>>> Tickets WITHOUT full movie title printed on them >>> But, ALL tickets are still GOOD!

MsMo

Proud Member
>>> Tickets WITHOUT full movie title printed on them >>> But, ALL tickets are still GOOD!

Anyone else purchased tickets that do NOT have the movie title printed on them?

Mine, bought through AMC Theaters do NOT.

Instead, they say "Michael Ja". Funny how that's EXACTLY the same number of spaces & characters required to spell out "This Is It".

I've been told that according to either Magic Johnson (theaters) or Tyler Perry, not clear which, that this can cause those sale not to be counted towards national/international box office sales statistics...? :(

I'm concerned and have contacted the local theater who claimed that there's not enough room for the title and that they downloaded the info printed on the tickets from their home office so ALL AMC theater tickets will be printed the same way. I also called their national sales office about it (closed for the weekend - waiting for a call back), as well as I intend to make this known to Sony Pictures.

I will post any info / updates I receive here. If necessary, I will return mine for a refund and go to a different theater that does print the film title, to be certain that my purchase counts! (But that's just me)

Besides, it would make a much better keepsake with the right title!

Last edited:
Re: ** ALERT ** Tickets WITHOUT full movie title printed on them

I was bummed when i bought mine too... i bought at a regal cinema and it just says Michael on it! its no memorable at all and kinda disrespectful too.. let me know what u find out!

well mine says Michael Jack.....so what does this mean??

Probably just the shorthand name :)

Mine say "Michael Jacksons This is It". Maybe they did shorten it.. But hey instead of "Michael" They could have used "MJ TII" or something

guys mine says michael as well im sure the tickets are still good i got mine at a regal cinema as well plzz dont worry the tickets are a ok

my online print tickets say Michael Jackson's This Is It

I'm sure they're ok,but i think the poster is concerned about:

I've been told that according to either Magic Johnson (theaters) or Tyler Perry, not clear which, that this can cause those sale not to be counted towards national/international box office sales statistics...? :(

Last edited:

yes I know know...so what does this mean ...that my tickets are not any good???

Well I was able to get tickets after all, and I just looked on mine and it just said Michael, and above it said Advance. I just called the cinema and he said we wouldn't have a problem getting in . That they couldn't print the whole title on. I'm going to pm you a message about something else Thunder.

Just because the movie title is shortened doesn't mean anything, the ticket sales are still going to the proper place.

Just because the movie title is shortened doesn't mean anything, the ticket sales are still going to the proper place.

Exactly. The money is still going where it belongs. Don't think there are many films out now with 'Michael Ja' in the title....

The movie is called "Michael Jackson's This Is It"

Your are correct. However, it would not be uncommon to leave his name off for space sake, but not "This Is It". For example, most, if not all of Tyler Perry's films include his name, but often his name is not included on the ticket as part of the title, even though that is the complete and proper title. Generally with a long or title that included the creator's name, they will use as much of the secondary title that makes the most sense.

In this case, using "Michael Ja" instead of "This Is It" makes no common sense.

yes I know know...so what does this mean ...that my tickets are not any good???

The Tickets ARE good...no worries :cheeky:

The ONLY concern is about how they're included in sales statistics.

If a database search for sales info is done on either "Michael Jackson" OR "This Is It" the purchase can easily be missed and/or credited to the wrong film.

Examples:

http://search.sonypictures.com/sear...client=sp-us&proxystylesheet=sp-us&site=sp-us

http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=f&um=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=%22michael+ja%22

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/search?fr=ush-movies&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8&p=michael+ja

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/search/full_search.php?search=michael+ja

Last edited:

I never realised that it would matter? If it's admitting to the film they'll count it won't they?

Oh great..

Is this just the USA or UK too?

Thats something else to worry about!

Hope they count.. please keep us updated

I havent picked my tickets up yet so im not sure..
I think if your talking about having a memento it would be nice for it to say TII

^^

no the point is the counting of sales..

I think it should have 'this is it' or 'TII' so that can be searched and counted. Not 'Michael Ja' or 'Michael Jack'

really hope this doesn't affect the counting of sales

maybe thats how it is printed on ur ticket.. but its irrelivant (possibly..i hope)... when they sell it you.. you know, with the computer, it probably registers it. i hoooope!

Your are correct. However, it would not be uncommon to leave his name off for space sake, but not "This Is It". For example, most, if not all of Tyler Perry's films include his name, but often his name is not included on the ticket as part of the title, even though that is the complete and proper title. Generally with a long or title that included the creator's name, they will use as much of the secondary title that makes the most sense.

In this case, using "Michael Ja" instead of "This Is It" makes no common sense.

The Tickets ARE good...no worries :cheeky:

The ONLY concern is about how they're included in sales statistics.

If a database search for sales info is done on either "Michael Jackson" OR "This Is It" the purchase can easily be missed.

Example of a search on Google: http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=f&um=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=%22michael+ja%22

oh ok...I understand what you mean now....this is quite silly...all should be counted towards sales...although I must say nothing surprises me anymore.....thank you for the post.

This is ridiculious! Asking for a refund or not buying tickets just because it doesn't have the full film title? I worked in a cinema for 4 years and the name printed on the ticket mean shit. The film name is put into the cinema system as it comes from the movie company. In this case the full title is Michael Jackson's This Is It. On all of the records which matter i.e. the sales window on each till and main system will record each ticket sale for the movie.

Then at the close of business the cinema will be contacted by a company called Nielsen (either phone or email) who will ask for the name of each film shown and the amount of ticket sales each film has made.This is how the box office charts are compiled. http://en-us.nielsen.com/tab/industries/media/entertainment

Its a complete over reaction just because the ticket doesn't have the full film title printed, this is just because there is not enough space, the ticket is recorded on the system as a sale for TII. I should also point out, Nielsen don't base a film success on the amount of tickets sold, this does not come into the totals at all. They just care how much each movie have made.

There is more in this world to worry about than the name of a movie printed on a ticket. Some people need to find some more hobbies on here. You've too much time on your hands if something like this worries you.

Exactly. The money is still going where it belongs. Don't think there are many films out now with 'Michael Ja' in the title....

It's not about the money going to the proper place. It's about box office numbers
ONLY , i.e., which film gets credited for the most sales.

This is ridiculious! Asking for a refund or not buying tickets just because it doesn't have the full film title? I worked in a cinema for 4 years and the name printed on the ticket mean shit. The film name is put into the cinema system as it comes from the movie company. In this case the full title is Michael Jackson's This Is It. On all of the records which matter i.e. the sales window on each till and main system will record each ticket sale for the movie.

Then at the close of business the cinema will be contacted by a company called Nielsen (either phone or email) who will ask for the name of each film shown and the amount of ticket sales each film has made.This is how the box office charts are compiled. http://en-us.nielsen.com/tab/industries/media/entertainment

Its a complete over reaction just because the ticket doesn't have the full film title printed, this is just because there is not enough space, the ticket is recorded on the system as a sale for TII. I should also point out, Nielsen don't base a film success on the amount of tickets sold, this does not come into the totals at all. They just care how much each movie have made.

There is more in this world to worry about than the name of a movie printed on a ticket. Some people need to find some more hobbies on here. You've too much time on your hands if something like this worries you.

Well at least i now know what everyone is talking about!!!

Umm.. maybe you didn't understand the persons concern..

It wasn't about what was printed on the ticket per say... it was a concern about whether it would affect the statistics..whether the name not being in full would mean that sale wouldn't register as a sale. The OP had heard from sources that it could.

You don't need to get personal with people you don't even know, saying they need to get 'more hobbies'.. and people have 'too much time on their hands' .. thats a bit nasty.

But yes, I would think the computer would register the sale with the movie name in full.

Excuse me, but I'm talking about how things are done here in the states.

Different places do things different ways. If you're not concerned about the film getting the proper credit then I wasn't talkin' to you, and it's ridiculous for you to make such a ridiculous comment since this obviously is not a concern to you. You should have more to worry about and too much time on your hands than taking the time to make your unnecessary post.

I'm stating what's been known to happen here.

oh ok...I understand what you mean now....this is quite silly...all should be counted towards sales...although I must say nothing surprises me anymore.....thank you for the post.

U R welcome :)

I know. it's a shame...just another way for proper credit to slip through the cracks, unfortunately.

Excuse me, but I'm talking about how things are done here in the states.

Different places do things different ways. If you're not concerned about the film getting the proper credit then I wasn't talkin' to you, and it's ridiculous for you to make such a ridiculous comment since this obviously is not a concern to you. You should have more to worry about and too much time on your hands than taking the time to make your unnecessary post.

I'm stating what's been known to happen here.

Nielsen is an international company which records the national and worldwide cinema charts. My post was not pointless, I am explaining the situation that ALL ticket sales will be recorded to stop people on here getting worked up and annoying staff in various cinemas with ridiculious request for a refund because the movie name is not fully printed.

Stop worrying yourselves everyone.

Oh great..

Is this just the USA or UK too?

Thats something else to worry about!

Hope they count.. please keep us updated

I only know of the problem happening in the USA.

It's not a HUGE deal, it's the principle. I want to makes sure that credit is given where it is deserved because this is a historic event!

I will definitely post whatever response(s), I get, IF any, in this thread :yes:

Re: ** ALERT ** Tickets WITHOUT full movie title printed on them >> But, ALL tickets are still good

Well i am gona ring my local cinema and ask as i dont think it is pointless my ticket says michael ja so i wanna make sure it is gettin all the credit it deserves!!!!

Thanks for making me aware

Nielsen is an international company which records the national and worldwide cinema charts. My post was not pointless, I am explaining the situation that ALL ticket sales will be recorded to stop people on here getting worked up and annoying staff in various cinemas with ridiculious request for a refund because the movie name is not fully printed.

Stop worrying yourselves everyone.

:agree:

My post is not ridiculous either, if taken in proper context.

If people read the post properly it's clear that there is no need for WORRY.
I simply stated what I choose to do about it to make sure proper credit is given. I didn't make the post to upset people, nor did I suggest that anyone else ask for refunds because I'm willing to go that far, IF necessary. I simply meant that I was going to check the situation out on behalf of the film receiving proper credit.

Funny how some people know exactly where I'm coming from and some overreacted.
Anyways...

Back