.O.S.:p).

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBob View Post
    Atheism is a lack in a belief in god, nothing more and nothing less. Why do you think that because I do not believe in god I do not believe in anything? That does not make any sense, and it sounds condesending. I believe in honesty, knowledge, science, logic and reason. So yes I believe in many things, but I do not believe in things without evidence. That is just foolish. Just us on Earth? WTF? You know that there is a Universe out there that holds billions of galaxies with billions of stars in them, right? What makes us so special then I ask you?
    Um, I meant so you believe nothing to do with religion..you don't think there is any afterlife of any kind? You don't need to hit back like that so angrily, I was asking a question in a genuine way, you took me WRONG.

    The Bible according to Christians is the word of god. This means that the old AND the new testament are both the word of god. You might ignore the old testament, but that does not change the fact that you believe the Bible is the word of god, and you can not escape the fact that the Bible has two testamentts and they both according to your religion are the word of god.
    The Bible is there to be interpreted. Most Chrisians/Catholics I know even priests say 'the bible, the old testament is not everything'. The new testament is Christ message written by apostles. That is the important thing as far as im concerned.

    And please don't say that there is evidence for miracles, god or anything that is in the Bible.

    There exist only claims of these things and no evidence for it. You probably think that because a lot of people believe this then that must be true right? Wrong.
    Why shouldn't i say it.. there have been scientific tests done on evidence which exists which proves there was a Jesus Christ, and follows what is said in the bible about what happened to Jesus.


    I find it irritating to hear people actually claim there is evidence for something when there is none. Stop making stuff up and provide some sources if you claim you know something.

    Very interesting how I can address the level of intellectual dishonesty among you believers, and two seconds after I do that you prove my point, over and over and over again.
    What are you talking about - intellectual dishonesty? Perrhaps you should research yourself, why should I waste my time trying to convince you. Perhaps I will post you evidence, but I won't be in any hurry, because you are free to think what you think, but don't try and change anyone else's view by going into the Jesus thread and disrupting it. Who gives you the right to think that YOU are correct. That is arrogance. I wasn't being arrogant, I asked a question.. you misinterpreted it.. isn't it funny how people misinterpret things..

    You wanna ask questions? Answer these questions then. Who or what created god? Why is the Christian religion and god the correct one? What about all the other thousands of religions that has existed as long as we humans have existed? Why is your Bible correct and the other religious texts wrong?

    Why do you think that your belief is the correct one, when you can not even prove it?

    That to me is arrogance at the highest level.
    who created God? lol.. how the hell do i know if anything created God.. I'm not the Pope.. ask him, I don't even know if he has even talked about that. Why should there have been anything before God..

    I don't believe the Christian religion is necessarily the 'correct' one. When have I ever said that? All religions believe in a God. When did I say the Bible is correct and other religious texts are wrong? As long as people are good it doesn't matter...

    .. can't you get it.. its not about proof. Its called belief..that word is no accident. Faith and Belief. Why call me arrogant? I didn't post anything arrogant. I never said christanity was the correct thing. I don't care I let people live their own life.

    Don't come on the Jesus thread and try to convert people to stop being christian.. posting quotes from the old testament. I read ur first quote..You posted the 'eye for an eye' thing. Don't you know Jesus Christ said that teaching was wrong and said to 'turn the other cheek'

    I came on here to find out what exactly an athiest is.. and corrected something you said and I was hit back like this. It is you that sounds arrogant. I'm done.
    Last edited by Rockin.; 28-09-2009 at 04:13 PM.


    <3
    .There's so many ways to love you.

    "He was looking for a project to not just 'Heal the World.'... He wanted to kill the world's hate. That was his plan." - Teddy Riley

    MICHAEL JACKSON - warrior of LOVE!

  5. #34
    Points: 1,464, Level: 21
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    547
    Points
    1,464
    Level
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: Athesit Thread version 2 (sorry K.O.S.:p).

    Quote Originally Posted by .Butterflies. View Post
    ^ You just seem to be regurgitating the same question trying to get a different answer. You're trying to get him to say "Ok we can't explain this and that therefore there must be a God". That sums up the Christian faith. Contrarily, the whole rationale behind atheism is that it's not within man's intellectual capacity as of yet to answer certain questions about life, BUT, that doesn't necessarily mean that a 'God' is the answer to them.

    You don't have proof that God is the answer, but you don't need proof you only need FAITH. And that is why an atheist cannot reason with a Christian; Because no amount of evidence or lack thereof can override 'faith' as faith doesn't require evidence or reasoning, that's the point of it.

    So to the atheists; seriously... no amount of scientific facts -- no matter how detailed or fascinating is going to make them listen to you

    And to the God believers: No amount of 'miracles' or biblical quotes is going to make them listen to you.


    In other words children... give it up. Now hold hands, sing heal the world together and shut the f** up. Thank you
    Bolded part is not entirely true. I do infact listen to both sides because that is respectful and I have respect for people's right to an opinion. I know many people who believe, flat out dont, and those who are agnostic who all enjoy discussions on this subject where we each in turn listen and learn from each other.

  6. #35
    Points: 849, Level: 15
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    235
    Points
    849
    Level
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: Athesit Thread version 2 (sorry K.O.S.:p).

    By 'listen to you' in the context I didn't literally mean listen, I meant they are not going to 'listen to you' as in 'change their opinion'. I bet you by the end of this thread there won't be a single person would have changed their stance.

  7. #36
    Points: 1,464, Level: 21
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    547
    Points
    1,464
    Level
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: Athesit Thread version 2 (sorry K.O.S.:p).

    Maybe not on something as strong as believing or not, but I have certainly encountered discussions in which I really do learn and have a chance to reflect and re-evaluate my own system of beliefs. This thread could be a very stimulating, informative discourse between many different people.

  8. #37
    Points: 3,596, Level: 37
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    622
    Points
    3,596
    Level
    37
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Re: Athesit Thread version 2 (sorry K.O.S.:p).

    Personally i do believe in a god, i think anythings possible when i look at the world around me and what i have!
    But i follow no religion, because i believe religion just causes war and conflict, which is kind of shown in this thread! I believe if there is a god, and an after life, as long as we are good people, we will be rewarded, i dont feel the need to follow a book to tell me how to be a good person, or to obay a god that may or may not be, not that i think wrong of anyone who does!
    I think we have to have belife in things, beliefe is what makes the world carry on, what makes us want to improve our world!

    You are my heart!

  9. #38
    Points: 849, Level: 15
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    235
    Points
    849
    Level
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Re: Athesit Thread version 2 (sorry K.O.S.:p).

    Quote Originally Posted by StarSecret View Post
    Maybe not on something as strong as believing or not, but I have certainly encountered discussions in which I really do learn and have a chance to reflect and re-evaluate my own system of beliefs. This thread could be a very stimulating, informative discourse between many different people.
    I hope thats what happens. I just find religious conversations between people, especially between those whose opinions are so radically different to each other, more often than not end up going downhill because people can get very defensive about God. It can easily resort to name calling or offensive behavior when unable to persuade someone of what YOU believe. Religion is a very touchy subject after all. I wish everyone had your open mindedness

  10. #39
    Points: 17,177, Level: 83
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Rockin.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,591
    Points
    17,177
    Level
    83
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default Re: Athesit Thread version 2 (sorry K.O.S.:p).

    The arguments happened because thebob made insulting statements and as an atheist seems to want to prove believers that they are wrong.

    Let people believe what they want to, and we'll leave you to believe what you want.

    It helps people a lot to have belief in God. Michael mentions heaven, Jesus, the Lord, God, praying, faith, belief in songs and in interviews...perhaps it helped him to have the faith.

    Why try to go out of your way to tear down peoples beliefs? Why insult people? Just don't believe if you don't want to.

    Openmindedness works both ways.

    And thanks StarSecret for realising I was just asking a question before, there was no need for thebob to react like that.
    Last edited by Rockin.; 28-09-2009 at 03:12 PM.


    <3
    .There's so many ways to love you.

    "He was looking for a project to not just 'Heal the World.'... He wanted to kill the world's hate. That was his plan." - Teddy Riley

    MICHAEL JACKSON - warrior of LOVE!

  11. #40
    Points: 69, Level: 1
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registered

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    49
    Points
    69
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: Athesit Thread version 2 (sorry K.O.S.:p).

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockin. View Post
    The arguments happened because thebob made insulting statements and as an atheist seems to want to prove believers that they are wrong.

    Let people believe what they want to, and we'll leave you to believe what you want.

    It helps people a lot to have belief in God. Michael mentions heaven, Jesus, the Lord, God, praying, faith, belief in songs and in interviews...perhaps it helped him to have the faith.

    Why try to go out of your way to tear down peoples beliefs? Why insult people? Just don't believe if you don't want to.

    Openmindedness works both ways.

    And thanks StarSecret for realising I was just asking a question before, there was no need for thebob to react like that.
    When people say the believe something that is one thing. When they claim they know something and can not prove it, that is a dishonest position and should always be called upon. If that person gets insulted because their belief is debunked, then the belief was never strong in the first place and the person who has that belief should not be granted points or respect.

    If one has questions that is ok and good. But when does not know the answer and claim that no one else can know it either and therfore it is evidence for god, then that is a dishonest position and again should be called upon.

    The questions were not asked because one wanted to know. The questions were asked as an argument to prove the validity of their default position. I not only answered their questions I pointed out why they asked them and gave them a reality check I know had not crossed their mind. Again feeling insulted because your default position was made a mockery of deserves no respect.

    This is an atheist thread, if you wanna spout ignorance here, be perpared to be called upon that. If you can't handle the level of truth that comes out, then don't come here.

    You believers have hijacked every other thread with your faith and beliefs. This one is for the skeptics, and here a believer should have no virtue for any belief. Atheism is about intellectual honesty and when you can not play by those rules, you WILL be called upon.

    Only way to beat that is to cheat and call the cops and kick people out.

    The fact that people don't care wether their belief holds any truth is not only disturbing it is actually damaging for society. Lack of education is no excuse for ignorance.

    The human race learned this the hard way a few hundred years ago during what historians call the Dark Ages. You want this to happen again? Do you know what happened during the dark ages? Better pick up those books and start learning

    Take responsibility for your lives and stop making excuses. Your actions and opinions have consequences for everyone. Time to wake up and smell the coffee. I did that years ago and I am now pissed off at how people let themselves be so gullible and naive.

    If you find my posts insulting, let me tell you I have answered every post with simple logic and reason in what is actually a polite way. Here is how I really feel. People who claim god exist, are full of shit.

    The Bible is bullshit and religion will always be evil and always exist as long as people continue to have blind faith.

    Christians in the US have actually said that there is no point in dealing with problems in the world, global warming etc, because God will take care of us.

    Do you understand how dangerous this is, and why this is the main reason why belief should never be treated as a virtue??

  12. #41
    Points: 69, Level: 1
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0.4%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends3 months registered

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    49
    Points
    69
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: Athesit Thread version 2 (sorry K.O.S.:p).

    Quote Originally Posted by StarSecret View Post
    Bolded part is not entirely true. I do infact listen to both sides because that is respectful and I have respect for people's right to an opinion. I know many people who believe, flat out dont, and those who are agnostic who all enjoy discussions on this subject where we each in turn listen and learn from each other.
    Simple minds.

    A Christian won't listen to logic and reason because their belief has nothing to do with reason OR logic. It is what feels right that counts for them. But they make one mistake. They engage in a scientific discussion and use science to prove their position. When you do that you will get reponses that deal with your arguments. If you can not deal with the fact that some people are more educated then you and have the ability to analyze your arguments, debunk them and correct them then you should not state your beliefs as logical or fact. This very important point is always ignored by apologetics like your self, who think you are mediating peace between people.

    An atheist will not listen to a Christian because of their lack of evidence and lack of understanding about not only science, but language itself. They make words into what they want them to be and the call things evidence when they are not.

    "I believe what I believe because I believe it and no evidence in the world can ever change my position, I am now gonna put a finger in both my ears and yell la la la la la, I can not hear you, la la la la la"

    Childish behavior.
    Last edited by TheBob; 28-09-2009 at 03:44 PM.

  13. #42
    Points: 17,177, Level: 83
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Rockin.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,591
    Points
    17,177
    Level
    83
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default Re: Athesit Thread version 2 (sorry K.O.S.:p).

    This is not about differing beliefs now.

    You have just proven how rude you are.

    You never answered with logic and reason in a polite way. Your posts are littered with insults to but people down and make yourself feel in a higher position.

    You act like you know everything when you actually don't.

    ''If you can not deal with the fact that some people are more educated then you'' Oh my gosh. How dare you?! How up yourself you are. You don't even know us. And from your posts its quite obvious you don't know about religion... and you think you are 'more educated'. Practically nothing you say regarding religion, that your are basing your resentment on is even true about religion.

    You are talking absolute RUBBISH - ''Take responsibility for your lives and stop making excuses. Your actions and opinions have consequences for everyone. Time to wake up and smell the coffee. I did that years ago and I am now pissed off at how people let themselves be so gullible and naive.'' ?! haha How does religion contradict that?!?

    You have a very skewed version of religion in your head. REALLY. It bares no resemblance to what I or other Christians and Catholics think, believe or live our lives.

    Religion is not evil, it is about love. People may commit horrible acts in the name of religion, they are WRONG, that is the person not the religion.

    I'm not in the US and I don't know what the Christians there are like, but I've never heard anyone say such a stupid thing.

    Its nothing about 'lalala i dont want to hear you' LEAVE PEOPLE TO BELIEVE WHAT THEY WANT. STOP BEING SO ARROGANT.

    I'm sure atheists wouldn't want to be represented by you. You don't give a very good impression of atheists.

    You can't state your beliefs without insulting and disrespecting others.

    You have no respect for other people. I'm baffled how you are a Michael Jackson fan because you are the total polar opposite.

    It is NOT beliefs or religion which has caused this argument it is YOUR ATTITUDE.

    Merry Christmas
    Last edited by Rockin.; 01-01-2010 at 02:18 PM.


    <3
    .There's so many ways to love you.

    "He was looking for a project to not just 'Heal the World.'... He wanted to kill the world's hate. That was his plan." - Teddy Riley

    MICHAEL JACKSON - warrior of LOVE!

  14. #43
    Points: 10,305, Level: 67
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    873
    Points
    10,305
    Level
    67
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 34 Times in 17 Posts

    Default Re: Athesit Thread version 2 (sorry K.O.S.:p).

    Could we merge this and the Agnostic/Atheist thread? Or change the title of this one so I can repost here, because agnostics and atheists are kind of related.

    ..or maybe we can keep this for atheists and I'll go sit in the other thread with agnostics if there are any.

  15. #44
    Points: 10,336, Level: 67
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Guatemala
    Posts
    2,825
    Points
    10,336
    Level
    67
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts

    Default Re: Athesit Thread version 2 (sorry K.O.S.:p).

    Enough!

    Take the personal issues to PM - Last warning

    In MJJC we have both believers and atheists, and somehow we're all gonna have to find a way to co-exist with eachother...without taking shots at anyone who disagrees with our point of view

    I always ask the atheists to stay away from the believers threads, and I'm gonna ask the religious ppl to do the same here; stay away from threads that challenge your core beliefs. You're only setting yourself up for hurt sensibilities and petty arguments.

    It's simple here - don't play together; and if you absolutely have to - play nice.

  16. #45
    Points: 17,177, Level: 83
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 0.5%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Rockin.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,591
    Points
    17,177
    Level
    83
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default Re: Athesit Thread version 2 (sorry K.O.S.:p).

    I agree.

    I was playing nice until thebob started with the personal insults. The arguments are due to his attitude and insults, not a difference in belief.


    <3
    .There's so many ways to love you.

    "He was looking for a project to not just 'Heal the World.'... He wanted to kill the world's hate. That was his plan." - Teddy Riley

    MICHAEL JACKSON - warrior of LOVE!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •