Invincible Appreication Thread

CampbellzSoup

Proud Member
The ONLY THING WRONG with Invincible is that some songs are just wayy too long for theri own good. Heartbreaker and Unbreakable should have ended in the song where they felt like they should have instead of dragging it out...I made cuts of them using the iTunes start and finish sections, and they are much better cut.

Why did this album get thrashed? It was much better than HIStory in my opinion, and it retuned Michael to fun pop beats instead of the agressive/sad ones in HIStory.

michael-jackson-invincible.jpg

What are your favorite Invincible songs?

Did you have any of the special color albums for it?

I'm so disgusted that we were literally robbed of videos for Butterflies, Threatened, Whatever Happens, and Speachless... Also I was so sad that there were never live performances of these songs as well :*(.

Like I said the only slight problem I have with it is that some songs drag out...Invincible, Heartbreaker, and Unbreakable...they just needed to end a bit earlier. Cry also is the only song on there I don't like at all...I can't believe that was released as a single instead of many of the other songs.

I dont mind no videos for some songs. I never noticed how some of he songs dragged out like that, if so I dont mind that either. Its such an awesome album, I bought it on CASSETTE actually! LOL! But I like the ballads the most.

The album is amazing!! and i love it. but as we all know due to those problems with Sony it did not get the love it deserved. plus people were so close minded about Mike, it was heartbreaking. I dont know if it was better than HIStory or not.. each album has its own style. But hopefully people will recognize the greatness of Invincible, i just dont think they were ready for it back then!!!

I say bring it on now this album deserves praise!

I got it when it first came out the only MJ album I got, but I'm not going to lie I got it for You Rock My World.

I say bring it on now this album deserves praise!

I got it when it first came out the only MJ album I got, but I'm not going to lie I got it for You Rock My World.

I'm a fan since 1987...and I was amazed by this Album when it's been released back in 2001.

I still amazed and i think that the lack of videos is a crime.

Thank you Michael for this wonderfull album !

This album was really awesome, I have to agree. I don't really have a favorite song from this album because I appreciate them all but I love MJ's vocals in the songs butterflies, break of Dawn, and I love whatever happens. He just gets so into Whatever happens it's awesome. I just really really wish butterflies had a video. It's so unappreciated but it's still great. It's not his best though.:D Oh, and there's even a holographic edition of the albums cover too.

Oh I really love Invincible. One of my favorites actually. The only small problem I have with it is on Unbreakable. The rap is SO long! I love that song like crazy, it's one of my most favorites on the album but the rap is way too long for me. I usually skip over it. :p
Otherwise, this album is amazing. Michael sounds wonderful and it's just another masterpiece of his. I hope it gets a lot more appreciated in the next years. It's really an amazing album. I'm a sucker for ballad and Invincible has quite a few. I love it. Invincible beats all albums released at that time. That's when music started to really go down but Michael was still able to make great music.

I love Invincible. All the ballads are incredible and I like several of the uptempo songs on there as well. Mike's voice is at it's most beautiful here if you ask me. Vocally, I think it just might be his best along with "Off The Wall".

Beautiful album. It really shows Michael's vocal ability.

It's certaintly not perfect and needs a couple of tweaks. Songs such as Heartbreaker, Invincible and to an extent Privacy seem to drag on with little variance - just a repeat of the chorus a minute or two too many. The song placement isn't great either, in particular reference to the first three songs. In a similar way to 'Dangerous', the first couple of songs use the same style and blend into eachother a bit. Another point is there aren't that many more upbeat songs. The only ones on the record include Unbreakable, YRMW, 2000 Watts and to an extent Threatened. It needs some Smooth Criminal, Dirty Diana, Beat It, Scream, Jam, They Don't Care About Us, Billie Jean. The album just needs more oomph and something which Michael could really dance to.

Onto the positives of the album. There are some really lovely songs on here. The ballads in particular. I think the problem with Dangerous was there weren't really any love songs - and I love Michael's love songs. Butterflies (the song which really got me into Michael back in 2000/01), Speechless, You Are My Life, Don't Walk Away, Heaven Can Wait and Break of Dawn are just full of emotion and Michael just nails all these. The vocals on Butterflies are truly extraordinary! His voice on Butterflies sounds like something he did in youth. Other ballads such as Cry, The Lost Children are great too :)

Stand outs for me on this album;
-Unbreakable
-Butterflies
-You Rock My World
-Speechless
-Break of Dawn
-Heaven Can Wait
-Don't Walk Away
-Whatever Happens

I'm personally not a fan of Threatened or Privacy. Privacy in particular sounds like a Britney song.. Probably my least favourite Michael album. But still that doesn't mean it's not great. I love all of Michael's albums I just feel in comparison to his others its not as strong.

I have to admit, I've never been a huge fan of this album - mainly because I'm more a fan of the "gruntier/punchier" songs. (if that's how you want to describe them!) Don't get me wrong, I love Michaél's ballads, and I think vocally he sounds beautiful on this album, but if I was to throw an album on to listen from start to finish it certainly wouldnt be this one.

I must say, I do think Speechless is one of his best songe. It's beautiful :)

Invincible is my favorite album, barely beating Bad.

Almost everything about Invincible is perfect. My only gripe is the song placement, but in this age of iTunes, when you can easily choose which songs to listen to, does placement really matter?

Is it too long? Absolutely not. I'd rather have a 77 minute MJ album than a 40 minute one.

And what's this nonsense about Invincible not having oomph? If you don't see the oomph in Unbreakable, Heartbreaker, Invincible, YRMY, 2000 Watts or Threatened, then you just aren't trying.

As for iconic songs, I think Butterflies and Whatever Happens are as iconic as they come.

Invincible also has an often-overlooked gem in Don't Walk Away. The strings on that song are out of this world.

And, to top it all off, Invinicble has my favorite song ever, wether MJ or non-MJ:

Heaven Can Wait!!!

I didn't say it was too long I just felt like some songs were dragged out like Unbreakable should have ended a minute before it did. But I LOVE this Album so much, what is your choice song placement?

Back