"Keep Michael`s legacy alive" - what does it mean to you?

deni_avr

Proud Member
"Keeping Michael`s legacy alive" - these words are the most common around here. I got to think tonight about it. What everyone of you personally implies in them? How do you keep his legacy alive? What do you do or plan to do? There are so many people here, so different and yet so close by one single thought. I know what i imply in these words but i wonder is it enough? I need your opinion on that. What do these words mean to you?

Well for me it's basically just keeping in mind those things Michael loved.
Positive look in life, loving life, loving other people, loving Earth, being unprejudiced. Most importantly, sharing L.O.V.E.
And while doing those things play Michael's music as loud as I can and spread the word to other people. :yes:

I know I'm not perfect but I try hard and do my best! :huggy:

I will answer 50 years later to this question. After i see my great grand children moonwalking, crotch grabbing and kicking to his tunes i will know i have kept his legacy alive.
And if they are humble, respectful and loving to other people then i will know i have kept his legacy alive.

Thank you! I started thinking over this mostly because i do not feel capable of convicing people around me to listen beyond Michael` music, i mean the musical stuff, to listen to the lyrics instead of just the rythm and realise what he really meant. Or not to believe everything they say in papers, etc. I`ve been really unsuccessful so far. At some point i got even tired of all the argues. People seem absolutely incapable of really seeing the things that matter in life. How are we expected to heal the world when all around us do not want even to consider changing some attitude in their relations with others or in their relation with the world, nature? We all need love, indeed. He was so right about that. I started thinking and talking about all this because after Michael passed i realised how much time i have lost in useless things. Now i want never to repeat that, try to find some comfort in doing what Michael used to do, enjoy simple things as he did, try to open the eyes of people, but more often it`s hard to do that when surrounded with so much artificial people.

So obviously my part in keeping Michael`s legacy alive will be only in myself, my thoughts, my actions, my choices. I wondered whether this is enough, will it make a difference to anything, anybody? After your posts in this thread...well, i think is good enough. At least for now. Thank you.

Michael's love for the earth, animals, and children is what inspires me most. I do feral cat rescue(I have a kitten on my lap right now that I rescued on Michael's birthday, to celebrate his birthday), and I became a certified childbirth educator and I want to teach free birth/parenting classes to low income parents. I'm also vegan and trying to move in the direction of phasing out all aspects of my life that aren't good for our environment(cars, etc.). I'm inspired by the way Michael didn't just go around saying "heal the world," he actually went about and actively made a difference. I'm trying to do the same.

I want him to be given the recognition that he deserves. His achievements have become infamous and he's often reduced to the rumors and allegations. Thanks to the media, stupid rumors tainted Michael's image and overshadowed his incredible career. Can you believe that in the US Michael is often reduced to Thriller?! I mean, are you kidding me?!!!!! I have heard, quite a lot, reporters and people saying things like "Isn't his last hit song 25 years old?!", "What great songs did he make after Thriller?!" and "He only came up with a couple good songs." Bad sold 30+m albums. Dangerous sold more than 32. History more than 22 and is the biggest selling double disc album. Blood on The Dance Floor is the biggest selling remix album of all time. Mike has the most attended tours of all time Bad, Dangerous, History. The jaw-dropping list of unprecedented records goes on and on and on. He kept on breaking records even after he passed. This is just a glimpse and all people talk about is B.S! No one can even dream of a career like Michael's and people only discuss trivial things. This is absolutely unacceptable and unfair. We see the media glorify other artists, who don't even compare to Michael, and trash MJ's name. If you have seen any documentary about MJ, you'll see that they mention all the garbage and not these mind-blowing records. This must change and Michael must be given his rightfully earned respect and praise. People must be reminded of his greatness and next generations should appreciate the King of Pop, Rock and Soul, the Great Late Mr. Michael Jackson.

Last edited:
Being the best person I can be and achieve everything that I can and then telling people I done this because of the one and only Michael Jackson.

Back