Daily News - Sept 28, 2009 - Omer Bhatti pressrelease + This Is It sell-outs around the world!!

MsSnoop

Proud Member
Jackson sneak peek screenings sell out in 2 hours

(AP) – LOS ANGELES — Michael Jackson is still playing to sellout crowds.
Advance screenings to the music documentary "Michael Jackson: This Is It" sold out within two hours early Sunday as fans who began lining up three days earlier snapped up all 3,000 tickets to the Los Angeles shows.
The documentary opens nationwide Oct. 28, but fans will get a sneak peek the night before in screenings at the new Regal Cinemas Stadium 14. For the theater's grand opening, the cinema will show "This Is It" on all 14 screens that night.

Directed by longtime Jackson collaborator Kenny Ortega, "This Is It" draws on hundreds of hours of footage as Jackson prepared for a series of London concerts for which he was rehearsing before his death on June 25.

New books (even paper dolls) will mirror Michael Jackson

USA Today - Deirdre Donahue -
The King of Pop lives on in the hearts of publishers who are releasing a batch of new Michael Jackson books this fall. ...

***************************************​

UK: The O2: Michael Jackson: The Official Exhibition

IntoMobile (blog) - Ben Robinson -
The O2 (NYSE: TEF) is putting on an exhibition (the official one, no less) revolving around Michael Jackson. Whatever you might think about MJ, ...

Six-year-old puts on best Michael Jackson impression

News Chief - Charles Gonzalez -
WINTER HAVEN - Six-year-old Winter Haven resident Branden Cooper knew nothing about Michael Jackson before the pop icon's death in June ...

1544650204_8b348eb4a2.jpg

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1987 - Michael Jackson's "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" was certified Gold by the RIAA.

1993 - Janet Jackson's "If" was certified gold by the RIAA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Daily News - Sept 28, 2009 - Omer Bhatti speaks!

Omer Bhatti pressrelease:

1254132373163_76.jpg

Picture from vg.no, taken somtime last year

Words can not express my gratitude for all the love and support that you have shown me during this very difficult time. I have lost the closest and most important person in my life. He raised and made me the person that I am today.

From the bottom of my heart I thank all the fans around the world for all the kind and encouraging words.
I am sorry that I have not been able to respond to all your wonderful messages, but please know that I am truly grateful for each one of them.

Making music and performing has been my dream as for long as I can remember.
I want to honor him and his legacy, keeping his spirit alive.

I look forward to sharing my dreams with all of you when the time is right.

Sincerely,
Omer Bhatti/O-Bee

http://www.obeegalaxy.com/

Last edited:
Re: Daily News - Sept 28, 2009 - Omer Bhatti speaks!

Michael is still selling out theaters.. Oh how I wish he was here to witness this...

Re: Daily News - Sept 28, 2009 - Omer Bhatti pressrelease

Thanks for the news...very kind words from Omer :); it sounds a lot like Michael. I like that he keeps to himself and does not go out in the public giving interviews and promoting himself. Well done! :clapping:

Yeah reading that reminded me of Michael's words. Well Michael literally raised him as Omar writes, aw it shows.

Words can not express my gratitude for all the love and support that you have shown me during this very difficult time. I have lost the closest and most important person in my life. He raised and made me the person that I am today.

sounds like someones milking the mj was my dad stories for all its worth. what exactly was the point of that statement. and arent his parents the most important ppl who raised him?

sounds like someones milking the mj was my dad stories for all its worth. what exactly was the point of that statement. and arent his parents the most important ppl who raised him?

How do you know?

I think it was sweet and honest for him to release this. It's a big deal for some.

oh of course not elusive....they aren't famous or rich so no. way to milk it w/o really asying it.

I'm sorry that you can't understand that Omer feel the way he does.

But I know that we have a bunch of people on this forum that feels exactly the same way as Omer does - and we weren't even "in" Michael's life the way Omer was.

There's a big possibility that many people that grew up with Michael since even before they were teenagers are feeling that "parent" and "role model" connection with Omer.

It don't take a genius to understand how much Michael influenced Omer, even way before he got to meet Michael.

Last edited:

yeah i know how hes feeling we are all feeling the same but i still find this statement strange. hes not a celeb or well known all hes known for is all the tabloid stories about mj being his dad and this statement doesnt really help that. i dont see him dening the other story. this statement all adds to it which is why i wonder why it was put out in the first place.

Omer is enjoying all the rumors and speculation about him being MJ's "son". SMH

Maybe this news is too local for this board? It's all over the news in Norway, so I posted it here as well, if someone were interested in hearing what he had to say... It's not that big of a deal.

Thank you MsSnoop.

Maybe this news is too local for this board? It's all over the news in Norway, so I posted it here as well, if someone were interested in hearing what he had to say... It's not that big of a deal.

It's fine Marie, people have to understand that Omer and Michael were very good friends. What is the news saying about this subject? I am very curious :)

:( I can't believe what some of you have to say about Omer. It's discusting to indicate that he is trying to use the rumors about him for his own benifit!
You should not say things like that about someone you know nothing about! So please STFU..

If there is any person in this world that were and still are loyal to Michael, it must be Omer. I highly respect this boy, and hope that some day you will too..

Thanks for the news.

I think if someone receives lots of sympathy messages, it's his way to acknowledge that. He's not exploiting.

And it's good to know that MJ had people in his life he could trust all the way through and who genuinely care about him.

Compare his statement with the insensitivity of others who have been around MJ, going around saying anything.

There is a difference.

He dismissed stories that MJ was his father in a press release at the time. And it was quoted by the media. So he is not trying to milk any connection created by the tabloid info and then setting up Joe with a question, because he set the record straight.

Moreso, he wants to uphold MJ's legacy - when the time is right.

Because this is still a time of mourning.

I know that Omer is very sad and taking a back seat at this time. He knows that Michael Kids are more improtant. I just hope that he does not get sucked in by the hype of the media when he decides to go public. I hope he does not do interviews with every tabloid or media he can find asThey will pay him big bucks to get dirt on Michael.

But I know that we have a bunch of people on this forum that feels exactly the same way as Omer does - and we weren't even "in" Michael's life the way Omer was.

There's a big possibility that many people that grew up with Michael since even before they were teenagers are feeling that "parent" and "role model" connection with Omer.

It don't take a genius to understand how much Michael influenced Omer, even way before he got to meet Michael.
I agree. Heck some woman felt like they lost a husband/boyfriend because they have been in love with MJ for so long just like some guys felt like they lost a brother. I do not think NO ONE has a right to tell anyone how to feel when it come MJ. Omar has said he was NOT MJ son however if he feels like he lost a dad or a relative, I have no problem with that. Omar is not alone in his thinking.

well for me personally..Omar broke my heart....:cry:...I think he is hurting just like Michael's natural children are....like the world is..IMHO.....And God I wish Michael could see how he is still selling out shows...love that man..:love:

Hey there everyone, its me again with an update on the new MJ track on the upcoming Bone thugs album - for anyone who doesnt know them i suggest you check some of their stuff out, some great vocal harmony and they have some real nice melodic albums out..

Here's a little more info, apparantly it was actually recorded before MJ passed away, and dont quote me on this but may include MJ vocals....

Here is an interview for you from Bone thugs speaking on our legend Michael Jackson -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUGn0jHdgoQ&feature=player_embedded :)

I love Bone Thugs, so thanks again for posting it here! I'm curious about their track and how it's gonna sound!! :)

Keep us posted, the definition ;)

omer is really copying Michael in the way he talks, hahaha, i hope he is really talented in singins and dancing and writing and producing, etc, etc. Also in charms, i mean, he's putting himself as a Michael Jackson figure, i dont know, ummm, guess its ok

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Unprec....html?x=0&.v=1

Unprecedented Number of Sell-Outs Reported Worldwide for First Showings of 'Michael Jackson's This Is It'

Highly Anticipated Motion Picture Generates Huge Demand Around the World. Online Ticket Services Report Hundreds Of Sold-Out Shows in First Day of North American Advance Sales. More Than $1 Million In Ticket Sales In Japan Alone. 'I've never seen anything like it in the 25 years I have been film buying,' says UK Exhibitor

CULVER CITY, Calif., Sept. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Pictures Entertainment, in conjunction with Sony Music Entertainment, today announced that the first 24-hours of pre-sales activity for Michael Jackson's This Is It has resulted in record-breaking sales throughout the world as fans secure the first tickets to the two-week, limited engagement of the highly-anticipated motion picture.
With reports still coming in from nations around the world, it is believed no movie in history has generated so many ticket sales so far in advance of its release.

In North America, online ticket sellers Fandango and MovieTickets.com report that there is extraordinary demand for the film with hundreds of showtimes already sold out after one day of pre-sales. Some 80% of all online ticketing service transactions were for the film, which will debut in some markets with special advance showings the evening of Tuesday, October 27 and will open worldwide on Wednesday, October 28. The film is directed by long-time Jackson collaborator Kenny Ortega.

Domestically, an unprecedented number of shows for the two-week engagement have sold out in the first 24 hours of ticket availability in locations from coast-to-coast, including such cities as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, Nashville and New York, among others. Internationally, exhibitors from London and Sydney to Bangkok and Tokyo have experienced the same epic demand.

In London, Vue Entertainment's Film Buying Director Stuart Boreman said Michael Jackson's This Is It sold more than 30,000 tickets in its first 24-hours, setting the biggest ever one-day sales record in the UK, eclipsing advance buying for films including Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings. "I've never seen anything like it in the 25 years I have been film buying," Boreman said. "It's a true phenomenon and sales show no sign of slowing down."

In the United States, more than 500,000 fans performed searches for showtimes on the official www.thisisit-movie.com website. Online buzz for Michael Jackson's This Is It was 60 percent higher Sunday than for any other upcoming film.

Commenting on the extraordinary results, Rory Bruer, President of Worldwide Theatrical Distribution for Sony Picture Releasing said, "Michael Jackson's fans all over the globe have enormous interest in this film and we can assure they will not be disappointed. This film delivers on everything they hope and expect to see. I think the initial sales activity we are seeing in the United States and United Kingdom to countries such as Australia and Thailand underscores the unique nature of this film, which is a special celebration of Michael and his music."

In Japan, more than $1 million in ticket sales were recorded within the first 24 hours of their release, setting an advanced-sales record unmatched by any movie in history.

Staggering advance sales were reported in Australia, where tickets for Michael Jackson's This Is It purchased through Village Cinemas exceeded the lifetime pre-sales of such blockbusters as Transformers, and X-Men Origins.

In Bangkok, Thailand, fans lined up at box office ticket counters throughout the city, and by the end of the first day, all tickets for the first showings across Bangkok were sold-out.

In Los Angeles, at Regal Cinema's LA LIVE Stadium 14, fans began lining up on Thursday night for tickets to some of the city's first public showings, and within hours of Sunday morning's starting bell for advance pre-sales, the exhibitor reported selling out of all 3,000 of their seats for shows on Tuesday night October 27th.

Sell-outs at theaters in France are also being reported; thousands of fans lined up at The Grand Rex in Paris and quickly bought out the film's first screening there. Record-setting sales also were recorded in Germany; hundreds of fans lined up outside one theater in Munich at midnight to await the opening of the box office. As one German exhibitor noted, "Something like this never happened before in Germany."

Record sales and sell-outs are also being reported in Holland, Sweden, Belgium and New Zealand, among other countries.

Moviegoers worldwide can get information for the two-week limited engagement by visiting www.thisisit-movie.com. For fans wishing to discover the closest theater playing the film near their home in North America, please call (877) 488-4258.

Michael Jackson's This Is It will offer Jackson fans and music lovers worldwide a rare, behind-the-scenes look at the performer as he developed, created and rehearsed for his sold-out concerts that would have taken place beginning this summer in London's O2 Arena. Chronicling the months from March through June, 2009, the film is produced with the full support of the Estate of Michael Jackson and drawn from more than one hundred hours of behind-the-scenes footage, featuring Jackson rehearsing a number of his songs for the show. Audiences will be given a privileged and private look at Jackson as he has never been seen before. In raw and candid detail, Michael Jackson's This Is It captures the singer, dancer, filmmaker, architect, creative genius, and great artist at work as he creates and perfects his final show. Kenny Ortega, who was both Michael Jackson's creative partner and the director of the stage show, is also directing the film, which is being produced by Randy Phillips, Kenny Ortega and Paul Gongaware. Executive producers are John Branca and John McClain. The film will be distributed worldwide by Sony Pictures Releasing. For more information about the film please visit www.thisisit-movie.com.

Sony Music Entertainment's Columbia/Epic Label Group will release a two-disc album "This Is It" featuring music inspired by the motion picture. The album will be available internationally on October 26th and in North America on October 27th.

Another one here

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/popv...questions-from-the-michael-jackson-tapes.aspx

I think the writer questions are really stupid:doh:

here one on particular

4. Was Michael Jackson really attracted to women, or was he just pretending? Boteach doesn’t believe Jackson was gay, and he provides several instances of Jackson’s interest in the opposite sex. Jackson used Boteach as a go-between to ask Katie Couric on a date (she declined), discussed his crush on Princess Diana (“I have never asked a girl out. They have to ask me”), and dished on his first girlfriend, Tatum O’Neal (“She wasn’t into innocence, and I love that”). Sex wasn't second nature to Jackson, though: of early girlfriend Brooke Shields, Jackson said, “We had one encounter when she got real intimate and I chickened out. And I shouldn’t have.”

I thought Michael was into innocence, im confused:mello:, i guess he didnt was into innocence with women, i dont have the book, so im prety confused cause i cant read it, ahaha, i would buy it cause all the press really confuses me, GOD!:bugeyed

means hes loves innocence and she didnt. he said the best thing was holding hands with her under the table that he got fireworks from that. more than kissing

ooh i what that new book :yes: when does it release? just asking :)

well for me personally..Omar broke my heart....:cry:...I think he is hurting just like Michael's natural children are...

It broke my heart to see his face when he came back home to Norway after the funeral and all.. It looked as if his whole world was torn apart, it was absolutely heartbreaking.

Even though we feel sorrow and pain, we can just imagine what Omer and Michael's kids feel about it.

I know that Omer is very sad and taking a back seat at this time. He knows that Michael Kids are more improtant. I just hope that he does not get sucked in by the hype of the media when he decides to go public. I hope he does not do interviews with every tabloid or media he can find asThey will pay him big bucks to get dirt on Michael.

I don't think he will, from what I can tell he's been getting offers for years to do interviews concerning MJ but has always declined.

Back