AUSSIES please read inside!

*MissChanel*

Proud Member
Hey guys,

After reading another tabloid article from the Herald Sun today and ruining my day,

I think its really important that I bring this issue up and I hope all the Aussies will pull in together once and for all. The Herald Sun (The biggest selling newspaper in Aus) have turned into a complete tabloid ONLY when printing stories of Michael Jackson! In the last 2 years I have noticed this but since Michael's death, it has become a joke! They never report on factual information just tabloid information! They seem to target only Michael Jackson.

I FINALLY found there sources (Replica articles from News Of The World and the Sun!). These are the WORST tabloids in the WHOLE world from the UK!!!

We need to pull in together and complain! Ring up, write a letter... complain that we are tired of them printing articles of Michael Jackson from tabloid sources whom have been known to fabricate stories! Say that if we wanted a tabloid, we would pick up New Idea not the daily paper where we rely on legit news reporting!

We really have to complain. All it takes is one letter or phone call from each and every single one of us! Ive let it go thinking eventually it will stop but every single time News Of The World or the Sun write a complete fabrication article that no other news source would ever report (Its that tabloish), The Herald Sun make it a news story the next day! I'm sick of it.

Please guys, I have no clue how to complain to the Herald Sun as there is so many contact emails etc... Who is the boss there? How can we find this out?

Please pull in and help out.

Thanx guys xo

Here is the website:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/

Yes i saw that

hun just ignore them!!!
They are scam..PERIOD!

Yes i saw that

hun just ignore them!!!
They are scam..PERIOD!
Hun, I have ignored them for 2 years now!

If you keep ignoring them and not step up and complain, they will get away with it and keep printing tabloid articles! There comes a time when you have to complain and this is one of them.

Many people have been successful in the past and so can we. Michael is no longer here to defend himself or his legacy, its the fans that need to step up.

True, but even if we complian they wont stop THEY DONT CARE!

I'm also going to write a complaint to channel nine for airing What Really Happened TWICE just before his funeral! That was the most disrespectful act anyone in the media took in the WHOLE world!

For the last 3 months Ive been grieving and didn't have the strength to complain especially to channel nine cause Nine sickened me but now I'm ready to fight for Michael, at least once to the most disgusting media outlets (Channel Nine - for airing What Really Happened and the Herald Sun - For getting their sources from TABLOIDS!).

COMPLAINTS AT CHANNEL NINE LINK: http://help.ninemsn.com.au/support/channel9.asp

I'm also going to write a complaint to channel nine for airing What Really Happened TWICE just before his funeral! That was the most disrespectful act anyone in the media took in the WHOLE world!/quote]
Omg u serious? they did that?

Yes hun they did! TWICE they aired it in the week of Michael's funeral! The 2nd time was literally 2 hours before the live coverage of his memorial!

I remember seeing all these comments on my facebook "OMG did you guys watch that MJ doc on channel 9, my feelings have changed bout him". Some people wrote "Don't believe everything you hear under that status update but still, damage was done when it was a week where many fans were mourning and didn't need that extra pain from ignorance!

So please hun, help out too. Just complain to Nine and the Herald once, just once, that's all it takes. In the time we've been posting to each other it could of been time sending a complaint, ya know?

I know what you are saying, but unfortuantely complaints don't do much - in media anyway.

I wrote something to channel 9 regarding a newsreaders comment about trying to scalp his media tickets to the memorial - no response.

I guess they don't really care. They just brush it aside.

If there is not enough complaints, there is nothing they can do, its that simple. But if there is enough complaints, they have no choice but to stop or change. That's how it works with anything, whether it be in business or in the media.

How many times have complaints been made about TV ads or adverting boards... The latest one was the huge sign that had "Make sex last longer" or something. Well enough people complained about that and so they had no choice but to change the wording to "Make love longer". Or when the Herald Sun had to make apologies for posting the Pauline pictures - If there is ENOUGH complaints, they will do something about it.

If something is in poor taste, then complaints help. But not so much Hollywood Gossip - because no one takes Hollywood Gossip that seriously, it's fair game in media's heads.

Hard to comment without seeing what was published about Michael I guess.

It's saddening to know no amount of complaints will ever shift the way the media works.. Lies and ratings go hand in hand. Lies sell unfortunately..

This is why I refuse to watch the news or anything like that.. It's all a load of crap. Screw them.

If something is in poor taste, then complaints help. But not so much Hollywood Gossip - because no one takes Hollywood Gossip that seriously, it's fair game in media's heads.

Hard to comment without seeing what was published about Michael I guess.

Well the thing is they are printing Hollywood gossip under World News in a newspaper, it wasn't under entertainment. This is what is bothering me now. They are using tabloid articles from News Of The World as legit facts to the Australian public. They are misleading and misinforming them by printing these articles under world news and not in the entertainment section! If it were in the entertainment section, I wouldn't care because people know its sensationalism and tabloid gossip but under world news, people take that seriously. That's my point and that's what the complaint to the Herald Sun has to be about.

What needs to be taken incredibly seriously is the complaints made to channel Nine for airing What Really Happened twice before his memorial. This was the most disrespectful, disgusting act no tabloid even took nowhere around the world yet channel Nine did!

Complaining to channel Nine is the most important complaint as what they did is very serious and needs to be taken so by channel Nine. We do not want them ever repeating such a disgusting documentary! Remember they brought the rights to the most bias, worst documentary ever made on MJ in history so they can easily air it again (God Forbid).

Please at least complain to channel Nine if you think the Herald Sun won't take your complaint seriously. I'm complaining to both though and I encourage all Aussies to pull together on this one and do the same.

Thanx guys x

COMPLAINTS AT CHANNEL NINE LINK: http://help.ninemsn.com.au/support/channel9.asp

COMPLAINTS TO THE HERALD SUN LINK: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/feedback

(The Herald Sun link was the best StarSecret and myself could find. Is there a boss at the Herald Sun who we could complain to? I can't seem to find a main complaints address or email?)

I'm also going to write a complaint to channel nine for airing What Really Happened TWICE just before his funeral! That was the most disrespectful act anyone in the media took in the WHOLE world!

For the last 3 months Ive been grieving and didn't have the strength to complain especially to channel nine cause Nine sickened me but now I'm ready to fight for Michael, at least once to the most disgusting media outlets (Channel Nine - for airing What Really Happened and the Herald Sun - For getting their sources from TABLOIDS!).

I drafted up a letter to channel 9 about this myself but never got around to sending it. I thought it was a disgraceful choice of documentary to air.

Yeh that doco was disgraceful & disrepectful.Im glad i didnt watch it when it was on...i would have thrown the tv out the window if i had! lol

I am from LA but I wrote to them as well. I do not think they will be happy with what I wrote..it is all true..

Hey guys,

After reading another tabloid article from the Herald Sun today and ruining my day,

I think its really important that I bring this issue up and I hope all the Aussies will pull in together once and for all. The Herald Sun (The biggest selling newspaper in Aus) have turned into a complete tabloid ONLY when printing stories of Michael Jackson! In the last 2 years I have noticed this but since Michael's death, it has become a joke! They never report on factual information just tabloid information! They seem to target only Michael Jackson.

I FINALLY found there sources (Replica articles from News Of The World and the Sun!). These are the WORST tabloids in the WHOLE world from the UK!!!

We need to pull in together and complain! Ring up, write a letter... complain that we are tired of them printing articles of Michael Jackson from tabloid sources whom have been known to fabricate stories! Say that if we wanted a tabloid, we would pick up New Idea not the daily paper where we rely on legit news reporting!

We really have to complain. All it takes is one letter or phone call from each and every single one of us! Ive let it go thinking eventually it will stop but every single time News Of The World or the Sun write a complete fabrication article that no other news source would ever report (Its that tabloish), The Herald Sun make it a news story the next day! I'm sick of it.

Please guys, I have no clue how to complain to the Herald Sun as there is so many contact emails etc... Who is the boss there? How can we find this out?

Please pull in and help out.

Thanx guys xo

Here is the website:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/

check this one ,i think u will get help here:http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77535

Tabloid trash. I'm over it. Not even going to bother responding, they don't care!

I dont think The Herald Sun could be classified as a newpaper for sometime now!
& I think the general public are fools if they believe everything that is in there. Its up to them to decide what is fact or fiction ultimately from the information they are giving (which is commonly biased & negative).
This is what I find most annoying. If there was a balance between the positive & negative that would be fine...I find in Australia we have a stronger negative hold when it comes to Michael Jackson, which is extremely sad & Im afraid a complaint to one newspaper isnt going to make any difference in peoples opinions on him as it seems to set in stone for many... :(
Maybe the more effective action would be to write an Opinion letter & therefore would be exposed to a wider audience.

But yes those articles annoy me...thats why I dont buy those kind of 'resources'.

I find in Australia we have a stronger negative hold when it comes to Michael Jackson, which is extremely sad

Yes!!! That is why you have to complain!! If you don't, they will just do it again and again! Please one letter that's all. Esp to channel nine for airing that doc! All letters given to channel nine are taken seriously.

But still also complain to the Herald. Its 5 minutes of our time, that's all. The time it took you to express what your wrote about them here could of been a letter to them, ya know?

I think it's probably important, as much as we all may not want to, to turn a blind eye to this type of thing. We're not going to be able to stop them from writing what they write, no matter how many e-mails, letters or calls we send and make. The most damaging thing to a "media outlet" is to be ignored by the masses. When they get responses, when they get feedback (critical or not), they achieve exactly what they are designed to achieve.

Although everyone who wrote in and complained should be applauded for standing-up for what's right (and logical), I think that by addressing these issues we probably end-up bringing more attention to them and therefore publicising the very articles, documentaries and stories that we set out to get rid of.

That's my two cents, anyway.

I drafted up a letter to channel 9 about this myself but never got around to sending it. I thought it was a disgraceful choice of documentary to air.

It was disgraceful, I was thinking it was another tribute to MJ but instread it was awful. I loved Channel 10's tribute though.

Back