The Daily News Sep 29 - more of the ticket sell-out!, Mesereau Files claim against estate.

mariemarie

Guests
Michael Jackson tickets on sale

Michael Jackson fans around the world have proved their dedication as tickets for his concert film go on sale.

In Los Angeles, music lovers desperate to be the first to see This Is It camped out for three days.

Monique Kirby, who waited in line with her young daughter said: "It was worth it. It was worth the wait."

The movie, made up of rehearsal footage for MJ's This Is It residency, is not released until October 27, and will only be shown in cinemas for two weeks.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090928/ten-michael-jackson-tickets-on-sale-ea4616c.html

Michael Jackson's This Is It movie poised for huge ticket sales

Michael Jackson's This Is It was the hottest movie of the weekend - and it isn't even out yet.

Tickets for the hotly anticipated movie, which opens next month, went on sale at 12.01am on Sunday.

The movie was put together from more than 100 hours of concert rehearsal footage shot as Jackson prepared for his ill-fated comeback tour.

And by Sunday night, the movie accounted for 71 per cent of all sales on internet ticket site Fandango.com.

http://www.metrolyrics.com/2009-mic...-movie-poised-for-huge-ticket-sales-news.html

Michael Jackson Still Selling Tickets

Record-breaking sales for This Is It leading up to limited engagement.

Sony Pictures Entertainment, in conjunction with Sony Music Entertainment, today announced that the first 24-hours of pre-sales activity for Michael Jackson's This Is It has resulted in record-breaking sales throughout the world as fans secure the first tickets to the two-week, limited engagement of the highly-anticipated motion picture. With reports still coming in from nations around the world, it is believed no movie in history has generated so many ticket sales so far in advance of its release.

In North America, online ticket sellers Fandango and MovieTickets.com report that there is extraordinary demand for the film with hundreds of showtimes already sold out after one day of pre-sales. Some 80% of all online ticketing service transactions were for the film, which will debut in some markets with special advance showings the evening of Tuesday, October 27 and will open worldwide on Wednesday, October 28. The film is directed by long-time Jackson collaborator Kenny Ortega.

Domestically, an unprecedented number of shows for the two-week engagement have sold out in the first 24 hours of ticket availability in locations from coast-to-coast, including such cities as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Houston, Nashville and New York, among others. Internationally, exhibitors from London and Sydney to Bangkok and Tokyo have experienced the same epic demand.

In London, Vue Entertainment's Film Buying Director Stuart Boreman said Michael Jackson's This Is It sold more than 30,000 tickets in its first 24-hours, setting the biggest ever one-day sales record in the UK, eclipsing advance buying for films including Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings. "I've never seen anything like it in the 25 years I have been film buying," Boreman said. "It's a true phenomenon and sales show no sign of slowing down."

In the United States, more than 500,000 fans performed searches for showtimes on the official www.thisisit-movie.com website. Online buzz for Michael Jackson's This Is It was 60 percent higher Sunday than for any other upcoming film.

Check out the trailer for Michael Jackson's This Is It.

Commenting on the extraordinary results, Rory Bruer, President of Worldwide Theatrical Distribution for Sony Picture Releasing said, "Michael Jackson's fans all over the globe have enormous interest in this film and we can assure they will not be disappointed. This film delivers on everything they hope and expect to see. I think the initial sales activity we are seeing in the United States and United Kingdom to countries such as Australia and Thailand underscores the unique nature of this film, which is a special celebration of Michael and his music."

In Japan, more than $1 million in ticket sales were recorded within the first 24 hours of their release, setting an advanced-sales record unmatched by any movie in history.

Staggering advance sales were reported in Australia, where tickets for Michael Jackson's This Is It purchased through Village Cinemas exceeded the lifetime pre-sales of such blockbusters as Transformers and X-Men Origins.

In Bangkok, Thailand, fans lined up at box office ticket counters throughout the city, and by the end of the first day, all tickets for the first showings across Bangkok were sold-out.

In Los Angeles, at Regal Cinema's LA LIVE Stadium 14, fans began lining up on Thursday night for tickets to some of the city's first public showings, and within hours of Sunday morning's starting bell for advance pre-sales, the exhibitor reported selling out of all 3,000 of their seats for shows on Tuesday night October 27th.

Sell-outs at theaters in France are also being reported; thousands of fans lined up at The Grand Rex in Paris and quickly bought out the film's first screening there. Record-setting sales also were recorded in Germany; hundreds of fans lined up outside one theater in Munich at midnight to await the opening of the box office. As one German exhibitor noted, "Something like this never happened before in Germany."

Record sales and sell-outs are also being reported in Holland, Sweden, Belgium and New Zealand, among other countries.

Moviegoers worldwide can get information for the two-week limited engagement by visiting www.thisisit-movie.com. For fans wishing to discover the closest theater playing the film near their home in North America, please call (877) 488-4258.

Michael Jackson's This Is It will offer Jackson fans and music lovers worldwide a rare, behind-the-scenes look at the performer as he developed, created and rehearsed for his sold-out concerts that would have taken place beginning this summer in London's O2 Arena. Chronicling the months from March through June, 2009, the film is produced with the full support of the Estate of Michael Jackson and drawn from more than one hundred hours of behind-the-scenes footage, featuring Jackson rehearsing a number of his songs for the show. Audiences will be given a privileged and private look at Jackson as he has never been seen before. In raw and candid detail, Michael Jackson's This Is It captures the singer, dancer, filmmaker, architect, creative genius, and great artist at work as he creates and perfects his final show. Kenny Ortega, who was both Michael Jackson's creative partner and the director of the stage show, is also directing the film, which is being produced by Randy Phillips, Kenny Ortega and Paul Gongaware. Executive producers are John Branca and John McClain. The film will be distributed worldwide by Sony Pictures Releasing. For more information about the film please visit www.thisisit-movie.com.

Sony Music Entertainment's Columbia/Epic Label Group will release a two-disc album "This Is It" featuring music inspired by the motion picture. The album will be available internationally on October 26th and in North America on October 27th.

Tickets for Sony’s Michael Jackson documentary This Is It went on sale for the first time last night, available online through the film’s official ticket site as well as the usual online ticket suspects. Just a few hours later, over 160 showings were already sold out.

According to MovieTickets.com, sales of tickets to Michael Jackson’s This Is It have accounted for more than 82 percent of all the tickets sold at the site today. Of course it’s Monday and not exactly a big ticket-buying day, but still that’s fairly significant. This is after all, just a concert documentary. Except of course it’s a concert documentary about the most famous man currently in the grave.

So just how much money is this thing going to make? The current documentary box office record holder is Fahrenheit 9/11 with a lifetime gross of $119 million. In a distant second place is March of the Penguins with $77 million and in an even more distant third place is Disney’s Earth from last year with $32 million. Documentary records aren’t hard to break. This is It should have no problem taking over third place, where it will sit for all time as a testament to what a bunch of celebrity obsessed bunch of retards we all are. Celebrate this bright new day for humanity, by being there with ticket in hand for Michael Jackson’s last dance on October 28th.

Update! We were also able to contact Fandango and they report similar numbers of ticket sales. Fandango currently has 110 sold out showings of This Is It with the Michael Jackson documentary comprising 78% of the tickets sold on their site today.
http://cinemablend.com/new/Tickets-For-Michael-Jackson-s-This-Is-It-Already-Sold-Out-14949.html

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1986 - A line of Michael Jackson children's clothes was launched at the Palladium nightclub in New York.

1994 - Michael Jackson's album "Thriller" was certified 24 times Platinum, the album "Bad" was certified 8 times Platinum and the album "Dangerous" was certified 6 times Platinum.

Thriller-Michael-Jackson_l.jpg

Re: The Daily News Sep 29 - more of the world wide ticket sell-out talk!

WOW I can't believe the hype in the rest of the world is so big... In my country only ~10% of the tickets are sold. @_@
MJ is so underrated here, people better listen to russian rap-crap :D

This Is It is really going to be big....but I expected that.

HE's Beating everyone EVEN IN SPIRIT!!! Thats How he do...Its amazing! When has Michael NEVER Broken records...thats like his to do list...lol...:D Thankyou for this article.

Love,
Romi

And again Russia is not with the rest of the world :( There's no pre-sale here, they are expected to start selling tickets on October 25 :(

This news is absolutely fantastic! Michael is the man. I am sure some people in the media are scratching their heads saying 'what do we have to do to turn people against this man? Dang!'

Now, that aside. I am here to shamelessly plug for the MJJC Legacy Project! Please check this out: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77535

Now is our time.

Nancii

The movie houses in the USA is not showing the trailer they do not even have a poster show that the movie will be showing at there movie house

The movie houses in the USA is not showing the trailer they do not even have a poster show that the movie will be showing at there movie house

Yep, you're right...I'm thinking that the closer it gets to the opening, the more promo we'll see.

:cheeky:

This news is absolutely fantastic! Michael is the man. I am sure some people in the media are scratching their heads saying 'what do we have to do to turn people against this man? Dang!'

Now, that aside. I am here to shamelessly plug for the MJJC Legacy Project! Please check this out: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77535

Now is our time.

Nancii

:yes: :tease: :D

Mesereau files claim against the estate

Another day, another creditor's claim filed against Michael Jackson's estate. The law firm Mesereau & Yu -- who defended Michael during his molestation trial in 2005 -- filed a claim on Friday against the estate. In the claim, it says Michael owes the firm $341,452.05 for work done between July of 2005 and February of 2006. And well worth it ... Michael was acquitted on all 14 charges.

Tmz.com

YES YES YES!!!
The world loves Michael Jackson, here's AGAIN a proof!

So great news, thanks for posting!!

Yeeeaaahhh! MJ fans are the best!!

Re: Mesereau files claim against the estate

Maybe he was waiting until MJ got back on his feet.

Yeah...I'm sure he knew he'd get paid eventually, and MJ's death was unexpected. So if they don't put in a claim now, then they aren't gonna get paid, and they really do deserve to be paid.

Well, if they were not paid, they should be because they did an awesome job!

Mesereau did a great job but why wait till now?

Maybe he was waiting until MJ got back on his feet.

Probably, and now that MJ is gone, he have to come now and ask to be paid or maybe he'll never be.

Quoted For Truth

Michael even owed Bruce Swedien half a million.

Another day, another creditor's claim filed against Michael Jackson's estate. The law firm Mesereau & Yu -- who defended Michael during his molestation trial in 2005 -- filed a claim on Friday against the estate. In the claim, it says Michael owes the firm $341,452.05 for work done between July of 2005 and February of 2006. And well worth it ... Michael was acquitted on all 14 charges.

Tmz.com

people don't seem to understand...there is a slow and steady flow, and Messereau will get his money. MJ has no record of ultimately not paying up over time. liquidating everything too fast isn't smart business sense. obviously, the lawyer has been getting something, and now he's filing a claim for the rest. i hope he has patience..i'm sure he knows enough about business to know that.

The Lawyers should be paid....and whoever asked "why wait till now" is right, but not in that light.

How many people do YOU know who'll do work and wait 3 years to get paid??

That legal team did a kick ass job and deserve every penny that they get. That's only a few hundred thousand dollars. I've seen lawyers get paid more than that for drawing up a contract.

The Lawyers should be paid....and whoever asked "why wait till now" is right, but not in that light.

That legal team did a kick ass job and deserve every penny that they get. That's only a few hundred thousand dollars. I've seen lawyers get paid more than that for drawing up a contract.

I agree. Mez and firm should get their money. And I'm not mad at him. He respected Michael right up to the end. And he also talked very nicely about Michael after he died from everything I've heard from him.

I wonder if we will see some MJ fans "flip the switch" on T-Mez and start attacking him because he filed a claim for unpaid money.

Tmz.com

TMZ...:smilerolleyes: What's this got to do with the trial?

:scratch:Work done between 7/2005 & 2/2006 has nothin' to do with the trial...it was over.

That sounds T-Mez & Company got paid for the trial, and this is probably for services during that transition period back to his life afterward 'tl he hired a new firm for his day to day.

he's not waiting three years to get paid. he's not claiming no money came in at all, he's filing a claim for a certain period of time. as long as i know it's coming in, i wouldn't worry about it, if it was me. it's if the indication is given that there is no intention of even paying at all, that i would worry about..and MJ has no record of having no intention. people have payment plans all the time...

and for the guy who's accusing 'flip the switch'...nobody is doing that...

this is not an issue...the lawyer is getting his money in a way that does not jeapordize the estate.

i don't know why people assume that because a certain period of time passes and a giant lump sum didn't come in five seconds, that MJ did something wrong.

i don't even know why people are assuming that the lawyer is accusing MJ of doing anything wrong, just because a claim is being filed.

he's not waiting three years to get paid. he's not claiming no money came in at all, he's filing a claim for a certain period of time. as long as i know it's coming in, i wouldn't worry about it, if it was me. it's if the indication is given that there is no intention of even paying at all, that i would worry about..and MJ has no record of having no intention. people have payment plans all the time...

and for the guy who's accusing 'flip the switch'...nobody is doing that...

this is not an issue...the lawyer is getting his money in a way that does not jeapordize the estate.

i don't know why people assume that because a certain period of time passes and a giant lump sum didn't come in five seconds, that MJ did something wrong.

i don't even know why people are assuming that the lawyer is accusing MJ of doing anything wrong, just because a claim is being filed.
This is for work done in 2005 and 2006. Payment is past due if you ask me. Who wants to wait 3 years to ger paid?

Back